As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Pokemon Go] Ultra Beast mode

• urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    9583 3482 6960

Speaking of which I need more friends

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Friend request sent. You'll get another shortly.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Sent!

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Wife's having a bit of a rough day at work. So if you wouldn't mind, could you show a few pics here of your favorite/epic Pokemon Go catches? Would mean a lot, thanks!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    urahonky wrote: »
    9583 3482 6960

Speaking of which I need more friends

I'll add after work :3
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    Wife's having a bit of a rough day at work. So if you wouldn't mind, could you show a few pics here of your favorite/epic Pokemon Go catches? Would mean a lot, thanks!

Also same :3 And hopefully things turn out better for her soon :) Always bummed to hear someone is having a rough time for any reason because I totally know what that's like.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Not a picture but my most epic catch was either Zacian or Zamazenta. Had a great run, one excellent curve ball after another, golden berries all the way, but they didn't even wobble before he broke out. This went on until my last ball.

I set the phone down to breathe and calm down a bit and my kid grabs it, no berry, just throws a straight throw, barely catches the hotbox way outside of the actual model. And he caught it. He then extorted me for a happy meal.

Hevach on
    I'm super happy with this one.

eqxhihntbzds.jpg

edited October 2022
    Don't ask me why but I was bored and made a tier list of megas for this event (assuming you don't want a specific XL candy but just the most bang for your buck):

Mega Slowbro - Poliwhirl/Seadra/Kadabra/Ralts (good mix of decent PvE and PvP mons)
    Mega Gengar - Haunter/Duskull/Litwick/Kakuna (would maybe be better if Haunter spotlight hour and Litwick Community Day weren't literally next week... also the other two are meh)
    Mega Steelix - Rhyhorn/Swinub/Helioptile (the steel typing gets totally wasted but Rhyperior and Mamoswine are top tier mons)
    Mega Aerodactyl - Rhyhorn/Pidgeotto/Scyther (decent assortment)
    Mega Pidgeot - Pidgeotto/Scyther/Eevee (could arguably be better if you value Eevee over Rhyhorn :P)
    Mega Charizard Y - Pidgeotto/Scyther/Litwick (again, would be great if not for Litwick Community Day being a better time to farm)
    Mega Beedrill - Kakuna/Haunter/Scyther (woo?)
    Mega Amphiros/Mega Manectric - Tynamo/Helioptile (literally the only megas that get Tynamo but they're only getting one type here)
    Everything else - Only gets one type which is already covered by something above that gets multiple types, or flat out gets no types.

Incidentally Mega Swampert would probably be the best choice if he was in the game. Water/Ground hits Poliwhirl/Seadra/Rhyhorn/Swinub/Helioptile. Doh! A lot of megas get really screwed by the lack of steel, dark, grass, fighting and dragon types in this spawn pool. (also jesus I feel dragon/dark/fighting/psychic are way overrepresented in the mega pool)

Again, no idea why I made this. I was bored :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
    Sent!
    MNC Dover wrote: »

No picture but last year I managed to catch a shiny, high-stat Charizard in the wild outside of any kind of event.

Then there was the time I did a Mewtwo raid day and somehow caught five of them each on the first ball. By the last one I was starting to question reality. Made up for the time it took me 12 raids to catch my first Zapdos!

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Obligatory
    s4vnxxo4b6c1.jpg

These are a couple of my favorites
    tm5egm6vmgx8.png
    x8gv6ddvrvkg.png

xjphxv780ou7.png

My very first poke genie raid ever!

Can't forget to show off Dolph.

7x9g7gqvtytr.jpg

She loved the pics and stories. Keep ‘em coming.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited October 2022
    Oh man, that does remind me, I hope heatran comes back. I could almost never find raids for him back in the day so the like two I got both sucked.

Edit: OK, I won Mega Gyarados raid day
    55rd6bp3bd0a.png

Warlock82 on
    5 Gyarados' today and 2 shinys. Not too bad!

I got a bunch of shitty 2* Garys, ClutzyMari got some nice 3* and finally got her Shiny.

The local facebook group is spreading the thing that wasting 12 balls before trying to catch a Galarian bird will increase the catch chances.

That's absolute bullshit, right? This game has been a magnet for urban myths over the years, plus this sounds like an effective troll.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    I don't know about wild pokemon, but raid/reward pokemon (where you have a limited number of premier balls to use) absolutely get slightly easier to catch with each ball thrown.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Looks like the original research on Silph road only found the increase in catch rate on raid reward Pokemon, and not wild catches.
    But it's not like Galarian birds were out then, and how much do you need 10 pokeballs anyway.

Hmmmmmm... Sounds like something I'd try.

cloudeagle wrote: »
    The local facebook group is spreading the thing that wasting 12 balls before trying to catch a Galarian bird will increase the catch chances.

That's absolute bullshit, right? This game has been a magnet for urban myths over the years, plus this sounds like an effective troll.

