As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    I think this is more like a heroic brawl, but for bgs. So it's a limited time buy in into a separate player pool.

Edit: also I think it's good that they try other monetization options for bgs. I'm sitting this one out, since I don't care for cosmetics.

Grobian on
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    I didn't see anything to imply you play in a different league. I think it's literally just "pay 10 bucks, get 2 prizes, win 5 more games to get up to 5 more prizes."

• Options
    Crafted Lich Tamsin and Imp King Rafaam and clawed my way to dad legend with non-curse Imp Warlock today.

I was able to get a bit of a win streak for a few games in the middle, but the usual coin toss fiesta meant there was a lot of 1 win 1 loss trudging.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Death Knight rumors were true. New class next expansion, March of the Lich King. Corpses and Runes are class mechanics. Runes are a unique resource for the class (in addition to Mana). Edit: I should note that Runes are more like a deckbuilding restriction than a resource.

Undead as new minion type. Reborn keyword is back and evergreen. Minions can now be dual-tribe (e.g., Patches will be a Demon and a Pirate).

Manathirst keyword: card has an extra effect if you have at least X mana crystals when you play it (doesn't spend the extra crystals).

First neutral spell: Sunwell. Everyone gets it for logging in.

Knights of the Frozen Throne expansion is back in Standard until expansion releases on December 6.

Announcement page is up

fqzwizdz6w96.png

forty on
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    This is a lot to digest.

Wonder if they are going to overpower the hell out of the new class for the first month or two before nerfing it into the ground the way DH went.

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    ready for dks to be a bullshit broken class on launch

i haven't logged into HS in over a month and am probably done with the game, played practically nonstop since 2016 and i've moved on at this point

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    lmao of course signature cards aren't craftable, give us your money and fish those packs you ambulatory wallets

Dual-type is going to be kind of a balance nightmare, but I honestly don't think they really care that much about balance anymore. I'm going to laugh if a meta becomes pirate murlocs or undead murlocs.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I'm down for it.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    Signature cards, more legendaries and cards to collect in total, this is the ultimate whale chum expansion.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i can't imagine that dual type creatures will be big enough a payoff to justify splitting your deck synergy in half

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    GrobianGrobian What's on sale? Pliers!Registered User regular
    i can't imagine that dual type creatures will be big enough a payoff to justify splitting your deck synergy in half

People were playing small pirate packages in every deck when we had OG patches, so something like that is possible.

Also it might just be easier for blizzard. Now they don't have to push three pirate classes in the same expansion to justify neutral pirates, they can make a tribe of elemental murlocs and slot those neutrals into both murloc mage and elemental warlock or whatever.

• Options
    I'm curious how many total existing minions got dual-tribed. There are almost 10 years worth of cards they potentially would have had to look through and make decisions on. That must have been a pain.

• Options
    moez8jxxyrdm.png
    Beautiful ambiguity.

• Options
    The new Whitemane card in battlegrounds is very clearly a Rivendare murderer and I enjoy.

• Options
    Grobian wrote: »

People were playing small pirate packages in every deck when we had OG patches, so something like that is possible.

Also it might just be easier for blizzard. Now they don't have to push three pirate classes in the same expansion to justify neutral pirates, they can make a tribe of elemental murlocs and slot those neutrals into both murloc mage and elemental warlock or whatever.

Right but that's not really dependent on dual tribes being a thing. That's just a perk of really strong tribal synergy.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Hmm, I was going to play some Reno Priest to get my DK hero card quest done, but the deck won't save. Is this a Renathal bug?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    so long as theres undead murlocs its ok

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Trust the pirates' code

6xwUv6c.png

• Options
    Animated Berserker being back in rotation might have been the bump needed to make Enrage Warrior actually good. Will be interesting to see the next VS report.

I don't think that card ever saw any non-meme deck play during its entire time in Standard back in the day.

• Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    all meme decks are secretly good decks if u believe hard enough

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    so I logged in today and had a 150 pack 'welcome back gift' waiting to be claimed. Turned out its half standard and half nathria packs.

did... everyone get that? Is it just for people who don't constructed ever?

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    It's something that only applies sometimes to people who have been gone for a while, in an attempt to convert them back into regular customers.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    oh huh i logged in on an account that had played like 1 game in 2015 and then nothing since and had nothing waiting, guess some people are just important

obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    it's me, I'm super important

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    I thought they just gave a free premade deck to returning players. 150 packs is some pretty tasty bait.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Found this post on reddit with some details:
    It says in the text. It's a marketing test, so they can gauge what the results for each award are.

We can therefore assume that if 20 packs works well enough, they won't give 150 packs in the future, and if 60 packs works best, that's what they'll probably settle on.

@Eat it You Nasty Pig. is indeed super important!

forty on
  • Options
    shergakshergak Registered User regular
    so I logged in today and had a 150 pack 'welcome back gift' waiting to be claimed. Turned out its half standard and half nathria packs.

did... everyone get that? Is it just for people who don't constructed ever?

I got the same thing. It was pretty tasty bait so I definitely bit on it. Now to learn the game again.

• Options
    Ummmmm... what?

0eiapiokdg1z.jpg
    xl5ezunuakp6.jpg

• Options
    How do they make Rat King's power actually pretty good now but they still think "two blood gems when you upgrade your tavern" is still fine

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    Question for the thread, how important is Sir Finley, Sea Guide to the current meta? Seems like such an unsexy card (Like Blood Mage Thalnos) but feels like such a nice utility card if your hand is shit and you’re needing to shake things up.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    HDT has it #11 in all decks tracked but not anywhere near the top in games played with it - it's around what you see with Lich King.

Guessing it's mainly used as a meta variant in a Sure, That'll Work 30th or 40th addition when you don't have the exact code layout.

• Options
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Question for the thread, how important is Sir Finley, Sea Guide to the current meta? Seems like such an unsexy card (Like Blood Mage Thalnos) but feels like such a nice utility card if your hand is shit and you’re needing to shake things up.
    Eh, Finley is OK in some decks but I think you can probably get by fine without him. He's not a game changer the way Sire or Theotar are.

The only deck I think he was ever really strong in was control warrior, for filling your hand with cheap cards after playing From The Depths, but that deck is dead now.

• Options
    bobemist5c5e.png

Half forgot that non-DK stuff was coming out, too.

• Options
    Airking850Airking850 Ottawa, ONRegistered User regular
    Sir Finley seems like a great card that I never want to play because he works counter to a lot of mechanics in the game. Infuse in particular makes it feel bad to use Finley. And any hand buffs. And dredging the card you need to your hand, leaving dregs at the bottom of your deck, then drawing Finley and getting the chance to undo the work you just did.

• Options
    It never comes up because fatigue control is dead, but Finley with an empty deck gives you (hand size) additional draws before fatigue.

• Options
    ryymc944069e.png
    Okay then...

• Options
    xtek4fdr5jzq.png
    PTSD flashbacks of evolving/devolving into Majordomo.

• Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    I bet that used to read "all your cards"

Because that's an insane downside with an upside that's not really useable in standard. Itll probably be a menace in Wild, tho

• Options
    In the decks that will run it only the first sentence exists.

• Options
    Was able to save dust by using same old Imp Warlock to get to Dad Legend again this month, and it went more smoothly this time too. Blazed through the last few ranks of Diamond with a small win streak.