As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    It's far easier to craft them, the resource cost is pretty much meaningless. It's either doing a few missions in a hurry when you want to craft something, waiting for the reward to show up, or pre-emptively crafting things, akin to restores, over a period of time and never have to worry about needing anything or doing anything special again.

A teeny tiny bit of foresight prevents it from being something you need to think about ever again, let alone actually do a mission to deal with. I used to do it when I'd check my extractors back in the day, though I guess now you can just do it through the phone app. AND you can buy 100 with two clicks. Back in my day we had to walk uphill both ways to buy a single blueprint! I considered making a macro, it was that tedious, but still better than doing pointless missions.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I wish there were mass recipes for mutagen/fieldron/detonite

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I would have spent significant plat for that back then. I wonder if the game will run long enough to use all the ones I crafted years ago. Still not a big dent in the supply

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    kralizecc wrote: »
    It's hard to imagine that other people want to sell their rivens, let alone imagine myself doing it. I know the game is called warframe, but in my heart it's called "hoard everything with numbers"

I sell my rivens because I keep them until I run out of room but the game keeps giving them to me.

I stopped running Sorties because even though I have 120ish riven slots I'm out of room and as Bahamut said fuck finding buyers for rivens.

• Options
    I'm in almost the same boat, but there's two different forces at work in me. One is basically smaug, wants to collect the most of whatever, or at least keep what I have. The other is the part that wants new, better things. That second part just got a little bored with rivens once I got them for the stuff I especially like, and stopped me from keeping up the sortie train.

That slot is filled nowadays, mostly, by looking to see what kind of super crew mates are available. Gotta get the perfect set for each faction.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I keep thinking in my head red shards are 25% strength but then I double check and it's 10%.

This has happened like two or three times.

I just can't see myself using those options unless the warframe literally needs nothing lol.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Tauforged crimson shard, yis.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Minor world building thing: I imagine that just saying "Tau" is mostly a matter of convenience, in universe and out, but a small sad part of me thinks:

"... formally known as Tau Ceti, in the constellation of Cetus, the Whale."
    "What's a whale?"

One of the few tragedies the Orokin had nothing to do with, but only because they were already long gone. :(

(The name still lives on, though... in a village whose main industry is cutting up a leviathan for its meat. Can't tell me that's not deliberate.)

Commander Zoom on
  • Options
    Of course they mean gaming whales. How those ancient folk who first labled the stars would know of the few megarich who play ftp games, we may never know. Ancient aliens probably

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I got helminth infused Protea (+200% ability strength, +2 Energy rate) and then +300% Ability strength and +500hp for the Archon hunt, for a total of 700% ability strength (with Umbra mods and mid-rank Blind Rage).
    My protea also has Mirages Eclipse buff instead of her normal 4.

Lets just say that it wasn't a very difficult archon hunt with +2000 shields, +600% damage (it was something like that) and Proteas turret on top of that.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Unfortunately with the stupid way the attenuation is working that much damage bonus is probably not doing very much.

• Options
    Dac wrote: »
    Unfortunately with the stupid way the attenuation is working that much damage bonus is probably not doing very much.

Amar went down fairly rapidly. Proteas turret is really good against him.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    I wonder if the attenuation is counting the turret as a separate entity so you'd actually be doing double what the game thinks your cap should be.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Proteas turrets are quietly one of the most ridiculous damage sources in game. Gotta love anything with infinite enemy punchthrough, a good power strength multiplier, "doubles damage on every hit". And you can just shit them out.

• Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Please tell me that only Boreal has Aerolyst backup. He himself went down quickly enough, getting coordinated enough to actually take those things down was the hardest part of the fight.

• Options
    jothki wrote: »
    Please tell me that only Boreal has Aerolyst backup. He himself went down quickly enough, getting coordinated enough to actually take those things down was the hardest part of the fight.

Probably. Amar at least does not. He only creates a few dozen illusions of himself.

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Just a heads up about something the game doesn't really tell you.

Only the challenge objectives for Kahl's new mission give stock. There's no reward for just completing the mission on its own, even for the first time. Since 4/6 challenge objectives (this week at least) involve going on a scavenger hunt for different sets of macguffins, you should wait until you have a lot of free time. DE probably favors this type of challenge because it can be randomized, preventing players from just following an online walkthrough.

Also, for anyone who hasn't fought Amar yet, you can mark him just like any other enemy. The mark stays on him when he creates his decoys, rendering them useless.

• Options
    SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    completing kahls mission does upgrade his camp. talk to him after you finish his mission.

for the aerolysts, i had good results with stropha's heavy attack blasting the weak points and then killing them in 3-4 shots.

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
  • Options
    IronKnuckle's GhostIronKnuckle's Ghost Registered User regular
    It's remarkable how unfun Kahl's premier mission is.

• Options
    I had fun.