I've heard this a few times and I'm very much inclined to say it's bullshit.

edited October 2022
    Dang, out all night and not a single Kangaskhan mega energy research task T_T I'm pretty sure I'm not hitting 200 energy before this event is over. Boo. Hopefully there's more opportunities in the near future (either research or just putting it in raids). At least I got Altaria mega evolved. That was the big one since it's the only way to get a mega Fairy type ATM. Also putting it as a buddy to get more mega energy, I am liking the 1k candy distance. This will help a lot with my stupid level 45 special research that requires me to get 45 buddy candies.

Also side note, have actually been dipping my toes into PvP lately. Mostly just cuz we got that free Battle Pass or whatever it was called that awards a ton of stardust for just doing pvp matches. I've actually been doing pretty ok! I'm up to rank 13 I think. Dialga is just so good in Master League, damn. I wish mine had two attacks, but I spent 100,000 stardust to give Mewtwo an extra attack instead (I taught him Shadow ball, might as well give my main Mewtwo both of his elite moves... it'll be nice in PvE too so it seemed worth it). Still not quite sure who to slot into the third slot. I've tried different things. Last night I was using Dragonite since I kind of dumbly put Malmetal in a gym :3 He was actually working out kind of ok. I really need a damn answer to Togekiss tho :/ Right now my answer is "hope Mewtwo can deal with him cuz my two dragons kind of suck at it." I've also been experimenting with Kyogre and Origin Giratina but they seem less good (maybe if they had a second charge attack). I'd try Zacian but mine isn't that high level at the moment :/ (that might ultimately be the way to go tho)

Warlock82 on
    Oh yeah, this is what we want to see:
    9k4nfjsnph8w.png

edited October 2022
    Dang, was 3 Mega Kangaskhan tasks away from being able to mega evolve it T_T Should have gone out Sunday. Ah well, it's a garbage mega and not like it covers a type I'm missing. So I'll just have to wait for it to come around again. Sucks tho, was only 70 energy away :(

Did end up with like 200,000 stardust after spotlight hour. Woo! Gave my Dialga a second move so now all my PvP Master League team has two moves. Hate that it cost freaking half of that stardust :/ Should also have enough gastly XL candy to get one of my hundos to level 50 (not all of them, I checked and it will use up most of my XLs just to get *one* there... tho it's still so weird that I have three hundo Gengars...). Also while out I hatched a hundo magikarp because I guess the shundo Gyarados I got on Mega Gyarados day wasn't enough hundos? :P (I'm hesitant to evolve it ATM in case there's some future community day move or something)

Hyped for Litwick community day this weekend tho! :D

Warlock82 on
    edited October 2022
    Yaaaasss

NOIBAT CANDIES! I needs! (also shiny Noivern is sick) Also finally my chance to get a damn Galarian Yamask. Someone on my friends list has been taunting me with their buddy Runerigus for months now :P

Edit: Wooo Mega Absol energy in research tasks too! I hope part 2 has Mega Houndoom :3

Edit 2: Oh shit, higher chance of shiny Noibat from 7k eggs? Sign me up!

Warlock82 on
    Are they just appearing in eggs, or will there be more Noibats in the wild?

• GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Are they just appearing in eggs, or will there be more Noibats in the wild?

Noibat isn't listed in the pokemon appearing more frequently so it's probably mostly eggs. They want to milk some incubators...

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Gasp! That pumpkaboo lamp pose...
    Guess I'm buying some research

In person? I guess fuck all those who aren't near major cities lol

OTOH, I might actually catch a raid if there's only three raid times.
    So maybe keep that and make them remote too.

They finally releasing info on the Elite Raids, huh? It's hard knowing shit about PGO and not being able to spill the beans.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    It never stops being weird seeing pokemon humans drawn in a western art style, does it?

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular

Sword and Shield already had this shit figured out. For a group to fight a raid together, they didn't have to be at the exact same den, they just had to be at any den for the same species and the game would sort it out from there. The raid egg just has to be an on-ramp for a queue system.

Hevach wrote: »

Sword and Shield already had this shit figured out. For a group to fight a raid together, they didn't have to be at the exact same den, they just had to be at any den for the same species and the game would sort it out from there. The raid egg just has to be an on-ramp for a queue system.

They could do it, but Niantic has some weird stupid love for in person raiding so it's not surprising at all they made it annoying

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Niantic hates me so much
    and damn i walked for 90 minutes and only found 3 shiny Litwicks. at least i'm less than a mill from reaching level 40, finishing then super ultra research and getting my BLUE MEW.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    I did a walk to the corner store and got 4 shiny including one just good enough (for me anyways) to evolve

Neat

Local H Jay on
    Niantic hates me so much
    and damn i walked for 90 minutes and only found 3 shiny Litwicks. at least i'm less than a mill from reaching level 40, finishing then super ultra research and getting my BLUE MEW.

*quickly hides my 40 shiny litwicks...* (seriously tho, I wish I could trade some of these to people who got screwed)

BTW, anyone not seeing an elite raid egg? I drove all over for community day and didn't see one anywhere in town. Isn't this thing supposed to be tomorrow? Did they make them stupid rare?