As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Epic Seven - episode 4 coming to a close soon.

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Took a segway and decided to work on a milestone that is not really a huge deal heh. But I now have every character I own at 5*+. And given that I am only missing some ML5s that is all characters in the game 5*+ at least for the now heh.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    That's a lot of dogs.

With the influx of molas we got from the events I took the opportunity to build a couple characters I always wanted to but never had the available resources. So now I've got Ken and Blingo running around for the occasional PvP fight. It's good times!

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    I had Blingo on my alt geared in some of my best dmg gear and it was fun to juust destroy whole groups with him heh.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Non whale/Non RTA ML Vivian review. She will make your life so much easier as long as aravi is everywhere. Best dark bait right now easy. She can even survive Hwayoung if you use team dmg mitigation. Rimaru will be a problem as will solitaria but she is never in static and rimaru can be controlled other ways. I don't think she is worth your pity but she doesnt need much of a buff to be OP and she will be my aravi bait for the foreseeable future and should make life much easier as it seems to be 50/50 if my very well geared Hwa can take down aravis these days.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Sharun looks weird, but could be a lot of fun in a stall team. Thankfully I got her in only 15 pulls so I can conserve bookmarks.

Speaking of conserving bookmarks, Summer Charlotte's kit was data mined and she looks like a fun rework of original Charlotte. Ice knight.

In more conserving bookmarks news, the next collab was mined as well.
    Full Metal Alchemist

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    I'm probably going to hold on ML Vivian. I'm near pity but very low on mystics since failing to pull Maid during the summer rotation. She seems good, but not required.

Balance notes: https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/view/8676612

Seems a bit light this month. Kind of just shuffling some things around to make some units flow better and converting a couple others to PvE. Senya and Flidica seem to be the best of the bunch. The Arti buffs are really good. I have some of Ervalin's, which I had Riolet.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    People complaining about Ervalen being nerfed forgetting that he was never in the meta to begin with. I'll gear him up again for PvE stuff.

Also Captain Rikoris getting a much needed buff, maybe I'll actually field him sometimes now. I always liked his design.

• Options
    I can understand some of the frustration. There were folks who mola'd and geared him for PvP, even if he wasn't meta. This is more of a re-work than buff for Ervalen, so they should offer a recall. Cap is a 3*, so I think there is less of a case there.

• Options
    Yeah, a recall for him is fine, but the way the subreddit is screaming you'd think he was a fan favorite character when everyone hated him.

I mean, I built him back when he came out because he was a fencer in a game lacking fencers. His kit was crystal clear in what it was meant for, but I'm not sure it was ever really great.

• Options
    The funny part is that he was supposed to be the HWA of the time, since the golden boys and fcc were all over the place. Then they took his kit, made it a warrior, increased S3 from 60% to 100% and 100% def pen, removed the need for CC/CD, added self cleanse and immunity, more barriers, and CR push on S1.

They could have buffed him with only a couple of those haha. Heck, moving to non-crit would have probably helped the most since he could remove CC/CD and focus on speed (to get counterattack up) and bulk to survive longer.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Yeah reddit is hillarious on this one just like ML Ken which was also a buff to where people used him. They have the stats on where people used him and they buffed it accordingly for probably 99% of what people used him for. Should be great and a big buff. Don't see a need for a recall as he should become a pve champ.

The other buffs look fun and some are pretty significant. Riks is a pretty big buff and so is ml lidica as that is exactly what people wanted for her. To dispel another buff. Will make her much more viable again. Senya getting 3 turns greater attack now and provoke is pretty big too.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Yeah, out of all of them FLidica and Senya look like they got the biggest boosts, just like Trajan said. Nothing there looks really bad, but I would tend to agree that there should be a recall for Ervalen so people can get the molas and stuff back. His use case is completely different after this, and that's fine, but let people bench him if they're not using him for that.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Eh I guess. It just seems like more "teknikally!" type whining when what they used him on will be better post buff. People used him for altars and hunts and towers from everything ive seen and I would say that their buff to him supports that was where people used him.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    Yep. There is an argument to be made that he's used in those places because he didn't do his original job well, though. Or at least that he's been way power crept out of it. He really was the original Tank Buster, which he could do, but not anymore really.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Sure but even when he was released people didnt use him outside of SSB busting. Will be interesting to see how he does in tower which is the only place I really used him to do absurd dmg when i got the right buffs for him. I guess in the end it just is another "outrage" like the booba one (nothing actually to be mad at). No one really cares, and probably wasnt even using him, just "somthing" happened so SG is the debil now.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    "Whale hello there."

https://youtu.be/0oeoA37BulE

Adorable.

• Options
    Full Metal Alchemist confirmed!

• Options
    Yep. I've never seen it so this will be another "who are these nerds" collab for me.

• Options
    I already saw Roy on Reddit meme shown as male Ara and that was well done lol.

It is a good show if you are ever in a lull of something to watch.

• Options
    NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Can't wait for the new unit(s).
    d8b9uxadevvq.png

• Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Can't wait for the new unit(s).
    d8b9uxadevvq.png

You monster!

I expect the units will be Edward, Roy, and maybe General Armstrong.

• Options
    Full metal alchemist collab looking stacked

Edward Elric
    https://youtu.be/VLpQoW_me3Y

Roy Mustang
    https://youtu.be/cn-w3g8Af1U

Riza Hawkeye (the free unit)
    https://youtu.be/iTOrLJSk_FA

Also, Commander Pavel has an awesome S3.
    https://youtu.be/1If3S198aCY

And magical girl Diene skin finally!

