As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    The conclusion of that quest is pretty good for that too.

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    In Pokemon Sword can you hatch a shiny from an egg?

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    In Pokemon Sword can you hatch a shiny from an egg?

Yes.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YEEDqke-D0

Wow that's a meaty trailer.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Love that evolution. S tier.
    Not a fan of the 1 frame per second stuff in that.
    Yeup, it’s one of them Pokémon games.

I’m really only here for the design team’s efforts though, so I’m happy.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Its got the same boring combat camera as Legends?

Ugh. I want to see close ups of all the cool animations and attack.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile

Yeah, those Sunflora were like laughably bad.

Was there narration in this? I couldn't watch with sound and CC was not enabled but I'm assuming based on how long they lingered on certain things there was someone talking over it.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    Ok, so I love that evolution for Girafarig. I might finally use him.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Sandwich building mini-game definitely makes this the best pokemon yet.

7244qyoka3pp.gif
  • ChallChall Registered User regular
    Talith wrote: »

I'm not ready for the Sandwich Dex though

Okay, I already registered a ham on wheat with lettuce and tomatoes, but now I need to do a ham on wheat with lettuce but no tomatoes.

Also I think this is the first time they confirmed that ANY Pokemon can have ANY Tera Type, but maybe some are more rare? The next Worlds are going to be crazy I expect. Oh you brought out Gastrodon to counter my Groudon? Well guess what now it's a Grass type Groudon. Oh wait now yours is a Fire type Gastrodon

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Chall wrote: »

Okay, I already registered a ham on wheat with lettuce and tomatoes, but now I need to do a ham on wheat with lettuce but no tomatoes.

Also I think this is the first time they confirmed that ANY Pokemon can have ANY Tera Type, but maybe some are more rare? The next Worlds are going to be crazy I expect. Oh you brought out Gastrodon to counter my Groudon? Well guess what now it's a Grass type Groudon. Oh wait now yours is a Fire type Gastrodon

But Earthquake.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Wait, your pokemon can follow you around in this one? And you can send it to go auto-battle some low level mons you got in front of you? What in the fuck, this is amazing

JtgVX0H.png
    edited October 2022
    Dex looks fantastic. Hope we can take pictures for it like in Monster Hunter Rise.

Hate that the rest of the UI looks so incredibly basic though.

Dr. Chaos on
    Darmak wrote: »
    Wait, your pokemon can follow you around in this one? And you can send it to go auto-battle some low level mons you got in front of you? What in the fuck, this is amazing

It looked like during that raid on Team Star you said out three pokemon at once to independently smash through?

edited October 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Darmak wrote: »

It looked like during that raid on Team Star you said out three pokemon at once to independently smash through?

To me it kinda looked like the send out mechanic of Legends: Arceus, only in this instance the Pokemon just auto-battle things nearby instead of initiating a turn-based battle. I'm guessing that's kinda how it will work. (but it could absolutely just send out the three you choose all at once too)

I do really wonder about how this all works from a battle standpoint tho. Like, can your pokemon faint? Does it take damage? (I didn't look close enough to tell but you might be able to figure that out from the trailer) Does it pick rando moves for them to use and then auto-calculate the battle result right away? Do you always auto-win (perhaps under certain conditions like type advantage or level)? Just really curious about how it's acting "under the hood" so to speak.

Warlock82 on
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Hairstyles and eyelashes appear to be non-gender locked.

Also on that sandwich making mini-game.

Where's the ham come from Pokemon?

Where did that ham come from.

WHERE IS LACHONK

Zunde on
    edited October 2022
    Zunde wrote: »
    Hairstyles and eyelashes appear to be non-gender locked.

Also on that sandwich making mini-game.

Where's the ham come from Pokemon?

Where did that ham come from.

WHERE IS LACHONK

Comes from Grumpig obviously.

Polaritie on
  • Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular

agreed. Much better than the curry game.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
    Any mini-game that does not require me to murder a joystick is a win.

Making Poffins in BDSP was horrific on both my hands and joycons

OMG it was the worst. I did it a couple times and then I was like, fuck this. I only rented the game from Gamefly so that basically kept me from messing with the competition stuff too much :P

• ChallChall Registered User regular

I didn't engage with Contests in BDSP at all. I'm not sure if I missed anything but it sure didn't feel like it

• RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Wow, can't believe they revealed that you make sandwiches from pokemon eggs. This is a bold new direction for pokemon!

Contests are just little mini-games the real reward is Ribbons which not everyone cares about.

As a shiny hunter i enjoy the Aesthetic of obtaining ribbons on my pokemon as an added bonus. Like this recent example this is every ribbon except one you can get in BDSP

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular

The FPS problem isn't in the Japanese version of the video, for some weird reason.

• discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Chall wrote: »

Looks like the sandwich type gives bonuses to different mechanics in the game, so I expect it's more tactical than needing to collect every type of bread.

