As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The newest action figures (and other toys) thread (NSF56k)

• HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    I am confident that Hasbro will find entirely new issues to plague it!

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Thanks for all the suggestions on the oil, but.. oof, hard to get stuff out of those cracks when I can't even disassemble it, and am afraid to. Turns out most of the squeaking parts were due to the heavy weight components involved, go figure! Not upset I did what I did, just... gotta be careful.

So yeah. For Firmament, I decided to screw the manual and just follow a video, because I was tired of trying to decipher things. It helped that not much needed to be transformed with him to make him get into arm mode, and doing the other arm first helped reinforce bits I needed to do.

cOl6c4Nh.jpg

2Z54CnZh.jpg

Of course... I couldn't help myself. It was time to assemble what I had. And just watch as various parts struggle against the weight.

7RoyoIeh.jpg

Already this guy is coming up on Unicron's weight, if not more. The die cast metal, the sheer amount of plastic... just... damn. But that's okay. It's holding together surprisingly well, save for the wings pulling apart the rear cannons where I'm pretty sure they mount (I suspect a reinforcing piece may be introduced later).

Now that I had all the parts I owned (5 of the 8 bots) in combined mode, I decided.. eh, let's see how this is stacking up.

GfdXQoah.jpg

Damn. Just... damn.

Though as I looked at it, I thought... hmm. This might even still be too short. They kept saying it was 27" tall... I wonder if I didn't account for the knees.

oowNtMLh.jpg

So currently 24" to the tips of the cannons. This is one insanely big boi.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    I got a bunch of doll stuff in the past couple of days! First and foremost, today my Smart Doll cybernetic enhancements arrived. Specifically, I got a version of the cyborg bust meant as a stand for your extra doll head(s), and I got the cybernetic headcap. Basically what's pictured here minus the ears:

Now the only real difference between the bust stand and the bust for the dolls is that the armholes are cut a little wider for the "wearable" version, so I removed the bust from the stand and got out my exacto knife. Here's Lucy wearing it, but since she's a cyborg now I no longer think of her as a Shepard:

hu3wm27imphi.jpg

The slim pants she's wearing I got a while ago from Smart Doll, same for the rain jacket. I think I'm going to dye these pants black, though. Originally I was thinking "I should buy a second pair to dye." Then I thought, why buy a second pair, just dye these. I'm not super fond of the beige color anyway.

I don't have her in the cyborg headcap, I'll save that for when I have some magnetic piece I want a Smart Doll to wear, then insert the magnets in that headcap (which is why he designed it with those little divots on the top - a great idea!)

Here's a closeup of how the arm connects to the cyborg torso. Looks a little odd, but not necessarily in a bad way; makes it look more cybernetic, I think:

7lvyaxf0mivz.jpg

Like if it were just designed to be smooth between the arms and the bust, it would just look like she's wearing a black bra, not like she has a robot chest.

It is possible to swap out one of my other extra busts on the bust stand if I want, so I can still use it.

I also got some stuff from Volks. Mostly new eyes to try on June and Mina, but also a lovely belt to add to Fianna's herbalist outfit:

qfaxvtsn0cbp.jpg

This set actually came with even more pouches than are shown here, but I wanted to keep her book-like bag, and that plus the pouches was too much stuff. She's also holding what looks like a weathered scroll or map - that also came from the belt set.

One thing I've learned about the difference between Smart Doll clothes and Dollfie clothes, that made me realize why I was instantly drawn to Smart Doll in a way that I wasn't to Dollfie is that Smart Doll clothes are almost always "real" fabrics and materials that a human would wear. Smart Doll bags are real leather and canvass, the blue jeans are real denim, the t-shirts are cotton blends that feel like what a human would wear. In contrast, Dollfie prefers "doll" fabrics and textures. The fabric is plastic-y and thin, the "leather" is always vinyl, and cheap vinyl at that. In one sense this is very understandable - synthetic fabrics are way less likely to bleed color onto the doll. They can also be lighter and so drape much more beautifully at scale than "real" fabrics. But I still just love the feel of Smart doll clothes, like when you're putting blue jeans on a doll, they feel like blue jeans.

