As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Taya wrote: »
    I'm hoping I can avoid seeing any info from the leaks. I may have accidentally glimpsed Sprigatito's second or final form but I'm not sure. I didn't linger long enough to see if it was real.

Yeah, just tell yourself it was a fake leak and then it can be a surprise if it wasn't :3
    Exclusives
    wait shit i see what I was misreading. So I don't get the sweet Salamance in Violet. Boooo.

Although I guess pending how trades work with those forms I could always try and get helped out by someone on here!

I feel fairly certain that you will be able to trade everything across versions. So yeah, should be very easy to get the ones not in your game. Even more so once Home support is added and offers a non-shitty trade method. I assume SV is just gonna have SwSh/BDSP/Arceus levels of garbage "enter a link code" trading.. Still no idea why they regressed from the GTS after gen 7 and left it exclusive to Home... I guess it's easier to regulate in one place like that, considering Sun & Moon's is flat out broken due to hackers and X&Y's is full of a bunch of garbage entries that crash the game (but only if you try to trade, not if you "look" at them like S&M)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Ah that time of the cycle where people with the hottest takes on leaked pokemon are giving them and I decide whether these hot takes are going to be funny or if I can just wait one week.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Sprig's evo thankfully turned out alright.

Weed cat triumphant.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    oh hell

leaks
    duck evo looks bad

:<

at least volcarona is in, love that bug

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Spoilers for time related evos
    I wonder if you turn an existing pokemon into a paradox because I have a
    perfect Tyranitar that's just itching to become more of a badass

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    So if you get the digital double pack can you split it with someone or will it be bound to one account?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    It's tying it to the account you order it on, it's not a "we send you a download code" thing or anything

liEt3nH.png
    I'm may double dip but likely not until Home is updated in I'm guessing May because I'm not gonna play through twice without big boys

I'm may double dip but likely not until Home is updated in I'm guessing May because I'm not gonna play through twice without big boys
    Holding it all the way until May is just cruel.

Dr. Chaos wrote: »

The cruelty is the point!

Also they said "spring" and I'd love to be proven wrong but history proves otherwise

edited November 2022
    Spoilers for time related evos
    I wonder if you turn an existing pokemon into a paradox because I have a
    perfect Tyranitar that's just itching to become more of a badass
    From the previous leaks I've heard the impression I get is no, you catch them (but I don't know for sure, this is just what it sounded like to me). Based on some of the official stuff they just released about the donphanns coming from the unexplored region of Paldea or whatever it said, I'm guessing all of this stuff is in the big cloud area in the center. Maybe that whole area is like one giant space-time distortion from Legends Arceus :P

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular
    I heard there were no nurseries in the games and you only get eggs through sex picnics. So I wonder how convoluted breeding is going to be this time around. It's annoying HOME won't be working til next year because it would save so much time making competitive stuff.

edited November 2022
    Enigmedic wrote: »
    I heard there were no nurseries in the games and you only get eggs through sex picnics. So I wonder how convoluted breeding is going to be this time around. It's annoying HOME won't be working til next year because it would save so much time making competitive stuff.
    This is correct. I was worried the same thing - that it sounds more complicated. But I don't know the details - maybe there's some way to designate which two pokemon "get busy" so it's basically a faster daycare? (I assume you could limit your party to two pokes but I dunno if there's ways to compel eggs or if you're required to go to such lengths)

Warlock82 on
  • DiplominatorDiplominator Hardcore Porg Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »
    Taya wrote: »
    I'm hoping I can avoid seeing any info from the leaks. I may have accidentally glimpsed Sprigatito's second or final form but I'm not sure. I didn't linger long enough to see if it was real.

Yeah, just tell yourself it was a fake leak and then it can be a surprise if it wasn't :3
    Exclusives
    wait shit i see what I was misreading. So I don't get the sweet Salamance in Violet. Boooo.

Although I guess pending how trades work with those forms I could always try and get helped out by someone on here!

