As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Freak-A-Leak

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Freak-A-Leak!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Freak-A-Leak

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    Johnny17Johnny17 Registered User regular
    Amateurs shouldn't stroke animals. That is for Youtubers with good insurance.

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    Eh, probably just a PR stunt. Has the same energy as when a celeb sex tape gets "leaked" right as they need a career boost. Maybe there will be a leak about Star Citizen soon, they are surely in need of more hype to fuel funding.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Why does Rockstar need a PR boost? GTA Online is still making more money than God, and as the comic says, a leak only opens the gate to the fuckwit paddock as they demand to know why the graphics aren't tightened up on level 3

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Why does Rockstar need a PR boost? GTA Online is still making more money than God, and as the comic says, a leak only opens the gate to the fuckwit paddock as they demand to know why the graphics aren't tightened up on level 3

If anything, knowing there is a GTA6 would make me less into GTA online.

• Options
    palidine40palidine40 Registered User regular
    My sentiments to the leak. I can't even passionately pump my fist in my imagination, its just breathing, you know?

• Options
    edited September 2022

Note that I didn't say it was "a well executed PR stunt that is totally going to work out as planned."

But I never put it past a C-suite suit with a golden parachute contract to make really dumb decisions, PR or otherwise.

Overkillengine on
  • Options
    QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular

TBF I had no idea anything was currently in the works. As theoretical advertising it worked to get us to talk no about it.

Realistically though I'm not gonna care either way until reviews are out.

• Options
    Yeah I didn't know it was in development before the "leak" either. Which makes me question how the alleged hacker knew where, when, and what to look for.

• Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    I have an idea for an unsatisfying gta, where everyone locks their doors while driving so they don’t get carjacked