As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Total War: Warhammer] Skulls for the Skull Throne! (Game 3 out now!)

1789101113»

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    This map was floating around with no source I can find:

[SNIP]

Could be a fan thing or a leak. If it was supposed to be a leak, it looks like Vlad moves to the Marshes of Madness (which would be a shame, I was hoping for a Strigoi character to be there) and Isabella gets sent to Cathay. Most everyone else is in areas you could expect.

Pretty sure it's fan made. Whoever did it doesn't seem to quite realise that the lines are roads and rivers, so some of those icons are placed pretty far off of where we "know" they should be (it has Kairos in Nan Gao and Miao Ying in Turtle Gate, for example) or just weird (why is Belegar in The Black Fortress, home of Drazhoath the Ashen's fell Legion of Azgorh?).

The only one we know, from datamining, is that N'Kari is going to be in Chrace (northern Ulthuan).

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    IMMORTAL EMPIRES Map Blog is up, and it also discusses the Sea Lanes feature. Next blog will discuss the new starting positions for lords.

The Immortal Empires map is basically the one that was datamined a long time ago that has basically everything except Nippon and that one Elf Island that's supposed to be Australia or something I guess?

wh3_dlc_ie_parchment_map_english.jpg

• LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    edited June 2022
    Chupayotl is gone. I wonder if Lokhir has been moved to the Volcanic Islands, or further east to Cathay.

There's also a little Jungles of Chi'an province in south-eastern Cathay. New Wood Elf magic tree maybe?

LordSolarMacharius on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    those empty lands where Ind and Kuresh are sure screams "future DLC factions be here", CA's previous denials be damned

wY6K6Jb.gif
    CA is kind of in a hard spot, where they needed the map to go East enough to include Cathay and South enough for all of Lustria and the Southlands, but those dimensions would put Ind and Khuresh on the map.

So they either didn't include those areas, leaving a big open ocean, made up something else for there, or did what they did here.

Remember that the entire Darklands was on the Mortal Empires map in TW2, but was hidden by fog of war and was just an empty landmass until near the end of the game's lifespan when they finally added a handful of provinces to the southern tip of it.

If Ind and Khuresh are in consideration, it's probably a very long ways down the road (especially since they aren't on TW3's main story map). Chaos Dwarves are definitely next, and Nagash is coming in some fashion that will probably be his own faction as the Undead Legion. Then I'd guess Dogs of War and Hobgoblins might get in the game in some form. Beyond that things get a lot more iffy.

Immortal Empires releases August 23rd.

Some Youtubers also have access to an early access version that doesn't have the Immortal Empires campaign map, but does let them play battles with all the races.

Sigvald can be brought in either the Warriors of Chaos or the Slaanesh army. Same with Sarthoreal being in both WoC and Tzeetch. Archaon now has a mixed lore of magic instead of just Fire. Belakor is also in both Warriors of Chaos and Daemons of Chaos, though on the campaign he will be Warriors of Chaos.

Vlad and Isabella can both be brought as either a lord or a hero. Also in campaign they'll be in control of Drakenhof and Mannfred has been booted down to the Southlands.

CA has been releasing the new Immortal Empire starting positions for each faction as a blog each day, and they've done most of them now. Aside from Vlad/Isabella's unique situation (whichever you pick, the other will be a hero), every legendary lord now has their own faction and start position.

Lastly, the DLC lord pack that will release alongside Immortal Empires had the faction names leak, from which we can infer who all the new lords will be. All four of them are for Warriors of Chaos. Though like Sigvald, you can probably expect them to also be available in their respective Daemon army in multiplayer.
    Faction name is confirmed, lord is speculated but likely.
    • The Ecstatic Legions = Azazel
    • The Fecundities = Festus the Leechlord
    • Legion of the Gorequeen = Valkia the Bloody
    • Puppets of Misrule = Vilitch the Curseling

The Champions of Chaos pack is now available for preorder, and it contains the four legendary lords for the Warriors of Chaos that everyone expected.

We also now know all the Immortal Empires start positions unless a bonus Free Legendary Lord shows up (Boris? Red Duke?).

Youtubers should start showing Immortal Empires content on Friday.

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Is there an agreed upon entry point into the series? I have all three games due to Humble Bundle (first game, Steam), the EGS freebie (second game, Epic), and a code that came with my processor (third game, Steam). I only have Warhammer experience through video games and I have basically zero experience with the Total War game despite owning *cough* all of them up to the first Warhammer (lots of Humble Bundles, I couldn't help myself).

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
    Almost all the content of one gets ported over to the next if you own it, but I think you need them all on the same platform so having the middle one on EGS throws a wrench into things. Each game typically also brought along enough quality of life upgrades that it's worth playing the content on the latest entry you can.

