As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Anyone from Ohio

YatesYates Registered User regular
edited August 2004 in PAX Archive
Is anyone going from Ohio, in particular, from Northwest Ohio area?

Yates on

• codechinocodechino Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    im planning on it... but im not nw ohio -) im ne, near cleveland. though i might be leaving from cincinnati, depending on whether or not i stay here at school.

codechino on
  • DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
    edited April 2004
    I may go. I'm also in Cleveland for the summer.

Unknown User on
  • YatesYates Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    Alright, sweet. I'm planning on driving there and it would be nice to have some people to go with, even if they were strangers. Hopefully I'll be able to convince at least one friend to go, but it doubtful because they all have jobs that aren't as flexible as mine and plus I doubt they will want to drive all the way up to Washington.

Yates on
  • SpotlessMindSpotlessMind Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    The money you spend on gas would probally equal that of a plane ticket. Especially with prices going up every week. :wink:

SpotlessMind on
    edited April 2004
    "The money you spend on gas would probally equal that of a plane ticket. Especially with prices going up every week. "

However, you can't split one plane ticket, but you can split the cost of gas and hotels etc.

^_^

I don't know if I'll still be in Ohio in august,(I'm hoping NOT) but if I am, I'd like to go. However, I'm in southern Ohio. Bout an hour south of Columbus.

Unknown User on
  • -Sol--Sol- Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    "However, I'm in southern Ohio. Bout an hour south of Columbus.

Sounds like you're near Hillsboro. My hometown, well, in youth.

I'm considering flying from Cinci.

-Sol- on
    Avalloc on Xbox Live
    edited April 2004
    I'm in Columbus. I might be able to be talked into caravanning rather than flying.

Unknown User on
    edited April 2004
    Well, its good to know that there's people interesting in Ohio. Lets see what things look like around July and decide from there if we want to arrange anything.

Yates on
  • buttnosebuttnose Registered User new member
    edited April 2004
    I'm willing to caravan it.... and chip in as much as I possibly can. I'm living in the Cleveland area now, but from May onward, i'll be near Toledo, for school... So either place is a good staging point for me.

buttnose on
    yea, that's me.
    edited April 2004
    -Sol- : Nods.. near there :) You grew up here too eh? Nice to meet a fellow casualty of the midwest. :)

Yates: Good idea.. by July I think everyone's plans/locations should be fairly well cohesive. If anyone would like to get in touch to stay in touch, my email is pax@binarygoddess.com

Unknown User on
  • -Sol--Sol- Registered User regular
    edited April 2004
    -Sol- : Nods.. near there :) You grew up here too eh? Nice to meet a fellow casualty of the midwest. :)

Yup, graduated highschool back in '93 at Hillsboro. I haven't been back, much.

I've got family I see a few times a year though in Blanchester.

-Sol- on
    Avalloc on Xbox Live
  • sancho pandasancho panda Registered User new member
    edited May 2004
    im in columbus right now, but i'll be in chicago in like a month or so...

so... come get me.

sancho panda on
    edited May 2004
    Columbus? Sweet, I'm at OSU right now (but this summer will be living in Toledo)

Yates on
  • atomaticatomatic Registered User regular
    edited May 2004
    I was going to make a joke about being supprised that Ohio has people at all, let alone people going to the convention, but I realized I was thinking about Idaho

atomatic on
    Now with about as many economic misconception as before!
    concepticon.gif
  • Your MotherYour Mother Registered User new member
    edited May 2004
    There is nobody from Ohio here. I'm not from Berea. No.

Your Mother on
    You.
  • taoistlumberjaktaoistlumberjak Registered User regular
    edited May 2004
    dayton here.

i can't go, though. I've got a trip planned for June to Montana with my girlfriend, so that's it for my long distance travelling this summer.

taoistlumberjak on
    grillsgrillsgrills.jpg
  • jebus_777jebus_777 Registered User regular
    edited May 2004
    I knew I shouldn't have left Ohio for stinkin' Texas.....there's nobody here!!!! All hick and no gamer!!!! :cry:

jebus_777 on
    Snake, we're not tools of the government, or anyone else...
    Fighting was the only thing...the only thing I was ever any good at, but...At least I always fought for what I believed in...
    Snake...farewell...
    --Grey Fox (George Byrd) Metal Gear Solid
    edited June 2004
    Hi, I'm Nate.
    I'm not from Ohio, but I am in Southern Michigan, and am willing to drive down to meet people to go with. My girlfriend and I want to go, and we'll both pitch in for gas and all that. I'm putting out the word to all the midwest states and forums that I can.

