As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Kanden wrote: »
    I'm really enjoying the picnic method for shiny hunting, got 3 already today, 2 I was actually hunting and 1 that popped up randomly as I was resetting spawns, a Tadbulb and Glimmett that I hunted and a yungoos outta nowhere

Yeah I was just hoping for a better world based one. I have my foreign ditto ready to masuda.
    Just using the Sparkling Sandwich lvl 3 power seems pretty crazy on the overworld

Enlong wrote: »
    Some move faster than others.

Cyclizar, for example, can easily outpace you on foot, and can go as fast as your -raidon’s walking speed.

And Varoom? Varoom is so fast he can easily keep pace with your -raidon even at a full sprint.
    Ceruledge is also a fast boi

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Lol random shiny male Combee

Gender Mint when?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Post game spoiler question

Hey I got a spicy herbal mystica from a raid
    Im gonna save it for now but I assume if we make a sandwich in a union room everyone gets the shiny rate buff yes?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    I don't even know where you get eggs from in this. Or how long sandwich buffs last.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Rami wrote: »
    I don't even know where you get eggs from in this. Or how long sandwich buffs last.

Picnics there's a little basket you can check

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »

Picnics there's a little basket you can check

Specifically, it's the basket on the ground next to the picnic table, not the basket on the table itself.

Put the two pokemon you want to breed in your party (I just bring the two, not sure if having more messes with anything or not), make a Jam sandwich for the level 1 egg buff (needs Jam + Strawberries + any pick, very easy and cheap), then afk for a while and occasionally check the basket to grab your eggs.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Aww man. The one time I actually find an Applin, and it turns out to be a Zorua in disguise.

• Options
    I gotta wonder. What makes the Smoliv line Normal type in addition to Grass? Of all the plant Pokémon, what makes the olives more in line with ordinary animals in typing?

• Options
    I just evolved a Flittle.

…that was unexpected.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I just evolved a Flittle.

…that was unexpected.

I caught its evolved form separately, and went that's what Flittle turns into?!

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Aww man. The one time I actually find an Applin, and it turns out to be a Zorua in disguise.

It's really cool that Zorua and Ditto are doing that in the overworld though.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular

Spoiler for a frustrating mechanic that isn't mentioned or teased at all that I just discovered
    Applin and Pineco, and maybe others are exclusive to trees. You have to boost your -raidon and hit a tree and sometimes a Poke will come out.

Any Applin or Pineco you find one the ground will be imposters

• Options
    So near as I can tell the cover legendary signature move does not do more damage to terratilized pokemon but I keep seeing people saying it does?

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Chall wrote: »

Spoiler for a frustrating mechanic that isn't mentioned or teased at all that I just discovered
    Applin and Pineco, and maybe others are exclusive to trees. You have to boost your -raidon and hit a tree and sometimes a Poke will come out.

Any Applin or Pineco you find one the ground will be imposters

When you unlock boosting it tells you that hitting trees will knock pokemon out.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Oh wow. Throat Spray is a neat item.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I gotta wonder. What makes the Smoliv line Normal type in addition to Grass? Of all the plant Pokémon, what makes the olives more in line with ordinary animals in typing?

well they're normal

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Oh wow. Throat Spray is a neat item.

I used it on a mixed sweeper Toxicity in SwSh and it's a solid item for sure. Skeledirge just makes super good use of it thanks to their signature move being sound based and already raising sp.atk by one stage.

• Options
    I don't understand freestyle sandwich making

I'm trying to get humungo power Water.
    So I take Rice, which gives humungo power to Water among other things.
    Then I take lots of Cucumber since that boosts Water. Then Cream Cheese since that also boosts Water.

But I end up with catching power water, encounter power fighting and humungo power normal

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Boy do I wish the map would tell you the recommended level of stuff.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Dear Uva Academy Director,

I sent my child to your institution to receive an education. When my child returned she was Pokemon Champion, which is nice, but she also does not know what Math is. I will be bringing this issue up to the Paldea Board of Education at next week's meeting.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    akjak wrote: »
    Boy do I wish the map would tell you the recommended level of stuff.

