As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Looks like a tiny person in a bad insect costume

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    So is this going to be like Meltan/Melmetal and be a pokemon mostly exclusive to Go, or are they doing something smart and revealing a S/V pokemon as a cross promotion?

Considering Galar and Hisui Pokemon guessing the former, but the latter honestly sounds like a good cross promotion they should be coordinating more often.

Hevach on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Hevach wrote: »
    So is this going to be like Meltan/Melmetal and be a pokemon mostly exclusive to Go, or are they doing something smart and revealing a S/V pokemon as a cross promotion?

Considering Galar and Hisui Pokemon guessing the former, but the latter honestly sounds like a good cross promotion they should be coordinating more often.
    The coin pokemon isn't exclusive to GO.

S/V leakers have been talking about it for awhile. So yeah, its basically like a preview/sneak peek pokemon.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    What's funny is you can't transfer it to Sca/VI until they add home support in like 6 months

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    What's funny is you can't transfer it to Sca/VI until they add home support in like 6 months
    I hadn't thought about that.

Fuck. XD

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    can’t wait to buy Home in six months to move all these forgotten ‘mons from SwSh to ScVi after I forget completely about it

Gamefreak know me too well.

They know I would just immediately fill the gaps in the pokedex after beating the story with home transfers.

Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Gamefreak know me too well.

They know I would just immediately fill the gaps in the pokedex after beating the story with home transfers.

The last update really confirms for me they don't fucking plan anything in advance or take home into account until they absolutely have to even though it's vital to their entire franchise

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Hello, I am speaking on behalf on the Pokémon Company. We would like to apologise to our fans. It was impossible to preserve your past Pokémon, and you will be unable to transfer them going forward. We’d like to note we do not know how the ‘visibly crush your Pokémon mid-transfer’ animation was created or how it made it into Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet. Thank you for playing.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Oof. That’s okay but I seen a lot of chest mimic designs in my day and that ain’t in the top 100.

• cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    So it sounds like you can get Gimmighoul naturally in Scarlet/Violet, but you have to link the game with Go to catch it in Go.

Edit: Hm, I wonder if collecting coins in Go is the only way to change it into its chest form in Scarlet/Violet.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    Maaan obviously if I want to avoid spoilers I should stay off twitter and these threads, so that's on me, but it sucks that they reveal a Pokemon that would have definitely been more interesting if it had been a surprise.

edited November 2022
    Yeah, definitely sounds like you'll need Pokemon Go to get the roaming form.

cloudeagle on
  • StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    i already love Gimmighoul
    i was 100% surprised by the little guy showing up after the Community Day yesterday.

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • ChallChall Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Hey all, FYI it sounds like a full copy of S/V has been leaked online so be wary of social media if you want to avoid info about the games

No spoilers in this video, just a warning

https://youtu.be/u2yJpl_L8ow

Chall on
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    is there a good list of version differences yet? pretty much settled on Violet unless there’s an exclusive or mechanic i desperately want in Scarlet, but something like Swinub could change that

edited November 2022
    Chall wrote: »
    Hey all, FYI it sounds like a full copy of S/V has been leaked online so be wary of social media if you want to avoid info about the games

No spoilers in this video, just a warning

https://youtu.be/u2yJpl_L8ow
    I can't look away until I find out what the third stage evos for the starters looks like.

*continues flying directly into the sun*

Dr. Chaos on
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Lucedes wrote: »
    is there a good list of version differences yet? pretty much settled on Violet unless there’s an exclusive or mechanic i desperately want in Scarlet, but something like Swinub could change that

At the moment the only reliable leaker we have is someone just playing through the game, rather than a datamine or anything, so no

liEt3nH.png
    Oh I'm just gonna dive right into that first chance I get

Haven't looked at any leaks, but the official site has some version exclusives listed

Scarlet has Tyranitar and Stonjourner for old pokemon, and Armarouge the Fire/Psychic megaman for new

Violet has Salamence and Eiscue for old pokemon, and Ceruledge the Fire/Ghost megaman for new

And of course the box legendary bikes

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Ed Sheeran is a pokemon?

JtgVX0H.png
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Ed Sheeran is a pokemon?

Always has been.

I wonder why Ed, and not someone with a Mediterranean sound. It’s like companies are drawn to spending a lot of money on things that were relevant five years ago.

• TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    I wonder why Ed, and not someone with a Mediterranean sound. It’s like companies are drawn to spending a lot of money on things that were relevant five years ago.

