As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Nintendo] thread, starring Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    surprise, we have decided to remake fe #tms

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

They already did this

• Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »

They already did this

they re-released it with extra content, that's not a remake

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
  • Options
    sarukunsarukun RIESLING OCEANRegistered User regular
    I will admit to being curious.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    God no matter what that trailer is gonna be awful isn't it?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Chris is the weak link, but I’d watch a Jack Bowser and Donkey Rogen short.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Oh for sure it's amazing they botched Mario so much and nailed everyone else

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Donkey Kong better just make his weird grunty noises

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    TayaTaya Registered User regular
    This all seems like a Mario parody movie than a real Mario movie. It's going to be a farce imo.

• Options
    OdinOdin Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »
    This all seems like a Mario parody movie than a real Mario movie. It's going to be a farce imo.

It's like Nintendo made a shitpost on Reddit and casted everyone based on the comments

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Taya wrote: »

I mean I hope it's a farce. I feel like the only way a Mario movie could be entertaining would for it to be farcical.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    I'm expecting the most paint-by-numbers trailer where every beat and joke was already predicted online, but is ultimately "fine, I guess".

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Just wait til the final shot of the trailer is Mario saying Fuck

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Chris is the weak link, but I’d watch a Jack Bowser and Donkey Rogen short.

Charlie Day as Luigi is quietly the one I'm looking forward to

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Start off with the joke where Mario sounds like he normally does (which would be the Charles Martinet cameo) and then he clears his throat and it's Pratt. I fuckin' dare you, Illumination.

• Options
    Chall wrote: »
    Just wait til the final shot of the trailer is Mario saying Fuck

The final shot of the movie is Mario returning home and telling a mysterious figure that the plan was a success and everyone believed him to be Mario, which means that now he (the figure) can safely retire from the legacy of Mario and open that pizza place like he's always wanted.

Mysterious figure steps into the light and it's Sungwon Cho with a fake mustache. "Let's-a-go," he says.

Credits roll

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    calling it now

luigi will curse but it will be censored by a generic mario game sound effect

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    The biggest bummer to me is there just won’t be time to breath. The Mario in my head has more in common with Moomins or Studio Ghibli than Minions.

v60gxcapke95.jpeg

• Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    Bought Splatoon 3! Loving it!! But I'm also having some brutal connectivity issues

Sounds like this is something common right now? Is there anything I can do beyond waiting for them to get resolved via an upcoming patch? I want to play the gaaaaaaame

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Cello wrote: »
    Bought Splatoon 3! Loving it!! But I'm also having some brutal connectivity issues

Sounds like this is something common right now? Is there anything I can do beyond waiting for them to get resolved via an upcoming patch? I want to play the gaaaaaaame

Only thing you can really do on your end is play docked and use a USB LAN adapter, if you have one

It's especially rough this weekend because everyone is online for then splatfest, which both makes it so that the servers are getting taxed harder than usual and also slowing down match making cuz it's gotta pair you with an opposing team

If it's really giving you a hard time it might be a good time to focus on the campaign instead?

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    This happened in Splatoon 2 if I recall. And there was also an algorithm that would see someone disconnecting multiple times in succession and auto-ban them for a bit from online play because it wasn't programmed to differentiate between network issues and intentional disconnections.

• Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    This happened in Splatoon 2 if I recall. And there was also an algorithm that would see someone disconnecting multiple times in succession and auto-ban them for a bit from online play because it wasn't programmed to differentiate between network issues and intentional disconnections.

yeah that's just a standard nintendo online thing, smash has the exact same system

• Options
    due to the combined powers of depression and painkillers I have bought Splatoon 3
    I meant to buy it a day or two ago so I'd get it for the splatfest but I forgot

I hope I like it

• Options
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    due to the combined powers of depression and painkillers I have bought Splatoon 3

I hope I like it

"Medication!"
    "Self-care!"
    "Therapy!"
    "Financial stability!
    "Heart!"

"By your powers combined I am a Semi Functional Person!"

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Crippl3 wrote: »

I hope I like it

UPDATE: so far I like it more than 2, which I only played for like 15 hours or so
    I still can't fucking aim at all, but I bought the Octobrush which works
    Also the fact that Salmon Run isn't on a completely stupid limited time schedule makes it so much better, still can't stand the map rotation system though. Also I'm just getting fucking steamrolled in Turf War, it feels like there's 0 skill matchmaking and it's very unfun a lot of the time.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited September 2022
    Andy Joe wrote: »

I imagine Platinum really needs Bayo 3 to hit and hit hard. Even for a studio with several "nobody bought this" titles in their history, Babylon's Fall was an uniquely terrible absolute debacle.

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular

I imagine Platinum really needs Bayo 3 to hit and hit hard. Even for a studio with several "nobody bought this" titles in their history, Babylon's Fall was an uniquely terrible absolute debacle.

releasing it on one console maybe wasn't the best idea then?

• Options
    edited September 2022
    Baby fall was on steam as well IIRC, it tanked super hard both places

it was a really bad game, that probably didn't help

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    yeah i read it had like...12 active players on steam?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    platinumgames is one of those companies that both A) sometimes goes down really bad game design paths and B) gets forced to do really stupid things by their publishers like Square-Enix, and frankly it's a miracle that their successes have been big enough to keep them afloat through that

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Babylon's Fall is impressive in how badly it failed.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    yeah i read it had like...12 active players on steam?

at launch it had something like 1200 concurrent players, and it only went down from there
    r0dqu9p4fpcu.png

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    please folks beware luigi boards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15nNY7uofNw

• Options
    Magic Pink wrote: »

releasing it on one console maybe wasn't the best idea then?

My understanding is that Bayo 2 and 3 wouldn't exist without Nintendo's funding.

• Options
    edited September 2022
    that is correct, that's why Bayo is a nintendo exclusive now, they paid for it

babylon's fall, however, was paid for by Squeenix, so ask them about the platform decisions

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Nintendo has been funding a lot of Platinum's most fun projects. (see: Astral Chain)

But Platinum is oftentimes just as responsible for their whiffs as their hits so I can only imagine what ratio of Platinum and of publisher meddling happened to make Babylon's Fall come out the way it did.

• Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    that is correct, that's why Bayo is a nintendo exclusive now, they paid for it

babylon's fall, however, was paid for by Squeenix, so ask them about the platform decisions

Square is fuckin mercenary when it comes to platform exclusivity decisions. You give them a bag of honey roasted peanuts and they'll make your game exclusive for years bro.