As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    i hated the gym challenges, but it’s okay because they were easy and quick.

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    On the other hand, can we retire "go find > double-digit numbers of something small in the open world to get a special Pokemon"? I spent a half-hour looking for the things to get this game's non-box legendaries, and while my bag overfloweth with incidental items and TMs, I found all of none of the thing I'm looking for. Going to find a map tomorrow and just cruise through them.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i like the idea of the black stakes but the complete randomness with which they're distributed, along with no sense of progression until you get them all, makes them a bit of a stinker

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Is there a helpful tool somewhere to do the “six degrees of separation” for getting egg moves around?

I’m trying to get Ice Hammer on Tinkatink, but what’s the “path” between Crabominoble and Tink?

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Options
    akjak wrote: »
    Is there a helpful tool somewhere to do the “six degrees of separation” for getting egg moves around?

I’m trying to get Ice Hammer on Tinkatink, but what’s the “path” between Crabominoble and Tink?

There's no path anymore. It's not egg group based - have them both hold a Mirror Herb, have an open slot on Tink, have Ice Hammer be the only egg move on Crab she can learn, and have a picnic.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited November 2022

There's no path anymore. It's not egg group based - have them both hold a Mirror Herb, have an open slot on Tink, have Ice Hammer be the only egg move on Crab she can learn, and have a picnic.

I think only the Pokemon that needs to learn the move needs a mirror herb. But yeah, now you don't have to worry about egg groups or whether the pokemon are even different sexes, which makes egg moves super easy to move around.

Cruor on
  • Options
    ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    i like the idea of the black stakes but the complete randomness with which they're distributed, along with no sense of progression until you get them all, makes them a bit of a stinker

God, these were the worst.

I even went back to the shrine cause I was like "surely there will be some way to interact with the door that will hint/point at which direction I need to look in for the final one I'm missing?" but lmao, nope, just gotta desperately scour the landscape like an idiot

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    Basically everything for competitive can be done without re-breeding a Pokemon now, with the sole exception of doing 0IV stuff for Trick Room etc. That's the only thing that you have to go back to just hatching forever.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Basically everything for competitive can be done without re-breeding a Pokemon now, with the sole exception of doing 0IV stuff for Trick Room etc. That's the only thing that you have to go back to just hatching forever.

Well, that and the few Pokemon with sex-locked evolutions like Salazzle and Vespiquen

• Options
    Look if you say to yourself "I am going to make a competitive Vespiquen" you're already a masochist

liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Hm. I was having a picnic, and even with egg power active those two didn’t wanna get it on. Or will Crab just teach her the move?

• Options

Hm. I was having a picnic, and even with egg power active those two didn’t wanna get it on. Or will Crab just teach her the move?

Yeah the tink you have will literally just get it. Nothing else required.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Oh that is handy then. I still need a “better” Tink tho

Next you’re gonna tell me there’s a better way to EV train than hitting 30 Rookidees with a hammer, right?

akjak on
  • Options
    I'm not really surprised at how shit the interface for joining online terra raids is, cause lol nintendo

but

oh my god it's so shit!

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

Well, that and the few Pokemon with sex-locked evolutions like Salazzle and Vespiquen

Wild VespiQueen are everywhere at least.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Oh that is handy then. I still need a “better” Tink tho

Next you’re gonna tell me there’s a better way to EV train than hitting 30 Rookidees with a hammer, right?

Be rich and buy vitamins

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Do Pokémon get EV points for beating up Pokémon in Let’s Go mode?

• Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Oh god, Tera Raids against Grimer are terrifying. Eyes everywhere! :lol:

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    One new viable strategy for competitive play is using Klawf's neverending buff/debuff messages to force a rage quit from your opponent.
    Enlong wrote: »
    Do Pokémon get EV points for beating up Pokémon in Let’s Go mode?
    They don't even get a reduced amount, its zilch.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    That sucks. It would be a perfect thing to use Let's Go Mode for, particularly with those big swarms of mons when you have encounter power active.

Really seems like for every great idea, they sneak in an annoying limitation, too.

• Options
    Can someone reccomend me a good Grass type or user of Grass moves? My team currently includes Skeledirge, Orthworm, Daschbun, Pawmot, and Garganacl as solid picks, but I feel like I need a good Grass user to help deal with ground, rock, and some water types.

I do have an Arboliva, if that's a good pick to level up. And I'm trying to find some dang Petilil so that I can make another Trailblaze TM to give to my Daschbun.

