As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Ah yes, the frakta shoulderguards... and amusingly they were the rank 29 with the ship being 30. I like that Nightwave operator suit that's at rank 30 for this one, but I don't want to burn myself out on playing Warframe again so soon. lol.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    edited November 2022
    I remember an assault rifle that I used to use that fired a massive stream of bullets... I think I used it with Mag? What rifle does like streamy projectiles? It had like a very high reserve count too... :O

it was a pretty stream. I... don't think that helps but that also came to mind.

tastydonuts on
  • HellboreHellbore A bad, bad man Registered User regular
    I remember an assault rifle that I used to use that fired a massive stream of bullets... I think I used it with Mag? What rifle does like streamy projectiles? It had like a very high reserve count too... :O

it was a pretty stream. I... don't think that helps but that also came to mind.

Might be the Tetra?

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Sounds Supra adjacent.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    (continued from previous page)

20071119-mgwG2SM8.jpg

Just replace all instances of "Mass Effect" with "Warframe", "Bioware" with "DE", etc etc.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    That's gonna be the Supra Vandal, there. Not a damn thing with more bullets per bullet.

dporowski wrote: »
    That's gonna be the Supra Vandal, there. Not a damn thing with more bullets per bullet.

Yeah! I just sorted my weapons by times forma'd and there it was. The only other AR I own with more formas is the Acceltra... which seems weaker? Or the ammo is lower or something. Didn't feel the same.

Nah, the Acceltra is beastly, but has about 12 bullets total. Supra's a lot of fun if you like all the dakka you can find, just not the most effective thing out there.

If you want dakka + magazine + I think this is actually an autocannon + sweet, grenades, I recommend you check out the Trumna. It is stupid. It is not even the stupidest.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited November 2022
    Last time I played a ton of Valkyr, and now it seems Garuda is my new jam. I guess I just like them slashy-slashy frames, and Garuda doesn't need to hit her 4 to start slashin'.

As for Many Bullets, I've liked my Soma Prime forever.

Echo on
    There's a Soma augment on a faction vendor on Deimos that gives you stacking crit chance per hit, resetting on reload.

It's hilarious.

Yep, working on Entrati rep to get that. Got a little wishlist beyond just grinding rep.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    There's a Soma augment on a faction vendor on Deimos that gives you stacking crit chance per hit, resetting on reload.

It's hilarious.

Especially if you get a +max magazine size +multishot Riven (because multishots count as additional hits, as does multiple hits with punchthrough).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    Finally got the last component for the Aeolak. Which is probably going to be masteryfodder, but I'll keep it anyway because getting my hands on it has been... a long and bothersome experience.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Getting the pieces took a while, but the game modes were pretty fun (probably because they're new). The Ambassador on the otherhand, while I love railjack, as a vehicle to get to a ground survival mission over and over again loses some of its luster. I mean, it loses all its meaning and makes me hate survival missions. At least there were a few minutes of pleasantly wasted time before each survival... so many survivals.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
    Nope, I was not prepared for Arbitrations. Probably helps to actually have it buff stuff I own.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    To do arbitrations well it helps to be extremely hard to kill because of the punishing respawn mechanic, if a player is downed they can't respawn until another player collects enough tokens that only drop from enemies while players are downed. Having a way to fairly easily shoot the invulnerability shield drones through a crowd is a good idea too.

BahamutZERO.gif
    Having a way to fairly easily shoot the invulnerability shield drones through a crowd is a good idea too.

Shotguns modified for a lot of punchthrough is my jam for Arbitrations.

Streamer challenge idea: Harrow chassis drop world record

Having a way to fairly easily shoot the invulnerability shield drones through a crowd is a good idea too.

Shotguns modified for a lot of punchthrough is my jam for Arbitrations.

max Range Octavia, Arca Plasmor for drones, mild carpal tunnel from crouch spam

edited November 2022
    So... I just got a max adaptation for 45p, and a story to tell~ Good to see the Warframe playerbase hasn't changed when it comes to trading. Also the chat interface on console is still clunky so I accidentally invited the wrong people too. But uh...

hyh3h34xvm8d.png

I didn't show him or w/e because what am I to gain from "proving it" to this guy? I don't get that headspace. Valuation in the player market and of itself is primarily a subjective thing... that said, was 45p for it an absolute bargain given the zeitgeist's price for it? Yeah. I was looking for ~80p for it at that rank. but yeah. weird.

tastydonuts on
    FTR Adaptation is one you actually don't so much need to level up. It only affects the ramp speed, and not the mitigation, so I tend to leave it at 2 drain just because then it fits anywhere if I have the slot. (But I paid 50 for mine unranked when I got it, so I mean, good deal still.)

I know it caps at 90% but wasn't sure how the stack timer would be interpreted so I just asked for any rank and a price they wanted to sell for and got that offer. Maintaining stack timers got to be an slight annoyance from another game, so I would have increased it.... even 20s feels like it'll be short :V

Since WF Market had a posting at 20p, figure'd broad net rank and price post would be better. If I didn't get that 45p max I would have bought a rank 0 for 20p since I got an offer for that too.

I get shot so much that it generally stacks up and I don't even notice. For me it's one of those things that Just Happens when it needs to, and if the stack falls off when I'm not being shot... Well, I'm not currently being shot anyway. (Then again I think I only really run it on Inaros and Hildryn. And boy they're tanky as hell even without...)

WF trade chat is absolute cancer. It's 2000 crypto bros hyping crazy prices and fishing for marks who don't know Warframe Market exists.

