As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Perfect World] A very pretty free MMO you should check out if you're into free stuff

• SegSeg Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Turvez is my ingame character right now, WingElf Priest.

I got these two quests from the Bank guy and have no real idea of where to find the items he wants. The extra storage would be nice but it can wait.

Seg on
  • ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The one to collect a bunch of items can be done as you go, the other... well you wont be able to do it till you have a lot of monies.

Arthil on
    PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • NidaNida Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    The bank quest items won't really show up in drops until you move onto a higher level area... about 5-10 levels higher than the level you got the quest at. It's kind of odd. The drops become a lot more frequent though as you move along. You can always buy them from other players, but its easy enough to hold off until you end up getting them while fullfilling other quests.

Nida on
  • KaseiusKaseius Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    This is pretty fun so far. I'm going around cutting the shit out of sissy monsters with dual axes while having a mohawk like some kind of badass.

Kaseius on
    www.youtube.com/user/kaseius -- Let's Plays
  • DigitoDigito Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is there any kind of forced specialization in a paticular kind of weapon or something? Or are you pretty much free to use whatever weapons you feel like smiting everything with?

Digito on
    edited February 2008
    Well... for the most part yes. Though there are some restrictions, like only Elf Archers can equip ranged weapons and that its kind of silly for a warrior to run around with a staff/mage sword. Other than that yes, smack things with what you'd like.

Arthil on
  • METAzraeLMETAzraeL Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I was wondering about the dual weapons - is the amount of hits per second given in the stats for both combined, or for each individually? Do they do two times the damage given in the stats, or is that the sum?

METAzraeL on

dream a little dream or you could live a little dream
    sleep forever if you wish to be a dreamer
    edited February 2008
    Its kind of funny actually, it seems the duel-weapons are actually slow. 0.80 means you don't even hit once per second, but my one-handed sword is 1.40, so I hit nearly twice every second. ._. Its weird but yeah a duel weapon is just one weapon speed.

Arthil on
  • PikaPuffPikaPuff Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    so the torrent version isn't working for me. I guess I'll crash my computer one last time trying before I spent the night downloading a direct version.

PikaPuff on
    jCyyTSo.png
    edited February 2008
    I got it very smoothly from Filefront, I think it had two different types from there, a full download or a ten part one.

Arthil on
  • Cynic JesterCynic Jester Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Arthil wrote: »
    Its kind of funny actually, it seems the duel-weapons are actually slow. 0.80 means you don't even hit once per second, but my one-handed sword is 1.40, so I hit nearly twice every second. ._. Its weird but yeah a duel weapon is just one weapon speed.

I thought it was number of seconds per attack, not attacks per second.

Cynic Jester on
    edited February 2008
    It actually isn't completely clear though I did notice that the one-handed sword I'm using hits faster than the duel swords I had before.

Arthil on
  • Trevor GoodchildTrevor Goodchild Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I'm not entirely sure how to fully operate this korean chat interface, so I'll just ask here, anyone on currently that can invite me to the guild? I'm Haderen, WingElf Archer.

Trevor Goodchild on
  • ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    My first character is Rashad, old Asian man Warrior dude with big hammers (I swear that's not a euphemism for big balls...:winky:). I'll probably roll a furry pretty soon, too.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • SelnerSelner Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Finally got the download to work properly. Unpacked it and installed it this morning.

It was patching when I left the house for work. So hopefully I'll be able to play when I get home :) .

And question about all the cool looking mounts. Are the things like sword-mounts some kind of uber-leet thing? or are they extremely expensive?
    Just curious how common they are, or if I can look forward to weeks of grinding to get one.

And I really like playing pet classes in other games. But it looks like Perfect's pet class is the Werefox. Not sure I can play a female furry.

Selner on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Selner wrote: »
    Finally got the download to work properly. Unpacked it and installed it this morning.

It was patching when I left the house for work. So hopefully I'll be able to play when I get home :) .

And question about all the cool looking mounts. Are the things like sword-mounts some kind of uber-leet thing? or are they extremely expensive?
    Just curious how common they are, or if I can look forward to weeks of grinding to get one.

And I really like playing pet classes in other games. But it looks like Perfect's pet class is the Werefox. Not sure I can play a female furry.
    Nida got hers to look like a demon girl, she doesn't look anything like a furry. ^^

I've updated the OP to have the names in alphabetic order.

Aldo on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Still changes into a fox, though...

Frosteey on
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, the options for Werefox are bunny girl, fox girl, cat girl, I think it's supposed to be a dragon girl (dragon/mutant elt like head antlers), and demon girl. Like Frosteey said though, if you transform, they all still transform into a fox.

I think I remember seeing someone here mention earlier they like playing elves, but would have prefered not having to be the WingedElf Archer (a warrior instead I think?). Well, just figured I'd point out real quick that in the character customization options for ears, you can set them to elf ears on any race (aside from Werebeast) 8-)

Nida on
    edited February 2008
    Nida wrote: »
    Yeah, the options for Werefox are bunny girl, fox girl, cat girl, I think it's supposed to be a dragon girl (dragon/mutant elt like head antlers), and demon girl. Like Frosteey said though, if you transform, they all still transform into a fox.