I feel fairly certain that you will be able to trade everything across versions. So yeah, should be very easy to get the ones not in your game. Even more so once Home support is added and offers a non-shitty trade method. I assume SV is just gonna have SwSh/BDSP/Arceus levels of garbage "enter a link code" trading.. Still no idea why they regressed from the GTS after gen 7 and left it exclusive to Home... I guess it's easier to regulate in one place like that, considering Sun & Moon's is flat out broken due to hackers and X&Y's is full of a bunch of garbage entries that crash the game (but only if you try to trade, not if you "look" at them like S&M)

This would be easier to stomach if they weren't going to take months and months to link it with Home.

edited November 2022

Boy is it.
    My poor primeape. She's been with me since I came back to the series with Gen V but she's not even going to be the first primeape I evolve. ;_;

Hmm...I wonder if they would make a decent eviolite candidate.

Dr. Chaos on

Boy is it.
    My poor primeape. She's been with me since I came back to the series with Gen V but she's not even going to be the first primeape I evolve. ;_;

Hmm...I wonder if they would make a decent eviolite candidate.

Actually
    It seems like these are basic pokemon not evolutions in the traditional sense? It's not clear yet

edited November 2022
    Accidentally picked a pokemon another guy wanted becuase he had low HP (I wasn't paying attention, would have let him have it if I had noticed they were in bad shape), he ended up disconnecting/rage quitting I guess afterwards to end the dynamax adventure run right before the legendary.

I could understand if they were annoyed but stuff like that, don't take it on the other two players aswell.

Dr. Chaos on
    This is correct. I was worried the same thing - that it sounds more complicated. But I don't know the details - maybe there's some way to designate which two pokemon "get busy" so it's basically a faster daycare? (I assume you could limit your party to two pokes but I dunno if there's ways to compel eggs or if you're required to go to such lengths)
    Something important though is that it's also not step-based or anything. It's now something that you can literally just set up for when you're AFK, and then come back later and pick up like ten eggs if you were gone for a while.

liEt3nH.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Only missing Diancie for a complete Home Dex now

Not been distributed since 2015. Gamefreak pls...

Can offer Victini, Mew, Keldeo or Jirachi in SwSh if anyone needs any of those

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • ChallChall Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »
    Only missing Diancie for a complete Home Dex now

Not been distributed since 2015. Gamefreak pls...

Can offer Victini, Mew, Keldeo or Jirachi in SwSh if anyone needs any of those

Same, I've been waiting for a Diancie for so long. I'm hoping because of the Terastallize gimmick in SV turning every Pokemon into crystal we might be due for a Diancie giveaway

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    I had to chase down and metaphorically tackle one of the people playing leaked copies of the game and shake them down for information on the most important thing in Scarlet and Violet.

The availability of my precious Luxury ball.

edited November 2022
    Shiny Grovyle is the latest Dynamax adventure booty to go along with the shiny driftloom I got about a month back.

I think I'm really going to miss this mode. If they add it to S/V eventually and rework it with the faster flow of tera battles, It could be quite good.

The only really downside to it is that like a lot of dynamax fights or I guess SWSH in general, it can still feel pretty slow. Fix that and its golden.

Dr. Chaos on
    edited November 2022
    Something important though is that it's also not step-based or anything. It's now something that you can literally just set up for when you're AFK, and then come back later and pick up like ten eggs if you were gone for a while.
    Can you though? I really need more details. Like, it could be limited to one egg per picnic which would be god-awful. I would not be surprised if Pokemon company implemented it the dumbest way possible - they have a tendency to take steps backwards frequently :/

I guess we'll find out soon, or maybe we already know, I've been avoiding those people who have the full game already :P Speaking of which, totally saw a youtube thumbnail with Quaxly's final evo ON the thumbnail over the weekend. I've already spoiled myself on this so it's "fine" but god I hate those people. KEEP SPOILERS OUT OF THUMBNAILS YOU JERKS!

Warlock82 on
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Mechanic spoiler (a basic one but a cool one)
    there's actually ongoing reward system for pokedex entries. Like every few you get a new reward of increasing quality and some very good stuff too!

Person said even the different ball rewards will be available earlier than you would otherwise get them naturally so its actually pretty worthwhile.

Can you though? I really need more details. Like, it could be limited to one egg per picnic which would be god-awful. I would not be surprised if Pokemon company implemented it the dumbest way possible - they have a tendency to take steps backwards frequently :/

I guess we'll find out soon, or maybe we already know, I've been avoiding those people who have the full game already :P Speaking of which, totally saw a youtube thumbnail with Quaxly's final evo ON the thumbnail over the weekend. I've already spoiled myself on this so it's "fine" but god I hate those people. KEEP SPOILERS OUT OF THUMBNAILS YOU JERKS!
    In reference to your spoiler, no, it is not limited to one egg per picnic.

liEt3nH.png
    edited November 2022
    I think I'm coming down with something.

