As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Viewing threads (full site) results in an HTTP error 500

OrcaOrca Also known as EspressosaurusWrexRegistered User regular
Firefox and Edge on Windows, both logged in and not logged in.

Update for convenience: mobile site appears to work fully on the same internet connection.

Orca on

• SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    This seems to be linked to the full version of the site. The posts load in mobile, but I get the same behavior as PC when I view the full site on my phone

steam_sig.png
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Same with me for desktop chrome.

Can still browse the forums themselves, but attempting to click on and view any thread gives the error.

Also getting errors on desktop when attempting to view any user profile, it partially loads some info as text only but no background or GUI elements at all.

Mobile website is working completely fine though, can browse threads and user profiles just fine by emulating an android device in chrome dev tools

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    Same. Works fine on safari on my iPhone, but the desktop site fails to load any thread I go to in any subforum.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Yeah, this is definitely site version linked. Same internet connection I’m able to load this page on mobile, but not on desktop.

I’m surprised it let me post a new thread on desktop.

Orca on
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    Same here, trying to view threads on desktop gives a 500 error code.

• 3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Happening here too, desktop Firefox doesn't load. Deleting cookies didn't belp. Mobile site on same network works fine.

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    As above, but also noting that accessing a thread on desktop/full site appears to update the #latest tag, so the request seemingly fails after generating the page and the updating the last read post marker.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
    User about page on desktop is half-broken. No CSS, just the “about” section of the user. No threads, picture, no agrees/awesomes or anything else.

Edit profile, view drafts work normally. Messages works normally. Notifications with no notifications active appears to work normally.

• jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    Also works here, iOS Firefox

Not working in Windows with anything

• amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    Not working in Chrome on my android phone in desktop mode or in edge on my laptop. Mobile still works

are YOU on the beer list?
  • ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    It may be irrelevant but I found it to be interesting: to test the desktop site I clicked on some threads I’d never viewed before.

Upon doing so, it errored out, as expected, but when I return to the sub forum main page, those threads are now greyed out instead of showing the orange dot.

So while something is preventing desktop chrome from seeing the thread itself, something is updating to say “yup, you’ve seen this thread, nothing new to show you here.”

Might not be pertinent, but I thought I’d share all the same.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Same issue here: chrome on windows 10 pc, 500 error. Chrome on android phone, works fine.

• wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Same here. Mobile works fine. But anytime I click on a thread on desktop, it's a 500 error.

wobblyheadedbob on
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Firefox (desktop), Chrome (mobile). Attempted to bookmark this very thread so I could actually view it on mobile. Clicking the little bookmark icon gave the "There has been an error, please try again" message, and the icon didn't change status, but... here I am. :/

• FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    For shits and giggles I went into a thread in mobile, waited for it to completely load, then switched my mobile browser to request the full site version of the currently loaded page.

Surpring precisely nobody, this also resulted in a 500 server exception.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    My productivity has skyrocketed because of this and I hate it.

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Nothing on browsers on desktop but posting this on iPhone in safari is going through. We live in a society.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

It's only been two hours!

• ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Obvious workaround is to pull up the mobile site on your phone, but for those of you who, like me, fumble the fuck out of on-screen keyboards, here's a workaround to pull up the mobile site on desktop:

Firefox: Just hit Ctrl+Shift+M, then where it says "Responsive", switch it to a mobile device, then refresh the page.

vk5xkjmszdua.png

Chrome-based browsers:
    On the main forum page, pull up the developer console (usually Ctrl+Shift+J or just right click on the webpage and "Inspect")

Then click on the "Toggle Device Toolbar"

xx3te2bunc9n.png

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • DoodmannDoodmann Registered User regular
    Doodmann wrote: »

It's only been two hours!

Skyrocketed

Whippy wrote: »
    nope nope nope nope abort abort talk about anime
    Sometimes I sell my stuff on Ebay
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Trying to learn how to do things on the mobile site frightens and confuses me

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    +1 confirm on desktop doesn't work, mobile does work

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Looking into this

• DelzhandDelzhand Hard to miss. Registered User regular
    Resolved for me - entering this from the desktop site.

• PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I can see threads again!

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Yep, they had an issue with their new site update, but we should be good to go now. Thanks for your patience!