As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Lost Ark] - Machinist & Kakul-Saydon raid out in September

• Options
    hushhush Registered User regular
    yeah this all looks good so far, although i expected to be able to buy the stuff with blue crystals, but that was just my bad for not looking into it prior to release.

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

So let's celebrate by all going out and buying the same burger. -transmet
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    Aug-Sept road map is out - https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/august-september-2022-roadmap
    August
    • Pet Ranch event
    • Additional rewards for Maharaka Festival
    September
    • QoL updates
    • Scouter Machinist release
    • Kakul-Saydon Legion Raid
    • Skins

http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    That is a big Sept release - I find it very hard to believe it will all happen with how chaotic their previous big releases have been

This is the future. This is what we built. This is what we wanted. It must have been. Because we all had the fucking choice, didn't we? It is only our money that allows commercial culture to flower. If we didn't want to live like this, we could have changed it at any time, by not fucking paying for it.

• Options
    Seeing how sparse August is, I'm guessing for early Sept release for Pt1 and late Sept release for Pt2

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    OrphaneOrphane rivers of red that run to seaRegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    moving into the back half of september which is looking like a lock in for Clown coming on the very last week unless they surprise us with an announcement today

just been slowly working on my characters with the lull in content; got my Striker to 1490 5x3 (which cost an absurd amount) and my Glaivier at 1475 5x3 (for 1/5th the price of my Striker, lol lmao @ spec classes that use generally desirable engravings) so that's two characters that can do Clown week 1

probably not planning on doing more than that and just raising some of my 1415s to 1445 or whatever for relics

inflation has been insane recently, blue crystal prices (and pheons indirectly) are atrocious right now

EDIT:
    https://www.playlostark.com/en-gb/news/articles/lost-ark-academy-machinist
    yea Machinist confirmed for the 28th

Orphane on
  • Options
    Looking forward to machinist and clown, but the inflation nightmare we are currently in has basically guaranteed that I will not be gearing up that character particularly quickly, which is very unfortunate.

• Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    I've actually appreciated the time between raids this time around, it let me build my roster out pretty well. Closing in on 1500 for the main, just about at a 1475 alt, two 1460s and two more at 1460 next week. Even with the kind of baseline income from that, accessories as I transition my alts to 5x3 are an absolute bitch.

As someone who was always very, very main-centric in my MMOs, I'm pleased and surprised at how fun developing my alts has been, especially once you start putting together the relic sets and seeing the endgame content on them.

Now I just wish they'd confirm where we should expect to be at with respect to the upcoming balance changes and the tripod system revamp, then don't drag their feet quite so long on Brel.

• Options
    Yeah I've been pushing my alts from 1370 to 1415 and it has been an absolute chore. Trying to get them geared without free pheons is pretty annoying as well. At least I managed to get 20/20 Grudge engraving

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    KasynKasyn I'm not saying I don't like our chances. She called me the master.Registered User regular
    Yeah I've been pushing my alts from 1370 to 1415 and it has been an absolute chore. Trying to get them geared without free pheons is pretty annoying as well. At least I managed to get 20/20 Grudge engraving

Pushing to 1430 after is extremely value. Huge weekly gold reward and it costs just as much as 1400->1415. Big recommendation to keep going.

• Options
    Yeah that is the plan. There is a glut of t3 books that work up to +15 so it does ease the pain somewhat. I do like the power spike transitioning from 3x3 to 4x3 with grudge + class engraving but boy is mixing and matching then buying accessories frustrating. Who the hell thought that sending accessories to your alts should cost pheons was a good idea????
    1445 is also a nice milestone that unlocks another powerspike with set gear, I'm looking forward to that too.

