As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

What department is [chat]?

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Security - PEW PEW. PEW PEW PEW. PEW PEW PEW PEW.
    Do Gundam and EVA pilots have the same mental makeup? To say nothing of Macross

Hiro Yui would cross over well but Trowa Barton seems too into the dakka

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • bloodyroarxxbloodyroarxx Casa GrandeRegistered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »

Na, there might be some of the less mentally stable Gundam pilots that are but most aren't.

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Engineering - I'm giving it all she's got, Captain, but she can't take the strain!

Na, there might be some of the less mentally stable Gundam pilots that are but most aren't.

How dare you attack my waifu Trowa

Tumin on
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Science - It's life, Jim, but not as we know it.
    Don't know if I want to name my Leagues of Votann faction after Deneb or Cygnus (or both, I.E. Cygnus-Deneb/Deneb-Sygnus) and whether it should be a Syndicate, an Alliance, a Coalition, a Federacy, or House/Houses

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Those all mean different things! How did you feel about Lincoln's centralization of power

• Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I'm a proud Yankee son of the north with the legacy of Union fighting men in my family, so all in all I think it was justified at the time but has been coopted in subsequent years by the ideological get of the confederacy. But mostly it's just what sounds best when combined with Deneb or Cygnus. This is a sci fi nation after all, the name doesn't need to make sense.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
    Are you saying it's not a conglomeration of Latin swans

It's some form of voluntary union of space dwarf kindreds/families/clans localized around the area of Deneb and/or the Cygnus constellation

edited September 2022
    House of the Swan (The Swan Houses?)

Make it so

Eddy on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    Command - Make it so, Number One!
    omg Orville s3
    the aliens on this planet are playing a Irish jig instrumental cover of "Jolene"

rRwz9.gif
  • RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    omg Orville s3
    the aliens on this planet are playing a Irish jig instrumental cover of "Jolene"

https://youtu.be/V_Oy2VmxN_I

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Chanus
    Jacobkosh wrote: »
    omg Orville s3

Orville is so much better than it has any right to be.

I've just been astounded since S1 and it's gotten better over time.

• TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Engineering - I'm giving it all she's got, Captain, but she can't take the strain!
    Blimey

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Cor

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
    "What kind of room did you give me"

Buddy you booked your room online, what kind of room did you book yourself?

left the above in drafts but it got better so Ill post it now

Guy comes down and complains the room is "uncomfortable". He wants to leave tomorrow instead of Monday morning, I tell him its prepaid non refundable.

I attempt to get him to elaborate what's wrong and the only thing he can come up with is the beds are too small, they are double beds and this dude is maybe 5'5 and he has his wife and like I'd say 5 and 11 year old sons with him.

• HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Conn - I like to fly the spaceships and asteroid drifting!
    Buddy you done booked yourself

PSN: Honkalot
  • HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I can’t really convey how bad autocorrect works for a language that is built around stacking words together without hyphens.

I can’t write one sentence without it retroactively completely changing the meaning of something.

PSN: Honkalot
  • A Kobold's KoboldA Kobold's Kobold He/Him MississippiRegistered User regular
    It’s almost three in the morning. I’m supposed to be asleep. And the dog is howling to be taken out.

Why can’t you take care of the dog you decided to get, Dad???

Switch Friend Code: SW-3011-6091-2364
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    Don't know if I want to name my Leagues of Votann faction after Deneb or Cygnus (or both, I.E. Cygnus-Deneb/Deneb-Sygnus) and whether it should be a Syndicate, an Alliance, a Coalition, a Federacy, or House/Houses

How about something more out there? A commandite, a partnership, a holding, a trust, an enterprise, a venture, a cooperative, a yield co, a GmbH & Co. KG, a bolag, a selskab, a kumiai, a podnik, osakeyhtio, a kaisha, a multi-divisional form?

It's time for zaibatsu and chaebol to get in the galactic game

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Chanus
    I want Deadpool 3 to come out next week so that people will stop fantasizing and the having dumb arguments about what it will be.

It started off funny!

It has progressed from funny to... not that.

• TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    some people here are doing a big mad because the government introduced a scheme for free contraception for girls 16 and up because the age of consent is 17

ignoring the fact that contraception can also be used to help alleviate menstrual issues, pretending that teenagers aren't having sex is dumb as fuck

i just hate how there's pushback against literally every good thing

Tav bringing up the age of consent as is the fashion of modern comedians

Tav bringing up the age of consent as is the fashion of modern comedians

alright i walked right into this one tbf

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    [Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    Good morning and happy prime ministerial local radio round to those who celebrate

• Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited September 2022
    i finally beat Italy as Ethiopia in Hearts of Iron IV (new DLC)

suck it, Mussolini

Zavian on
  • japanjapan Registered User regular
    The thing about parodying those interviews is that the actual recordings are demonstrably worse

Financial journos have been posting stuff about the bond markets literally sliding in real time as they were taking place

edited September 2022
    I just had a guy call to book a room for late next month for 4 nights. I quoted him a rate of $155 a night. He balked at the price and said he read "171 reviews" and started listing off the complaints and wanted me to guarantee there would be no issues with his room. I said that was impossible and unreasonable for me to do so he wanted a discount on the room so I asked what was he looking for, he wanted me to knock it down to $100 a night if he was going to take a chance on such a possibly awful hotel. He then tried to get me to meet him in the middle at $125. I politely but plainly told him he perhaps would be happy looking elsewhere for accommodations.

bloodyroarxx on
    japan wrote: »
    The thing about parodying those interviews is that the actual recordings are demonstrably worse

Financial journos have been posting stuff about the bond markets literally sliding in real time as they were taking place

I'm lowgrade amazed at how quickly the new car smell is fading.

edited September 2022
    went into the stationery shop nearby to pick up a card for this wedding i'm going to tomorrow
    il0jkx79tzud.jpg

ql5s2hdhxwam.jpg

haha wife bad am i right guys

Tav on
    Tav wrote: »
    went into the stationery shop nearby to pick up a card for this wedding i'm going to tomorrow
    il0jkx79tzud.jpg

ql5s2hdhxwam.jpg

haha wife bad am i right guys

I bet you didn't even bother tidying your fringe.

• VanguardVanguard But now the dream is over. And the insect is awake.Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
  • matt has a problemmatt has a problem Points to 'off' Points to 'on'Registered User regular
    zlp2ZNW.jpg

I've been sitting here for almost an hour. The first wreck was a five car accident including one flipped car. The next three have completely stopped traffic.

nibXTE7.png
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Jimmie's Creek sounds like a place where stuff happens

are YOU on the beer list?
  • syndalissyndalis Getting Classy On the WallRegistered User, Loves Apple Products regular
    Jimmie's Creek sounds like a place where stuff happens

Seems like a place where in the summer the water rises up, deep enough to dive.

Deep enough to dive.

SW-4158-3990-6116
    Let's play Mario Kart or something...
  • amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    This got posted in the Rick and Morty thread but I forgot how well BDG does creepy.

https://youtu.be/wbfu39l0kxg

are YOU on the beer list?
This discussion has been closed.