I've used my companion drone forever and never really bothered much with it, so tonight's activity was to go get a kavat.

This is Sir Diesalot.

n3ao3j7bqtjk.png

edited November 2022
    Get yourself a Medi-Pet Kit mod and you can wait a minute or so before reviving! :D

slot Loyal Companion too and it's even longer~

tastydonuts on
    Aeolak was actually a pleasant surprise. The primary fire is nothing to sing songs about, but the secondary fire is really nice. The gun itself is very similar to Stahlta, but with a more practical secondary attack (less damage and crit, but faster charging, less ammo hungry and only 50% falloff)

Haven't gone too deep into theory-crafting yet, but I slapped togeter what seems to be a nice build (for my current content) for Garuda's talons that stacks all the bleed.

On that note, I've been back into Warframe for what, ten days, and Garuda is already my top played frame at 24%? No comments.

Get Link Health/Armor and kitty might end up w/ more EHP than you have. Add on the one that heals it based on a % of your melee attacks, too.

Echo wrote: »
    Haven't gone too deep into theory-crafting yet, but I slapped togeter what seems to be a nice build (for my current content) for Garuda's talons that stacks all the bleed.

On that note, I've been back into Warframe for what, ten days, and Garuda is already my top played frame at 24%? No comments.

Garuda is amazing. Helminth Gloom on her and she'll tank anything that isn't a one-shot, infinite energy, insta reload Soma. Her Talons are also great for a heavy attack build that will just shred anything in a couple hits.

edited November 2022
    Just did a riven that had a pretty straightforward req (6x combo for 30s with decaying), so I did that and this came out:

obkkjhuooo0x.png

so... I potato'd the ak prime because I think I ranked this up before you got your MR in mod points base and all I did was master the akstilleto... so I don't remember the gun. but is it worth messing around with?

tastydonuts on
    Garuda is amazing. Helminth Gloom on her and she'll tank anything that isn't a one-shot, infinite energy, insta reload Soma. Her Talons are also great for a heavy attack build that will just shred anything in a couple hits.

Yeah, I really enjoyed Valkyr the last time I played a bunch of years ago, and Garuda is an even better fit for me.

Depends on what content you're doing. Akstiletto Prime used to be fairly meta five years ago. Crit secondaries are kind of starved for mod space so you could probably get a Viral/Hemmorage build going but you'd have to drop Lethal Torrent. The problem is the weapon has a Riven disposition of only 2, so the crit chance is lower than both Primed Pistol Gambit and Creeping Bullseye.

edited November 2022
    Throw enough mods into something and you'll paste anything up to ~50-80 pretty easily, and that's beyond a lot of what you normally see running around. Gets a little hairier down on Deimos or in some of the newer/later game areas or modes (Void Storms, Arbitrations, etc) but eh, those are optional. We're literally at "just choose your preferred method of creating explosive smoothies" these days.

Edit: Messing around in overframe.gg it looks like--and this matches my recollection--that you can get the gun to do work, but king it is not. This would be pleasantly killy, but up to you if you want to shove in that many forma. (I have nothing better to do than forma things when I play, so I probably did.) I skew viral except when immune 'cause "why would I not want a giant stacking damage buff", and the heat changes make it always a good idea, but corrosive could be a good swap. I don't think I'd go Hemorrhage on that with the fire rate; impact's your #3 proc priority and even at well over 100% status that's still not a ton of slashes. Good damage off the heat procs though.

dporowski on
    I guess I'll hold off on fiddling with it for now. I'm doing isolation vaults and things now so I can get mech and the ship module built. just down to the damaged pieces at this point, then it's 84 hours of cooking before new war... I have nightwave weeklies for that keeping me from going further into the recovered stack. :U

also only a few thousand mastery away from MR27.

I guess I'll hold off on fiddling with it for now. I'm doing isolation vaults and things now so I can get mech and the ship module built. just down to the damaged pieces at this point, then it's 84 hours of cooking before new war...

I went "sod it, I'm impatient and I want to try Necramechs a whole lot" and just bought the Voidrig with plat, with the intent to actually farm the Bonewidow.

Now I looked at the materials and ugh, that'll be so much mining required. I really don't like mining.

TBH it's kinda relaxing now. Ever since they changed it so you could just use the mining laser from Fortuna everywhere, and it's just shoot-the-dot instead of the outlines, if I need some kind of mined good I'll just pop a booster and wander for an hour or two. Wait for a 2x resource weekend then pop the booster, and an afternoon will have you set for months.

On that note, Necramechs are a nice change of pace with the chonky stomping around instead of ninja-flippin' everywhere.

Totally are. And you'll want a Fluctus and/or Mausolon for that thing, the latter because "explosions and giant laser" and the former because it retains the infinite punchthrough from AW mode and it's hilarious.

edited November 2022
    Note that I have
    dporowski wrote: »
    Totally are. And you'll want a Fluctus and/or Mausolon for that thing, the latter because "explosions and giant laser" and the former because it retains the infinite punchthrough from AW mode and it's hilarious.

I like Grattler for the sheer "I only need to aim in their general direction" and Corvas Prime because it deals absolutely massive damage to anything the projectile hits (It can take out the biggest infested in just a few shots).

Mausolon is a nice compromise between the two as it has good single target damage, high rate of fire for shooting all ze stuff and just a lot of that 40k Dreadnought assault cannon feeling.

Fiendishrabbit on
This discussion has been closed.