As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DFO] Dungeon Fighter Online Global - 2nd Awakenings! M.Slayer, F.Mage out

1151617181921»

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    So they're changing it up with the next cap, but the gear you got from the ghent uniques is WAY better than what you had before.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    KamarKamar Registered User regular
    edited July 2022
    Huh, neat, this questline about this cult is apparently quite different for Dark Templar. Immediately ditch the church NPCs and jump ahead doing stuff solo where they end up heading. Sneaking around the edges of the story talking to the other members of the Usir Order.

You play the role of the shady NPC showing up for cutscenes and delivering exposition then fucking off. You somehow maintain plausible deniability despite not trying to hide all your intimate knowledge of the situation and the Usir peeps calling you Nemesis after you save them with your big purple Nemesis awakening attack. Lucille realizes what's up, but Oberith either doesn't or plays dumb really well.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Interesting. I haven't done any F. Slayer story stuff, so that's cool.

I'm very curious what other story stuff is class based. I know there're some lines when you go to ghent initially as a Gunner, and F. Mage gets some lines with Kate when you see her, but unsure about others.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    Interesting. I haven't done any F. Slayer story stuff, so that's cool.

I'm very curious what other story stuff is class based. I know there're some lines when you go to ghent initially as a Gunner, and F. Mage gets some lines with Kate when you see her, but unsure about others.

There are a lot of little lines here and there when interacting with relevant NPCs. F. Slayer is always glad to see the Empire take an L and is still wondering about ways to murder most of their leadership (and won't join their faction for the Luke stuff), normal priests get polite stuff from other priests, dark priests get a mix of politeness and hostility from other priests, etc., etc.

There are also a lot of little rules for who different subclasses can be friends with using the gift system, i.e. F. Slayer won't touch Empire, certain characters won't be friends with Mistress/Avenger, etc.

From looking around, in terms of bigger things D. Lancers had a unique scenario for Sirocco, but this Dark Templar scenario for Exile Mountains was the first one for a specific subclass.

Kamar on
  • Options
    Cool. I wonder if the 110 stuff will have more story interactions like that. I've been keeping myself very in the dark about the upcoming plot lines.

• Options
    Tonight is the developer stream about the Level 110 cap. I believe it starts at either 9pm or 10pm est. Should be interesting.

• Options
    So the Level 110 cap drops today. There's a lot going on so I'll just link the patch notes here on that.

https://www.dfoneople.com/news/updates/2979/Overview

In essence, this cap is about getting the gear you want, and then powering that gear up. It's relatively easy to get the pieces, so while there is some RNG in getting exactly what you want, you are able to buy specific pieces after a bit of grinding, so it's not that bad.

There's another fast leveling event going on as well, so you can get a new character to level 100, and all the gear you'll need to work to start playing in the new cap.

If you haven't played in a while, now's the time.

• Options
    Servers seem to finally be up, after maintenance kept getting extended.

• Options
    edited July 2022
    I was leveling a demon slayer as my event character and going particularly fast by using my monthly adventurer's club tickets, just using auto allocate until it started to get annoying. Settle in to figure out my skills and set up my keybinds and custom inputs for everything 1-85, and when I finally go to click confirm and lock it in...servers go back down for emergency maintenance.

I very nearly screamed.

edit: Thanks to event leveling and rewards, the Demon Slayer I made today is now level 100 and outgears my other characters by a lot. I also understand what talismans and runes are now, since I had to figure out wtf to do with those reward boxes.

That said, I'm still going through the story with my Dark Templar first. A few more unique scenes for her in the first act.

Kamar on
  • Options
    The dev stream last night revealed that they are giving away the current cera shop package to all players who log in. Need to log in between 7/16 and 7/26 I believe.

• Options
    Color scheme for the giveaway one is a Type E that's all gold and looks kinda gaudy, but you can dye it to look pretty solid. Have my F. Priest looking like this 2fsuj776ab59.png

• Options
    Ah, here's another story detour for (a) specific subclass(es?). For the Black Purgatory act, Mistress suggests moving alone since she can sneak up on imposters undetected. Immediately run into Nilvas, he reveals his identity early, and you run around together for a bit. I assume Avenger would get the same alternate.

• Options
    Kamar wrote: »
    Ah, here's another story detour for (a) specific subclass(es?). For the Black Purgatory act, Mistress suggests moving alone since she can sneak up on imposters undetected. Immediately run into Nilvas, he reveals his identity early, and you run around together for a bit. I assume Avenger would get the same alternate.

Interesting. I haven't played like any of the classes that would have anything cool going on with the current plot lines.

One day we'll go back to pandemonium, and all my F. Mages will get to say things.

• Options
    GeddoeGeddoe Registered User regular
    I stopped playing a couple months ago because my video card died during the heatwave here and the choke is unplayable. I don't have the money to fix it or buy a new computer, so I am probably done for a bit.

• Options
    So far I've gotten 3 classes to 110, and managed to get a full suite of 105s for my Witch and Elementalist. I'm definitely enjoying the build options this time around. There're a lot of options, and figuring out what works and what might be too technically demanding is interesting to do.

• Options
    Tcheldor wrote: »
    So far I've gotten 3 classes to 110, and managed to get a full suite of 105s for my Witch and Elementalist. I'm definitely enjoying the build options this time around. There're a lot of options, and figuring out what works and what might be too technically demanding is interesting to do.

I've been using https://apps.dfcat.net/f105/ to work on a set (bleed) for my Dark Templar, while I'm just sorta going with whatever drops for my other characters. Have F. Crusader and Mistress at 110 and will probably finish Demon Slayer today.

My Enchantress at 105 still feels sorta goofy strong solo, lots of strong, quick attacks with huge coverage.

• Options
    This week's update is pretty small. A weekend event for gold beryls, which you're going to need a lot of anyway, and an event that will get you some kaleido boxes and entry tickets for Noblesse Code and Destroyed Castle of the Dead.

• Options
    Completely forgot that I was really, really enjoying Lightbringer when I was leveling her before. And not just because while she's leveling her resource builder serves as an enormous roomclearing AoE attack with no windup and a 4 second cooldown. Just had to grab some avatars to make her a little less silly looking and I'm gold, might be close between her and my DT for main.

Necromancer is also kinda fun, though she's like the opposite in terms of leveling, windup makes her feel kinda slow at wiping out rooms during the 'everything dies in one hit from your weakest attack' part of the process.

vwn9q2j5cx5a.png

I've been playing a lot, though I'm so unfocused that even my strongest character barely has the fame to get in the door of an advanced dungeon.

• Options
    This week is Meister's Lab, the next end game zone. Should be fun.

• Options
    New leveling event this week that gets you to current end game of including pets/titles etc.

Good opportunity to try out something new and have it ready for use.

• Options
    Well, I haven't posted in here in a year, but I've been playing for the past year.

Two new classes, Muse and Traveler were added in the past year, so if you want to shoot a bow with explosives, or use music to buff, have fun with that.

We have plenty of new raid and other content at max level, and a new leveling event around the corner.

• Options
    Might dip in as my 'MMO I'm catching up on' after I get through another expansion or two of ESO.

• Options
    Hit me up when you do. @Kamar

• Options
    Looks like next week is the next content drop, which is the revamping of insignias. They will be tied to a new legion dungeon, Code Name: Gaebolg. Insignias will be account-wide and upgraded based upon gear you get from the content. Guilds are being revamped a bit as a result as well. We're also getting buffs to a couple dozen classes, and a revamp to pet artifacts, which will give stats to players. These will be buyable in lowest tier at an NPC and higher tiers by a new dungeon.

Finally, new leveling event and some free goodies.