Among the new eyes I've gotten, I decided to give June some lovely green-blue eyes that stand out a lot more than her old ones:

wxxhiwlhf9ey.jpg

Mina will get a pair of the Dollfie eyes, too, but I need to make her face first. Her head isn't attached to her body at the moment, but I did try her out in some red eyes from Dollfie. I wasn't quite convinced by those, so I'll try her in others later.

"If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    So, it's been a long time since I posted toy pictures. It's been a long, weird summer with vacations and emergency hospital stays and a bunch of ups and downs along the way so sitting down to take pictures didn't really happen. So, you're getting a summer in one post, and I'll spoiler it for size.

Enjoy the fruits of my labor and lack of self discipline!
    First, I got a great Mego style Toxic Avenger.
    7rtn686liprf.jpg

Next, thanks mostly to GameStop's half off clearance sales and my having a bunch within a reasonable drive, I got a few new AEW wrestling toys.
    zycchv7w6own.jpg

Similarly, here's a clearance classic Jake the Snake figure I couldn't resist. Unfortunately, he lacks a classic opponent so I'll probably have to grab a matching Macho Man at some point.
    o5pkerj5w3a5.jpg

Finally in the same world, some older wrestling figures. Muscle Men from the 80s. I don't plan on collecting them all, but if I see some cheap enough I'll probably grab a few more.
    7eyoe4mek6nb.jpg

Next, I picked up a King Shark figure done in a MOTU style. He's my favorite in the Harley Quinn HBO show so I couldn't resist. The line has a bad reputation for fragility so I won't buy others.
    q0pohj6xxy35.jpg

Next are my multiple MOTU pickups.
    First, the vehicle Land Shark. It bites as it rolls forward.
    kgp99zh4o80y.jpg

Next is the Wind Raider vehicle. I wasn't going to buy this one but when it hit ten bucks on clearance, it magically came home with me.
    y85mz390qdej.jpg

Whiplash is an original figure I never owned. He's got a goofy face, but the tail is just awesome.
    play9cygt67u.jpg

Grizzlor is a member of the Horde. He was online only, presumably due to his awesome flowing locks. He might be my favorite of the summer MOTU figures.
    msbakmpulnob.jpg

Wundar is their online exclusive take on Wonder Bread He-man. In the original line, this darker, barbarian version of He-man was part of a mail in offer that for some reason people tie to Wonder Bread. Most advertising indicates the original wasn't actually Wonder Bread related and we don't really know why people equate them, but I love that Mattel gave him a wink to it in the name.
    6to3cmqu1cpy.jpg

Kol-Darr is an online only figure that wasn't a part of the original line, he was a friend of He-man in the original TV show.
    mzhswol8uv8k.jpg

King Randor is a figure that was super rare in the original line as it came out towards the end. He's a cool figure I never owned before and looks like the Burger King.
    f81axdgzk8va.jpg

Mantenna is one of the figures I had as a kid. He's way better than the original. He actually has four legs where the original sort of faked it by having two legs sculpted to look like four. Also a button on his head makes his eyes pop up.
    1x0w5pegub7b.jpg
    ze7py97chvv6.jpg

This is the Teela and Zoar two pack. The bird's wings flap and Teela is a slightly improved sculpt over the first version they did. I debated this one since I'm not a completionist and already had a Teela version but in the end I liked the updated version and couldn't resist a flappy rubber bird.
    l6so49g6es79.jpg

Next is Leech. He's a deluxe figure so you can choose between sucker head and hands like the original, or a more normal design. He does actually suck onto glass very well but I think I'll display the non sucker head.
    dq990cm38qxg.jpg
    wjrz9w5ppl4t.jpg