1's only exclusive content is two mini-campaigns related to owning the Wood Elves or the Beastmen DLC. They're very short.

2's main campaign is a story campaign called Eye of the Vortex, but if you own 1 on the same platform then you get a map that combines the Eye of the Vortex map with the first game's map for a mega map. The mega map doesn't have cutscenes or anything like the story map, but each faction has it's own objectives and you can play any faction you own from either game on it. The Eye of the Vortex campaign did not carry over to 3, so it's cutscenes and such are unique to it.

3's main campaign is a story campaign called Realms of Chaos, but if you own all three games on the same platform then you get the ultra map that is almost the entirety of the planet for the setting of Warhammer Fantasy.

3 also has a short tutorial campaign to ease you into things, so could be worth giving that a shot.

• OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    If you have 1 and 3 on Steam then you get to play as 1's factions in the big 3 empires map, so that's cool

All the DLC and stuff you might purchase for 1 also applies to 2, and DLC for both 1 and 2 also applies to 3, but I'm guessing you have to have them via the same storefront

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited October 2022
    Olivaw wrote: »
    If you have 1 and 3 on Steam then you get to play as 1's factions in the big 3 empires map, so that's cool

Did they change that? When announced, it was that you needed to have all three games to get access to Immortal Empires.

And I'd say it's worth clarifying that the DLC you own for TWWI is playable in TWWII... in Mortal Empires. And the DLC you own for TWWI and TWWII is playable in TWWIII... in Immortal Empires. (ie. you can't play Norsca in the Vortex Campaign, or Tomb Kings in The Realm of Chaos Campaign, etc.)

LordSolarMacharius on
    You can use any race you own in custom battles and multiplayer though, regardless of if you have the combined map.

• Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Lars wrote: »
    Almost all the content of one gets ported over to the next if you own it, but I think you need them all on the same platform so having the middle one on EGS throws a wrench into things. Each game typically also brought along enough quality of life upgrades that it's worth playing the content on the latest entry you can.

1's only exclusive content is two mini-campaigns related to owning the Wood Elves or the Beastmen DLC. They're very short.

2's main campaign is a story campaign called Eye of the Vortex, but if you own 1 on the same platform then you get a map that combines the Eye of the Vortex map with the first game's map for a mega map. The mega map doesn't have cutscenes or anything like the story map, but each faction has it's own objectives and you can play any faction you own from either game on it. The Eye of the Vortex campaign did not carry over to 3, so it's cutscenes and such are unique to it.

3's main campaign is a story campaign called Realms of Chaos, but if you own all three games on the same platform then you get the ultra map that is almost the entirety of the planet for the setting of Warhammer Fantasy.

3 also has a short tutorial campaign to ease you into things, so could be worth giving that a shot.

Cool, thank you. That last part means I'll probably start with 3s campaign because I feel like I need a tutorial with some story stuff to ease me in. I can always pick up 2 on a Steam sale if I really get into it.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited April 2023
    Hmm I may need help figuring out the Chorfs. I bleed laborers way too quick to keep things in line, appears it's due to my control getting too crazy but then I'm not sure how to balance out outposts vs factories and...

I like it! It's just too much for my tired brain right now.

Edit: Ha, see I'm tired I didn't see which warhammy thread I was in. But I'll take any advice I can get.

Karoz on
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    I think I’m gonna wait for a sale in the chorfs before I pick them up, tempting as their big demon mechs are, just doesn’t seem like there’s as much value there for the price hike

I’m also curious what other DLC they could possibly add at this point, and whether or not they’ll ever give my scaly lizard boys the glow up that the skaven and vampire counts got

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    I haven't really gotten a chance to sink my teeth into Chaos Dwarfs enough to offer any advice.

As for what future DLC they could add, there are quite a few options. Thanquol is definitely coming for the Skaven at some point. Neferata and Nagash definitely are too, though what race they may be a part of could be up in the air (Nagash may bring his own race as The Undead Legions or something instead of fitting into the existing ones). There are plenty of other misc. lords and units that could be added that aren't quite as guaranteed as those three, though. Cathay is probably getting the other dragon lords and monkey king at some point though.

As for new race packs, Dogs of War seems the most likely in some form (possibly as Southern Realms or maybe even just Tilea). Hobgoblins might have had enough to scrap together a race pack if they hadn't had part of their stuff included with Chaos Dwarfs, but since they did that makes them more unlikely.

For the more far-fetched, there is also the possibility Games Workshop gives them the go ahead to do Ind or Khuresh. Or even Araby I guess.

• Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    Sky Giants

wY6K6Jb.gif
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I am assuming Nagash or Thanquol is LL #100