As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Iono was a very fun gym and fight. I felt that her whole streamer thing felt like a well-realized use of the gimmick, and she was a very fun character.

On the other hand, her referencing 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt just made me remember that Z Moves and Megas aren’t around.

• KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    DLC area that has megas as their own pokemon stuck in that form forever.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Iono was a very fun gym and fight. I felt that her whole streamer thing felt like a well-realized use of the gimmick, and she was a very fun character.

On the other hand, her referencing 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt just made me remember that Z Moves and Megas aren’t around.

Incineroar's Z-Move was the best.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
    Polaritie wrote: »

Incineroar's Z-Move was the best.

I am very happy that it got immortalized in Smash Bros at least.

• LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    flying-type gym for me, probably fortree or violet city, or possibly i'd become a ronin who travels with a team of flying-types.
    i am always struggling to limit my team to no more than two flying-types and it would be a relief to say screw it, 100% birds now.

• DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    Ghost gym! Make it murder mystery themed.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Speaking of gyms and monotype, I've been playing around to workshop a mono-bug team on showdown.

Weirdly, the most success I've had is with a team I called M O T H, which is just every moth or butterfly in the game

Frosmoth
    Volcarona
    Venomoth
    Vivillion
    Masqueraine
    Slither Wing

I'm not 100% satisfied with their movepool setup, and the team really misses sticky webs (though I do have several tailwind setters), but it can do some pretty mean setup sweeps

Highlight so far was Masqueraine taking down Iron Thorns because Thorns got locked into Body Press and I just surfed him away

EDIT: wait shit just realized masqueraine can have sticky webs lets goooo

Arch on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Found another shiny rookidee.

Arceus trying to make it up to me for all the damn tripping I keep doing over these tiny birds.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Beat the game

Huh.
    That got dark

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Just got the game yesterday and I gotta say, it's real fucking annoying the one customization option you can't change is the one you get at the very start with no context and no suggestions of what options are upcoming and which ones you can change later.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Just got the game yesterday and I gotta say, it's real fucking annoying the one customization option you can't change is the one you get at the very start with no context and no suggestions of what options are upcoming and which ones you can change later.

salons let you change all that

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Even though it is definitely easier to just buy bottlecaps/nature mints, I've always liked pokemon breeding so I'm gonna keep doing it the dumb/hard way when possible. Though the fact that power items don't seem to pass on IVs anymore is making things way more annoying, hopefully I was just a dumbass and did something wrong for this egg group.

Related, I have a bunch of spare level 1 Pupitar (Scarlet exclusive) if anyone wants one.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular

salons let you change all that

Not skin color or gender, unless I've been misreading a bunch of articles. That's why I said the first choice. Hair color, eye color, all of that stuff you can change later on at a salon, but the first thing you pick, without seeing all the other options they're about to give you and without them specifically mentioning that those specific traits cannot be changed but all others can be.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Ok, power items do work normally for breeding, I was just a dumbass (gave it the HP one when it should have been speed)

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    You can change eyes?

I know there's a make-up mirror thing, but they just tell me to talk to the lady at the front and she just lets me change my hair

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    If you press plus it should let you switch to changing your look which is basically everything but your hair if you're not at a salon.

I did end up starting over, and now I feel properly Mediterranean.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    After being a die-hard pokemon fan my entire life but hating gens 6 and 8 (and not loving 7 but thinking it was fine enough) I gotta say I really really like Scarring and Violence.

The game has crashed on me three times though so I would love some stability updates.

Also they give you a Fire/Ghost starter and then make the coolest pokemon in the game a different Fire/Ghost type? Have fun in the box, Fuecoco.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Skeledirge has grown on me. That and Torch Song into Shadow Ball is insanely strong.

Jubal77 on
    Oh my god.

(Path of Titans)
    Eating the Herba Mystica powers up your -raidon with abilities that are useful for traveling the overworld. Such as moving fast, jumping high, climbing rocks, and swimming.

Herba Mystica.

HM.

You’re giving -raidon all the HMs you find.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Skeledirge has grown on me. That and Torch Song into Shadow Ball is insanely strong.

Skeledirge is so cool. It has some nice potential to be a bulky offensive choice with Will'o'wisp, Torch Song, Hex, and Slack-off. Toss in the Throat Spray held item and Torch Song becomes an 80 power Nasty Plot the first time you use it. It's hidden ability being Unaware also helps a lot to stop things from trying to set up on it.

Is there a way to check how many steps a Pokémon has taken with you in Let’s Go mode? Also does it increment when they’re just walking and not running to an opponent? I wanna evolve Pawmo but don’t know how close I am.