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    getting grudge now is good since prices have dropped as people finish it out and move to other things like class engravings

super glad i picked up Deathblow legendary when it was going for around 2.2-2.5k per book pre-Valtan, and Control when it was around 1.7k per book since it's the off-meta engraving for Glaivier. having those and +12 grudge simplified my accessory planning by a lot since you can just pick up a legendary ring and take the small hit to stats to get by on filling them out for cheap.

nowadays class engraving prices are absolutely bonkers. meta or streamer boosted demand having some class gold books go for 10-15k+ gold per is absolutely wild and makes me not actively think about raising any other characters past the 1475 threshold for now until i run out of other things to spend gold on

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Will the machinist be available out of the gate or will it be hidden behind some unlock? I haven't jump in for ages, but before I uninstall, I'd love to build one and play around with it.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    unless it is secretly different than the other classes that have been released, it should be available right away - it is a male gunner if you want to make a char a little early and get some rest bonus while it sits in trixion

• Options
    https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/rage-with-the-machinist-release-notes

patch notes out
    • free punika pass
    • express, up to 1415
    • another fever time
    • growth support effect for new player extended to 1415
    • ilvl lock on thronespire
    • extended character slots (which you have to unlock)
    • removed afk kick
    • more items in event guardian shop
    • new skins

• Options
    This is a really good patch in terms of player power and qol - way more than i was expecting

• Options
    hush wrote: »
    This is a really good patch in terms of player power and qol - way more than i was expecting

sadly no balance patch and no tripod update

i'm hoping they bring that out two weeks into October

• Options
    im ok waiting on tripods because i haven't bothered buying all my good +4s across my characters yet haha - TAKE ALL THE TIME YOU NEED THAT SHIT IS SPENDY (even if you can resell)

• Options
    I finally got my 5 alts to 1430 and geared to 4x3 engravings. The final alt was a gunslinger which had similar engravings as the scouter, so I ended up spending upwards of 30k gold for the accessories + pheons
    Its all worth it though, the added stats made the class mechanics so much smoother and i'd probably not have to worry about this again for at least a couple of months when i finally make the leap to buy legendary engravings

urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    zu0lk4sixq34.png

now i have to clear it on my glaivier...

also, the end of year roadmap: https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/end-of-2022-roadmap
    OCTOBER
    - Mystic Abyss Raid (1302+)
    - Vykas Hell Mode (1460+)
    - Achates Trial Guardian
    - Arkpass Season 2, Halloween Edition of Neria's Wardrobe, etc.
    - Competitive PvP Season 2 starting at the end of the month

NOVEMBER
    - Reaper class
    - Tripod Transfer System
    - Balance Update incl. Hallucination set QoL buff
    - Stronghold updates

DECEMBER
    - Summoner class
    - Brelshaza Legion Raid
    - Caliligos Guardian Raid
    - New Chaos Dungeons (South Vern)
    - Hard T3 Cube/Boss Rush (1490+)
    - Bracelet new item

nice that they sort of stepped up class releases to finish off the year, but sad to hear the tripod and balance update won't be until November

Orphane on
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    I can't for the life of me commit to something and get to 50.
    • Bard sounds good, if I do endgame I like doing support, but oh, a lot of outfits are bad and sometimes I feel really slow because of the lower damage.
    • Well, Sorceress just obliterates everything and is fun to play, but still has that outfit issue and I kinda want to see whatever little dialogue things the half-demons have. Also, by far the most common class, which shouldn't matter but does.
    • Deathblade is cool, but kinda in an obvious edgelord way, also really popular, and apparently requires more precision than I trust myself to deliver to perform well in endgame.
    • Shadowhunter is cool, but just leveling and doing solo dungeons feels kinda bad without good AoE, though I guess it's really backloaded and then it's a permademon or something?
    • But Bard was mostly fun to play and I do like the idea of support...

Add in random detours to every female martial artist and female gunslinger.

If only they had female paladin, it'd be trivial. A cool-looking support that flings out sword attacks and big magic bs.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Support is fine for a main - either of them, and there are Bard outfits that include pants (I wanted this as well) - I'd recommend Shadowhunter as a primary dps alt (Demonic Impulse) - lower barrier to entry with slightly easier gemming and gearing. The flow of a properly set up transform class feels very nice. All the MA classes will take a while to feel real good about, but basically they are all really strong and fun.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    due to the way the game was developed everything up until t3 is honestly a dreadfully long tutorial at this point and classes that feel very clunky or awkward will feel much better once you get to the actual game
    Kamar wrote: »
    I can't for the life of me commit to something and get to 50.
    • Bard sounds good, if I do endgame I like doing support, but oh, a lot of outfits are bad and sometimes I feel really slow because of the lower damage.
    • Well, Sorceress just obliterates everything and is fun to play, but still has that outfit issue and I kinda want to see whatever little dialogue things the half-demons have. Also, by far the most common class, which shouldn't matter but does.
    • Deathblade is cool, but kinda in an obvious edgelord way, also really popular, and apparently requires more precision than I trust myself to deliver to perform well in endgame.
    • Shadowhunter is cool, but just leveling and doing solo dungeons feels kinda bad without good AoE, though I guess it's really backloaded and then it's a permademon or something?
    • But Bard was mostly fun to play and I do like the idea of support...