I think I remember seeing someone here mention earlier they like playing elves, but would have prefered not having to be the WingedElf Archer (a warrior instead I think?). Well, just figured I'd point out real quick that in the character customization options for ears, you can set them to elf ears on any race (aside from Werebeast) 8-)
    But then you're not a /real/ elf. Durr. :P

Aldo on
    edited February 2008
    Right right D;

Nida on
    edited February 2008
    I saw this NPC appear on the minimap, so I just had to see what he was all about~vanhelsing.jpg

Those are some epic flame pants.

*edit: and why does he get to have a cape? D: I want a cape, damn it!

Aldo on
    edited February 2008
    I was a bit disappointed with the werebeasts, besides the fact that you can be a panda. I mean, cmon, how the hell do they not allow customizing fur colour?

METAzraeL on

edited February 2008
    Okey dokey, I'm in a playing.

Went ahead and made a werefox, as I want a pet dammit! :)

Selnessa is the char name, running around with my scorp pet.

Trying to do tailoring for kicks and giggles. But, where do you get cotton thread? I don't see the option to make it, and I haven't found a merchant selling it yet.

Selner on
    edited February 2008
    Selner wrote: »
    Okey dokey, I'm in a playing.

Went ahead and made a werefox, as I want a pet dammit! :)

Selnessa is the char name, running around with my scorp pet.

Trying to do tailoring for kicks and giggles. But, where do you get cotton thread? I don't see the option to make it, and I haven't found a merchant selling it yet.
    monster drop. You can probably get it from the Auction House or the player shops as well.

Aldo on
    edited February 2008
    Has anyone figured out how to hide the UI? I want to take some proper screenshots.

Aldo on
  • HallowedFaithHallowedFaith Call me Cloud. Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Alt + H

HallowedFaith on
    I'm making video games. DesignBy.Cloud
  • sidhaethesidhaethe Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Also, if you hit F9 you can position/zoom the camera just so for those pretty still-life portraits, which comes with a "hide the gui" and "printscreen" button.

sidhaethe on
    edited February 2008
    oh nice. Thanks folks

HallowedFaith, are you in the guild yet?

Aldo on
  • HarshLanguageHarshLanguage Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I started a character early this morning. WE archer, but I'll probably remake her. Got a couple levels, which went faster after I discovered a much better bow was somehow hiding in my inventory (no idea how it got there). Bow killing speed seemed slow even with the upgraded bow... but of course I have no melee or magic characters to compare to yet. And these were just the very first few tutorial mobs.

Does run or fly speed ever get faster? It felt like my char was slogging through molasses in "run" mode. Fly was a touch better, but still not fast at all.

HarshLanguage on
    QSwearing_trans_smooth_small.gif
    > turn on light

Good start to the day. Pity it's going to be the worst one of your life. The light is now on.
    edited February 2008
    I started a character early this morning. WE archer, but I'll probably remake her. Got a couple levels, which went faster after I discovered a much better bow was somehow hiding in my inventory (no idea how it got there). Bow killing speed seemed slow even with the upgraded bow... but of course I have no melee or magic characters to compare to yet. And these were just the very first few tutorial mobs.

Does run or fly speed ever get faster? It felt like my char was slogging through molasses in "run" mode. Fly was a touch better, but still not fast at all.
    I'm lev20 and everything is pretty slow, I usually just use the teleporters to travel between towns. You do get faster wings later on and you can get mounts, not sure when exactly.

Aldo on
    edited February 2008
    monster drop. You can probably get it from the Auction House or the player shops as well.

Ah, yeah, I started finding a couple, not very many though. I did proceed to make myself a nice vest and pants though.

Curious though, a bunch of the random loot says it is good for some "Dragon Quest" or something. That anything I should be worried about.

And is most of the dropped loot junk and sellable stuff? I see that some of it is for Banker quests, but most of it doesn't seem to have a purpose.

Selner on
    edited February 2008
    A lot of it doesn't have a purpose though that depends upon your profession. Some of the stuff you find is good, if it has a blue name then it generally might be useful. You just need to visit an Elder to have its stats revealed to you. Also most necklaces/rings you get have useful stats on them, especially the rings which will have +Physical/Magic damage.

Arthil on
  • SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    I made an elf priest named Entaru. I just dinged 5 and am going to pick up jewel crafting.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Haven't been able to get on lately but I will this weekend

Typhus733 on
    edited February 2008
    Yeah, I expect to be on tomorrow.

METAzraeL on

• ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Is there a way to actually view your helmet?

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
    edited February 2008
    but it would cover up my guy's hot makeup

METAzraeL on

edited February 2008
    Sadly no there isn't. Helmet and cloak graphics don't show up D:, which seems kind of silly to me. Of course you have to keep in mind... the game isn't actually -done- yet.

Arthil on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited February 2008
    Arthil wrote: »
    Sadly no there isn't. Helmet and cloak graphics don't show up D:, which seems kind of silly to me. Of course you have to keep in mind... the game isn't actually -done- yet.

It better not be. I can't sit down in fox form. How the hell does this game get 'released' in such a shoddy state?

Frosteey on
    edited February 2008
    Well you've got to understand that it is a free MMO, generally they don't start out with everything put it.

Arthil on