As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What's my recourse for a mod who lied...

TemporaryAltTemporaryAlt Registered User new member
...to have me permanently banned?

http://www.penny-arcade.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1073820944&start=250
Terrorbyte was banned for trolling/thread assassinating/being an asshole in G&T. He decided to make a clever second account and post outside of G&T.

He is now banned until Duke Nukem Forever can be found packaged with Prey in a jewel case at Best Buy for $10.

1. I was banned for making jokes in the James Kim thread. So, making bad taste jokes is somehow a temp-ban offense. Whatever. I guess I did the crime and I served the time. I was told it would be a 12 hour ban.

2. Twelve hours came and went, and when I tried to sign back in, I was informed that I had been permanently banned for creating an alternate account. This right here is the first account other than Terrorbyte that I've ever created, and I did so about five minutes ago so that I could get some kind of contact information to have my case heard.

3. I'm not sure of which mod to go to, so I created a thread here. I don't know who Accault is friend with among the mods and I don't know who the hell can help. By the dude's tone, he obviously wanted me gone and was looking for any excuse to do so.

If an honest mod could look at the logs for Terrorbyte, its IP addresses and this one (from work) you'll see that TemporaryAlt is the only other account I've ever made and that it was for just this post. And I've only ever posted in two forums -G&T and GV. I don't know whether Accault's action was a matter of maliciousness or carelessness, but I'd like it fixed, please.

Sorry for the hassle.

TemporaryAlt on

• Options
    FierceDeity666FierceDeity666 Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    answer, you're a dick.

FierceDeity666 on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited December 2006
    I don't have anything against you, but I know for a fact that you've been warned several times about your behaviour and you've continued to act the dick, so I'm not inclined to investigate your banning in any way.

Tube on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2006
    i've brought it up in the mod forum

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    I didn't lie. There was evidence but, unfortunately, a fellow mod accidentally deleted the evidence.

1. You were performing a thread assassination.
    2. We are looking into it.
    3. I can help, because I am nothing if not fair.

My action was neither, this would have been easily cleared up if it wasn't for an extraneous situation.

Accualt on
  • Options
    AccualtAccualt Registered User regular
    edited December 2006
    Since another mod deleted the original alternate account I can neither prove nor disprove that Terrorbyte created Terrorcock. So, on a technicality, he may roam free amongst us once more.

Accualt on
This discussion has been closed.