As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

We are canceling the apocalypse! (Final Fantasy XIV)

• Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    This game man. I'm doing the capstone quest for the crafting quests in the Crystarium, then out of nowhere
    9qe4v1ad9uz0.png

it's those damn ninja onions I swear

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    This game man. I'm doing the capstone quest for the crafting quests in the Crystarium, then out of nowhere
    9qe4v1ad9uz0.png

it's those damn ninja onions I swear

Knights, not ninjas. Even if they are sneaky.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    All Saints Wake starts on the 19th
    Rewards are a mad scientist outfit, a caged ghost lamp, and a new eat pumpkin cookie emote

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    2.0's gave you a broom mount, all down hill after that.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Shadowbringers is sending real mixed messages on how important FATEs are supposed to be to the game.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    They're not important, unless you're working on relic weapons, or being completionist about bicolor gemstone trader items

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    SegSeg Registered User regular
    I am glad the Beast Tribe quests moved away from having you do FATEs as one of the daily quests.

• Options
    InterpreterInterpreter Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    McMoogle wrote: »
    2.0's gave you a broom mount, all down hill after that.

Wasn't the flying eyeball with a hat from an All Saints Wake also?

Interpreter on
  • Options
    They're not important, unless you're working on relic weapons, or being completionist about bicolor gemstone trader items

It's particularly notable though how many there are versus how many the game seems to expect you to do in Shadowbringers in particular. I happened to dip into the Coerthas Western Highlands a little while ago for some class quests, and at one point there were eight FATEs spawned at the same time. In Shadowbringers zones, you're lucky to see four. Most of Il Mheg doesn't even have FATEs other than that one big chain.

• Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Yeah I think they just throw a ton of FATES in each zone because it's probably the most low-effort content ever, so why not?

Most of the FATES probably just come from funny quest titles that didn't end up becoming quests.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    I did a fair amount of FATE grinding to level alts from 80-90. They’re really nice specifically when a bunch of other people are also trying to accomplish the same goal, but they fall off hard once you’re past the zeitgeist.

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    doing them after everyone else has maxed out their shared fates is pretty miserable

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    So I’ve been slowly working my way through Eureka, since I figure it’s content I havn’t seen and Krile deserves something nice and I feel like it should sorta be plot relevant due to *gestures at Endwalker*.

Fuck Pagos. Fuck it *so* hard.

Is there any class that doesn’t feel miserable to fight things with in there? I’ve been mostly just using RDM due to having access to a heal as well, but I’ve gotten hosed by cast times before when a mob repops right on top of my face and I get destroyed.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Big goal achieved this week!
    302xvkcec4y7.png
    His name is Buddy.

Evermourn on
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »
    So I’ve been slowly working my way through Eureka, since I figure it’s content I havn’t seen and Krile deserves something nice and I feel like it should sorta be plot relevant due to *gestures at Endwalker*.

Fuck Pagos. Fuck it *so* hard.

Is there any class that doesn’t feel miserable to fight things with in there? I’ve been mostly just using RDM due to having access to a heal as well, but I’ve gotten hosed by cast times before when a mob repops right on top of my face and I get destroyed.

The only relic questline I straightup skipped was Eureka. Super not my jam.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    Eureka is better than Bozja across the board in my opinion. I can't really think of a single thing I thought Bozja did better and plenty that it did worse.

• Options
    Bozja is still the fastest way to level up from 70-80 by far, and maybe even 80-90? At least at EW launch it was

• Options
    The main thing bozja does better than eureka is having fun boss fights that are often chain spawning with a little downtime to kill with fates between them if the zone's actually well populated, plus fun dungeons. Eureka is fucking boring 100% of the time.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Eureka feels nearly impossible if you're new to it and solo, while grouping up makes it feel like it's merely a slog.