This is Snout Spout. He is also a deluxe figure so he has two heads. One is the classic version that squirts water, the other is more modern with a more dramatic face design.
    xy25e3466usj.jpg
    s64rve6pra7w.jpg

This is Clawful. He's got a big spring loaded claw and goes well with melted butter. I never had the original, but I really like this figure.
    g2wc434im3ix.jpg

Finally is the Horde Trooper. When you press the button on his chest, it explodes open.
    3xhj6yyw7j5v.jpg

Whew! I think I just have one vehicle left to find until winter (Roton) so I'm basically caught up to the figures I'm buying. I skip repaints and deluxe versions of characters I already own (like Battle Armor He-man).

Next year the line is supposedly focusing on the Snake Men so that's super exciting. They've also announced my favorite character from my childhood, Mekaneck, so that's exciting.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    OMFG, Zoar brings me back! Like ancient memories of that flappy rubber bird! :)

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    My brother has that bird for some odd reason. We spent many days flapping that silly thing around the room. That brings back so many memories.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Today I found out that somebody thought it was a good idea to revive Sectaurs.

I can honestly say this surprises me in multiple ways, not least of which is that two separate companies have taken a crack at it.

• MelonTronMelonTron Registered User regular
    I didn't watch a lot of MOTU as a kid but somehow I had a Leech figure and seeing that suction cup face again is amazing! I never knew his name or what he was from so he ended up fighting Ninja Turtles most of the time.

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    I'm not big on He-Man or the toys, but I keep eyeing Mosquitor(?) because I did play with it as a kid. There's blood in his chest!!

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
    Whelp. It's been a couple weeks now... and I have to say, I'm happy with my choices. I decided to pick up this Predaking as kind of a new promotion / 40th birthday thing.. where I would just buy something and not feel guilty because I knew I deserved it.

It's turned out better than my wildest imagination. In fact, having now shifted things around a couple times, I've figured out it really isn't nearly as complex as I initially thought! At least, it is not in the same league as my MPG Raiden.

But hey. Now the waiting game truly begins. As does figuring out where to put these guys. ... I'm sure they will make quite an impression while I wait.

T3ZtVGnh.jpg

And they certainly look good next to some of my other Masterpiece Decepticons.

ODBRTn9h.jpg

• DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    @Athenor You probably already have this under control, but I wanted to ping you just in case: I see that ShowZ has the Cang Toys gorilla+wolf set for pre-order for $175, as compared to the $220 and $240 prices I've seen at U.S. retailers:
    https://showzstore.com/cang-toys-ct-chiyou-05-thorgorilla_p3392.html

They also have it listed as arriving at the end of October, but tbh those estimates should be taken with entire salt mines of salt.

Nice! I will need to look into shipping places. I'm going through Chosen Prime because of how well they've treated me, but ShowZ did pretty well too.

Fake edit: Oooh, free shipping.

• E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    Snagged one of the Funko NYCC halloween boxes even with the website glitches. Lots of people angry about the glitches and it selling out. I picked up the one with the mascot dressed as Nosferatu.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Hasbro's PulseCon is going on right now and they officially revealed the first wave of Legacy Evolution Core, Deluxe and Voyager toys along with a big poster.

Poster is loaded with stuff. Most obvious is the giant Tarn head, but there's other stuff like the insecticons, the dinobots, Crosscut, Armada Hot Shot, Breakdown, Needlenose with target masters, Leo Prime

And at the very top is Armada Optimus Prime, who has not been listed yet, and I'm guessing is this years Commander Class. Also there's the Nemesis again, shooting at some Quintessons. New Titan maybe?

But the biggest thing are the new Junkions, who apparently turn into Mad Max style vehicles, which is making my wallet weep.

