As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• Options
    kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Tonights Archon hunt turned out quite profitable for me.
    1. Got a tauforged red shard (my first).
    2. Got a blue potato blueprint.
    3. Got a shedu receiver (only lacking a handle now).

I think the first hunt I did I got a tau forged, could be the second though, I'm old. Have not seen once since. To be honest, I haven't even slotted them since the second week, I just like collecting them.

kralizecc on
    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Having a blast with Gyre. The downside of being a glass cannon is of course that I'm a glass cannon.

• Options
    tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    I just... have to say... I still think this is stupid. (spoiler is real spoiler):
    jwklv49ve9pp.png

but then again, how many years of hologram Lotus were there? Going back to that type of plot device is just meh.

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    yeeeeep

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    "We still needed a vendor and this was less buggy than trying to make up something new conditionally based on world state".

I'm cool w/ dirty hacks for shit like that tbh.

• Options
    I just... have to say... I still think this is stupid. (spoiler is real spoiler):
    jwklv49ve9pp.png

but then again, how many years of hologram Lotus were there? Going back to that type of plot device is just meh.

But isn't that accurate for the base dimension the majority of the game takes place in? Or are you saying
    that you think the texture of poorly mixed resin feels lame? I haven't gone over the plot since doing the quests on the days they drop, but my understanding is that in the portion of the wave function that we are collapsed in, he's dead. Not dead in a universal sense but for sure gone in the area of the wave function that that station exists in.

• Options
    well,
    I feel like the better move there would have been to write something entirely different for that sequence. the scene itself felt clunky and stilted... and having another hologram replacement that behaves the same way just doesn't vibe. I don't think it's even acknowledged in-game that it's not the real one.

From a story timeline perspective, it's also weird. Like... you have to do The New War before you can unlock the Zariman for the Steel Path... and it doesn't seem like it would behave any differently conversation-wise than if it were the real Teshin there. Even the concept of the hologram Teshin being a collection of past comments repeated would just be off, unless Teshin decided to Batman-tier prepare a hologram to have the conversation he would make with you were you on the Steel Path beforehand in the untimely event of his demise.

With timey-wimey stuff at play, it's likely that he's not dead-dead... but still it's just messy. I guess the Duviri stuff will fix it. Maybe? IDK.

• Options
    I really like the rep system they started moving towards after Cetus. So much better to just play for fun and I end up with a stockpile of materials I can hand in without having to grind missions every day to cap rep. I just quickly go there and drop items in their lap.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Also. It appears that the new syndicate system doesn't give negative rep anymore. You just get main rep and then positive rep for their ally.

Fiendishrabbit on
    "The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    So you're saying I could turn off the adorable squads of eximus that try SO SO SO HARD to bother me?

They'd be so disappointed though.

• Options
    I hope you still get invaded by the faction that hates the faction you're repping even if you have positive rep with them

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    I dunno the consequences for it, except that I'm going to get a lot of rep from all those archwing and syndicate weapons that I haven't bought.

Although I have to rep for Perrin sequence and I'll have to get positive standing with the space-nazis. Urk.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    are you sure?

so if I am max rank Perrin, I can align with Steel Meridian and I won't rank down Perrin? (I haven't pledged a syndicate since I came back to being unpledged).

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    After testing. I was wrong. They're still subtracting favor from opposed factions, it's just not shown on your mission summary. :(

• Options
    edited November 2022
    lol... yeah negative syndicate and their death squads are one of those things I wish they would remove but they never will... :P

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    lol... yeah negative syndicate and their death squads are one of those things I wish they would remove but they never will... :P

I mean. I have probably the most annoying one in the packs of Ancients, and they're a fuckin' speedbump if I'm not doing something dumb like levelling all my weapons at once. Sometimes the little dudes on a mission with me will panic or go down or clearly have trouble, but I just pick them up and drag them onward. (And actually, with the change to forma/mod capacity behavior, that rarely even comes up; my god-slayer cannons stay about as good even after a forma now.)

• Options
    dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I used to really fear those hit squads back in the day. That plus Stalker taught me to never roll without at least one reliably good killing weapon. Now every time they show up I'm like 'WHOOOO thanks for the Syndicate BP ... I think?'. One thing that still pisses me off is that damn Stalker never brings a War BP ... with his stingy ass.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
  • Options
    dporowski wrote: »

I mean. I have probably the most annoying one in the packs of Ancients, and they're a fuckin' speedbump if I'm not doing something dumb like levelling all my weapons at once. Sometimes the little dudes on a mission with me will panic or go down or clearly have trouble, but I just pick them up and drag them onward. (And actually, with the change to forma/mod capacity behavior, that rarely even comes up; my god-slayer cannons stay about as good even after a forma now.)