Wild pokemon do seem to mostly be a good guide it seems. (You can see their level outside of battle if you hold zL to lock on like you were going to throw your pokemon to fight them).

...which is how I survived the pokemon center lady trying to get me killed when I asked where to go next and she tried to send me to an area full of level 50s while my party was around 30.

Also, has anyone noticed that trainers seem to universally have weaker pokemon than the wild ones running around near them? Usually trainers are slightly higher than the nearby wild pokemon...

Polaritie on
    Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Cameron_TalleyCameron_Talley Registered User regular
    If you talk to the lady at the Pokemon center and ask her where to go, she'll tell you exactly where you should go next and even mark your map.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4598-4278-8875
    3DS Friend Code: 0404-6826-4588 PM if you add.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    If you talk to the lady at the Pokemon center and ask her where to go, she'll tell you exactly where you should go next and even mark your map.

See the post above yours where she sent someone with level 30 pokemon to a level 50 area.

She is trying to send me after the Earth Titan, who swept my entire party even with favorable matchups.

Edit: Yeah, she sent me after the level 44 ground titan instead of the much more reasonable level 28 steel titan.

akjak on
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Yeah, I haven’t played it but it sounds like they probably just tell you what’s in the area, which isn’t helpful in this instance.

• Options
    I’m surprised an in-universe level scanner isn’t a thing in Pokémon now. You can just pass it off as new tech. Put a marker down on the map, a ripple effect plays and then it just tells you what levels are in the area. Could have a cute call back to Dragonball where the trainer scans a person and realises they’re from the Elite 4.

Her power level is in the f-f-fifties!

l7zlw8olteof.png

• Options
    akjak wrote: »

See the post above yours where she sent someone with level 30 pokemon to a level 50 area.

She is trying to send me after the Earth Titan, who swept my entire party even with favorable matchups.

Edit: Yeah, she sent me after the level 44 ground titan instead of the much more reasonable level 28 steel titan.

This should help
    hao8v75h5ehv.jpg

• Options
    Hah, I just saved that on my phone

• Options
    Here's a map with levels and suggested order:
    c62wpp224aor.jpg

• Options
    Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    ZL is your friend as someone else pointed out. The pokemon levels will generally tell you the level of the area. Its pretty simple. And in true open world ish game fashion if I was too low level for an area I explored a bit and then left knowing I at least got the tele point for later.

Jubal77 on
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Golly but the female Dragon Tamers have a bad case of Dreamworks Smirk.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    Pretty sure nurse joy reccomends the closest badge to your location not level.
    Flew around the map and she would change her reccomendations to whatever was closer.

• Options
    Clearly after years of working at a Poke Center and seeing countless dumbass trainers Nurse Joy has grown bitter towards them. She has become so spiteful that she recommends destinations that are dangerous on the off chance the trainer will die in the attempt.

It is almost the perfect crime.

• Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    You can't ride Cyclizar or anything else in the game can you? It'd be neat but it seems unlikely.

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I hear you can put maushold on your feet.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Surprise trading away all my spare Larvitar got me mostly garbage, but also a Ditto, a Quaxly, and a Dratini with 3 perfect IVs.

So altogether a pretty good result?

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    I keep stalling my progress by finding some neat new pokemon I want in my party, but because I’m Extra I have to do minor breeding/ev training/leveling up for a couple hours before getting back to whatever I was doing.

Edit: Anyway that’s how I have a shiny Tadbulb, even tho I think the shiny evo is ugly.

akjak on
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Hey, just thought you all should know, Dudunsparce can learn Sandstorm

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    I'm not a fan of Dudunsparce

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Kupi wrote: »

dragon tamers are such smug dudes talking about how hard it is to raise dragon types and it's like y'all they're so common in this region you use them as bicycles

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Kupi wrote: »

dragon tamers are such smug dudes talking about how hard it is to raise dragon types and it's like y'all they're so common in this region you use them as bicycles

You can't really call yourself a Pokemon trainer until you've raised Dragon types. Why Cici and I were on holiday at our chateau in Kalos, have you ever been? You really must! There we picked up the most darling Dratini. Kalos dragons you see are of superior breeding to the common herd you'll find elsewhere. Proper pedirgree is a must!