Add in random detours to every female martial artist and female gunslinger.

If only they had female paladin, it'd be trivial. A cool-looking support that flings out sword attacks and big magic bs.

Bard will be a little slow leveling but they're not alone in feeling slow during the progression to t3, you just kind of have to endure it and prioritize skills that help you clear mobs and dungeons faster
    Sorcs were unfortunately the only choice at the start of the game if people wanted to play mage dps, they only added Arcana a few months ago and haven't added Summoner yet despite those being released in the original KR version earlier than Sorc. also the most common class thing is also very inflated due to the botting issue and Sorc being one of the convenient classes to bot with, so i wouldn't take that to heart
    each class does have two engravings which are basically subclasses with distinct playstyles - Deathblade has one which requires some precision (Surge) but also one that doesn't do the whole putting all your eggs in a basket and is much less punished for missing a single skill (Remaining Energy)
    once Shadowhunter gets to t3 the amount of specialization you get expedites how fast you can transform by a lot so it's worth toughing it out if you like the whole demon transformation thing

Also sadly last week due to progging and time constraints caused by random maintenances my glaivier group didn't get a full clear of Clown, but we got it this week since all of our clown raids overall were massively shaved down on time. it took us maybe 9-10 hours last week for full clears due to g3 being a PITA and we cleared in maybe half the time this time around, and we should only get faster from here on out!

Orphane on
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    I buckled down and pushed my Deathblade ahead to 50. I think I might enjoy playing it the most when I'm just thinking about clearing dungeons in the story and questing, but I'm not sure I'd enjoy it at all in endgame content.

Which is why after pushing to the beginning of Vern, the altitis caught me again...

unknown.png?width=1440&height=647

Honestly, I haven't written off buckling down and playing Paladin since the gameplay appeals the most, even though I almost never play male characters in games where I have a choice. Almost all of his non-starter gear looks super stupid, though.

Kamar on
  • Options
    everything on your roster is a good choice to play and fun in their own way, you can do no wrong there - there might be some differences in gearing up later on (cost-wise), but if you aren't sweating that, I don't think you can go wrong. The real rub with this game is that I feel like I don't have even a reasonable understanding of the flow of a char until im 1340-1370, and then it feels way better again at 1415, and then once you can craft a relic set at 1445, you're gonna feel like a golden god in most cases (landing entropy surge combo crits, or nightmare infused doomsday igniter combos, etc). Those set bonuses can be a ton of fun if you are a fan of big number become BIGGER number.

• Options
    i have heard some complaints that paladin at endgame requires very little in the way of effort, to the point that it becomes sleep inducing, but if you enjoy playing support to begin with it might not be that big of a deal

I would really recommend you finish North Vern's questline on one character first before leveling too many characters manually because once you do that, the game gives you two North Vern powerpasses that you use from the character select screen that will instantly boost a character to the end of the North Vern questline so you can start working on progressing through T1. Getting to instantly catch up two characters up to speed is a huge time saver and very helpful for progression in general.

• Options
    big update dropping tomorrow including Reaper class, balance updates, qol/ui updates, and also the tripod change which is pretty huge. (patch notes here: https://www.playlostark.com/en-us/news/articles/feast-with-friends-release-notes)

hope y'all saved all your tripods in the tripod inventory because you'll lose any you had on equipped gear that you didn't save to the inventory

personally managed to pick up almost all lv 4 tripods barring a few utility ones that aren't essential for my main 6 chars so assuming everything goes smoothly tomorrow should be a nice bump overall in dmg for all my characters

• Options
    i'm very much looking forward to the tripods disappearing complaints tomorrow even after they spent the last two weeks with a message scrolling nonstop telling you what to do, sending you in game mail, and announcing it in their patch notes