Bozja is mostly running fates with whoever is around. Unfortunately it also basically requires a bunch of folks to get anything out of it with any efficiency. But it's way more casual friendly than Eureka, and that counts for a lot with me.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    At least a month ago when I was leveling some jobs, zone 3 in Zadnor usually had at least a small group doing fates. On weekends it could easily be 2-3 full parties.

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Speaking of Bozja, I really wish they'd throw delubrum reginae in group finder.

• Options
    at least it does put you in a queue for it if you talk to the entrance guy, but yeah you might have more luck looking in party finder. I still see groups forming there for it, and you don't really need more than 3 or 4 people to clear since it scales your damage and HP up the less players there are inside, same as in the bozja zone boss fights and dungeons.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    bozja has riding maps. advantage: bozja

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Eureka has Happy Bunnies

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    at least it does put you in a queue for it if you talk to the entrance guy, but yeah you might have more luck looking in party finder. I still see groups forming there for it, and you don't really need more than 3 or 4 people to clear since it scales your damage and HP up the less players there are inside, same as in the bozja zone boss fights and dungeons.

I meant they should throw it into a roulette.

• Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    a friend made a cyberpunk bar and I decided to make some nice pictures in it
    by4tudwlinsc.png
    5yt6oejlbvbh.png
    c2fkqwjnq1nh.png

• Options
    cyberpunk amaurot

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Monetize the amau-rot

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    At what point should I start thinking about houses? I have like 6 million gil floating around right now.

• Options
    jothki wrote: »
    At what point should I start thinking about houses? I have like 6 million gil floating around right now.

Go visit people's houses and see if it awakens the desire for one in you.

Houses don't actually do anything so it's something you can freely not engage with, if decorating doesn't appeal.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    Also you won't be able to get a house.

• Options
    Big goal achieved this week!
    302xvkcec4y7.png
    His name is Buddy.

god damn it we're wearing the same outfit again! we really need to do a photoshoot together or something lmao

SISTERS

(I am also on this same journey re: a Softe Friend as well)

• Options
    SabreMauSabreMau ネトゲしよう 판다리아Registered User regular
    reVerse wrote: »
    Four full servers' worth of housing due to appear at the start of next month. And free transfers into those servers.

• Options
    edited October 2022
    SabreMau wrote: »
    reVerse wrote: »
    Four full servers' worth of housing due to appear at the start of next month. And free transfers into those servers.

and yet you still won't be able to get a house.

*edit* I actually felt like doing some math on this.
    there will be, after november 5, a total of 81 worlds across all servers

assuming the numbers on this page are correct: https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Player_Housing

that means that worldwide, there are

583,200 outdoor housing plots
    • 58,320 Large
    • 136,080 Medium
    • 388,800 small

active player population counts vary; I think there are 40 million subscribed accounts, and estimates of actually active players seem to be around 24 million, with average daily actives hovering around 3 million

so uh

yeah that's some Math. based on simple numbers, your chances of getting a house are Haha Are You Kidding?

Lucid_Seraph on
  • Options
    CaedwyrCaedwyr Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    They just announced a total sales of 27 million copies/paid accounts. This is cumulative unique accounts, not simultaneously subscribed accounts. Estimates for those is more in the 1 to 2 million range last I saw from Lucky Bancho.

Caedwyr on
  • Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    WoW peaked at 11.5 million subscribers and no MMO has ever touched that number.

• Options
    About 1.1 million *characters* have completed the 6.0 MSQ to date, so that's also including alts

• Options
    though 14 does not encourage alts in the way games where you make a new character for each class do

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2022
    Not for that reason, sure, but it encourages alts for different reasons. such as, it literally being cheaper to make a bank alt instead of paying more money per month for extra retainers.

Also server/DC travel and NG+ are all still extremely new, so any alts created before that was introduced aren't just going away. Also to bypass the dumb loot lockout system for doing content with more than just one static group.

Javen on
  • Options
    fair, most of the alts I know of people having are from pre-server travel for visiting/playing with friends reasons

BahamutZERO.gif