Reveals from the show

-Core Slug and Core Sludge: They look alright, though Sludge has some extra kibble on him because the five core dinobots, along with a new sixth one (Likely Skar from the comics) can combine into Volcanicus! And apparently Grimlock is not the chest this time around!
    -Core Soundblaster: It's a redeco of Core Soundwave, but this time in Soundblaster's anime colors (blue instead of red for his transparent plastic)
    -Deluxe Breakdown: Last Stunticon, retool of Wildrider (making his altmode inaccurate; I don't mind but lots of people are making hay out of it), despite being an Evolution figure, packaging will match the ones for the earlier stunticons, which is nice.
    -Deluxe Scrapheap: Oh boy; so the new modulators are Junkions; they'll transform like traditional transformers, but you can also pull them apart and build ridiculous new robots and vehicles. This is exactly what the weaponizer concept needed and Junkions are exactly the ones to pick to do this. I really want a Transformers Collaborative Mad Max Interceptor now, though. There's like 4 deluxes and a voyager Junkions listed, so expect lots of these guys.
    -Deluxe Armada Hot Shot: Wow, this looks incredibly faithful to the Armada design; he even has his axel bazooka, without sacrificing arm articulation!
    -Deluxe Needlenose: Finally after losing the fan vote all of those years ago. He comes with both his targetmasters, but due to budget, they have no articulation and are basically like they were in G1.
    -Voyager Leo Prime: Looks real good, has his Lion Hurricane ability an what not. Goes with a realistic altmode like the rest of the BW figures, rather than the anime lion design of the cartoon, but still looks great.
    -Voyager Tarn: Yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! It's Tarn. They nailed Tarn; both of his modes. I don't know if the mask is removable, but that's the only thing about him that I would change. I can't believe how good he looks, though after Jhiaxus it's not that unbeleivable.
    -Shatter Glass Soundwave: Based on the Netflix Soundwave mold, which makes the earlier reissue of the less popular Siege version this year a little weird if they had access to the mold, but hopefully he and Volkswagon Bumblebee get reissues soon, as I know people have had trouble getting him and I'm having my own troubles getting Cosmos right now.
    -Re-reveal of the Pulsecon Exclusive Vector Sigma/Alpha Trion/Orion Pax set.

There was some other stuff, like giant ass 6000 piece Transformers Lite-Brite sets, Transformers coming to Magic: the Gathering, and the Hall of Fame. Jhiaxus lost the "best toy" vote by a hundred, which is wonderfully ridiculous, and I'll get into why later when I do a review of that toy.

Undead Scottsman on
    They're all up for Pulse Premium Members right now.

https://hasbropulse.com/collections/transformers

I put in a pre-order for Slug, Sludge, Soundblaster, Breakdown, Needlenose, and Shattered Glass Soundwave. On the fence with Needlenose and SG Soundwave (I just liked the jet mode of Needlenose and have no idea who he is). Might also cancel my preorders for the dinobots and Soundblaster to wait for them to go on sale for $8.50 or so like most of the core stuff has done lately.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited September 2022
    I don't know who Tarn is, but they look cool!

Edit: Ooh, and the Astro Megazord is up too. Whelp. Easy slate of choices!

Athenor on
    Just got this in today!!! I love the packaging!!!!!

I love it so much that I am hesitating on opening it up to display them.

tonkanator.jpg

oosik_betsuni.png
    Tarn was an original character to IDW's first comic run, in the MTMTE era. He's the leader of the Decepticon Justice Division, who are a group of Decepticon fanatics whose job is to hunt down deserters and renegade Decepticons and execute them. Many of the DJD turn into implements of torture or execution. Tarn was basically a Megatron fanboy; his ship was the Peaceful Tyranny, he had some of original copies of Megatron's writings, and he even carries fusion cannons because of Megatron. He also had the power to kill someone with his voice.

There's so much more to the character, but that's the basic gist of it. Tarn isn't his real name either. The DJD all take code names based on the first cities the Deceptions took control if, and Tarn's true identity was a major secret for awhile, comlpete with red herrings. The Decepticon face is actually a mask.

