As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    I wish I could buy platinum with the random daily discounts. Just burnt a 75% on Excalibur because it was about to run out and most everything is still scary priced when I'm only sitting on 150.

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    It's hard to imagine that other people want to sell their rivens, let alone imagine myself doing it. I know the game is called warframe, but in my heart it's called "hoard everything with numbers"

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    It's hard to imagine that other people want to sell their rivens, let alone imagine myself doing it. I know the game is called warframe, but in my heart it's called "hoard everything with numbers"

I sell my rivens because I keep them until I run out of room but the game keeps giving them to me.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    There's a solution for not having enough riven space, but it involves prostituting your warframe time for the benefit of lazy others.
    x0hib9vsdoi7.jpg

EDIT: the phrase "mods in a stack" is now stuck in my head like a bad song, being applied to any situation I can label with it.

kralizecc on
  • Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Self-expression is a big part of why I play games like Warframe. It's very important to me that every build I make says something about who I am as a person. Rivens are powerful and can provide a sense of novelty, but the entire concept of them runs counter to my personal goal of carefully cultivating meaningful builds.

Which is fine, because Warframe has a market. My dislike of rivens just means there will be more out there for the players who do appreciate them.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular

I sell my rivens because I keep them until I run out of room but the game keeps giving them to me.

I melt the ones I don't like. I'm that guy. Yep.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    Man brozime just dropped something that I didn't realize but seems obvious. Yeah all armor reductions are additive. So corrosive projection counts. You only need a 82% armor strip to fully strip armor with corrosive projection on.

Is corrosive additive now too? Are 10 corrosive stacks+projection a 98% strip now?

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    I don't think corrosive procs and heat procs are additive with each other. I use a corrosive/heat build on my secondary, and it doesn't seem to be killing Grineer any faster than it did before.

• Options
    I guess I'll check when I get home, see if 10 corrosive+projection+a negative power strength pillage tips it over

• Options
    So I main a Harrow who, when all temporary buffs are up at the same time, rocks about 500% ability strength.

This means that when penance is active, my guns have +175% fire rate.

As you might imagine, the new changes to make ammo more spread out have effected my playstyle. I'm definitely switching weapons and sweeping the map to pick up drops more often than I used to.

Did the new changes include any adjustments to vacuum? I don't see anything in the update notes about it, but I could swear I need to get closer to stuff to pick it up than I used to.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    man, titania running razorwing blitz is TOO fast

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »

I melt the ones I don't like. I'm that guy. Yep.

That's what I did for ages, 'cause I really don't like dealing with them. Especially before I got a lot more slots at mr 30.

Eventually I realized people buy veiled rifle rivens for 40p and sell those now

• Options
    Why do they do that?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Why do they do that?

Because rivens are lottery tickets. People pay $2 for a piece of paper that becomes worth $0 in moments.

• Options
    40 plat, though?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I imagine because taking a gamble on a fresh roll for a weapon is seen as more valuable to people fishing for god-rolls than buying anything else short of that goal that might have rerolls on them already, increasing the price.

Unfortunately corrosive does not stack additively with projection+power strips. But I did find out that I can ditch using a pax arcane on my grendel now and not have to do any setup for pillage to do its work.

I have also now realized that Mag's Pull is God Mode for energy generation. Not because of its passive - God no. But if you were to, say, replace Magnetize with Spectrorage+Siphon... On a max range Mag...

• Options
    Eh, I've bought crap rivens for like 40-50 and tried to roll them before. Sometimes you just want to see if you can make a gun good; IDGAF about selling anything/profit. 40 plat for "might be worth a damn/useful" isn't awful.

• Options
    Buying the smallest platinum pack with no discount puts 40 plat at $2.67, barely more than a cheap lottery ticket.

Most players wouldn't buy plat under those conditions. Buying the largest pack at a 75% discount puts 40 plat at 47¢. That's well within "impulse buy" range for many people.

• Options
    Buying the smallest platinum pack with no discount puts 40 plat at $2.67, barely more than a cheap lottery ticket.

Most players wouldn't buy plat under those conditions. Buying the largest pack at a 75% discount puts 40 plat at 47¢. That's well within "impulse buy" range for many people.

TBF it's different console/PC. We don't have direct plat discounts, only store coupons. But that said, I only buy plat in Prime/Accessory packs type bundles, and... TBH, have most everything I want already, so it just stacks up. So 40p for a riven seems fine, I'll drop 10-20 on a rare mod if I just CBA to try harder for it.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular

Well then, good news about that. Now you can collect as many as you want, as long as you don't do anything with them.

