As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[amiibos] The Great Restockening is Upon Us. Hie Thee to Target.

• RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    b39r2y7w3paz.jpg

Gamestop came through! I shall call this set "Running Back vs GLaDOS".

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    You know what I wish?

That the newer amiibo didn't have the metal foil in the bottom.

Like... I get it. It's a safety thing to prevent loading data onto them. But... there's a couple I'd love to have kept in their packaging. Not many, but.. a couple.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • plufimplufim Dr Registered User regular
    OH NO I've started buying Animal Crossing amiibo cards

3DS 0302-0029-3193 NNID plufim steam plufim PSN plufim
    steam_sig.png
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The Steve and Alex Smash Bros Amiibo are finally releasing September 9.

No word on the rest (Pyra/Mythra, Sepiroth, and Kazuya, or even if we're getting Sora at all).

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    That took me a minute. I was like "Who the hell is Kazuya?" I forgot they even added that character.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    That took me a minute. I was like "Who the hell is Kazuya?" I forgot they even added that character.

To be fair, there’s almost a hundred characters in the game from every major publisher in video games.

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    I do hope we get the others. Mythra and Sephiroth especially.

On that, I'm a bit surprised they didn't do any amiibos for the new Xenoblade.

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I've long since stopped amiibo collecting and have sold off all of mine except a few from the franchises that are my favorites. Basically I have my Metroid and Pikmin amiibo. Ness and Mega Man still. I also have Shulk.

So the plan now is that Pyra and Mythra should be the last amiibo I buy...hopefully. :D

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I would be surprised if they even keep making amiibo once the Smash series is done.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    I would be surprised if they even keep making amiibo once the Smash series is done.

Maybe, maybe not - we're still getting new Monster Hunter amiibo.

Nintendo seems to be getting more careful with new Amiibo releases, but they're still coming. Of course the big question is whether they'll even work with Switch 2 - that'll be the definitive cutoff if it happens.

Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Splatoon 3 is getting amiibo

5zz16pf6bn33.jpg

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Kazuya was also spotted at the same convention but only got a blurrycam shot.

For Smash that just leaves Pyra and Mythra, along with Sora. Well, assuming Sora's released - Sakurai went on at length in one of the Smash videos about how all of the characters might not get Amibo. Then again in his YouTube videos he went on at length about how it was a potential possibility some videos could be removed due to copyright complaints. Dude may just be cautious, and I'm sure the Sora amiibo production (assuming it's a thing) went on long after he wrapped up Smash.

That Sephiroth one looks friggin huge.

And I think Sakurai is just being cautious. I can't imagine them not doing every character. They even said they were so sure they wouldn't be able to put Sora in Smash but Disney was super gung-ho about it. Considering he isn't explicitly a Disney character (like how he literally has no actual Disney characters appearing with him in the stage, etc) I can't imagine they'd object. It might be a different matter if they had added, say, Mickey Mouse.

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Oh fuck. I think I just realized that I completely missed Min Min. I have no clue how... But checking the last page, it seems she completely went by unnoticed.

Now to check the internet to see her release date.

Edit: Shit, April and in super small quantities? Grrr...

Athenor on
    He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    This may not be a valid option for you, but Min Min is in stock on Amazon Japan.

Here’s the link.

Bit pricey, but that's okay! Thank you so much for bringing that to my attention.

edited October 2022
    Athenor wrote: »
    Oh fuck. I think I just realized that I completely missed Min Min. I have no clue how... But checking the last page, it seems she completely went by unnoticed.

Now to check the internet to see her release date.

Edit: Shit, April and in super small quantities? Grrr...

@Athenor
    https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-min-min-super-smash-bros-series/6501410.p?skuId=6501410&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw-rOaBhA9EiwAUkLV4p70Y2K5fT04bf-47H1Ov1VZMWd_eoUnptxOebkqeqom5qq8WvkoshoCXA4QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Seems to be available at Best Buy :3

Warlock82 on
    edited October 2022
    Damn, it would've been nice if the forum pinged me! Would've saved about the cost of 1 amiibo.