Tarn is cool, in the way that only a villain who exemplifies how toxic and cruel the badguy's philosophy truly is.

edited September 2022
    Of course Pulse sells out of Breakdown already. Just went ahead and ordered from Entertainment Earth. I got the three core toys, Breakdown, Hot Shot, Scraphook and Tarn. I also snagged the Alpha Trion pack and a TF t-shirt from Hasbro Pulse.

Lio Convoy might still make it into my home, but I think I'll wait for a sale since it's basically an animal Optimus and I already have Primal.

Was really hoping to be able to skip the Junkions, but they're everything I wanted out of the "buildable figure" concept, so I gots ta to get them!

Undead Scottsman on
  • Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Some great reveals today, but I just have to post this guy
    hdphbckkqn43.jpg
    ow0279js2jxd.jpg

A brand new Transformer character out of nowhere, Scraphook looks like so much fun

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
  • CambiataCambiata Commander Shepard The likes of which even GAWD has never seenRegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    For whoever it was in the thread that liked the "semi-anime" Smart Doll, you can have the prototype for about $1300:

https://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/filter-garage/products/semi-anime-candidate-v3-cinnamon-vinyl-body

vzhrde1vxm8z.png

If I really wanted this retro lady myself, I'd just paint one of the blank heads I have to look like her.

Still a pretty good joke one-off, though.

Edit: Dang, she sold out fast.

If I had money, I'd buy this prototype:

https://shop.smartdoll.jp/collections/filter-garage/products/dewi-candidate-cocoa-vinyl-body

tjavpak2tj6b.png

And I know I could probably figure out how to paint this face myself, too, or commission someone to make it. I know it's a weird double standard, but in this case I'd only want the original, not someone copying it. /shrug

This design was supposedly inspired by AI generated art. Here are the design drawings:

https://shop.smartdoll.jp/pages/instagram#/?instaPost=Ch9ldpJBSAX

Edit again: Damn, she sold out just after I posted about her!

Cambiata on
    "If you divide the whole world into just enemies and friends, you'll end up destroying everything" --Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind
    edited October 2022
    Tarn was an original character to IDW's first comic run, in the MTMTE era. He's the leader of the Decepticon Justice Division, who are a group of Decepticon fanatics whose job is to hunt down deserters and renegade Decepticons and execute them. Many of the DJD turn into implements of torture or execution. Tarn was basically a Megatron fanboy; his ship was the Peaceful Tyranny, he had some of original copies of Megatron's writings, and he even carries fusion cannons because of Megatron. He also had the power to kill someone with his voice.

There's so much more to the character, but that's the basic gist of it. Tarn isn't his real name either. The DJD all take code names based on the first cities the Deceptions took control if, and Tarn's true identity was a major secret for awhile, comlpete with red herrings. The Decepticon face is actually a mask.

Tarn is cool, in the way that only a villain who exemplifies how toxic and cruel the badguy's philosophy truly is.

I'm leaning towards getting Tarn after reading your post and the designer's message about the toy.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2022/10/01/transformers-legacy-evolution-voyager-comic-universe-tarn-behind-the-scenes-466840

I remember seeing Tarn in some of the IDW comics, but haven't read the comics in sequence for him to make sense to me. I really need to go read through all of them again.

Edit: Wow a gap free mainline Transformer? Yeah I'm interested now...

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
    Yeah, I pulled the trigger because it just looked kickass and was a new take on a tank.

I bet ya'll thought I forgot about making Mass Effect N7 armor because it's been so long since I've posted about it! Well I never did forget about it, just other things got in the way. I've made the first step on this in a while, in that I now have a black bodysuit for going under the armor:

nljcxul60sm5.jpg

Initially, I was just going to make a bodysuit (which would have been a pain). The reason being that no one makes black bodysuits for BJDs, because they will absolutely stain the doll. But then Smart Doll released some stain prevention bodysuits in the colors of the doll's skin, like this one, and I purchased one (and later got a second one in a Chaos box).