• Options
    Perhaps I have a different sense of the value of plat as a mostly free player that relies on selling shit to get any

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    XantusXantus Registered User regular
    Perhaps I have a different sense of the value of plat as a mostly free player that relies on selling shit to get any

as someone who's been a long time prime set trader/flipper... i'll say there's a significant portion of the traderbase that has thousands of plat to burn. especially if one had decent luck at selling ephemeras.

at this point it's definitely gotten harder to really trade-up for plat though.. after Prime Resurgence the demand for old prime sets + the ubiquity of warframe.market has led to trading being more 'stingy'

• Options
    if warframe.market didn't exist I wouldn't even bother, not worth the effort to use the trade channel in game

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Xantus wrote: »

as someone who's been a long time prime set trader/flipper... i'll say there's a significant portion of the traderbase that has thousands of plat to burn. especially if one had decent luck at selling ephemeras.

at this point it's definitely gotten harder to really trade-up for plat though.. after Prime Resurgence the demand for old prime sets + the ubiquity of warframe.market has led to trading being more 'stingy'

That said, normal traders are a hell of a lot more reasonable than riven traders. Who start with the proposition that they should be getting an unfairly high premium on either side of the trade, and then increase their demands from there

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    God I hate that you have to wait 12 hours between shit like mutagen mass crafts. How is this stuff not 1 minute yet.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    God I hate that you have to wait 12 hours between shit like mutagen mass crafts. How is this stuff not 1 minute yet.

Oh that’s simple. Fuck you!

• Options
    For a long time, I'd go to the dojo once a month or so, buy dozens of blueprints for each of the three items, and just set them to build every time I logged in. Didn't really take any time or attention to speak of and I've always had waaaaay more than I'll ever need.

Before they made it so you could select how many you wanted to buy with one click it was kindof a pain, now it's super easy. Not that I'll ever need to do it again.

• Options
    the micromanagement for the crafts of the faction crafting items being so tedious is why I'm probably never going to finish all of these fucking blueprints

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    the micromanagement for the crafts of the faction crafting items being so tedious is why I'm probably never going to finish all of these fucking blueprints

'Oh i need 10 for these? Okay, I'll build them'

Two days later I forget what I was building them for lol

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular

I think I have 2 clan items total left to craft

I have like 1400 hours in this stupid game

• Options
    It's okay I have like a fraction of that crafted and I have 4k+ hours.

I just did the MR 23 quest and I have an excal prime. It's actually somewhat embarrassing. What can I say, though - I like what I like, and don't tend to build anything that doesn't look like I would.

Like right now I want to build a mutalist quanta, but that's entirely because I think it would be a funny meme to Garuda mega-punch dread mirror through the orb with arcane arachne, demulcent, and lethal levitation running, all of which are multiplicative with each other as far as the ability goes based on the 67 million white hit it did to some poor bastard crewman.

Gonna put cast speed shards on Garuda and dump my entire energy bar in seconds lol.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    You're doing invasions as well, right? I never felt the need to mass craft the faction crafting items.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Yeah definitely don't craft those things, unless they got MUCH cheaper. Invasions are the way.

Edit: So, Styanax... Str/Range and proceed to shield bash dudes, yeah? Feels like duration can be skipped, IDK about efficiency except probably shouldn't totally dump-stat it.

dporowski on
  • Options
    the problem with invasions is I do one invasion and it completely saps my desire to play any further because it's boring

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    the problem with invasions is I do one invasion and it completely saps my desire to play any further because it's boring

Just check them for quick exterminate or captures every time you boot up the game

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    Yeah definitely don't craft those things, unless they got MUCH cheaper. Invasions are the way.

Edit: So, Styanax... Str/Range and proceed to shield bash dudes, yeah? Feels like duration can be skipped, IDK about efficiency except probably shouldn't totally dump-stat it.

You want +Duration to increase the number of Javelins thrown by Final Stand. Str is more important but you want a balanced build with all stats being increased rather than dumpstatting any one of them.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    You also want some duration for your rally thing because getting constant shields from your and your allies' kills is good for his survivability.

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Spoit wrote: »

Just check them for quick exterminate or captures every time you boot up the game

Then the mission type changes after a single run and your stuck on defense or *shudder* mobile defense for the next two rounds.

What? You want those items right ... well chop chop. We only give them out in batches of three (3) missions per reward so ... we could spend countless lives and time defending that cryopod but why do that when we can get the Tenno to do it for us. They'll do anything for some mutagen mass or feildrons ... Easiest. Deal. Ever.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Spoit wrote: »

Then the mission type changes after a single run and your stuck on defense or *shudder* mobile defense for the next two rounds.

What? You want those items right ... well chop chop. We only give them out in batches of three (3) missions per reward so ... we could spend countless lives and time defending that cryopod but why do that when we can get the Tenno to do it for us. They'll do anything for some mutagen mass or feildrons ... Easiest. Deal. Ever.

Oh did they change that? You used to be able to do multiple runs before they went to the next type

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    you can, but it's on a timer and often you'll only see it right at the end of the timer for the good fast mission type

BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.