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    Just walking is enough. There's no indicator.

pickup-sig.php?name=Orthanc

Switch Friend Code: SW-1406-1275-7906
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    there's no indicator but it didn't take me long at all to get them to level up the bigger thing is that pawmo is slower than you and will constantly get sucked back in

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    If you crouch you can just walk at full speed in big circles around a town while you watch a youtube video or something

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • DrDinosaurDrDinosaur Registered User regular
    For grinding steps, the tops of lighthouses are a good spot, since they're too small for the pokemon to get force recalled

There's also a track at the school and a few circular areas in cities that can serve similar functions, though you'll have to be more mindful of your speed / distance from the poke

• ChallChall Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Oh my god.

(Path of Titans)
    Eating the Herba Mystica powers up your -raidon with abilities that are useful for traveling the overworld. Such as moving fast, jumping high, climbing rocks, and swimming.

Herba Mystica.

HM.

You’re giving -raidon all the HMs you find.

... Oh goddamn it

Chall on
    edited November 2022
    DrDinosaur wrote: »
    For grinding steps, the tops of lighthouses are a good spot, since they're too small for the pokemon to get force recalled

There's also a track at the school and a few circular areas in cities that can serve similar functions, though you'll have to be more mindful of your speed / distance from the poke
    I've been using the circle in mesogonza that has all the types on its ring.

By standing on fighting type and going five laps around, it will evolve everything with the pokemon being able to keep up even if you run the circle at full speed.

Dr. Chaos on
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I wanna find some Sinistea, but I’m too low for the “good” place to get them.

I hung around the other place for a long while at night and didn’t see even one.

Do you get the poke materials from hatching eggs?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    akjak wrote: »

I hung around the other place for a long while at night and didn’t see even one.

I got them outside Zapapico on the desert side

There's not a lot, but you can reset the spawns by just zoning in and out of the town over and over

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Turambar wrote: »
    akjak wrote: »

I got them outside Zapapico on the desert side

There's not a lot, but you can reset the spawns by just zoning in and out of the town over and over

Yeah, that’s where I am.

Man... This goes up there on top of the Pokemon pile as probably best ever. If only the shiny hunting method was better it would probably be my favorite overall ever. That lead up to the ending and finale was just so good. For sure my favorite supporting cast in any pokemon.

It has faults yes that cannot be denied. But where it shined it did so very bright. Also anyone out there making fun of its graphics clearly hasnt finished it yet. That last bit was just so epic.

• KandenKanden Registered User regular
    I'm really enjoying the picnic method for shiny hunting, got 3 already today, 2 I was actually hunting and 1 that popped up randomly as I was resetting spawns, a Tadbulb and Glimmett that I hunted and a yungoos outta nowhere

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Argh, I'm missing one Ominous Stake, I've been to all the places it could be and I can't find it.

• ChallChall Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Man... This goes up there on top of the Pokemon pile as probably best ever. If only the shiny hunting method was better it would probably be my favorite overall ever. That lead up to the ending and finale was just so good. For sure my favorite supporting cast in any pokemon.

It has faults yes that cannot be denied. But where it shined it did so very bright. Also anyone out there making fun of its graphics clearly hasnt finished it yet. That last bit was just so epic.

Yeah I have nags but they're mostly minor and I'm enjoying it a lot.

I nearly lost my mind at the end of the main story when

Story spoilers
    The final battle is a full goddamn Final Fantasy boss fight between Koraidon and EVIL Koraidon while an evil robot doppelganger spouts crazy dialogue about time travel and a main character's dead parent.

Kanden wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the picnic method for shiny hunting, got 3 already today, 2 I was actually hunting and 1 that popped up randomly as I was resetting spawns, a Tadbulb and Glimmett that I hunted and a yungoos outta nowhere

Yeah I was just hoping for a better world based one. I have my foreign ditto ready to masuda.

The following pokemon mechanic is so half assed. Whats even the point of pressing ZR when you walk five feet and they immediately teleport back into the ball?

(not talking about auto battle which is just the R button and works fine)

They need to be able to stay out with you like in the SWSH DLC.

Some move faster than others.

Cyclizar, for example, can easily outpace you on foot, and can go as fast as your -raidon’s walking speed.

And Varoom? Varoom is so fast he can easily keep pace with your -raidon even at a full sprint.

edited November 2022
    Some move faster than others.

Cyclizar, for example, can easily outpace you on foot, and can go as fast as your -raidon’s walking speed.

And Varoom? Varoom is so fast he can easily keep pace with your -raidon even at a full sprint.
    I know its based on an engine and all but still
    Varoom is shockingly fast.

Like, I don't know what pokemon cannonically is supposed to be fastest but that damn thing moves in the overworld like it can almost teleport.

Dr. Chaos on
  • discriderdiscrider Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    The following pokemon mechanic is so half assed. Whats even the point of pressing ZR when you walk five feet and they immediately teleport back into the ball?

It's for when I miss a resource when throwing the ball in Pokemon Arceus.
    Don't want to have to move away just to move back and throw again.

Miraidon.

My Ride On.