My idea as soon as I saw that bodysuit was that I would dye that bodysuit black. My first attempt at dying the bodysuit, years ago now, turned it a very light gray and I wondered if it was even possible. But with all the knowledge i gained from dying my resin dolls, I now have the correct dyes to dye synthetic fabrics. I ran the dye process on the bodysuit twice, rinsed it thoroughly and let it dry, and finally hand washed it in industrial fabric cleaner.

The result is what you see in the photos above. I'm pretty certain that this bodysuit will stain the doll, but I don't care, this is the start of Shepard's armor set and when I have that Jane Shepard probably won't wear anything else.

Oh also just for funsies, here is the bodysuit + the helmet:

0x0g7vj1ppcy.jpg

That is so cool!!!! Both the way you made it and that it looks good.

oosik_betsuni.png
    edited October 2022
    Hey, everybody, let's talk about Jhiaxus!

So Transformers ends in 1990, but gets brought back in 1992 as "Generation 2" (Forever making the first era known as "Generation 1"), in what mostly started as redecos/retools of Generation 1 figures, but actually evolved quite a bit and produced one of the best vehicle transformers of all time, Laser Optimus Prime. The line well hella 90sified, lots more black, lots more neon, and it feels like everyone was armed to the teeth. They reissued the G1 cartoon with a new terrible CGI transitions, but the comics actually got an original series with Marvel! It was even a direct follow-up to the G1 comic that had ended at issue #80. Teh comic was 90's as all get-out, the first issue touting "THIS IS NOT YOUR FATHER'S AUTOBOT" with a picture of Prime shot all to hell. (Father's autobot? Transformers wasn't even a decade old at that point!). In it, they introduced a new faction to the war, the Cybertronian Empire, the face of which was Jhiaxus (The comic was in danger of getting canceled right away, so "Gee, axe us."). The Empire had splintered off from the Decepticons ages prior, and had been busy building an interplanetary empire while the Bots and Cons were busy beating the shit out of each other. Jhiaxus was cool because he treated the autobots and decepticons like regressive throwbacks, and example of what the Empire had evolved beyond. But, in the end, the combined efforts of Prime and Megatron brought those same "evolved beyond" primal urges to the forefront in Jhiaxus, showing how hollow his rhetoric had truly been,

Jhiaxus would go on to show up in IDW's comics as a mad scientist, but I miss the tyrant version that stood toe to toe with Megatron and Optimus Prime. That version got another chance in IDW's Regeneration One series (a 20 issue sequel to the G1 comic, written by Simon Furman). But that's been it for Jhiaxus, confined to the comics, often as a second rate character.

Jhiaxus had an, um, interesting design.
    Jhiaxusg2.jpg

Look at this thing. White/yellow colorscheme with a splash of red, unnecessary wirings in his legs.. Leg wings! Who does he think he is, namor? And why does he have thrustors AND batwings?!? And that Darth Starscream head he has!

There's been a few Jhiaxus toys over the years; the first being an orange redeco of Beast Machines Jetstorm, the second being an orange retool of an Armada Starscream figure. (At least that one had his head). We've never actually gotten a Jhiaxus meant to look like G2 Jhiaxus.

Until now.

FQIfyQ6.jpg

Look at this guy! LOOK AT HIM!! Look at how good they nailed him! The color, the batwings, the weird leg wiring, the non-symmetrical shoulder thingy. Holy cow! He doesn't quite share all of the weird 90's era comic shapes, so his sculpt is a little more modern, but they knocked this one out of the park otherwise.

