As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Maybe the real [Heroes of the Storm] were the friends we made along the way

• MMMigMMMig Registered User regular

I wonder if the heroes realize they're in a literal hell just called 'the nexus.'

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • WhelkWhelk Registered User regular
    I heard Fan say that his tier list was complete the other day and I had a big sad

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    7 losses in a row in ARAM. I'm done with thjs game mode. Have to play 1 tank and 5 healers in every single game, the other team is incredibly tryhard while my team goes without tanks or picks dead weight Medivh.

They never should've let you pick heroes at all.

• milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Not gonna be too long before the forums go into holiday mode and I can't post about shit because I lack sufficient holiday cheer or whatever the fuck. So just wanted to give everyone a heads up -- if there's a thread we all want to hang out in during that time, let me know where to be lol

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Not gonna be too long before the forums go into holiday mode and I can't post about shit because I lack sufficient holiday cheer or whatever the fuck. So just wanted to give everyone a heads up -- if there's a thread we all want to hang out in during that time, let me know where to be lol

There is usually a "general MOBA" thread

steam_sig.png
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Smrtnik wrote: »

There is usually a "general MOBA" thread

In the past, HotS chatter was a decent amount of it. This year.... well, it took us 1.5 months to fill last page, so I don't expect much :tongue:

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    I dunno guys...

Something tells me we're getting a new hero for the holidays...

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    xbwdckr4l38c.png

MMMig ^

If you had told me I would think a game where an Auriel got less healing than a Tyrael wasn't trolling, I would've called you a liar.

Yet....I think maybe it was a child?

To be fair, Tyrael has pretty fantastic self-healing if the other team can't peel or punish him.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I came across this new moba called Fangs. Anyone been following it? 4v4 with no towers or minions. Lots of brawling spread out over a BO5 format. Might be something? Unless it's not...who knows?

https://youtu.be/k37u90ijH_U

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited November 2022
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    I came across this new moba called Fangs. Anyone been following it? 4v4 with no towers or minions. Lots of brawling spread out over a BO5 format. Might be something? Unless it's not...who knows?

Looks very ARAM-y? No real macro strategy? Do you know how long games last?

kime on
    Steam profile
    To be fair, Tyrael has pretty fantastic self-healing if the other team can't peel or punish him.

No, not self-healing. Regular healing.

kime wrote: »

No idea about how the game plays. Definitely looks like short matches and not very HotS or LoL like.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Looks like 4v4 Battlerite.

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Odd Anduin has an interesting taunt
    fiuoigbkx4ke.jpg
    He slices at the head of Sylvanas

So I 7SSed outside enemy spawn point.

Apparently my body crossed into the spawn and kicked me out, then 7SS continued and my body went in again and it kicked me out again.

Apparently 7SS does actually keep your body in the game, just maybe not targettable??

l4lGvOw.png

wra
  • DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    edited December 2022

No idea about how the game plays. Definitely looks like short matches and not very HotS or LoL like.

This is out and I tried it and

It feels like a Netmarble mobile game. Like, it feels like trying to play those weird mobile gamed with the digital joystick on the screen. It doesn't have that, of course, it has WASD movement, but.

You also have 5 abilities, an ultimate, and a passive to learn, so your beginning games are just a constant stream of wtf do I do.

Instead of items, you basically have talents. Except you pick them all at the start of the game, they must be unlocked on your profile using in game currency, and you have a minute to decide what all you are equipping, cause the prematch countdown is already going. There's a generic one, three ability talent slots, an ult slot, and a boon, which are basically summoner spells.

It is all new and confusing and I can't give a real opinion of it yet, but it feels maybe too dense for its own good at the beginning?

Also, games are generally measured in single digit minutes, with a full match being I think Bo5

Docshifty on
    Just won a match. Bo5. Going the full 5 took 22 minutes.

So hella short games.