I may have to take off work friday. I usually don't get sick, Its weird.
    Its pokerus.

Dr. Chaos on
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Does anyone know if you can play coop locally without an online subscription? Two switches on local wifi?

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    Does anyone know if you can play coop locally without an online subscription? Two switches on local wifi?

You can on Sword and Shield, so I would hope they kept that

Did BD/SP even have a multiplayer component?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
    edited November 2022
    Ringo wrote: »

You can on Sword and Shield, so I would hope they kept that

Did BD/SP even have a multiplayer component?

BDSP has like, lame multiplayer. Like, you can battle other people and trade. That's about it. It's very barebones and even less than SwSh had I think (in terms of battle options and stuff). It's all done in a little "meeting room" thing.

I guess you could also consider the Grand Underground multiplayer? In that you can see other people and they can help you chisel stuff... I think you can trade or whatever with them there too. But largely it's non-interactive.

Warlock82 on
  • TalithTalith 変態という名の紳士 Miami, FLRegistered User regular
    Really not feeling the starters this time around.

If you told me these were the actual starters I'd be more interested:

fplko6u4i02m.jpg

7244qyoka3pp.gif
    edited November 2022
    I dunno, I love all three starters which is kind of rare. Usually there's at least one (and it's usually the water one) that I hate :P (I have since come around on Popplio) But no, Quaxly is great :3 (I make no promises for his evolution :P)

Based on that lineup of starting zone mons, Pawmi is still very meh to me (yet another Pikachu clone). Lechonk and Smoliv are both great tho. I haven't spoiled myself with Smoliv's evolution so I'm a bit excited to see what it looks like (I'm assuming some sort of olive tree).

Warlock82 on
  • TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Yeah, I'm avoiding spoilers but I'm thinking I may drop the starter this time around. Got Armarogue/Ceruledge to use for Fire type, Smoliv for Grass (I assume? I don't think I've seen its typing confirmed, but I mean come on), and I'm sure I'll find a Water type that will appeal to me.

Terrendos on
  • DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Weedcat is great.

Weedcat 4 lyfe 420 blaze it ya'll.

I'm just happy getting a grass starter i like.

And there is no world where I'm not naming it Doja.

DemonStacey on
    edited November 2022
    Weedcat is great.

My problem is always that I usually like the grass starters, and then there are a BAZILLION good grass mons in the wild very early on and it's like, come on game. Like, even this time, taking Sprigatito kind of excludes me using Smoliv and it's like, why are all the grass pokemon cool? :( Meanwhile fire and water are usually saved for more mid-game-ish (and occasionally getting a fishing rod) and sometimes even have extra typings that still make them work if you picked one of those two starters.

That said, I 100% want to use derp crab on my team. Love that thing. May need to go the "lore" route first to get that thing.

Warlock82 on
    edited November 2022
    Weedcat is great.

My problem is always that I usually like the grass starters, and then there are a BAZILLION good grass mons in the wild very early on and it's like, come on game. Like, even this time, taking Sprigatito kind of excludes me using Smoliv and it's like, why are all the grass pokemon cool? :( Meanwhile fire and water are usually saved for more mid-game-ish (and occasionally getting a fishing rod) and sometimes even have extra typings that still make them work if you picked one of those two starters.

That said, I 100% want to use derp crab on my team. Love that thing. May need to go the "lore" route first to get that thing.

Thats a fair point!

I usually end up not having a grass poke on my team without a grass starter but I love grass moves so I'm always left a bit wanting.

I'm also noticing that like every poke I like in this game(aside from cover legendary) is a physical mon... uh oh.

DemonStacey on
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Honestly, after seeing the final evos of the starters, I'm a bit torn between the cat and the chili.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • ChallChall Registered User regular
    My first impression was Fuecoco and I stand by that little guy 🌶️

Drascin wrote: »
    Honestly, after seeing the final evos of the starters, I'm a bit torn between the cat and the chili.
    Choose grass and then get the fire starter so Weedcat can have someone to help him light his blunts.

Drascin wrote: »

I won't lie, I love the shit out of Fuecoco's final evo. I heard people were hating on it and I flat out don't get it. It was *almost* enough to get me to switch from Sprigatito but her final evo is pretty great too.