As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Deadpool] Clawing his way back to relevancy

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Man, Hugh must have got that fucking Mouse Money to show up again.

I think him and Ryan are too good of buddies for them to pass up doing a movie together, plus they both seem to love playing the characters

I thought I read somewhere that Jackman was tired of having to get into super-jacked state and then dehydrate himself to play Wolverine. So he wasn't too upset by the prospect of not playing Wolverine again.
    Hopefully he'll be able to play the role without having to nearly kill himself for the camera.

But, I may be misremembering.

• LJDouglasLJDouglas Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    I think I remember some mention a while back that he said he was done with the character with the exception of being willing to do a Deadpool team-up.

LJDouglas on
  • Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    LJDouglas wrote: »
    I think i remember some mention a while back that he said he was done with the character with the exception of being willing to do a Deadpool team-up.

Or get into the MCU. Of course, that was pre-Endgame.

And it remains to be seen how this actually ties in to the MCU.

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Jackman was probably up to do one more movie for his buddy Ryan.

He also probably demanded $Disney for a role he'd repeatedly stated publicly he wasn't interested in doing anymore.

• cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Man, Hugh must have got that fucking Mouse Money to show up again.

Honestly, some people don't take that Scorsese angle that film is some high art bs... when you have people who enjoy working together and making projects they want you don't have to pay them a massive sum to get to have the kind of fun these two are clearly having.

• NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    I’d do favor for a friend, have a fun time, AND ask for a dump truck of money.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Maybe he'll have a role like fat Thor so no need to get jacked.

steam_sig.png
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    I'd give Disney even or better odds of letting Jackman go back to the X-men 1/2 look instead of the shaved down, oiled up, water cut roidmonster from later movies, which would also probably be a big selling point for him.

Not even Thor has ever been as unhealthily ripped as Jackman had to be in The Wolverine or Days of Future Past and the MCU isn't exactly full of actors who buff up even that much.

Hevach on
  • mrondeaumrondeau Montréal, CanadaRegistered User regular
    The proper attitude is Michael Caine's: it's commercial; pay me. No need to see the movie as long as you can see the beach house it bought.

Anything else is a nice bonus. This applies to any jobs.

• MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    It's not like Jackman really looks like he's in bad shape either. Stick him in a well tailored outfit and no one is going to freaking care if you can't see a 12 pack as he slices Deadpools arms off for making a bad joke.

Edit: Actually, knowing how these movies have been, there's a better than 0% chance that they make him wear a t-shirt with his old Wolverine body screen printed on it for a decent to significant part of the film.

Mvrck on
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    Damn I just realized if Colossus is in this we can finally get a live action fastball special

• NobeardNobeard North Carolina: Failed StateRegistered User regular
    mrondeau wrote: »
    The proper attitude is Michael Caine's: it's commercial; pay me. No need to see the movie as long as you can see the beach house it bought.

Acting seems like an absolutely terrible profession to try to support yourself with. I’m all for folks gettin paid, but like teaching, it’s the intangible benefits that draw people to acting.

I just realized they did do the fastball special in X-Men 3 I just had successfully purged it from my mind and now I must begin the process anew

Nobeard wrote: »
    mrondeau wrote: »

Acting seems like an absolutely terrible profession to try to support yourself with. I’m all for folks gettin paid, but like teaching, it’s the intangible benefits that draw people to acting.

And the intangible benefits should never get in the way of getting paid.

• DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Jomboy Media, a channel that often lip reads umpires/refs and professional athlete/coach conversations took a crack at lip reading the second trailer.

https://youtu.be/3olWCsNUP2g

steam_sig.png
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Honestly kind of sad that wasn't a paid promotion cause that's absolutely perfect and he deserves a payday.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    I mean, it isn't like they didn't foreshadow this with his scene in 2.
    I'd guess they at least talked about doing it then.

I'm more wondering how they're going to handle the move into the MCU. Casting one of your most popular X-Men as the well-loved actor is great, but not when he's on his way out of the role. To quote 2, they want someone young enough to stay in the franchise for ten to twelve years.

