As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I'm actually pleasantly surprised at the variety I'm seeing in random multiplayer tera raids

Lots and lots of box legends and belly drum Iron Hands/Azumarill or course, but a ton of people are bringing random support sets with moves like Helping Hands, Screech/Scary Face, a weather move to debuff whatever type the raid mon likes to spam, dual screens, Life Dew.

Honestly just 2-3 super effective attackers and 1-2 supports seems like the way to go, so if you want to get into a specific tera raid but don't have something that works for that specific raid, bring something bulky with good resistances and spam helping hand + screech to let the Iron Hands or whatever murder it faster

ph blake on
    7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Oh my god.

I had a glitch when I faced the Elite Four. In which the music bugged out and only looped the 10 second (or so) intro suspense tones the entire time. The Champion theme too. Apparently that can happen if the game's been on for a long while.

I thought that was just what the music was; a weird ambient thing this time. I had no idea that it was a glitch.

And it's a damn shame, because the full versions are very good.

Enlong on
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    Jubal77 wrote: »
    Enlong wrote: »
    Zunde wrote: »
    I'm just going to build an Iron Hands Belly drum raid deleter and stick to solo raids.

Sick of getting Gate kept by assholes running Meowth who cancel the raid if somebodys not using one.

What the heck is this? What is the point of running Meowths? Not even Persian?

What, is everyone trying to spam Pay Day to get extra money? There's better ways to do that, but that's the only thing I can think of for running Meowth.
    Heck, if you want money, they could make a team of Goldengho instead

Its Perrserkers that use setup to "one shot". It is like the Iron Hands belly drum build or the Goldengho Iron Beam setup build. You Taunt, Screech, Cheer then all Iron Head together as Perrserker.

Some people are gate keeping and unless you show Perrserker they swap in a low level (if not lead) or cancel raid if they are lead. Ive run into it a couple of times myself. Taking the Iron Hands or Goldengho into groups can cause problems as the setup is more. Belly Drum you lose hp and so if people start destroying the mob it will null stats. Gholengo you want to nasty plot 2-3x (2 for 5*) and Metal Sound 2-3x and the mob will null stat changes on itself early and on the group at 1/3 or so hp so can lose all your setup easy.

does the 4th move matter? and what's the training spread, just atk and hp? or one of the defenses/speed?

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I'm just going to build an Iron Hands Belly drum raid deleter and stick to solo raids.

Sick of getting Gate kept by assholes running Meowth who cancel the raid if somebodys not using one.

What, is everyone trying to spam Pay Day to get extra money? There's better ways to do that, but that's the only thing I can think of for running Meowth.

Its Perrserkers that use setup to "one shot". It is like the Iron Hands belly drum build or the Goldengho Iron Beam setup build. You Taunt, Screech, Cheer then all Iron Head together as Perrserker.

Some people are gate keeping and unless you show Perrserker they swap in a low level (if not lead) or cancel raid if they are lead. Ive run into it a couple of times myself. Taking the Iron Hands or Goldengho into groups can cause problems as the setup is more. Belly Drum you lose hp and so if people start destroying the mob it will null stats. Gholengo you want to nasty plot 2-3x (2 for 5*) and Metal Sound 2-3x and the mob will null stat changes on itself early and on the group at 1/3 or so hp so can lose all your setup easy.

does the 4th move matter? and what's the training spread, just atk and hp? or one of the defenses/speed?

4th move has generally been Helping Hand. Sometimes the strategy is everyone Iron Head, sometimes it's everyone Helping Hand a single dude for one big attack.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

It's Purrserker not Meowth and it's the new strategy that only works half the time and only if you have an ability patch to get it's hidden ability

I didn't see one in the OP so I'm gonna make a private discord for doing raids and such if anyone is interested dm me and I'll send you an invite

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Cruor wrote: »

4th move has generally been Helping Hand. Sometimes the strategy is everyone Iron Head, sometimes it's everyone Helping Hand a single dude for one big attack.

Yeah. With no ability to talk just usually I follow the pattern. But I made the Goldengho and it is really fun to just solo them heh.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    I feel like it’s gonna take forever to get 999 of those coins tho.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
    akjak wrote: »

If you get an item drop sandwhich it helps

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    It's not so bad Austin John Plays has a really nice guide on Chest Gimmieghoul spawns and doing a circuit unlocks all the various watch towers as fast travel points. I had to do it twice because somebody in a discord asked to touch trade it for Dex credit and they stole my first one.

For raids right now since i'm not bothering to make a HA Zerker and don't have a good Iron hands yet is a Espathra with Special attack EVs Clear amulet opportunistic ability and Lumina Crash.

Lumina Crash is pretty decent support because it's -2 Special defense for use.