If people were wanting to see some Fangs, looks like there's a tournament happening? Fan is playing in it maybe? Stream link

"Multiple win conditions" it says online, what are they, anyone know?

Steam profile
  • ArcTangentArcTangent Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    If people were wanting to see some Fangs, looks like there's a tournament happening? Fan is playing in it maybe? Stream link

"Multiple win conditions" it says online, what are they, anyone know?

If the team's captain dies four times, that team loses.

Or push the thingy to the core.

ArcTangent on
    ztrEPtD.gif
    I don't think Fangs is gonna be for me. I don't really want 20 minutes of a teamfight. But I think that could be fun for some people, so hopefully it does well for those of y'all that like it :)

Steam profile
    Yeah it is very much not a moba or moba replacement. Which kinda takes out my interest.

• NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    So decided to use AI games to quickly bang out some quests that built up, and ran into this:
    9orv074fokl9.png

3 bots in deadgame. All with simplistic "run up the middle of the map and hit the first red thing in range" logic.

Ran into a 4th bot in the next one (luckily the only bot in the match).

• SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    I watched it the other day, and also enjoyed it.

edited December 2022
    I get powerfully nostalgic about Heroes of the Storm occasionally. This is definitely one of those times. In retrospect, HotS is almost certainly among my favorite games of all time, and the way things went down still really bothers me. There's an absolute library of game knowledge rattling around that's ... really not applicable or relevant anymore, lol. Makes me sad.

I think often about doing some amateur game development, using the elements I understand from HotS as the building blocks for something new, but I wouldn't even know where to begin lol.

milk ducks on
    The hardest part of making any MOBA has to be the netcode. See HotS's reconnect system.

I have no doubt you could do the rest because DOTA started as a mod. From there, the world is your last-hitting oyster.

https://youtu.be/awjcB05BFbA

Here's 2 hours 40 minutes of Fan playing Fangs in a tournament.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited December 2022
    OK, this is pretty hilarious. It's one thing to not have map awareness in Bronze, but these stealth moments were amazing (5:06-7:20 for the best highlight).

https://youtu.be/b42U_Dr3zqQ

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    That just feels like bullying. Those are some sad opponents.

HotS Moments Never Die:
    https://youtu.be/NpAsAdv4_U0

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Happy New Years, HotS thread
    What the odds we get any new content in 2023? lol

HotS* was on the front page of reddit recently!
    https://www.reddit.com/r/WhitePeopleTwitter/comments/zz0k27/ryan_for_the_win/
    od2iw7ckw29a1.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=694c35c89ab67b72fd70583115a4ff825800e042

Oh, wait...

*akaface was a HotS pro

I was playing some HotS and called out to my wife that there were two enemies pushing top lane with a camp. She’s like, no it’s just one.

I check my minimap and confirm it’s two enemies. She’s says no there isn’t. I move my camera there and only see one enemy, but I see two on minimap.

It then dawns on me the cataract in my right eye is doubling all the small minimap icons. FML.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFMCrLx-vA4&ab_channel=FanHOTS

The number of ZJ stacks in this is ludicrous.

I was playing some HotS and called out to my wife that there were two enemies pushing top lane with a camp. She’s like, no it’s just one.

I check my minimap and confirm it’s two enemies. She’s says no there isn’t. I move my camera there and only see one enemy, but I see two on minimap.

It then dawns on me the cataract in my right eye is doubling all the small minimap icons. FML.

Your pro career, ruined! <3

Steam profile

Well I'm getting surgery on my right eye next week and my left eye two weeks after, so maybe pro career saved?!

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited January 2023

Well I'm getting surgery on my right eye next week and my left eye two weeks after, so maybe pro career saved?!

Make sure they put an extra lense so the minimap always takes up 50% of your entire field of vision. It really is how the pros play.

TL:DR
    https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensive/comments/t499zx/why_do_some_pros_sit_so_close_to_the_monitor_and/

MMMig on
    l4lGvOw.png

wra