• Options
    Arboliva is a really good special attacker (base 125 sp.atk) with good defenses. It's slow as hell though, so you'll get hit first pretty often.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »
    Arboliva is a really good special attacker (base 125 sp.atk) with good defenses. It's slow as hell though, so you'll get hit first pretty often.

The fun thing is that getting hit causes Grassy Terrain and then you hit harder.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Also, should I be giving Arboliva Hyper Voice? Seems like a decent idea to have a STAB move for Normal, and her signature Terrain Pulse attack becomes Grass under Grassy Terrain.

Probably I should get Arboliva a Shell Bell or Leftovers when I can.

I do like the idea of having Grassy Terrain up; kinda helps Garganacl do its thing.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Also, should I be giving Arboliva Hyper Voice? Seems like a decent idea to have a STAB move for Normal, and her signature Terrain Pulse attack becomes Grass under Grassy Terrain.

I do like the idea of having Grassy Terrain up; kinda helps Garganacl do its thing.

What thing do you have Garganacl doing?

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Got a shiny Scatterbug.

Uh I don't want it.

I wonder if I can scam a koraidon for it?

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options

What thing do you have Garganacl doing?

Slapping things with Salt Cure and waiting for them to die, while using Iron Defense and Recover to outlast them. Having a little healing helps him stay in, while not actually outpacing the damage of Salt Cure for the opponent. Definitely wanna get the Body Press TM for him too; that's hilarious when combined with Iron Defense or Curse.

I also got Shed Tail on my Orthworm, which is another way to help Garganacl switch in and start salting things.

• Options
    Garganacl can also get Stealth Rocks, so you can set up a "stay in and be salty or switch out to a friend who, surprise, gets poked and also likely gets salty"

• Options
    Ooh good point.

Would that go over Body Press or Iron Defense? Or possibly even Recover? I'm not too great at working out movesets.

• Options
    I'd probably put it over Iron Defense, since Garganacl's defense is already plenty high to help out body press.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    The most popular garganacl set I've seen, for vcg style doubles at least, is Salt Cure/Iron Defense/Recover/Body Press with some defensive terra type (usually grass) to give it even more staying power versus it's natural counters (water/grass/ground special attackers).

Basically just a big, annoying rock that you either kill fast (letting it's partner do it's thing), or, whoops, now it's +4 def, immune to status, and OHKOing everything with body press.

Edit: note that crits in general, and meowscarada in particular, can really ruin it's day, but it's a solid set for sure

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Oh yeah, Meowscarada has Flower Trick, which is always-accurate and always-crits, IIUC.

double battles seem like they have some fun combos these days. I like the idea of pairing Skeledirge and Espathra, for instance. Torch Song + Lumina Crash has to be nasty for almost anything to be on the recieving end. That, or you pair Espathra with someone using Flatter.

Enlong on
  • Options
    I liked Garganacl's look a lot better before it evolved. It's too top-heavy now. Naclstack was cute and looked like a Minecraft creature. Nacli looked like a Mario 'shroom.

I do dig it tho, it's been a solid (heh) member of the team since I got one way back at the beginning. Salt Cure won me a gym battle I was waaay under leveled for. Well, Salt Cure and about 15 Revives.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    I kinda like Garganacl's top-heavy design, just because it looks like a big stoney golem or statue.

But I will say that I miss Nacli's design.

Enlong on
  • Options
    RamiRami Registered User regular
    Salt cure let me beat the ground titan at like, level 23 while I spammed revives until the salt killed it.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Rami wrote: »
    Salt cure let me beat the ground titan at like, level 23 while I spammed revives until the salt killed it.

Yeah.. "ground" titan my ass. That thing is a STEEL TYPE.

• Options
    I kinda like Garganacl's top-heavy design, just because it looks like a big stoney golem or statue.

But I will say that I miss Nacli's design.

It's too mono-chrome. They needed to break up the white chunks with some inclusions, like on the Naclstack before. Just some dots of color here and there to break up the "WHITE CHONKS" taking up half your screen.

While I'm at it, can we talk about Tinkaton's hammer? You can't even see over the damn thing. LOL.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    If you can see past the hammer, the hammer isn't big enough.

And that's fair on Garganacl. He has a bunch of rocky brown strata on his legs and head, but you usually see just the white salt pyramid when he's in battle.

Enlong on
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Hey Folks, we bred some copies of the meta regional steel pokemon that needs hidden ability to really shine. They all have the HA and mostly max IVs. (Next round will have perfect IVs but have a box full of non-max) so if anyone needs one to prepare for higher end raids hit me up and i'll be happy to trade you one.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    what 'mon is that? In spoiler if you like