As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• fortyforty Registered User regular
    I made my dad legend climb right before the expansion hit. I ended up succumbing to all the Beast Hunters I kept running into that would seemingly wreck me every time while trying to climb with Aggro Druid and spent about 5k dust crafting in order to play it myself (I skipped Ichman because I was spending enough dust already and he didn't really seem crucial).

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Beast Hunter has like a 60% win rate in all regions right now. Its very oppressive

• AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    Good. I'm currently rocking Dragon Steal Priest and it's great against it.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
    kczm65s0vrub.png
    I just noticed this. Kurtrus has been around for a long time, so I wonder how long that text has been wrong...

• surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I made my dad legend climb right before the expansion hit. I ended up succumbing to all the Beast Hunters I kept running into that would seemingly wreck me every time while trying to climb with Aggro Druid and spent about 5k dust crafting in order to play it myself (I skipped Ichman because I was spending enough dust already and he didn't really seem crucial).

whats dad legend is it like dad bod

obF2Wuw.png

Dad legend is Diamond 5 and isn't really connected to dad bods beyond the word dad.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    It's Dad Legend because actual Legend is super sweaty tryhard mode and takes too much effort

And Diamond 5 gives the best end-of-month rewards outside of hitting Legend (and Legend's rewards are only a slight hair above Diamond 5), so it's Good Enough and is basically the de-facto place to stop grinding

So it's like, yknow. If you're just playing casually and aren't super sweaty because you've got Life and Stuff, you can join all the other hard working Dads at Dad Legend

Congrats, you're a Dad now. Here's your grill, your lawnmower, and a Certified Book of Dad Jokes.

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    dibby what are you still posting for. be free

liEt3nH.png
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular

Dad legend is Diamond 5 and isn't really connected to dad bods beyond the word dad.

people may not like it, but this is peak performance

obF2Wuw.png
  • YiliasYilias Registered User regular

I haven't logged in since like August 4th, but I am today to get my September cardback.

The hooks are deep in us.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I haven't paid attention to Hearthstone for weeks (maybe a couple of months, even), and I logged in yesterday to get the new mini-set. The first thing I noticed were the Runestones; guess they finally added a premium currency, huh? In a way, it's impressive that they held out for so long!

There was always a premium currency, it just happened to be U.S. dollars or the currency of your region.

even IKSAR got out!

liEt3nH.png
  • DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    There was always a premium currency, it just happened to be U.S. dollars or the currency of your region.
    True in one sense, but the point of a premium currency is to put a layer of indirection between you and your money, because humans are very bad about thinking through those layers of separation, and the more layers there are between humans and actual hard cash, the more likely they are to spend it willy-nilly.

• DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular

Sometimes I like to pop into the thread for nostalgia

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
    Dibby wrote: »

Sometimes I like to pop into the thread for nostalgia

yeah i've seen the shambling corpse of the hots thread

liEt3nH.png
  • Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    Hit legend for the first time this morning! Even totem shaman in wild is a hell of a deck. It's always bothered me that I've played Hearthstone on and off since beta and never made legend, so this feels nice. And I wasn't sure I'd be able to take a run at legend this month, because covid knocked me out for a while there, so extra-nice.

... And tomorrow I get to do this all over again!

The amount of stall a Renethal mage has at this point, even with the Sanctum nerf, is fucking absurd. Might as well auto-concede if you're playing a minion based deck.

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    This was a fun game. Better not send any novice adventurers to deal with those rats, they'll go berserk and nuke Stormwind.

ettr8p7wyo0b.jpg

Renethalstone.

• The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    This has been doing some nice work today. I finally broke down and crafted the Countess and regret nothing.

Sure, it's a little RNG, but 0-cost Najaks to yank Mountain Bears out of the way and on your side are a fantastic seasonal gift, so remember to reserve yours with our staff at reception.

### 555-PURE
    # Class: Paladin
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
    # 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
    # 2x (2) Class Action Lawyer
    # 2x (2) Order in the Court
    # 2x (2) Seafloor Savior
    # 2x (2) Soldier's Caravan
    # 2x (3) Jury Duty
    # 2x (3) Muckborn Servant
    # 1x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
    # 2x (3) Warhorse Trainer
    # 2x (4) Buffet Biggun
    # 2x (4) Dun Baldar Bridge
    # 2x (4) Stand Against Darkness
    # 1x (5) Elitist Snob
    # 1x (7) The Countess
    # 1x (8) Lightforged Cariel
    # 2x (9) Lightray
    #
    AAECAZ8FBOCLBPmkBIbiBLnkBA3K8QPHoATJoATKoATnuATi0wTa2QSA4gS/4gTA4gTB4gTM4gTy7QQA

Bridge + Order in the Court on 6 is usually a free 7/7 Taunt with another on the way next turn and then Cariel curves right in.