So I'm thinking we'll get more multiverse-shenanigans. Might get Xavier as well (hopefully both McAvoy and Stuart. If we're doing multiverse, there's no need to hold back).

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Multiverse, just not acknowledge it, recast, or just not use him. Sure he's popular but he's just as easily a character they can save for a big appearance years down the line.

Daimar wrote: »
    Jomboy Media, a channel that often lip reads umpires/refs and professional athlete/coach conversations took a crack at lip reading the second trailer.

https://youtu.be/3olWCsNUP2g

This guy does a decent Ryan Reynolds which is saying something

• MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I just realized they did do the fastball special in X-Men 3 I just had successfully purged it from my mind and now I must begin the process anew

Since it was retconned in DoFP, I’m happy to pretend the whole movie never happened.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    In before they spend all this time hyping it up only for him to be in like a 30 second cameo :D

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Docshifty wrote: »
    Honestly kind of sad that wasn't a paid promotion cause that's absolutely perfect and he deserves a payday.

This'll get so many hits, though.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    The easiest way to avoid flubbing the casting on Logan is letting Jackman do it one or two more times and passing the torch to X-23 till the MCU gets a reboot.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    I'm very much looking forward to Wolverine showing up with a sewn-shut mouth like an hour and 30 minutes into the movie, and then eventually when his sewing is removed, his only two lines, repeated ad nauseum, are "Snikt" and "Bub."

Just have a massive fight scene with Deadpool while he just keeps fucking muttering "Snikt Bub, snikt snikt bub"

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • cardboard delusionscardboard delusions USAgent PSN: USAgent31Registered User regular
    klemming wrote: »
    I mean, it isn't like they didn't foreshadow this with his scene in 2.
    I'd guess they at least talked about doing it then.

I'm more wondering how they're going to handle the move into the MCU. Casting one of your most popular X-Men as the well-loved actor is great, but not when he's on his way out of the role. To quote 2, they want someone young enough to stay in the franchise for ten to twelve years.

So I'm thinking we'll get more multiverse-shenanigans. Might get Xavier as well (hopefully both McAvoy and Stuart. If we're doing multiverse, there's no need to hold back).

Or they can do what comics tried to do and kill him off in favor of X-23. They have as much flexibility as they need.

Clearly the solution is to have a plot line where Canadian Deadpool try to smuggle unknown Australian Hugh Jackman by trying to pass him as well known Canadian Wolverine.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    and then after their big fight, deadpool gets sued for all the damage he caused and she-hulk has to go to court with him and they try to out fourth-wall each other

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    and then after their big fight, deadpool gets sued for all the damage he caused and she-hulk has to go to court with him and they try to out fourth-wall each other

Who are you talking to?

Who are you talking to?

• TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular

As a Telltale/Bandersnatch special, whilst the in universe judge gets increasingly irate and this rulings apparently coming out of nowhere.

• klemmingklemming Registered User regular
    Marathon wrote: »

Who are you talking to?

Who are you talking to?

They need to talk to different walls.
    When Jen's the viewpoint character in a scene, Wade is just talking directly to an actual wall for some reason.

Nobody remembers the singer. The song remains.
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    spool32 wrote: »
    Marathon wrote: »
    Just pay the prop department to make a few extras so the actors can walk off with them.

MCU movies print money. You might be out a couple grand for a Stormbreaker, but Thor 4 will more than make up for it.
    I don't work in movies but I have to assume they do this. Cause how do you not expect the person playing Cap to not want a shield, or the person playing Thor to not want a hammer, or etc.

Hell most of those 'I stole stuff' stories involve said star asking 'the prop guy' for it and getting it.

Mostly corporate greed sort of thing involved, I would imagine. If actors take props, they can't auction the props later for stupid amounts of money. Alternatively, if actors take props, executives that had fucking nothing to do with making the movies can't take props to put them in their office or home and say "yeah, I made that happen!"

So the studios have a standing policy of "don't do it or penalties" to try and scare off people, but they do fuck-all about it if something disappears.

Are we talking about the heist for the original Iron Man prop? Because it was stolen out of a warehouse and nobody has the first fuckin clue who owns it now....