He's very solid, very little kibble, has a great facesculpt and can even open his hands (a rarity for voyager class figures), and his weapons are suitably 90's ass G2 comic guns. There's a neat trick you can do with his shoulder pylon thingy; you can take it off and attach it to the back of his gun, making a new kind of weapon. The rest of the pylon now folds away better in vehicle mode.
    NkzPxE0.jpg

Here he is next to Earthrise Optimus Prime and Siege Megatron.
    W6vhVVE.jpg

He turns into. Okay, in the comics he turned into a weird lumpy jet thing, so it's not too weird he turns into a weird lumpy jet thing here.
    r5YYz36.jpg

When this guy was announced, I kinda didn't have a lot of interest in getting him, but as soon as I saw the first pictures of him my jaw dropped. He looked so good at replicating that goofy 90's design I just HAD to get him. Between him and now Tarn, Hasbro is kind of knocking it out of the park with these comicbook fiction only characters. (Well, technically Tarn showed up in the Cyberverse cartoon)

This figure is so good he almost won the best figure of the year poll that Hasbro did recently, coming in at a respectable #2 behind Motormaster. I can't sing his praises enough. This guy is so good, I'm still looking for a cheap Studio Series Starscream just so I can slap Jhiaxus on that Decepticon throne!

Undead Scottsman on
    That is so interesting. I still have that G2 comic with Prime on the cover somewhere in my house. Can't remember if there were two covers, but I bought the shiny chrome looking one. I remember seeing that phrase about not being your father's Transformers, but it really didn't register how silly it was at the time. I do remember not caring for the art style so didn't continue buying those comics. Too bad since Jihaxus and the story sounds really interesting. Maybe I'll read it in the massive collection books one of these days.

Thanks for the information about him and the photos! Honestly given what you have shared about Jihaxus and Tarn I really should buy those to support Hasbro trying out new toy designs over reissues of my G1 favorites. Heck, I have Override in my collection and have no idea who she was till now, and love the toy design.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Jhiaxus: a color scheme only a mother could love

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    @Undead Scottsman , I really appreciate the history lessons you give with your Transformers posts. Thank you!

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Jhiaxus: a color scheme only a mother could love

If the green was blue I could live with it but the green makes it feel like the colors of a flag or something

• Dizzy DDizzy D NetherlandsRegistered User regular
    I have been thinking for years that Jhiaxus and Straxus (from Gen1) were one and the same, even though they had very little in common and I was wondering why IDW brought back such a nothing character (Gen2 passed me by completely. The Action Masters were a death knell for child me when it came to Transformers).

Thanks for the info.

Steam/Origin: davydizzy
    I really like the look of that just-announced Scrapheap, and I love the idea of the Junkions being take-apartable and re-combinable. Likewise, the Core Dinobots don't do anything for me in terms of their aesthetics, but I like them being a combiner, and would consider getting them just for that novelty...

but...

I am completely put off by Hasbro's new "big open hole in the box" packaging. I am, unfortunately, enough of a germaphobe that I'm really grossed out by the idea of other people's hands feelin' up that toy through the window, or of dust and debris falling in during the storage-and-shipping-and-handling stage. I know that this is irrational, but unfortunately that's kinda how stupid brain things like that work.

I dunno, maybe I'll be able to work on myself enough to be able to handle it by the time those things come out next year, but I'm not optimistic.

Delduwath wrote: »
    I really like the look of that just-announced Scrapheap, and I love the idea of the Junkions being take-apartable and re-combinable. Likewise, the Core Dinobots don't do anything for me in terms of their aesthetics, but I like them being a combiner, and would consider getting them just for that novelty...

but...

I am completely put off by Hasbro's new "big open hole in the box" packaging. I am, unfortunately, enough of a germaphobe that I'm really grossed out by the idea of other people's hands feelin' up that toy through the window, or of dust and debris falling in during the storage-and-shipping-and-handling stage. I know that this is irrational, but unfortunately that's kinda how stupid brain things like that work.

I dunno, maybe I'll be able to work on myself enough to be able to handle it by the time those things come out next year, but I'm not optimistic.

