As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Golgolfa Returns

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Golgolfa Returns!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Golgolfa Returns

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    This might actually make a golfing game mildly interesting, especially if you really downplayed the golf elements

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    Especially if the crowd was very NOT immune to the environmental effects.

• Options
    FireballDragonFireballDragon Registered User regular
    I would actually pay money for this kind of game. Eat your heart out, bread anime!

• Options
    DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Dark Cloud 2 on the PS2 had a pretty sweet golf minigame, if I recall correctly.

• Options
    DjiemDjiem Registered User regular
    Considering I love Mario Golf but don't care for PGA, I would totally play some crazy fantasy golf game, so long as the gameplay is fun and the courses and visuals look good.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    Golf Story for the Switch makes golf into a 2d RPG. It's still a golf game, and you play a lot of golf using the classic power+aim clicks. But the game also has you use golfing for many many other tasks.

• Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I'm totally on-board for an epic fantasy golf adventure game where golf is just window dressing on an RPG.

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I'm totally on-board for an epic fantasy golf adventure game where golf is just window dressing on an RPG.

Enter the minds of golfers to address their emotional issues in: Parsona

Collect the musical golf clubs to awaken the Wind Fish in: The Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Hunt down the golfing elite in Assassin's Green.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I don't particularly care for either game on its own but I feel like I might put money down for Kingdom Hearts Golf

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Man in the MistsMan in the Mists Registered User regular
    Delzhand wrote: »
    Dark Cloud 2 on the PS2 had a pretty sweet golf minigame, if I recall correctly.

Except for the first area, which will make you want to tear all of your hair out.

• Options
    swaylowswaylow Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Anyone else get faked out by the almost-Tychpo?

It took until my second viewing when sending it to a friend that I realized Ballrog was intentional.

swaylow on
  • Options
    VyolynceVyolynce Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    Golf Story for the Switch makes golf into a 2d RPG. It's still a golf game, and you play a lot of golf using the classic power+aim clicks. But the game also has you use golfing for many many other tasks.

It also lets you acquire clubs that cheat. My favorite was the one that let you skip the ball across water.

• Options
    CrimeRobotCrimeRobot Registered User regular
    For awesome games that take golf as a starting point and then get weird with it, let me give a shout out to Kirby's Dream Course on SNES, currently available with Switch online.

Super fun, wacky game.

"We programmed him to think only of crime!" - Enrico Matassa
  • Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    And since no one else has mentioned it; Cursed to Golf

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    Lucascraft wrote: »

Enter the minds of golfers to address their emotional issues in: Parsona

I assume of course this involves swinging a Cold Iron club at their heads and yelling "FORE!" to start the sequence.

Overkillengine on
  • Options
    Emperor MegamanEmperor Megaman Registered User regular
    That joke would make for a legitimately interesting game.

• Options
    LttlefootLttlefoot Registered User regular
    References
    m1kb64fmeqid.jpeg
    iio6b5aofu4d.jpeg