Unknown User on
    edited June 2004
    I'm in Toledo ( well, Sylvania if you want to get technical ) and would love to go, but I highly doubt I can make it. I guess I'll have to wait and see what I can work out though.

( What's the point of this reply? I have no idea... )

Unknown User on
    edited June 2004
    I would like to go, but I am piss fucking poor.

Unknown User on
    edited June 2004
    How come when I make a post it kills the thread?

Unknown User on
    edited June 2004
    Yates wrote:
    Is anyone going from Ohio, in particular, from Northwest Ohio area?

Hey i really want to go and i live in northwest ohio findlay actualy. Send me a message if you still need people to go and im very willing to put in for gas money/hotel room.

Unknown User on
  • CaswynbenCaswynben Registered User regular
    edited June 2004
    I live in Toledo and would love to go.
    I can front plenty of money and bring girls.
    Seriously.

Caswynben on
  • buttnosebuttnose Registered User new member
    edited July 2004
    It looks like there are NO "EAST coast supertrips" that are actually gonna happen, so my fiance and I are just going to fly. Sorry to any fellow Ohioans that were willing to carpool it, but there's just not enough people interested in it to make it work, plus we've got classes the week before and after.... so a 4 day drive isn't really workable for us. We're flying out friday night, and flying back monday morning. Peace out.

EDIT:
    FYI, we went priceline, and the total cost is like $300 for round trip tickets, for each of us. Add the hotel to that, admission fees, and food, and it looks like under $500 a head will get you to PAX from the Toledo area.

buttnose on
    yea, that's me.
    edited July 2004
    headed out from ohio here as well (dayton to be specific). but we really dont want to spend the week driving it, so we'll bite the bullet and fly. ;)

Unknown User on
    edited July 2004
    It sucks that I won't be able to go unless I can make alot of money in a short amont of time.

Unknown User on
    edited July 2004
    Well, after talking to some people and giving it some practical thought, I've decided that I"m going to fly instead of driving.

Anyone want to FLY over to Washington from Toledo or Detriot (or maybe Cleveland)?

Yates on
    edited July 2004
    Considering it would take like three and a half days to drive there, I would probably say yes to flying there, even though I hate flying.

Unknown User on
    edited July 2004
    Is anyone from the NW/Toledo area still going? And if so are they driving or is everyone flying?

Unknown User on
  • radjagoradjago Registered User regular
    edited July 2004
    I'm from Dayton (Fairborn, for those who demand precision) and I considered driving there until I mapquested it and found that I would be on the road for two days straight just to get there and then have to do the same on the return trip. Somehow roaring over long stretches of highway on a hot summer day didn't seem to fit into my plans for summer vacation.

I wouldn't consider flying an option unless I could ship my computer to someone I trusted near the event.

radjago on
    PAX East Train Alliance, Metal Gear Line: 2013 || 2012 || 2010
  • shradogshradog Registered User regular
    edited July 2004
    I'm from D-town (Defiance) and gonna be head out to PAX. Hoping on a plane from Detroit on the 25th for Fresno and hooking up with my buddy Clark and then we're bussing it all the way to Seattle. Should be a helluva good time.

shradog on
    edited August 2004
    shradog wrote:
    I'm from D-town (Defiance) and gonna be head out to PAX. Hoping on a plane from Detroit on the 25th for Fresno and hooking up with my buddy Clark and then we're bussing it all the way to Seattle. Should be a helluva good time.

Defiance is not "D-Town" ... :roll:

Yates on
  • shradogshradog Registered User regular
    edited August 2004
    Yates wrote:
    shradog wrote:

Defiance is not "D-Town" ... :roll:

LOL, no, it's not. Just used to calling it that, as it's the vernacular around here. You'll have to excuse my rural-ism.

shradog on