Killing the death squads isn't an issue.

A faction sending death squads after me while at the same time actively requesting assistance completely oblivious to said hostility is still the issue I have with the mechanic. never liked it. the only neat thing about the syndicate death squads is they may drop their specter blueprint.

• Options
    DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    I used to really fear those hit squads back in the day. That plus Stalker taught me to never roll without at least one reliably good killing weapon. Now every time they show up I'm like 'WHOOOO thanks for the Syndicate BP ... I think?'. One thing that still pisses me off is that damn Stalker never brings a War BP ... with his stingy ass.

I finally saw a War BP a couple weeks ago. It exists! Stalker can go kick rocks now.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
  • Options
    And another repeat for my terrible luck with tau forged shards. Maybe it's the gloom of thinking I'll never get another, but lotus's "good job" at the end of the hunt sounds exactly like Rebecca Ford's sarcastic good jobs during streams.

• Options
    tbh, that kind of is what is happening. :P

• Options
    Need the next Cetus rank so I can buy the bait for that rare fish, and that rep is a draaaaag.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    what's your MR? you should be able to just spam fishing to get it right away. It's not timegated beyond that.

tastydonuts on
  • Options
    18. Thing is I'm not a fan of mining/fishing.

• Options
    OK, turns out large Murkrays give 1k standing a pop, so I guess I can stand fishing that much.

• Options
    Echo wrote: »
    Need the next Cetus rank so I can buy the bait for that rare fish, and that rep is a draaaaag.

if you're on pc and are mr2 or higher we can just trade you some fish

• Options
    ...I'll take it. And I got another 64 from the next one.

0m1dzk2vebcr.png

• Options
    OK, turns out large Murkrays give 1k standing a pop, so I guess I can stand fishing that much.

Resource boosters work on fish btw. And mining.

• Options

Smeeta kavat buff works as well, I haven't payed attention since they added all the newer loot buffing things, I wonder if strangledome etc. have any impact on feeshes.

• Options
    kralizecc wrote: »

Smeeta kavat buff works as well, I haven't payed attention since they added all the newer loot buffing things, I wonder if strangledome etc. have any impact on feeshes.

Nah, just resource boosters and smeeta impact fishing.

Though Cambion's fish spawn may be an exception to that because they are just wonky and do whatever they want.

• Options
    kralizecc wrote: »

Nah, just resource boosters and smeeta impact fishing.

Though Cambion's fish spawn may be an exception to that because they are just wonky and do whatever they want.

AFAIK the spawns aren't interacting with the booster at least, it just doubles all "resource" drops of any form, and fish are technically a drop from the spawn. It's always worked for me anyway, makes it all much less painful.

• Options
    HOT TAKE: crafting up 200 mining doodads is an annoying chore.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Seriously, larger batches at a time would be real appreciated.

• Options
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Seriously, larger batches at a time would be real appreciated.

I wouldn't mind if it took ten minutes to craft ten sets, just as long as I don't have to babysit it once a minute.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Uhhh

Did a Void Angel Exterminate mission. Zone in, one person is already fighting it 800 meters away and kills are at 3/129, it's dead before I catch up, then it's time to end the mission and I have 97 kills?

Echo on
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    Uhhh

Did a Void Angel Exterminate mission. Zone in, one person is already fighting it 800 meters away and kills are at 3/129, it's dead before I catch up, then it's time to end the mission and I have 97 kills?

Echo how dare you imply a game mode in Warframe, and a more recent one at that, has bugs! :tongue:

• Options
    Why I'd never.

Nor would I mention how I have the "have 20 warframes" achievement, but not the "have 5 warframes" one.

• Options
    Us old accounts will be forever boned on those achievements. We passed those thresholds before the system was in place. I've got tons of them that show as blank but have obviously been achieved.

• Options
    bleh, not being able to get a thing I want because it's the wrong week irked me so much in Destiny 2 and it being amber archon shard week is taking me back to that annoyance. but at least I only have to wait another week before I can buy the one. though even then this will forever be a spongeworthy dilemma...

Archon Vitality is interesting. I tried using Ember out again too. if I get her to 300 armor that would effectively double her HP if the armor math is the same?

• Options
    edited November 2022
    The math works out such that every 300 points of armor is another 100% increase to your effective HP, so 300 armor is like having 200% of your listed HP, 600 armor is like having 300% of your listed HP, 900 armor is like having 400% of your listed HP, etc.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
This discussion has been closed.