As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    it probably would remove people, just don't want people to know what I'm playing on, idk. and it looks like I can use the mouse to adjust the size of the chatbox... however it is already as small as I can possibly make it... which is... huge. I guess people complained a ton about not being able to read it or something? hard not to do that now.

It looks like my FOV bar is at max but the camera feels like it's sitting very close to the frame now too? I'll have to get out of the orbiter and see if maybe that's why but weird.

Also I have a 75% off thinger from logging in for the first time in ages... Syanax, Caliban, Gyre, Lavos, Sevagoth and Xaku are all frames I don't have... I think I have Xaku parts and stuff though, so I can look into building that one but how do these all play?

edit: though I guess the better question would be which of these is the biggest hassle to farm parts for?

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Styanax is by far the biggest hassle, because if you've gotten to the point where you even can farm him, there are much shinier things to choose from that use the same extremely limited currency.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    The only people who will see what system you're on are the people on that same system. All other platforms will see you as the generic icon.

As for styanax, only the new stuff made it so I didn't have nearly double the required points for the weekly shard. You don't even need to get all the challenges for the vielbreaker weekly to easily collect a part or two per week while not losing out on the weekly shard.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    I don't see much point in buying Styanax a piece at a time so I'm just banking Stock on blue shard weeks until I can afford him in one go to feed to Helminth. Red and Yellow shards are too in demand to pass up so it's creeping along.

Good news everybody whose Venkra'tel objective bugged out this week, today's hotfix mailed you the 15 Stock.

• Options
    are there any new mods added in the past 2 years that can do what the staple mods do but better I should be looking into? Or is it Primed Flow/Cont etc forever?

• Options
    Yup, grab the Galvanized mods from the Arbiters of Hexis vendor on a relay to juice up your guns. Hope you like Arbitrations!

• Options
    edited November 2022
    well, I apparently need millions more focus again and I vaguely remember just running around in arbs with punchy Inaros and hitting the cap quickly.

that still work?

edit:though I there's probably new nodes that I'd need to do first to get back into arbs..

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Yeah you will need to clear the Zariman for Arbitrations & Steel Path, which only opens up after the New War quest.

For Focus, all your points were refunded, and check your inventory for Eidolon shards, when I got back I had something like 95 Radiant shards worth 40k focus sitting around and there was absolutely no way I'd done that many Tridolons solo.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    There were also new variations of stock mods for the post-new war weekly mode, but IIRC none of them were really worthwhile

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Welp, started playing this again, actually got my Railjack built now.

...so is Railjack rando content just not played any more? I've only been flying solo so far.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    not much!
    on the bright side all the railjack-using story content also is pretty easy and doesn't require anything better than the basic starting ship loadout

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JeixJeix Registered User regular
    I've been having troubles getting groups for Railjack stuff too. And if I do get a group it is typically just one other person unless it is a confrontation fight.

Make sure you check out hiring NPC crew for your Railjack. They fill your Railjack slots until other people join in.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    I mostly solo railjack, but when I do feel like making fronds I almost always get a full group. My playtime is pretty much peak though, like, 5 to 7 or so, pacific standard

EDIT: If anyone wants to group for railjack (on pc) just hit me up here and I'll login, assuming I'm not working. Railjack is my favorite part of the game.

kralizecc on
  • Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Veil proxima has some activity for people chasing voidkeys and sentient stuff.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    kind of surprised you can't buy Requiem Ultimatums with plat... I really don't feel like dealing with this nemesis that I started before I stopped playing the long way. @_@

• Options
    So for today's melee only interception sortie I decided to mess around with the Cerata since I had an old Riven kicking around. May have just cycled it into a god-roll.

More attack speed than Primed Fury
    More crit damage than Organ Shatter
    More starting combo than Corrupt Charge, with no duration penalty
    and the negative is heavy attack efficiency, which doesn't matter for thrown weapons

This thing doesn't just delete Corpus, it goes back in time and deletes their ancestors.

• Options
    Even with my periodic playing over the years (I'm a founder/closed beta player), I still have no idea how to access some stuff, like Kuva content. Guess it's off to the wiki.

On that note, it was kind of funny when I started playing again after a four-year break because it was rough at launch, and blew some people's minds with my level 3 Excalibur Prime.

• Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    kind of surprised you can't buy Requiem Ultimatums with plat... I really don't feel like dealing with this nemesis that I started before I stopped playing the long way. @_@

Eh. Late now, but last time I did a lich/sister it was about 45 minutes, all up. Goes real quick now, assuming you have Requiem mods + know how to efficiently get the combo decoded.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Even with my periodic playing over the years (I'm a founder/closed beta player), I still have no idea how to access some stuff, like Kuva content. Guess it's off to the wiki.

On that note, it was kind of funny when I started playing again after a four-year break because it was rough at launch, and blew some people's minds with my level 3 Excalibur Prime.

Generally speaking, the best thing for returning players to do is start clearing out their quest log. Most new content is gated off that way.

• Options
    dporowski wrote: »

Eh. Late now, but last time I did a lich/sister it was about 45 minutes, all up. Goes real quick now, assuming you have Requiem mods + know how to efficiently get the combo decoded.

I don't recall the names of the mods, but there's one requiem mod that mimics all the other mods. I slot that one in the first slot and it essentially gives a free correct first guess.

Most of the time I still get enough murmurs to expose all three mods, but it helps with the guessing for random early success, which happens more often than I would have ever assumed before doing them so much. I unslot the special mod and put the regular correct one in at the end, assuming I haven't guessed right to that point, to save a charge on the mod.