After a few hours of SRing for Palkia after spending almost 8 hours speedrunning the game to reach the point of being able to do that i decided to boot up diamond and do a more involved hunt to celebrate todays trailer and well i see where my luck is popped at radar chain of 14 he has a bright future ahead of him. bjyisr9bq9x3.jpg

edited October 2022
    I really hope the shiny for his new evo looks better. Cuz that's literally just Girafarig with a blue nose :P (seriously there's so many shinies I wish they'd just re-do to not be garbage)

Warlock82 on
  • Andy JoeAndy Joe We claim the land for the highlord! The AdirondacksRegistered User regular
    XBL: Stealth Crane PSN: ajpet12 3DS: 1160-9999-5810 NNID: StealthCrane Pokemon Scarlet Name: Carmen
    Dragon type, beat all three with superior stats :P

Warlock82 wrote: »
    I really hope the shiny for his new evo looks better. Cuz that's literally just Girafarig with a blue nose :P (seriously there's so many shinies I wish they'd just re-do to not be garbage)

Me Soft resetting for Palkia and being paranoid about accidently missing the shiny because the only difference is Shiny Palkia is "Slightly" pinker

edited October 2022
    Not really a fan of how evil teams as a thing seem to be morphing into largely harmless sort of idiots rather than even trying to be real bad guys.

Team Yell was...well, is anyone going to actually remember them? Felt like they were barely even a thing.

Dr. Chaos on
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Not really a fan of how evil teams as a thing seem to be morphing into largely harmless sort of idiots rather than even trying to be real bad guys.

Team Yell was...well, is anyone going to actually remember them? Felt like they were barely even a thing.

I dunno, I think I like it better. I can only tolerate so many world domination plots in pokemon games :P (gens 3-6 really went off the rails with that stuff) Team Skull is still and probably will always be my favorite.

It mostly seems to split up the antagonist role between groups it makes sense to be low stakes, early story chumps and then more serious stuff later. Team Yell in the abstract makes a lot of sense with them being based on actual sports fan(atic)s, but you're right that they're not really impactful to the game's story as much. Marnie was fun though.

Team Skull was more noticeable in that regard I think?

Yell was fine in theory, because on the cutting room floor their purpose was to be cover for the actual villainous group [please insert game events here p.s please let us finish it].

I’ve said it for ages, but I think pokemon’s vibe would work better as a series of episodes than one long, shallow story. Gimmi a bunch of low stakes villains and natural hazards and cartoony mysteries to solve.

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    This is deffo a weird ask, does anyone have a Spinda in BDSP, apparently they decided don't need to let that one transfer from Home. I guess the spots would be too much of a pain to figure out. It's the last one I need for a shiny charm, exclusive to swarms, and I wanna breed a shiny Girafarig.

edited October 2022

I dunno, I think I like it better. I can only tolerate so many world domination plots in pokemon games :P (gens 3-6 really went off the rails with that stuff) Team Skull is still and probably will always be my favorite.
    The problem with this idea for me is that they have no bite. Team Yell is just...there.

Team Skull is the best example of how you do this and still give them an edge. Guzma didn't have designs on world domination but he was absolutely still an actual threat despite his crew's self parodying gangsters. They were idiots but they still felt like actual nemesis.

Dr. Chaos on
    Sword/Shield is missing big chunks of game in many areas yes.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i think team yell is one of my favorite pokemon villain teams though

skull > yell > magma/aqua = rocket > ...everyone else.

edited October 2022

The problem with this idea for me is that they have no bite. Team Yell is just...there.

Team Skull is the best example of how you do this and still give them an edge. Guzma didn't have designs on world domination but he was absolutely still an actual threat despite his crew's self parodying gangsters. They were idiots but they still felt like actual nemesis.

I liked Team Yell enough but I understand what you mean. But I dunno, it's only one team. They already had Team Flare as like the lamest "evil organization" team ever in X&Y :P Maybe Yell was just one of those things :P I dunno how Team Star is gonna be but at the same time it feels more in line with the whole school thing they're going for. Honestly it was always kind of weird you had 9 year olds defeating mafia bosses :P

Warlock82 on
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »

It mostly seems to split up the antagonist role between groups it makes sense to be low stakes, early story chumps and then more serious stuff later. Team Yell in the abstract makes a lot of sense with them being based on actual sports fan(atic)s, but you're right that they're not really impactful to the game's story as much. Marnie was fun though.

Team Skull was more noticeable in that regard I think?

Yes, basically the thing is, it was never *possible* to take Team Rocket seriously because, like, you spent the entire game smacking them around with no effort while they flailed around comedically. So then Giovanni came in and had three text boxes and you're like "okay, a) who are you, and b) dude, you're not some kinda bigshot mafioso, you run a clown circus, now fuck off". Cyrus has this grand plan to kill the world and you're having trouble taking him seriously because you kinda were punting around his bowlcut minions by the second gym.

Splitting "the guys you spend most of the game clowning on" and "the actual villains" lets the villains actually have a little bite while letting you still have some funny clowns to smack around. Again, a solid idea SuMo had, in this regard. The Skulls are dumb as a bag of bricks (though still not the dumbest team in Pokemon - that honor goes to Aqua and Magma, who are too stupid to realize their plan is basically just the P-T extinction with extra steps. Like, at least the other world-end villains know they're blowing up the world, they just think that's awesome) and even Guzma feels more like a competent doof than a villain - but then you can have Lusamine, who *is* an actual villain and feels like one.

Like, Rose is not a good villain, by a long shot, but Rose and Oleana are still better than anything Team Rocket ever managed!

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.