As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pride and Prejudice and Goncharov [Movies]

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I think the ending of It is one of King's stronger endings, which makes all of the parts in the second movie where they harp on how bad the writer character is at endings the entire time until they do a fundamentally worse ending than the book extremely grating

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Draft
    Hearing Glass Onion is better than Knives Out has my expectations through the roof

Just saw it and they are very different movies, I think I would agree that Glass Onion is better.

There's a small spoiler on the theme of the movie that I think they absolutely accidentally nailed the release timing
    One theme of the movie is that the Elon Musk analog character sucks shit and is an absolute moron and all of his sycophantic hangers on are absolute dogshit people

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Chall wrote: »
    Draft
    Hearing Glass Onion is better than Knives Out has my expectations through the roof

Just saw it and they are very different movies, I think I would agree that Glass Onion is better.

There's a small spoiler on the theme of the movie that I think they absolutely accidentally nailed the release timing
    One theme of the movie is that the Elon Musk analog character sucks shit and is an absolute moron and all of his sycophantic hangers on are absolute dogshit people
    that's evergreen

• Options
    Also not sure if everyone will see this trailer but apparently there's a movie coming out about 4 horny old women who decide to go to a Super Bowl to see Tom Brady and Gronk on the Patriots. It is heavily NFL branded and they actually have Brady appear on the Patriots.

I have no idea what year this was actually filmed or why they're releasing it now but it looks awful and it's just baffling

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Also not sure if everyone will see this trailer but apparently there's a movie coming out about 4 horny old women who decide to go to a Super Bowl to see Tom Brady and Gronk on the Patriots. It is heavily NFL branded and they actually have Brady appear on the Patriots.

I have no idea what year this was actually filmed or why they're releasing it now but it looks awful and it's just baffling

I don’t know…that sounds amazing to me

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Draft

that's evergreen

Just got back from Glass Onion myself. I won't say that it's better than Knives Out. I'd personally rank it as equal. It's a reasonably different movie than Knives Out, which is good because 'Knives Out 2: Knife Harder' would just be lazy. And yeah that theme had some great timing.

Decent crowd too, given it was a 2pm showing on a Wednesday. I hope this week pulls some good numbers for Glass Onion.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    I got really fucking excited when I thought Glass Onions was out, but then realized it is that stupid limited theater release, of which there are none here and I have to wait a month to watch it.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    I got really fucking excited when I thought Glass Onions was out, but then realized it is that stupid limited theater release, of which there are none here and I have to wait a month to watch it.

Yeah, they were only at Marcus Theaters locations in my town.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    I'm glad it's getting a theater release at all, Knives Out was a blast with a crowd

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Do they explain what the Glass Onion is?

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

Several times

• Options

It's a shame, this should have a wide release, it was so good and I enjoyed laughing with the (small) crowd

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular

it's a Beatles song

• Options

it's a Beatles song

The Glass Onion was inside you all along

Please see a doctor soon

• Options
    EmperorSethEmperorSeth Registered User regular
    Oh, lucky! Glass Onion is at the Classic Cinema near me. I'll probably check it out on Saturday or Sunday, after the holiday and my brother's birthday festivities end.

Should I do Glass Onion this week and Strange World next week, or just polish them both off in a weekend?

You know what? Nanowrimo's cancelled on account of the world is stupid.
  • Options
    TruckerJTruckerJ Registered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Draft

that's evergreen

Just got back from Glass Onion myself. I won't say that it's better than Knives Out. I'd personally rank it as equal. It's a reasonably different movie than Knives Out, which is good because 'Knives Out 2: Knife Harder' would just be lazy. And yeah that theme had some great timing.

Decent crowd too, given it was a 2pm showing on a Wednesday. I hope this week pulls some good numbers for Glass Onion.

Oh shi I forgot it's already in theatres? Loved Knives out, time to book a ticket I guess! :D

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Amazing glass onion CAMEO
    hourly dong
    JGL

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Just started Triangle of Sadness and was happily unprepared for how funny it is from the start on

• Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    Just started Triangle of Sadness and was happily unprepared for how funny it is from the start on

I am gleeful someone else is watching this. Everyone should watch it. It should be mandatory watching for anyone who has a human facing position at work.

• Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    This dinner scene is fucking killing me

• Options
    I'm not going to lie, I looked away for most of the dinner scene...

...the audio is...so descriptive....

• Options
    LordSolarMachariusLordSolarMacharius Red wine with fish Registered User regular
    My friends were howling at it.

Afterwards, I pointed out that it probably didn't hit me as hard as...
    ...I work in long term care, so seeing people vomiting/having loose BM is kind of just part of my life.

