As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    For a lot of people, games like warframes are traps, traps that inflict poor mental health. There is A. LOT. of content in warframe, not all of it is for everybody. There's so much that even with the interconnected systems you can just pick and choose what you enjoy and leave the rest. There's nothing inherent in the game that forces compulsory interaction other than our own validation systems which, without mitigation, can often take us to bad places. Do the parts you enjoy, eff the rest. If there's a wall you don't want to interact with between you and something you want, do the math and let it go. I think what you're doing is the ideal way to play grindframe.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Maxed out night wave, got a harrow and chroma in the oven, after I got their prime versions. Will peruse void traces to max necraloid rank and I guess....

Farm a few easier frames I do not have and then grab all the red veil and steel meridian crap I lack before changing alliances

Then...I guess wait for new content

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    I have to say that I love the Aegrit (the secondary bombs from Kahl's garrison).

Right now it doesn't quite cut it for higher level content (it might if you use a frame with overshields and the Cascadia Overcharge arcane, since that would push the crit chance into the 200%-range), but the explosion is pretty large and with primed fulmination you can clear out entire platoons of grineer or infested at once. Just pair it with weapon with good single-target damage. Especially good against infested and on cramped maps like Hydron.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Regarding the Xbox group numbers thing, that is not at all how we do it in playstation. You type in what you are hosting and people just message you with inv and you can click on their name and invite them from there. It is neat to see how different standards develop to overcome the different shortcomings of the game interface.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    Duviri delayed to 2023.

Echoes of Veilbreaker next week on Wednesday.

Self damage returning is confirmed a thing with % based gates so you can no longer one-shot yourself from full.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Well, with the proposed new self-damage you might not be able to one-shot yourself ... but you sure will make it easier for enemies to do it so ... huzzah? Don't get me wrong I think it's the right thing and I was just razzing it.

Still waiting for crossplay to come to Switch so that I can give all the other platforms Nintendo Cooties ... it'll be tons of fun (or pain ... depending on if I'm the host or not)

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    are they gonna de-nerf aoe weapons?

edited October 2022
    I mean the aoe nerfs were, what, the explosion can no longer headshot, and nerfing fumigation fulmination (e: damn autocorrect lol)? The ammo changes were game-wide.

Tbh I'm not expecting them to un-nerf, and im fine with that. I'm way more salty about them fixing Demulcent to no longer work with a bunch of Warframe abilities while also not fixing any of the other bugs that make those shitty arcanes even more shitty to use.

Dac on
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    the ammo nerfs were pretty specifically to target aoe weapons

The effects were not AoE specific and require some modding thought on non-AoE weapons so I don't lump them in with the rest.

And no, I double doubt they'll roll back the ammo economy changes. Might make some changes to address outliers, but fundamentally they want ammo to be something you might occasionally have to think about.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Duviri delayed to 2023.

Echoes of Veilbreaker next week on Wednesday.

Self damage returning is confirmed a thing with % based gates so you can no longer one-shot yourself from full.

Well, that's pretty shit.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited October 2022
    I just saw Revenant Prime is a thing now. It grew to be one of my faves... may be worth the updates to take it for a spin for a little.

but first, has Revenant...

1) been nerfed directly or indirectly with some core gameplay changes as they wont to do with frames that I seemed to like?

2) actually had more than one skin added?

>_>

edit: also did they "tweak" Nyx in a similar breaking fashion where it's just not the same frame or can't be played the same anymore?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    They actually tweaked nyx some months back so that her mind control abilities actually did something, so her only role wasn't the armor striping daggers, and a lesser version of wukong's temp invulerability

steam_sig.png
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    I'm pretty sure Revenant is largely the same as he ever was, but they did add two Tennogen skins and a Deluxe skin for him.

Revenent was buffed with prime access. Mesmer Skin now grants a full second of invulnerability each time a stack is consumed. So he's pretty meta right now.

They ever add an augment mod that would let you move with Absorb active? :P

They ever add an augment mod that would let you move with Absorb active? :P

It's called Assimilate, Nyx can move at 50% speed while using absorb, but the area is reduced by half. Hmm, area, not radius.

So after tonight I've learned:

a. Revenant with a focus on power strength can comfortably solo Archon hunts. Mesmer skin OP, and with a good powerstrength his Danse macabre is also powerful enough to twirl, twirl, twirl towards freedom!
    b. If you do archon hunts late in the week you're better off soloing, because your average teammate will be an anchor rather than an asset. Fuck people with 300 shield/300 health in an archon hunt.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    I've been soloing them with revenant from the get go, he's silly right now. I don't use any of his powers other than mesmer skin for ridiculous invulnerability and his 1 for some pretty stellar cc. It's not an endless survival so the typical synergies don't matter much, constant mesmer regen etc.