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Man, I was at the end of the kahl weekly with both of the scavenger hunts finished, and the damn raknoid vanished and bricked the mission. Feel bad

• Options
    Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    I got some weird bug where once I aimed the gun, I couldn’t stop aiming. Made me too slow to fight properly and cheated me out of “beat the mission without dying” challenge.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the mission would be fun if it was just the mission, or if the enemies didn't respawn, but it feels like work as it stands

• Options
    edited September 2022
    I've enjoyed it so far, I like the mission style. If it were going to be combat based I'd be super irritated at not using my own stuff, but a little stealth nonsense is fun as kahl. The bug I had, and that I had in the second run I did to complete it in under 15 minutes was that the spider ignored me when I jumped into the container car. The first time It stopped moving entirely, the second time it jumped around a few times while I blasted it, but never took action against me while I was inside the car.

Edit instead of double post:

Anybody know what the corpus cache locker is for in the boss room of kahls mission? When you walk next to it the screen blacks out for a moment but can't interact with it other than to climb it.

kralizecc on
  • Options
    Ok. This weeks mission was more fun, but on the other hand I got everything except the 5 kills in 3 seconds and Ostron cages done in my first try. So nope, not redoing it.

• Options
    Reminder that the window for getting your free Spartan Styanax is closing very soon. I gather it was extended one additional day, to the 22nd, because of issues with receiving/claiming the reward on login.

• Options
    PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    Ok. This weeks mission was more fun, but on the other hand I got everything except the 5 kills in 3 seconds and Ostron cages done in my first try. So nope, not redoing it.

I missed the genestamp one

apparently the pobbers that are in the entrance to the stomper room count as kills for the mission goal purpose

but yeah, this weeks is much better than last weeks

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    ... I can't remember if I got mine or not o_O I did log in... I guess I should log in again sometime today and make sure?

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    Well, it's only taken me... since Focus was introduced, but I'm getting close to finally having all waybounds unlocked. Lol.

Then I'm gonna be weird and go for Vazarin as my second tree filled out. For memes.

• Options
    Oh also the +effectiveness of health orbs doesn't scale Equilibrium, which is 1) pretty lame and 2) ensures I won't be using it even for niche channeling builds. Guess it's the same as Mending Shot/Energizing Shot, but tbh those should also scale it and it's lame AF that they don't.

• Options
    boooooooo

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Oh also the +effectiveness of health orbs doesn't scale Equilibrium, which is 1) pretty lame and 2) ensures I won't be using it even for niche channeling builds. Guess it's the same as Mending Shot/Energizing Shot, but tbh those should also scale it and it's lame AF that they don't.

The only use I've ever found for Equilibrium is on an augmented Desecrate Nekros. Where it works pretty nicely!

• Options
    Rerolled my Soma Prime riven and got +48% mag (great for its Hata-Satya mod)/+100% crit/+97% slash.

Kay I guess I'm sinking a few forma into this lol. I wish Hata-Satya didn't reset on holster, though. I'm so used to weaving melee into my play it's easy to reset on accident.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    In case anyone was as confused as region chat was today

"[DE]Zach replied to [DE]Megan's topic in Announcements & Events

Hello again! Wanted to provide additional information on reset cadence for Kahl’s ‘Break Narmer’ missions and Archon Hunts. Because we moved the next Kahl mission to Wednesday, September 28th - ‘Break Narmer’ missions will need to return to a normal cadence after the fact. After Kahl’s next mission on September 28th, we will be setting Kahl’s ‘Break Narmer’ missions - as well as Archon Hunts - to reset every Sunday at 00:00 GMT (Nightwave reset) starting on October 2nd.

For clarity, resets will occur as such:

The next ‘Break Narmer’ mission will run from September 28th to October 2nd.
    The next Archon Hunt will run from September 28th to October 2nd.
    October 2nd will then bring the following ‘Break Narmer’ and Archon Hunt missions, resetting on Sundays.
    Thanks all and we’ll see you on Wednesday!

kralizecc on
  • Options
    Holy shit I need to buy more Molt Augmented, I just sold 6x extra that I had from doing some lensless focus farming and I got 10p each rofl.

• Options
    Aaaand second blue shard get. Also Settlement rank with Kahl, so next week I'll be able to buy the weekly shard. And I'll be unlocking my final waybound today.

Hildryn is dumb with Voracious Metastasis. It takes the energy cost spent value after Hildryn multiplies it by 10x and before she converts that to shields spent, so I can give people like a 25 second buff of 30 energy per second. Pffft.

• Options
    I finally got enough corrupted holokeys to get an agendus and test out it with Navigator.

Unfortunately while you can navigate the projectile, it only does damage out to its standard range. However, unlike other projectiles that have a limited life, it won't die, and you can continue to pilot a 0 damage projectile if you like that for some reason.

Bummerz

• Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Got my first tau shard today. Not sure which frame to use it in yet. First choice would have been to replace a flow mod but I don't really use any frames that are energy heavy.

• Options
    I wonder when/if revenant is going to get some sort of nerf. He had amongst the most op power synergy in the game before the change, now it's just silly. He removes all challenge of the archon hunts with his punitive invulnerability and cc/buffing. It's almost a shame his powers go together so well or I'd helminth in a weapon buffing power in there. Maybe his ult? I don't really use it for the archon fights anyway.

He was the first (and only for years) frame I used an umbral forma on, it's nice having a specific high end use for him but it's just overpoweringly reductive.

• Options
    HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    Revenant's up next for Prime so probably not nerfing him before that.

This discussion has been closed.