Edit: BRING ME ALL THE HUNTERS IN THE LAND

a13abjgc60r6.png

The Judge on
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
    edited October 2022
    200 B.net friends list limit in 2022. Fucking sad.

I want to see what the post-loss friend request people have to say.

forty on
    Lightning struck again:
    wkomtxae4y4d.png

I play battlegrounds nearly everyday and I feel like I'm going crazy because I don't recognize that third minion...

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    I play battlegrounds nearly everyday and I feel like I'm going crazy because I don't recognize that third minion...

Its her golden buddy. You can get the buddy quest if all heroes in the lobby have a buddy existing (and even then it's rare)

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I've never hit legend, probably because I'm not very good, but I also don't spend a ton of time with this game and grind is not really worth the card back to me. I did get this milestone last week though.

sns8vjsnh69u.jpeg

Battletag: Threeve#1501; PSN: Threeve703; Steam: 3eeve
    Patch Notes are up

Theotar to 5-mana
    Stag Spirit goes to 4/3 (loses1/1)
    Bear Spirit goes to 2/4 (loses 0/1)
    Harpoon Gun reduces a Beast by 2 instead of 3

Funny enough that allows Theo to be used with Vanndar. Theo is still gonna be used everywhere.

This knocks Hunter down a peg or two but it will still be good.

I feel like Mage or Warlock will probably be top dog with these nerfs. They were already strong contenders only slightly beaten out by Hunter's overall power and consistency, and only the Renethal variant of Spooky Mage tended to play Theotar so the slight tempo hit to Theo barely touches them.

• GoodKingJayIIIGoodKingJayIII They wanna get my gold on the ceilingRegistered User regular
    I don't see this changing hunter much, who just spam the board with shit over and over again.

It does stop the Gun-on-3, Mountain Bear-on-4 move.

I think forty has the right idea - Mage is going to bump up with the changes.

edited October 2022
    It's not gonna nuke Hunter like they did Control Warrior a while back, but I think the aggregate effect of it all will shave its win% enough that it won't be the "best" deck like it is now.

forty on
  • ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    I wouldn’t have minded a nerf to tavish, I really hate getting super counterspelled, boardwipe’d and/or pyroblasted for 6 mana.

The other day a Paladin dropped the Jailer into my Objection! and honestly I felt guilty about it.

tf408to5gw2a.png

Easy Dad Legend with this aggressive/midrange Palladin list

### Ordering some dudez
    # Class: Paladin
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
    # 2x (1) Sinful Sous Chef
    # 2x (2) Class Action Lawyer
    # 2x (2) Order in the Court
    # 2x (2) Seafloor Savior
    # 2x (2) Soldier's Caravan
    # 2x (3) Alliance Bannerman
    # 2x (3) Jury Duty
    # 1x (3) Stewart the Steward
    # 2x (3) Stonehearth Vindicator
    # 2x (3) Warhorse Trainer
    # 2x (4) Buffet Biggun
    # 2x (4) Dun Baldar Bridge
    # 1x (7) The Countess
    # 1x (7) The Leviathan
    # 1x (8) Lightforged Cariel
    # 2x (9) Lightray
    #
    AAECAcreBQTgiwSwsgSG4gTC4gQNyvED8PYDx6AEyaAE+aQE57gE4tME2tkEv+IEwOIEweIEzOIE8u0EAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

The boards this creates is insane!

See my profile here!
    Gotta say, Soldiers caravan into Warhorse Trainer is game ending

See my profile here!
    The best part of every expansion is after I've hit level 100 and don't have to keep going back to the track to click rewards.

https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23852693
    New Battlegrounds "feature": Pay 10 bucks for the privilege of being able to unlock cosmetics. So... basically a smaller battle pass?

• reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    https://hearthstone.blizzard.com/en-us/news/23852693
    New Battlegrounds "feature": Pay 10 bucks for the privilege of being able to unlock cosmetics. So... basically a smaller battle pass?

But they already have the tavern pass?