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Heh we got dude Ara! They all look fun. Bunch of husbandos, and rize, at once.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    It's surprising for a collab to have two male summons and a free female. I don't dislike it, and I know FMA is popular. I was just surprised to see it.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Riza looks pretty good too. I mean they all look good so hopefully i get one. Ill probably go after Roy at this point as with all that hit he looks pretty nuts. But Edward also looks top bruiser warrior form too.

Edit: Oh Pavel is fighting spirit off crits. Interesting. The guy not saying Pavel like russian proper is getting to me tho.
    https://youtu.be/G2s9Lf2_HTo

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    They all look fun. I'm going to wait and see on Cavel's damage before pitying. In the video he only did 18K to A. Ravi, which isn't nearly enough (most A. Ravi's have 24-26K HP with some above that). If he can be a ST Straze, I'll probably pity. Also might then have to build Pavel since Pavel/Cavel combo seems powerful.

Risa seems really good for a free unit. Given the 'foremost ally' stuff, I'd imagine she'll shine in GW.

• Options
    On the one hit it was 18k, but he gets a pretty big hit to all enemies before that as well. Plus you don't have to build him for all out speed to do damage which is nice, since he gets that 50% CR buff. He looks like a lot of fun.

Regarding the collab, both characters look cool. And again, I've never watched the show. But saying Roy Mustang is on his way to being the next Fuhrer was a real collar tug moment for me.

• Options
    Man lucky day. Got LDoms in GW mystic spending down on off chance at MLAra and my daily pops out a Sharun who I skipped so I have all RGBs again.

• Options
    Datamine for the collab is out. Sounds like Cavel is going to be more of a cleaver unit than A. Ravi killer. Ed's multi's are pretty crazy, seems he's going to be a really good unit.

• Options
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man lucky day. Got LDoms in GW mystic spending down on off chance at MLAra and my daily pops out a Sharun who I skipped so I have all RGBs again.

Man I got LDom on a lark and have been sitting on Sharun since her banner and I have no idea what to do with either of them.

• Options
    edited August 2022
    Shadowfire wrote: »
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Man I got LDom on a lark and have been sitting on Sharun since her banner and I have no idea what to do with either of them.

I went through my gear and got her fast-ish for me. 250s I was able to get her up to without sacrificing anyone elses gear that was my current high speed. I run her on doctors back as a turn 2 option and it is ok. She cleanses the sigma off of ran and unless he is big dmg she can tank the dmg. Clilias is a dice roll heh but she gets rid of the attack down which is really nice. I was able to get her 150%eff res so its a 50/50 heh. For piera I still rather use djbasar heh. Ive also used her against tank comps as a speed lead with eda and cdoms and such. I dont have Cidd geared ive seen others use with her. So been using people like straze and ml cermia etc.

Sharun i havent started on heh. I saw someone using her with ultimate stall comp though and it was pretty funny heh. Like turtle armin, etc i cant remember the exact comp but it was one of those "safe" 20 turn ones heh.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    EPICMYSTICGIFT

https://youtu.be/ILgUvaqQdTE

New preview video including Mua, Arunka, Zio, ML Elena and Roy, and what looks like SC Arrowel.

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    ML Ray looks badass, very excited to see his animation. Hopefully his kit is good.

Ed is pretty disappointing for rta. He is missing something in his kit and he doesn’t have a way to cheat stats. It would be nice if they would buff him but I doubt that will happen anytime before they bring back his banner.

• Options
    Arunka looks cool as hell, but no sword in the S3 is puzzling. I wonder what's coming in the story there.

• Options
    Decisions...

I got a dupe apoc ravi on the mass summons and that got me to 40 again. I used 40 on Sage Baal because he is really fun. Now Belain is sitting there and she looks really fun.... but I still want ML Ara for me as ive wanted her since release.... or you know could get another ml5 i miss like eventually perhaps ml pavel who looks amazing.... ugh.

• Options
    Honestly, hold out. Belian is really great and all, but you want SBAra and the desire is more important. Take it from someone who skipped regular Ara in the selective and regretted it for a year and a half before I finally got her.

• Options
    Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    I would say get sb ara so you can make a sb ara + Roy double snap team. Unstoppable.

• Options
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    I would say get sb ara so you can make a sb ara + Roy double snap team. Unstoppable.

I saw some people messing around with it and it looked really fun.

• Options
    Normally people complain about dead weeks but everyone seems pretty relieved at this one. I don't blame them, just surprised.

Also the collab brought in enough new people to make the guild pretty active again. I was worried for a bit there, was thinking about leaving and finding another guild even though I didn't want to. But we're back to middling, baby!

• Options
    ZaylenzZaylenz Registered User regular
    Another rough Guild Wars opponent. I'm starting to get really tired of running into Summertime Iseria in PVP. Whenever I use her against others she's not nearly as effective as she is against me. I wish I could see the gear my opponents are using for her, so I can get some idea how to build her to be more effective.

Also does anyone else run into the issue in PVP where enemies with Counter Attack, seems to counter 90% of the time, instead of the 30% it's supposed to be, while your own characters only seem to counter attack 10% of the time. Rather frustrating. I especially seem to run into that with Violet countering me.

Glad to see the guild getting more active again.