My regular weapon builds kill stuff on the hunt easily enough to ignore them as a threat, but it's fun to twirl for sure.

so I'd be coming back surrounded by flavor-of-the-month Revenants?! D:

I'd say yes, but a significant number of players have no idea how great the frame is, and don't know how amazing mesmer skin was in the first place, let alone what the recent change means. He was already crazy overpowered, now it's like wearing a hat on a hat.

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    b. If you do archon hunts late in the week you're better off soloing, because your average teammate will be an anchor rather than an asset. Fuck people with 300 shield/300 health in an archon hunt.

I will never abandon such sinners, for I was once one of them.

When I turn my back to them, it is not a rejection. It is an invitation for them to climb upon it, so that they might be carried.

Aw man I just realized that self-damage probably means I'm going to have to change my playstyle since I've been liberally abusing Exodia Contagion for years.

Ah well, swings and roundabouts. Such is life.

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Aw man I just realized that self-damage probably means I'm going to have to change my playstyle since I've been liberally abusing Exodia Contagion for years.

Ah well, swings and roundabouts. Such is life.

A Tenno has not truly lived until they clean a squad of enemies with an Exodia Contagion crit that hits for over 50k.

They have also never truly died until they eat self-damage from that same crit.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    50k? More like 50000k!

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I briefly logged back in yesterday! I ... have no idea what's happening

I spent plat to buy Khora Prime, then a couple of other warframes I don't have yet but am now too lazy to farm (I had 2k plat sitting around, it was like, whatever)

Probably going back to hibernate soon, idk.

*edit* Wait, they put self damage back? Does it still proc Chroma's uh, stuff?

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
    I'm not sure they've made any changes, I think the self damage is just the direction they said they'd go in during a dev stream. Current aoe management is ammo related I believe. Would be great if you could proc the on damage effects from powers with it again though.

That said, I don't know. I'm often wrong.

Self damage is not (back) in yet but seems inevitable from the work we've seen on the devstreams for their proof of concepts.

• SteveRageSteveRage Registered User regular
    logging in today, i got rewards for the cancer charity thing they just finished and they also sent out one of each of the archon shard thingies. so go get that =)

-in warframe (pc), i am fungible-
    edited November 2022
    Well the patch today made it so Equinox's Duality clone can no longer use archguns.

I am so immensely frustrated that shit like this that's a net neutral to gameplay (because Duality clone, you know, has a short duration, has an energy cost, and relying on it makes using the rest of the kit difficult), but shit like Magus Cloud just being completely fucked in half the tilesets, or the myriad of bugs with Theorem/Residual arcanes, etc. gets unaddressed.

e: Also holy fuck if you're going to look at Duality could you at least make it so the AI stops reloading TWICE in a row?

Dac on
    Well. This weeks Kahl quest was easy. First time I've managed to complete all objectives. Even the "don't get detected by Deacon" objective that the warframe forums have been whining about (which wasn't much of a challenge).

Same for me, half of them unintentionally. Glad it happened though or I wouldn't have had enough to get the weekly shard and the ephemeras.

There are 4 Tenno United Alerts up and there are still 8 days left to do them. The Alerts are Excavation (3xForma), Survival (Umbra forma), Defence (Aura forma) and Interception (Stance forma), all against Lvl 20-30 enemies.

There are 4 Tenno United Alerts up and there are still 8 days left to do them. The Alerts are Excavation (3xForma), Survival (Umbra forma), Defence (Aura forma) and Interception (Stance forma), all against Lvl 20-30 enemies.

God I wish there was a steel path option of these where they could be double the rewards or something, because that sounds so darn boring.

I would really enjoy steel path versions of all the regular type content. Alerts etc. They did it for fissure missions which I love, but I'd also like a daily sp sortie. Archon hunts are great but a sp sortie that gives double loot or something? I'd login for that, at least for a while.

• RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    daddy two butthole ayatan statues

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    daddy two butthole ayatan statues

I still think if they sold the Piv Ayatan Sculpture as a physical thing you could buy it'd outsell any of the merch they've ever done :tongue:

oof... Warframe requires me to do a 45gb update.

edited November 2022
    ... Is there a way to disable the display of your platform in chat, etc?

edit: also is there any way to make the chat box not occupy a 17"x12" block of space? I could have sworn this was smaller. I only see "small" text as an option... but nothing to make the whole thing smaller. my UI scaling is set to the minimum too already so idk wth it's looking like this for.

tastydonuts on
    On pc I can move the chatbox wherever and change its size from the entire screen to as small as the text input cursor. They recently changed how the crossplay icons are displayed to conform to... nintendos? rules. I don't recall which company, maybe sony, decided it's against the rules for folks outside their platform to know which platform they're on. So now you only see your own platforms icons, with a generic bust for every other platform.

So far as I know, the only way to turn it off is to disable crossplay, and I'm not entirely sure that removes folks from chat.

This discussion has been closed.