But it was a perfect set up of just so much being wrong, and everybody having to know it's going to end badly, but they just trudge on regardless.

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    I saw Glass Onion last night and as someone who thought Knives Out was a 7/10 movie, I really enjoyed its follow-up.

I intentionally abstained from watching any trailers or looking anything up regarding it, so almost every actor who showed up (except for Daniel Craig & Janelle Monáe) was a fun surprise.

It's a lot of fun and it could not have released at a better time, as its theme is incredibly relevant to news as of late.

But in a movie with a lot of good jokes, the thing that got me to laugh the hardest was:
    When the film does its flashback to the character's in their early 30's at the Glass Onion tavern and Ed Norton shows up dressed exactly like Tom Cruise in Magnolia.

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I watched the Christmas Story sequel with the family today because we needed something passive to zone out to between dessert and Jackbox.

It was… uh… on par with the original, more or less? It’ll obviously never become a cult classic or anything, and it wasn’t good, but I got in a solid nap for like 20 minutes and when I woke up my wife asked if I wanted another slice of pie, so it wasn’t all bad.

minor incident on
    Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    watching barbarian and while i appreciate the
    cops being unhelpful assholes cos they think shes a crackhead, why did neither of them think it was suspicious that the house in the middle of a derelict street had two fancy new cars parked in front of it?

• Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I watched the Christmas Story sequel with the family today because we needed something passive to zone out to between dessert and Jackbox.

It was… uh… on par with the original, more or less? It’ll obviously never become a cult classic or anything, and it wasn’t good, but I got in a solid nap for like 20 minutes and when I woke up my wife asked if I wanted another slice of pie, so it wasn’t all bad.

I assume you mean the new one, and not "A Christmas Story 2" or Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss

• Options
    minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Maddoc wrote: »

I assume you mean the new one, and not "A Christmas Story 2" or Ollie Hopnoodle's Haven of Bliss

Oh yeah, the new one that just came out.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Options
    MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    I'm just kind of obsessed with the fact that a Christmas Story has three sequels

• Options
    Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I’m watching Slayers

Vampire slayer Elliot Jones made it his life's mission to take revenge on the bloodsuckers who killed his teenage daughter. After years of tracking them, he's finally reached their secret and hidden base. However, to get to them, he'll need help from a motley crew of social media superstars who've been invited to party at a compound that's also a lair for ancient vampires.

• Options
    Thomas Jane has some fantastic facial hair in this movie

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    Of course he does. He's Thomas Jane, he doesn't fuck around.

Do they show his feet, and is he wearing shoes?

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I’m watching Slayers

Vampire slayer Elliot Jones made it his life's mission to take revenge on the bloodsuckers who killed his teenage daughter. After years of tracking them, he's finally reached their secret and hidden base. However, to get to them, he'll need help from a motley crew of social media superstars who've been invited to party at a compound that's also a lair for ancient vampires.

I'm okay with this premise as long as all, or at least most, of the social media "superstars" are killed in painful, gruesome ways. Otherwise, no dice.

• Options
    Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular
    Grislo wrote: »

What are you the editor of his wikifeet?

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Prohass wrote: »
    watching barbarian and while i appreciate the
    cops being unhelpful assholes cos they think shes a crackhead, why did neither of them think it was suspicious that the house in the middle of a derelict street had two fancy new cars parked in front of it?

beeeeeeeeeeecaaaaaaaaaause
    They don't care about the community!

Jokerman on
  • Options
    DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Bloods End wrote: »

Anyone can be the editor of wikifeet. If you haven't done so yet, try dipping your toes in!

• Options
    I’m watching Slayers

I'm okay with this premise as long as all, or at least most, of the social media "superstars" are killed in painful, gruesome ways. Otherwise, no dice.

So far they have gone out of their way to continuously call these people idiots so I think them dying is very likely.

• Options
    GrisloGrislo Registered User regular

I don't do unpaid work.

(Jane is/was all about not wearing shoes, and it's kind of fun to see if a project is at a level of "i'll do this thing, but I'm not wearing shoes, so figure it out")

This post was sponsored by Tom Cruise.
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

I don't do unpaid work.

(Jane is/was all about not wearing shoes, and it's kind of fun to see if a project is at a level of "i'll do this thing, but I'm not wearing shoes, so figure it out")

The Expanse podcast has multiple stories of him just showing up to set without shoes and refusing to put any on. I still can't decide if that's some asshole behavior or very funny

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    I’m with Tommy J! Shoes suck!

This discussion has been closed.