• Options
    Turns out Railjack missions get harder when you're venting air and for some reason all your doors won't open?

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Turns out Railjack missions get harder when you're venting air and for some reason all your doors won't open?

<Not To Nag, But In Short Order Everything That Is Inside This Ship Will Be Outside This Ship.>

• Options
    EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular

Did you get iced? Some Corpus missions have a big ice cannon that freezes shit if it hits you. I think you can use the revo thingy to get through. Or just teleport, if you have the intrinsic for it.

• Options
    XantusXantus Registered User regular

<Not To Nag, But In Short Order Everything That Is Inside This Ship Will Be Outside This Ship.>

"Hull breach imminent. If I wanted a hole, I would install a window."

• Options
    All these references to railjack make me want to play it pretty badly. I wish there was something I could do, more content etc. Really love that game mode with fewer exceptions than most modes.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    I'll have to look for that wildcard mod to speed up the kuva lich just so I can get a... parvos one.

Speaking of railjack, I didn't know all my intrinsics were reset and all my other equipment and stuff got poofed until I was moments from launching. @_@ but they only gave me enough points to get one intrinsic to 9 vs what I had before, which was max'd.

Kind of kicking myself for not wasting resources on repairing wreckage I had no intention of using because evidently that was a factor in determining if you got the legendary core from being an early adopter too. I do like the crew system but I kinda wish you could reroll the batch of potential members. Though I think that'd be more of a thing I'd want for elite crew.

but now I have to farm intrinsics, though I need to do the Corpus proxima series anyway. But first I have to make a mech so I can actually play The New War. Don't want to buy one. >_>

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    the potential crew refreshes every day, I spent waaaaay too much time logging in to get ideal crew. Kept blowing credits on crew with one more point in a spot I wanted than the last and having to go through the process of setting their appearance again. I'm not sure if it's still this way but when I was doing it, you couldn't share weapons across members. If you want to replace a crewmate in a role, unequip their weapon first.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    yeah, I only bought one crew member at this point. She had repair 4 to start with, so it was pretty much a given. The remaining crew I'm just going to hold out on for when I get command 10 and can buy Elites... though I imagine there will only be one of those in a set and it's going to be more rng-a-day hassle, lol...

the token system on infested-world is an interestingly overt time gate too. thought I would be able to just spam fishing to hit cap... but nope!

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    there are usually 4 or 5 elites in every refresh. It's a good selection unless you're going for hyper specific stats combined with a specific faction. I only wanted suda crew, and the stats I wanted were crazy unlikely. Took a loooong time to get all four with maxed stats and zero stats in the attributes that did not directly apply to their roles.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    ah, great. the one I have is Steel Meridian... even though they're an enemy faction. I read that their genders were tied to whatever the leader of the faction is though? I wonder if that will change.

edit: apparently I own an Oull already for my parazon? Did they give us one?

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    Xantus wrote: »

"Hull breach imminent. If I wanted a hole, I would install a window."

"Storm has reached Category Five. Five is the worst, by the way."

Cy is my spirit animal.

• Options
    ah, great. the one I have is Steel Meridian... even though they're an enemy faction. I read that their genders were tied to whatever the leader of the faction is though? I wonder if that will change.

You sometimes get requiem mods when doing the liches/sisters, and I usually get one Oull every lich. Enough that I could probably just use the charges on them for every lich and still not run out but I tend to unviel all the mods anyway and so unequip it.

• Options
    Getting a little bit tempted to start a fresh account and play for just a couple of hours, just to see how the whole onboarding/breadcrumb stuff looks nowadays, because getting back after an extended period away is a bit daunting with all the faction reps to grind and things.

• Options
    The breadcrumbing consists of the junctions, codex quest page, and talking to npc's that tell you how much faction you need for a given level. There's little that tells you where to go next, just npc's that indicate how much you need to grind to unlock a given quest from the codex.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    "Warframe"
    "breadcrumbing" (or "tutorial")

[laughing guys meme of your choice]

• Options
    I never got into Rivens way back when they were new, but I had this lying around and it seems decent? Got a weekly Nightwave challenge to polarize a thingie anyway so into my Zhuge Prime it goes.

1uoe9rsndd51.png

• Options
    XantusXantus Registered User regular
    "Warframe"
    "breadcrumbing" (or "tutorial")

[laughing guys meme of your choice]

i tried

ywkj4nlmxg17.jpg

• Options
    edited November 2022
    kralizecc wrote: »

You sometimes get requiem mods when doing the liches/sisters, and I usually get one Oull every lich. Enough that I could probably just use the charges on them for every lich and still not run out but I tend to unviel all the mods anyway and so unequip it.

Yeah, I stopped playing around early 2020 though, and it looks like Oull was added in 2021, so I'm not sure where it came from.

edit: I did log in a few times, between then and now but I didn't run any missions at all. it was just to look at what was there. Speaking of, there was a shoulder armor cosmetic from Nightwave that was hexagons... did they already do a rerun of that? I was able to get the ship which I thought was cool but too late to shoot for this "remix."

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    That was the Frakta Shoulderguard, and it has not reappeared yet.

But there's a new Nightwave at the end of the month, so who knows!

• Options
    I think the shoulderguards were from the initial glassmaker nightwave, and then an intermission after that at some point. My guess is they'll certainly show up again soon, like all the rest of the non-seasonal-event gear. And for those, I think the only one that doesn't show up every time is the day of the dead aegis skin.

This discussion has been closed.