• Options
    edited November 2022
    i had a bunch of lvl 4 abilities on overlapping gear and i didn't buy the inventory to store them
    oh well, much silver down the drain i guess
    I don't think I'm ever going to find a newbie clown group, been trying for weeks when i'm done with the homework raids but it never materializes. I'm just going to have to try again after i'm over leveled when brez hits

UrQuanLord88 on
    urquanlord88.png
  • Options
    Leveling as an ADHD distraction so I can sit through entire episodes of TV shows and podcasts without getting distracted, I've got Bard, Paladin, Deathblade, Shadowhunter, and Glaivier to Shushire now and still haven't spent my free boosts.

None of them is bad, but none is far enough ahead to really lock me in. Bard and Paladin feel just a smidge too weak while doing dungeons or questing but are otherwise fun (though warrior armor looks worse and worse the further into the game I get), Deathblade is fun and looks cool but I'm a bit worried about playing a popular damage class reliant on positioning and/or burst windows, Shadowhunter doesn't quite feel right to me on either spec, and Glaivier doesn't have a single good outfit even if I'm willing to pay for cosmetics.

I also know 50 is nothing and most of them are going to feel way different as they progress further, i.e. Demonic Impulse Shadowhunters that can transform off a single human form rotation.

Gonna level Reaper now, I guess, since I really like the aesthetic and how she feels in the test room. And probably Sorceress too since I do like what I've played of her, even if I have like a mental block now after seeing six trillion identical bots covering every pixel between any two quest NPCs. And occasionally inch forward on the Bard, Paladin, and Deathblade.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    There's something kind of funny about the fact that every time-wasting tutorial event is intact when leveling alts, but the only content that's even slightly unique between classes, the awakening quests, gets forcibly skipped on all alts with no (apparent?) option to actually view the stuff you're missing.

Kamar on
  • Options
    There's something kind of funny about the fact that every time-wasting tutorial event is intact when leveling alts, but the only content that's even slightly unique between classes, the awakening quests, gets forcibly skipped on all alts with no (apparent?) option to actually view the stuff you're missing.

From what I remember of the Awakening Quests (at least the 1st awakening one?) it's a bit different based on class but involves a lot of tedious running/sailing back and forth as your character rediscovers their roots (no idea how that works for Assassin and/or Mage classes considering their homelands are completely walled off until you clear North Vern and get to the midpoint for tier 1). The 2nd awakening quest (which only unlocks an alternate awakening afaik) is probably worth doing once to see background story that doesn't get mentioned again for like 1 and a half tiers of story, and I think the devs realized that so you can also skip it on alts once you complete it once? It's been a long time, so my memory on this might be fuzzy.

• Options
    Orphane wrote: »

From what I remember of the Awakening Quests (at least the 1st awakening one?) it's a bit different based on class but involves a lot of tedious running/sailing back and forth as your character rediscovers their roots (no idea how that works for Assassin and/or Mage classes considering their homelands are completely walled off until you clear North Vern and get to the midpoint for tier 1). The 2nd awakening quest (which only unlocks an alternate awakening afaik) is probably worth doing once to see background story that doesn't get mentioned again for like 1 and a half tiers of story, and I think the devs realized that so you can also skip it on alts once you complete it once? It's been a long time, so my memory on this might be fuzzy.

Mages go learn how to combine the more developed magic of Vern with their old-fashioned magic, which was kind of interesting as a concept.

• Options
    Been struggling coming up with what I want my 6th big alt to end up being (bard main/scrapper/scouter/deathblade/sorc) - toying with destroyer/sharpshooter/wardancer, but open to ideas if someone is in love with something that I haven't listed. Definitely like the shock scrapper/evo scouter/re db the most but sort of afraid of ending up in the entropy salt mines exclusively (basically I really like hallucination haha).

If anything the sorc will get shelved later on and I'll throw an artist or pally in as a 6th, since the support drought is big real and I hate waiting for parties to form.

• Options
    entropy life is really not as bad as it sounds once you get used to it and can read boss attacks, but your mileage may vary if you're used to non-positional privilege

it is the highest damage set in the game for a reason

• Options
    edited November 2022
    its fine, i dont mind the playstyle (unless its just argos bussing or whatever), i just would like to use a variety of sets and see how they feel

hush on

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Man the servers are just never up huh.

