As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - A Hem's Worth

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

A Hem's Worth!

Penny Arcade - Comic - A Hem's Worth

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    If that's what happened to Liam, you really have to wonder what happened to Luke.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    dennis wrote: »
    If that's what happened to Liam, you really have to wonder what happened to Luke.

Not going to lie... I don't even think of Luke as being related to them. He's the Westworld guy!

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I don't quite understand the last line. "When mom says we have Witchers at home." What does that mean?

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    I don't quite understand the last line. "When mom says we have Witchers at home." What does that mean?

Oh, it's a callback meme from back in the day when you asked your mom/dad for something and they responded that you have something similar at home, though what you have at home isn't as desirable/of the same "quality". Like when you drive past McDonalds or something, captures that vibe.

Here's an example of the meme:
    cfzkh8du9wnz.png

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    GrendusGrendus Registered User regular
    It's a reference to a meme.
    Me: Mom, can we get [X]

Mom: We have [X] at home

And then there's a picture of a disappointing version of [X] in the final frame.

• Options
    dennis wrote: »

Not going to lie... I don't even think of Luke as being related to them. He's the Westworld guy!

5ywaqe1uhv8d.png

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    The sad tale of Luke Hemsworth, 3 of the top 4 things the IMDb lists him as being known for are Thor movies that he just has cameos in.
    3mitjzjijaoy.png

YoungFrey on
  • Options
    MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »

It's like when the kid begs at the store for some sugary breakfast cereal like Lucky Charms and the mom says, "No, we have cereal at home," but the cereal at home is bland, generic bran flakes.

Cavill is Lucky Charms. Liam is bran flakes. :)

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    They should have gotten Larry Hemsworth. Though he might have been too busy saving children's lives.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    They should have gotten Larry Hemsworth. Though he might have been too busy saving children's lives.

ji3urg4uukwp.png

• Options
    Rhesus PositiveRhesus Positive GNU Terry Pratchett Registered User regular
    I really enjoy the artwork in the crushed coffee cup

[Muffled sounds of gorilla violence]
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    What a waste of what I assume is pumpkin spice latte.

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    I'll take Luke over Liam all day. At least he can act

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    I feel like Luke and Liam are what you get after Chris has a freak transporter accident.