I would be utterly unsurprised if that's how far out they start the planning for these things. They churn the games out like a factory as it is, might as well streamline the entire process into an assembly line.

Apparently all this is happening because Ed Sheeran is just an enormous Pokemon fan and is happy to do stuff for the franchise.

That's pretty cool actually

I like the music video

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Apparently all this is happening because Ed Sheeran is just an enormous Pokemon fan and is happy to do stuff for the franchise.

Ah, so the same reason Ariana Grande is in the final fantasy gacha games. Fair enough.

Steam ID: Right here.
    Naw it’s fine honestly. Just would have been more on theme for Galar. But in hindsight Galar was a rush job.

I'm dead inside and this song made me feel nothing.

I did not add to it my playlist. Or start tapping my foot.
    Celesssstiaaaaal~!

qzuKTmY.gif

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    So I've been looking at some of the leaks.

Some real cool pokes. And I did need to check the starter evos just to know who I'm picking.

And I definitely know who I'm picking now.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2022

Some real cool pokes. And I did need to check the starter evos just to know who I'm picking.

Yeah, I looked at that last night too. Blurry pictures but I have a decent idea of what they look like. I am happy with my starter choice :3
    I'm going Sprigatito which looks pretty cool in her final form. I also liked Fuecoco quite a bit, his final form is pretty bad-ass (would almost consider switching but I do like Sprigatito's quite a bit). Quaxly looked kind of lame.

Some of the paradox forms make me jealous for Scarlet, tho mecca Tyranitar looks awesome.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    I do want to look up the starters, but I'm also afraid that once I start looking for one spoiler, I'll end up looking up all of them because I have no self-control in that regard.

So I'll just wait until Nintendo reveals them.

Here a reddit thread of all the new mon leaks if anyone wants to look. Spoilers obviously
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/yq05qq/scarlet_and_violet_leak_dump_recap/

edited November 2022
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Yeah, I looked at that last night too. Blurry pictures but I have a decent idea of what they look like. I am happy with my starter choice :3
    I'm going Sprigatito which looks pretty cool in her final form. I also liked Fuecoco quite a bit, his final form is pretty bad-ass (would almost consider switching but I do like Sprigatito's quite a bit). Quaxly looked kind of lame.

Some of the paradox forms make me jealous for Scarlet, tho mecca Tyranitar looks awesome.
    so are the paradox forms in the opposite game then? The future forms in Scarlet and Ancient in Violet?

If so thats awesome because holy shit that Ancient Salamance looks great and I'm getting Violet

DemonStacey on
  • Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Warlock82 wrote: »

so are the paradox forms in the opposite game then? The future forms in Scarlet and Ancient in Violet?

If so thats awesome because holy shit that Ancient Salamance looks great and I'm getting Violet
    Yes, that's correct. Anything that looks ancient-y is Scarlet and anything future-y is Violet. And yes, I am jealous of that Salamance since I'm getting Violet, because it looked freaking awesome. Maybe the best paradox form
    Here a reddit thread of all the new mon leaks if anyone wants to look. Spoilers obviously
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/yq05qq/scarlet_and_violet_leak_dump_recap/

Oh, these are much higher quality. The ones I saw were super low-rez/blurry - enough you could see what they looked like but basically like they had taken the image and shrunk it way down and lost a lot of detail cuz of that. (edit: Ok, looks like some on that page are the shitty low-rez ones I saw still.. anything that says "Sprite" for example)

Edit: Better photos of the ones that were really low quality in that link:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/yqcl0j/all_of_the_ancient_paradox_pokemon_in_one_image/
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PokeLeaks/comments/yqchb3/future_paradox_pokémon_dex_images_leaked/

On the whole I like the ancient forms much better, but future has a couple solid ones like Volcarona and Tyranitar, and of course Miraidon

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    About exclusives
    Hmm, Violet has the better legendary and I like Salamence over Tyranitar (though it's really, really close)

But man the ancient forms in Scarlet are so much cooler looking than Violet's future mons

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • TayaTaya Registered User regular
    I'm hoping I can avoid seeing any info from the leaks. I may have accidentally glimpsed Sprigatito's second or final form but I'm not sure. I didn't linger long enough to see if it was real.

Exclusives
    wait shit i see what I was misreading. So I don't get the sweet Salamance in Violet. Boooo.

Although I guess pending how trades work with those forms I could always try and get helped out by someone on here!