So far iv only cancelled a single raid and that was a 5 Star Gardevoir where the people who joined locked in 2 dragonites It was a Fairy Tera Gardevoir

Zunde on
  • PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Yeah, it's only 20 chests worst case, and with how many are right on fast travel points...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular

It's Purrserker not Meowth and it's the new strategy that only works half the time and only if you have an ability patch to get it's hidden ability

I didn't see one in the OP so I'm gonna make a private discord for doing raids and such if anyone is interested dm me and I'll send you an invite

I have a lot of extra Hidden Ability Galarian meowths still. Breeding a lot for perfect IVs so plenty of ones with 1-2 IV's off i can trade whenever. If anyone wants some just hit me up and I can trade them

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Has anyone noticed that in a bunch of areas (particularly ones with cutscenes in them), there's what appears to be a Great Ball half-embedded into the floor? What's up with that? Is that like, a flag object that's poking through the models or something?

Has anyone noticed that in a bunch of areas (particularly ones with cutscenes in them), there's what appears to be a Great Ball half-embedded into the floor? What's up with that? Is that like, a flag object that's poking through the models or something?

Yes, but it's a pokeball I keep seeing. I'll also see it in tera raids.

• Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Oh my god.

I had a glitch when I faced the Elite Four. In which the music bugged out and only looped the 10 second (or so) intro suspense tones the entire time. The Champion theme too. Apparently that can happen if the game's been on for a long while.

I thought that was just what the music was; a weird ambient thing this time. I had no idea that it was a glitch.

And it's a damn shame, because the full versions are very good.

oh, uh...

yup, definitely happened to me. I just thought it was a weird music choice heh

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular

To my understanding it’s exactly that. It has been common enough that every clip I’ve seen of the game has had the host comment on them (though they appeared as regular balls in most cases). Evidently the team didn’t have time to do the final pass on the game to make them invisible.

I can’t wait to learn that the huge memory leak is caused by infinitely spawning diglets inside an unused building or something.

Should the Gimmeghoul chests respawn or something? Because I’ve never seen them come back after visiting the towers again. The lil coin guys do, but not the ‘mon itself.

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Alright credits rolled, the story sure takes a turn after the treasure hunt huh

I've got 7 ancient pokemon, which I assume is all of them. Any violet players want to trade the future pokemon?

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    edited November 2022
    Yeah the chests will eventually respawn.

I am pretty sure you can mess with the date out of game to get them to respawn.

Also a cool little Gimmighoul factoid is that there is a chest spawn on a little cliff directly at the start of the game that i am pretty sure you can reach with a good ride-mon jump from the top of the light house it's a level 5 so a great early add to the team

Zunde on
    Holy shit that ending chapter. Holy crap what a way to end a Pokemon game. I absolutely wanna see future games continue to get that crazy; it reminds me of how much I loved Black/White jumping the rails towards the end.

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »

Yeah, I keep seeing it in the titan cave cutscenes. I tried to go back in to get the "obvious item on the floor" only to remember you can't enter those titan caves.. lol

Seriously, how is the game this broken?

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282

Also a cool little Gimmighoul factoid is that there is a chest spawn on a little cliff directly at the start of the game that i am pretty sure you can reach with a good ride-mon jump from the top of the light house it's a level 5 so a great early add to the team

How long tho? The very first one I found like 4 days ago hasn’t respawned?

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Warlock82 wrote: »

Yeah, I keep seeing it in the titan cave cutscenes. I tried to go back in to get the "obvious item on the floor" only to remember you can't enter those titan caves.. lol

So I think what happens is for example when you start gym leader battles, they don't teleport you outside to the arena. Instead they change your surroundings from the lobby to the battle arena without actually moving you.
    So afterward when you're back in the lobby, it shows the ball you threw during the battle.

Because the one time I used a pokemon in a Heal Ball against a gym leader, there was a Heal Ball in the lobby afterwards.

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb

it's apparently a chance to respawn. the lil guys have a much higher respawn rate than the chests

• Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Turambar wrote: »
    Warlock82 wrote: »

So I think what happens is for example when you start gym leader battles, they don't teleport you outside to the arena. Instead they change your surroundings from the lobby to the battle arena without actually moving you.
    So afterward when you're back in the lobby, it shows the ball you threw during the battle.

Because the one time I used a pokemon in a Heal Ball against a gym leader, there was a Heal Ball in the lobby afterwards.

Ahh, that actually makes a lot of sense. And I've seen weird shit in battles where like an NPC trainer in the background will disappear but not their pokeball, so there's just this floating pokeball flipping up and down. They must be forgetting to cull the pokeballs specifically out of the scenes for whatever reason which leads to weird shit like this.

