As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Kupi wrote: »
    Golly but the female Dragon Tamers have a bad case of Dreamworks Smirk.

dragon tamers are such smug dudes talking about how hard it is to raise dragon types and it's like y'all they're so common in this region you use them as bicycles

You can't really call yourself a Pokemon trainer until you've raised Dragon types. Why Cici and I were on holiday at our chateau in Kalos, have you ever been? You really must! There we picked up the most darling Dratini. Kalos dragons you see are of superior breeding to the common herd you'll find elsewhere. Proper pedirgree is a must!

Cool story. I have a trash bag, toxic waste pile and this bug that has a mushroom infestation. Wanna touch it?

• Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Have you seen this goblin with paint all over his claws? He’s absolutely feral and he WILL bite you. Also it seems like he might have fleas.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Co-op doesn't work how I expected. I joined a Violet game but still see Scarlet-exclusive pokemon. I also can't help with Team Star fights or trainer battles or anything.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Oh no, I've become too friendly with my team

They've starting toughing it out, dodging attacks and landing extra crits

Please, I don't need cheats

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Turambar wrote: »

... does that actually happen in Scarlet and Violet? I legit thought they removed it because I haven't seen it, even from my starter. I guess I've just been rotating my team (and not using my starter) too much to hit that point.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Larry is amazing. This might be the best version of “normal-type gym leader” they’ve ever done.

• Options
    And yeah

Between friend boosts, always-on EXP Share, and always-on switch prompts, the game feels easier in moment-to-moment battles than ever. I don’t get why they’d take out the option to turn off some of these features; that’s been a thing for the longest time.

• Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular

... does that actually happen in Scarlet and Violet? I legit thought they removed it because I haven't seen it, even from my starter. I guess I've just been rotating my team (and not using my starter) too much to hit that point.

Yeah, it's tied to picnics or making sandwiches

Happened to me because I was experimenting with sandwiches

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    meme
    FiR1h_lakAIATa7.jpeg.jpg

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Enlong wrote: »
    Larry is amazing. This might be the best version of “normal-type gym leader” they’ve ever done.

he's a totally regular guy and he's never killed anyone.

meanwhile, everyone thinks of Atticus as a ninja...

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited November 2022

Yeah, it's tied to picnics or making sandwiches

Happened to me because I was experimenting with sandwiches

Ah, so that's why they haven't happened to me, I don't really do the sandwich thing.

Really, I've been having to pay enough attention. Also, (spoilers for the Titans questline)
    Arven absolutely kicked my behind after the fifth titan, in the lab visit. I got there at like level 48 highest with a slot or two on training guys and the man is packing level 60 mons. The fuck you mean you're weak at battling, Arven, you could literally waltz up to any previous Champion save Cynthia and Leon and turn them into a splatter on the ground without effort.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Haven't seen this discussed yet: they actually removed the Hail weather effect entirely and replaced it with Snow. Snow raises the Defense of Ice-types by 50% and activates all Abilities and move effects that Hail did.

Competitively, I think this makes Snow a much more viable weather to set. Three of Ice's too-many weaknesses are primarily physical, so they appreciate the damage reduction, and Aurora Veil becomes a much more viable Reflect/Light Screen replacement when you don't have to chip damage your own team to set it up.

Speaking of Ice's type matchups, this wouldn't bring it anywhere near viability, but I think it should resist Normal. Like Rock and Steel, solid Ice is something that isn't very comfortable to slap, shove, or scratch at.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    5N4Tpcx.jpg

This is barely an exaggeration.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    TerrendosTerrendos Decorative Monocle Registered User regular
    Just Nemona.

Just Nemona.

Just Nemona.

• Options
    initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    The final fights of the star/titans lines were both great.

I’ve just to put some effort into the league. I got through 2 on my first attempt before dying and then finished the other two lines so I’m probably up a few levels from last time

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    So I caught a Tera Dragon Eevee. What eeveelution should I make it?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Gotta make it the fairy one, just for the extra flex.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Nemona is the best, the lil battle maniac.

Thats how you do a friendly rival.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I felt called out by the champion fight as we shared four of the same pokemon.
    Wait a minute I know this strategy, this is my strategy. How dare you.

• Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Oh this is interesting, I caught a Vivillion and it's the fancy pattern.

Fancy & pokeball patterns were the two special, event only patterns that were largely unobtainable by anyone (especially pokeball). I assumed SV would be region specific as usual, but they seem to have made it fancy pattern only for everyone.

Hopefully they give away the pokeball pattern so I can finally have all 20 patterns.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Rami wrote: »
    Oh this is interesting, I caught a Vivillion and it's the fancy pattern.

Fancy & pokeball patterns were the two special, event only patterns that were largely unobtainable by anyone (especially pokeball). I assumed SV would be region specific as usual, but they seem to have made it fancy pattern only for everyone.

Hopefully they give away the pokeball pattern so I can finally have all 20 patterns.
    I heard fancy is the only one available in SV too.

If so, thats pretty lame.

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Going back to the old way for EV training feels weird, but at least they make it easy to get multiple power items at once.

Though they did change the -ev berries, first one used no longer reduces max EVs all the way to 100 (so you need 26 berries to fully zero out a stat that's maxed out).

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    ph blake wrote: »
    Going back to the old way for EV training feels weird, but at least they make it easy to get multiple power items at once.

Though they did change the -ev berries, first one used no longer reduces max EVs all the way to 100 (so you need 26 berries to fully zero out a stat that's maxed out).
    No pokerus either.

Not sure why they're making ev training harder while making everything else easier.

• Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Nemona is great. And I thought Arven was going to be a basic-ass asshole but turns out, no, dude's great too.
    Any man who is willing to go this hard for his dog is a man I'm proud to call a friend.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Nemona is great. And I thought Arven was going to be a basic-ass asshole but turns out, no, dude's great too.
    Any man who is willing to go this hard for his dog is a man I'm proud to call a friend.

So far, most of the way through the three paths... Arven is easily the best of them, Nemona is dead last. (As a person, I mean. I'm enjoying scenes with Nemona but she is completely obsessed)

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

No pokerus either.

Not sure why they're making ev training harder while making everything else easier.

I have like 800 feathers so it's not that much harder

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

No pokerus either.

I have like 800 feathers so it's not that much harder
    Thats enough for a few pokemon (about 260 each I think) but the amount of casual traveling I'll be doing once I finished the pokedex would be minimal. It would turn into a lot of grinding to get those.

• Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Nemona has some really good postgame scenes that are locked behind completing all 3 main stories.

Easily my favorite character in the series though, she's great

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Drascin wrote: »

So far, most of the way through the three paths... Arven is easily the best of them, Nemona is dead last. (As a person, I mean. I'm enjoying scenes with Nemona but she is completely obsessed)

I rather empathize with Nemona because I'm a board game player. Having nobody to play a game you desperately love with, does things to a person.

What Nemona is with pokemon battling I'm basically with BattleCON :P.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Iono sounds exactly like I thought she would.

https://youtu.be/IrYtaqFT5rE

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Can you get those pastel magnemites? No?

• Options
    Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    I'm looking to trade for the Scarlet exclusives, specifically the Larvitar and Deino line. I've got all the Violet exclusives besides the evolved power ranger guy, if that sweetens the pot.

Also either of the non-fuecoco starters wouldn't be terrible. If anyone's got a few minutes this afternoon, feel free to shoot me a DM!

• Options
    Unfortunately, no.

• Options
    Disgusting.

• Options
    I don’t have anywhere in the world to put this, so you all must suffer this doodle.
    hka2e0hsvq6e.jpeg

I don’t really have an answer for you. I just want them to be free. Kinda made a convergent evolution with Crustle, but hey, no one’s paying me for this. I do what I want.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Unfortunately, no.

Which begs the question of what the hell they are because they are definitely living but are not Magnemite

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    loasjydg4fqj.png

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I've had some success lately with shiny hunting mass outbreaks. So far I've gotten a shiny Flittle (Espathra's shiny is a goth psychic ostrich) and a shiny Noivern. It is so easy to change almost everything about a Pokemon to make it competitive ready, which means these shinies could very well see use outside of just being part of my collection.

• Options
    Man, can we have this gym challenge format for the series going forward? It’s so neat to have each gym be a unique puzzle or side quest.