My understanding is that with a number of actors/characters, there's a general 'THOU SHALT NOT STEAL PROPS AND COSTUMES' rule that is ignored for all the good will it generates. Supposedly Chris Pratt stole one of the Starlord costumes, but wears it to children's hospitals and stuff. I'm sure a lot of it is a mix of PR and "stolen" stuff that's more on loan or whatever, which is then further contrasted with reports that some actors straight up back a moving van into the loading dock and walk off with half a set or something.

Some of it seems legit underhanded, some seems to be with a general blessing through the goodwill such things will likely incur, some of it seems to be essentially a broader PR strategy, with varying levels of cynicism colouring it.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Quid wrote: »
    Multiverse, just not acknowledge it, recast, or just not use him. Sure he's popular but he's just as easily a character they can save for a big appearance years down the line.

Change actors between scenes. Same character as far as Logan is concerned, Wade continues to comment on differences in stature and age that nobody else understands.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
    Dammit, now I'm imagining a world where Deadpool's mission for the movie is to prevent the Fox Mutantverse from invading the MCU "for quality reasons" and he has to go through F4, New Mutants and both timelines killing all the muties so it's just him and Wolverine making the cut

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Wolverine dies at the end, Deadpool laments at ruining the ending to Logan.

• HevachHevach Registered User regular
    Dammit, now I'm imagining a world where Deadpool's mission for the movie is to prevent the Fox Mutantverse from invading the MCU "for quality reasons" and he has to go through F4, New Mutants and both timelines killing all the muties so it's just him and Wolverine making the cut

I'll one up this: all the way through everyone denies any knowledge of this invasion. Post credits the X-Men from the Illuminati universe show up looking for the Scarlet Witch.

"Wade what the hell, I thought we killed everyone because -"
    "Ooooh shit, eight-THREE-eight. Yeah this was all a waste of time."

• The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    I won't be surprised if Deadpool 3 pulls in pre-Logan Wolverine, shenanigans, gets him wasted and then drops him back into the opening scene with Logan with the limo, clearly inebriated.

What happens in between is fair game, and they could come up with any number of reasons he doesn't remember it in Logan.

What would surprise me is if it isn't addressed directly, because that's kinda what Deadpool does. They could definitely go the easy route and just make it a different universes Wolverine, but it seems clear already they understand people want that specific version.

Either way, one thing is absolutely certain: they will fuck with the fans and then rub it in our faces.

And we will love it.

EDIT: Also we better get more fucking Cable for maximum timeline fuckage. I don't care if it's a cameo, Brolin has to show up and there has to be a direct reference to Thanos.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    I won't be surprised if Deadpool 3 pulls in pre-Logan Wolverine, shenanigans, gets him wasted and then drops him back into the opening scene with Logan with the limo, clearly inebriated.

What happens in between is fair game, and they could come up with any number of reasons he doesn't remember it in Logan.

What would surprise me is if it isn't addressed directly, because that's kinda what Deadpool does. They could definitely go the easy route and just make it a different universes Wolverine, but it seems clear already they understand people want that specific version.

Either way, one thing is absolutely certain: they will fuck with the fans and then rub it in our faces.

And we will love it.

EDIT: Also we better get more fucking Cable for maximum timeline fuckage. I don't care if it's a cameo, Brolin has to show up and there has to be a direct reference to Thanos.

Didn't they already make a Thanos reference?

If it's going to have Jackman, I wanna see a reference to finding out Cable's parentage. I thought it was Scott and Jean, but it's apparently "not", and that's got potential for Logan to slam Cyclops pretty hard there, over the squick.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I kind of wanted the striaght up buddy comedy Cable and Deadpool movie, but getting Jackman back as Wolverine is a worthwhile replacement.

• ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I kind of wanted the striaght up buddy comedy Cable and Deadpool movie, but getting Jackman back as Wolverine is a worthwhile replacement.

It's not too late for a threesome.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Shadowfire wrote: »

It's not too late for a threesome.

Have Cable and Wolverine get on great, and Deadpool pissy that he's the third wheel in his own fucking movie.

EDIT - I'm concerned about bloat though, because dang it, I want more NTW and girlfriend.

MorganV on