I have a solution for you. I can buy them all, disinfect them, put them into sealed baggies, then sell them to you. Problem solved!

oosik_betsuni.png
    I mean, I don't have a problem with disinfecting them myself, it's more like... how to do so without damaging them? Alcohol can damage paint, Clorox wipes seem to be safe but it's hard to reach into nooks and crannies.

• Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I mean, I don't have a problem with disinfecting them myself, it's more like... how to do so without damaging them? Alcohol can damage paint, Clorox wipes seem to be safe but it's hard to reach into nooks and crannies.
    I would say, given how you never really know how stickers and plastics will react to cleaners, your best bet might be simply to have a closet (or garage) somewhere that you use as a week long holding cell for anything new you buy.

It's even easier if they are online orders, just stack those big bag toy store boxes up somewhere and wait to open them. I know my wife LOVES seeing a ton of boxes from there sitting in the living room!

... I blame this thread.

xxeVwjpl.jpg

I wasn't planning on getting them! Honest! But I was feeling quite good at the end of today, after a really good workday and a good meeting with my counselor. I finally said "What the heck, I'll do some recycling." which is right next to the Wal-mart. Usually I avoid that place like the plague, but it was nice enough that I also went "What the heck, I'll make it quick."

I hopped in.. and they had 4 Nemesis Prime's on the shelf. And, it turns out, 2 Jhiaxus's! At first I thought they were Blitzwings, until I pulled one out. Given the high stock of everything, I suspect a restock arrived today.

My usual habit is to not grab the first one on a shelf, especially if the packaging is dinged up. This led to the unfortunate discovery that the 2nd Jhiaxus was missing his head, completely. No sign of it, no rattling, nada. Poor guy. I think that's my biggest problem with the "Green" packaging Hasbro's using. Either encase it completely or put in a window, so random parts don't go missing.

OMG This Scourge is so tiny and cute! Like a little chibi version of its original version!

*orders upgrade kits*

If anyone sees a cosmos and is willing to ship it, let me know. I don't trust my Walmart preorder at this point.

I saw this this morning and forgot to post it here. Looks like Hasbro is releasing yet another G1 mold toys for Starscream and Hot Rod, but painted to look like the movie cartoon look!

I pre-ordered both because I'm a sucker for G1 Transformers toys.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Retro-The-Transformers-The-Movie-G1-Starscream-Collectible-Action-Figure/567980442

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Retro-The-Transformers-The-Movie-G1-Autobot-Hot-Rod-Collectible-Action-Figure/447997463

They also had this recolor of Astrotrain that reminded me of the Japan coloring. Apparently he was a Japanese cartoon Transformer.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Legacy-Velocitron-Speedia-500-Collection-Leader-Victory-Universe-Galaxy-Shuttle/869742903

oosik_betsuni.png
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I saw this this morning and forgot to post it here. Looks like Hasbro is releasing yet another G1 mold toys for Starscream and Hot Rod, but painted to look like the movie cartoon look!

I pre-ordered both because I'm a sucker for G1 Transformers toys.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Retro-The-Transformers-The-Movie-G1-Starscream-Collectible-Action-Figure/567980442

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Retro-The-Transformers-The-Movie-G1-Autobot-Hot-Rod-Collectible-Action-Figure/447997463

They also had this recolor of Astrotrain that reminded me of the Japan coloring. Apparently he was a Japanese cartoon Transformer.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Transformers-Legacy-Velocitron-Speedia-500-Collection-Leader-Victory-Universe-Galaxy-Shuttle/869742903

Galaxy Shuttle is such a weird pull given what a non character he was in Victory. His name, job and alt-mode are all just "Galaxy Shuttle" and even then he didn't do a lot in the show, despite being gigantic (Taller than Star Saber). I think we see his robot mode less then a half dozen times.

You won't be getting much of a history lesson from me if I review him, I tell you what.