Oh well. Turns out, Amazon Japan can get things here faster than Amazon US can, in some cases!

bhBphzPl.jpg

The details on her are next level, even compared to other later-generation Amiibo!

Athenor on
    edited October 2022
    S
    Damn, it would've been nice if the forum pinged me! Would've saved about the cost of 1 amiibo.

Oh well. Turns out, Amazon Japan can get things here faster than Amazon US can, in some cases!

bhBphzPl.jpg

The details on her are next level, even compared to other later-generation Amiibo!

Doh, I tried to put the ping in there but I guess it didn't work :( But at least you got her! :D

Warlock82 on
    ahhh, ok. Edits don't send notifications. No biggie! Now to hunt down Splatoon 3 amiibo.

ahhh, ok. Edits don't send notifications. No biggie! Now to hunt down Splatoon 3 amiibo.

Doh, I'll have to remember this for the future :/

• TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Black Friday Amiibo deals coming hard and fast at Amazon. Just got Zelda Loftwing and the Metroid dread 2-pack.

Best Buy also having some Amiibo sales.

Amiibo

Taramoor on
    Nintendo just posted a video to social media about upcoming Smash Amiibo.

Sephiroph and Kazuya are coming 1/13/2023. Pyra and Mythra are later in the year, but at least we've seen the figs!

Very cool, but that makes me think we really aren't getting a Sora amiibo.

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Or we getting five sora amiibo
    Could go either way

Kizmitt wrote: »
    Or we getting five sora amiibo
    Could go either way

Sakurai specifically said on one of his Smash presentations that it may be possible that not all fighters will get an Amiibo. Now, that just be him being cautious - he said on his new videos that it's possible any of them could be pulled due to a copyright strike. Plus he likely knew he wouldn't be involved in future Amiibo production, which takes a loooong time.

But on the other hand, it was a legal miracle that Sora's in Smash in the first place, and one of the ownership parties already has a massive merchandising machine.

So, who knows. I'm hopeful but not planning on it.

I really don't see why we wouldn't get a Sora amiibo. Disney seemed pretty keen on him getting into Smash Bros. And it's not like he's Mickey Mouse or something, he's barely even their character. It's entirely possible we won't get one but I'm feeling optimistic about it.

It takes about 2 years for amiibo to be made after the fighter was released, so if we dont hear anything concrete by mid 2024 then I will assume Sora isn't getting an amiibo.

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Target has them now if anyone looking to preorder:

here

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
      edited January 2023
      Only two left to go!
      g8zykd949ana.jpg
      xrjkkc8vhfqm.jpg

TimFiji on
      Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
        Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
        I am so glad I randomly got called out to help the parents today.. because it led to me stopping by Target. And sitting there, on the shelves, completely normal like... were these.

QlYLKyih.jpg

I guess I'd given up on trying to pre-order them after all my Best Buy shenanigans.

... I absolutely love those cards, TimFiji. Just... man, classy as hell.

Nintendo Console Codes
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
        So like a week later Best Buy finally got my Sephiroth amiibo in :P Whatever, not like I was in a crazy rush to use it or anything. Was starting to get worried they'd just cancel the order tho, so glad it showed up.

skeldare wrote: »

Wow, I literally ordered the Sephiroth amiibo right after I posted this and came home to see it was delivered today even though I only picked standard shipping. Sometimes it's nice to live a state away from Nintendo's warehouse.

Nintendo Console Codes
        PM Me if you add me!
        HAIL HYDRA
        My amiibo left nintendo Australia warehouse on 9 Jan and is still in transit.
        Sigh maybe tomorrow

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
        Kizmitt wrote: »
        My amiibo left nintendo Australia warehouse on 9 Jan and is still in transit.
        Sigh maybe tomorrow

I blame the wildlife.

Steam: Polaritie
        3DS: 0473-8507-2652
        Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
        PSN: AbEntropy
        Hooray just had to complain online
        2 or 3 or 7 more to go