I'm about done leveling Sorceress and Reaper to 50, which will put me at 7 characters just sorta chilling in Vern or Sushire at 50 in 250s, maybe with a few cheap 302 market board things if I thought about it. Also I guess I could boost two more to that point with Powerpasses.

I feel no closer to committing to anything, except maybe to say Not Glaivier because she doesn't have any good outfits and wuxia martial artist is sort of dull conceptually to me.

To be honest if Bard had a different concept, hit a little harder solo, or just felt a little snappier and less tied to ground poop aoes, that'd be an easy pick.

I have a bunch of giveaway materials stacked up in my bank at this point, I have no clue how to use any of them or what I'd want to pick for any that has a choice to make, about the only thing I know is that you're supposed to be committed to particular stats instead of taking whatever and that tripods are the biggest power gain for characters, but I don't know anything about the gearing system. Maybe if I look into that I'll get a sense of what I want to do?

Realistically I commit to nothing and level my gunslinger next (maybe after a break to be equally noncommittal in a different ARPG or a Soulslike), since it's the only character background I haven't leveled yet. No chance I play her seriously unless they implement holster animations, though, yes I am that petty.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Man the servers are just never up huh.

I'm about done leveling Sorceress and Reaper to 50, which will put me at 7 characters just sorta chilling in Vern or Sushire at 50 in 250s, maybe with a few cheap 302 market board things if I thought about it. Also I guess I could boost two more to that point Powerpasses.

I feel no closer to committing to anything, except maybe to say Not Glaivier because she doesn't have any good outfits and wuxia martial artist is sort of dull conceptually to me.

To be honest if Bard had a different concept, hit a little harder solo, or just felt a little snappier and less tied to ground poop aoes, that'd be an easy pick.

I have a bunch of giveaway materials stacked up in my bank at this point, I have no clue how to use any of them or what I'd want to pick for any that has a choice to make, about the only thing I know is that you're supposed to be committed to particular stats instead of taking whatever and that tripods are the biggest power gain for characters, but I don't know anything about the gearing system. Maybe if I look into that I'll get a sense of what I want to do?

Realistically I commit to nothing and level my gunslinger next (maybe after a break to be equally noncommittal in a different ARPG or a Soulslike), since it's the only character background I haven't leveled yet. No chance I play her seriously unless they implement holster animations, though, yes I am that petty.

You don't unlock access to tripod leveling until Tier 3 so there's no need to worry about it until then, just have the correct tripods for a slight damage bonus or modifiying how a given skill works.. Because of the way Tier 3 is where the actual gearing game starts, for Tier 1 I would just focus on getting a class engraving activated by equipping it in both engraving slots just to get a feel for them with mostly or halfway correct statting from accessories being good enough (aka pick 2 stats out of spec, crit, swift depending on what your particular class engraving wants) and don't worry about optimizing it too much, since you'll replace that gearing when you get to Tier 2 and then again when you get to Tier 3. You might be sensing a theme here, but it is honest to god the truth that the game really only starts at Tier 3 nowadays.

Afaik the changes they made should make it easy to push almost any character you want through Tier 1 and 2 because you have 100% honing success rate so it's just a matter of gathering the mats to push. You might be able to raise characters relatively evenly instead of focusing on one and then having a few characters be 1 chaos dungeon level's worth of ilvls behind to gather mats to funnel to your main. There are stronghold researches you can unlock that will matter in Tier 3 for raising success rates that you should focus on one character for in order to make it easier to raise the rest of your roster once you get to that point, though.

• Options
    I wonder when Shadowhunter stops feeling super weak. Like, even the supports I leveled feel stronger. I like the concept and aesthetic and like, how the moves work, but it's the only class where I ever actually die in Hard leveling dungeons.

• Options
    you will reach a point where you are not a demon for like 2-3 hits and then you xform back into it - its very nice when you get there, but you def need to be higher level to get the spec you need

• Options
    it is also typically the case that the skills you use when leveling are quite a bit different from what you use at 50 or endgame just because like hush said the stats aren't there to support endgame builds. You can experiment around or you can check a site like Maxroll.gg that has decent leveling guides that change as you level.