(also holy shit if that's actually what they're doing to load some of these areas no wonder the game runs like shit... I wonder how many objects are actually hiding culled away in the background taking up resources)

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • ChallChall Registered User regular
    Draft

I think what happens is each chest had a 5% chance to respawn every day, so you should have a few back every couple days

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Oh good point.
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Man, those elemental taurus are harder to spawn than I thought they would be.

Guess they're rare.

If you eat an Encounter Power Fire (Scarlet) or Water (Violet) sandwich, and go to a place that has large herds of Tauros, you should be able to find one relatively quick.

Something I've learned is that when I'm having particular trouble finding a certain pokemon, the answer is usually sandwiches. For example, I spent about an hour searching fruitlessly for a Tandemaus, but eating a Tofu sandwich for Encounter Power Normal had me tripping over at least 3 of the guys.
    Ah yes! The sandwiches. Of course.

Keep forgetting about the other buffs, been so focused on keeping egg power up.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    i sort of love the truly weird optimal grinding things you end up doing in every pokemon

this morning i'm enjoying training up my Iron Hands, Handyman
    -eat crab stew
    -put on weighted clothing
    -beat up 28 lil shinxes for no reason
    -change clothes
    -beat up 28 woopers and azumarill for no reason
    -remove weighted clothes, have Handyman hold an egg
    -eat a ham sandwich
    -beat up dozens of chanseys by the beach
    -make handyman watch an informational video?
    -feed him candy until he is STRONG ENOUGH
    -feed him a specific kind of mint to change his personality

Lucedes on
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Apparently the evolution is pretty good in a scrap but god does it look dumb.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    Are the pokemon in raids better than wild? Higher star have better IVs or anything?

Rami wrote: »
    Alright credits rolled, the story sure takes a turn after the treasure hunt huh

I've got 7 ancient pokemon, which I assume is all of them. Any violet players want to trade the future pokemon?

If you union with a violet player I think you can go to their area zero and catch them. It's a pain you can't breed these guys. At least two have really small spawn areas and appearance rates

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Are the pokemon in raids better than wild? Higher star have better IVs or anything?

3 star raids = at least 2 perfect IVs, 4 star raids have 3, 5 star have 4, etc

Can also get Hidden Abilities from 6 star (and maybe 5* idk?) raids, as well as different tera types of course.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I do not know how people who bring Miraidon to fight a Salamance in a 6 star raid for to that point but I hate them all
    I did finally get a good group and my Screen setter Sylveon kept everyone alive and helping handed from behind a substitute

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Grusha, ice gym
    I like that they seem to be an athlete who had to retire because of injury.
    And now they're the toughest gym leader because they're kinda bitter so they don't hold back against challengers

Cool angle

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Turambar wrote: »
    Grusha, ice gym
    I like that they seem to be an athlete who had to retire because of injury.
    And now they're the toughest gym leader because they're kinda bitter so they don't hold back against challengers

Cool angle

Ahahaha.
    I had somehow concluded Montenevera was the last gym from descriptions and already done Glaseado. Sixth. No wonder it was so rough.

...of course I then did the final fights of the other two routes last night to see how those ended, so I'm now horrifically overleveled I guess for this last gym.

edited November 2022
    I kind of hate the auction house.

"Here we have 3 Bottle caps starting at 30,000!"

*Waits and sees*

Old dude - 70,000$

THEY ARE 20,000 EACH IN THE SHOP YOU FOOL

I believe Area Zero is phased so you won't see your friends there but they do need to be inside the zone also when you're playing to get version exclusive spawns.

Zunde on
  • KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I was in area zero with a violet friend last night and his exclusive mons wouldn't spawn and vice versa unless we were literally standing on top of each other.
    And then randomly I could start seeing him but he would never see me.
    But it's done now dex complete.
    105 hours?! Oh. Oh no.
    Best pokemon main game since black/white.

Fun little trick that's been discovered.

You can turn off auto-save and save in front of a shiny and when you reload the shiny will be there if you fail it.

Well they've discovered that if you're playing with somebody and say you find a shiny and you're the host save in front of it and have your friend come and catch that shiny.

Then let your friend save their game and reset yours

when you reload that shiny will be back.

Before playing Scarlet: “Well, Koraidon looks pretty friggin’ silly, running like that. But I like the version exclusives more, so I’ll get Scarlet.”

After beating Scarlet: “Koraidon is my little guy and I would kill for him.”

So this happened today. Didn’t know it was possible
    p0g34valh0cy.png

• DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Before playing Scarlet: “Well, Koraidon looks pretty friggin’ silly, running like that. But I like the version exclusives more, so I’ll get Scarlet.”

After beating Scarlet: “Koraidon is my little guy and I would kill for him.”

Koraidon has immense Toothless energy.

Steam ID: Right here.