As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Nintendo] thread, starring Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong

• Options
    ChallChall Registered User regular
    Hey post game story stuff
    So the entire staff and faculty of the school resigned last year after the Team Star debacle?

Why did our mom send us to this school? It fully collapsed and you have no idea what's going on now.

That's why they have the treasure hunt, they want to get all the kids out of the school in order to actually come up with the curriculum for next year.

There's no way they have any accreditation

• Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Grass should resist Fairy, that's my only type chart wish.

Considering fairies have a supernatural power over nature, I'm not sure how that one would fit the theme that the rest of the typing does.

• Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Chall wrote: »
    So the entire staff and faculty of the school resigned last year after the Team Star debacle?

Why did our mom send us to this school? It fully collapsed and you have no idea what's going on now.

That's why they have the treasure hunt, they want to get all the kids out of the school in order to actually come up with the curriculum for next year.

the thing is, you can take classes just fine, and most of them are good (the languages class is "we got a guy who can speak multiple languages and he's just gonna throw 'em in at random") and the nurse is taking an exam to be certified as a health teacher

so like...they turned things around quick

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    Grass should resist Fairy, that's my only type chart wish.

Considering fairies have a supernatural power over nature, I'm not sure how that one would fit the theme that the rest of the typing does.

Fairys don't want to hurt nature and subconsciously hold back.

• Options
    PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »

the thing is, you can take classes just fine, and most of them are good (the languages class is "we got a guy who can speak multiple languages and he's just gonna throw 'em in at random") and the nurse is taking an exam to be certified as a health teacher

so like...they turned things around quick
    Also, it's strongly implied that you moved from Galar just recently and may never have heard about it, but I don't think it's ever elaborated on what the Director was talking about to the protagonist's mum in the beginning. He may have been giving reassurances as PR.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    DJ Eebs wrote: »
    Pokemon scarlet/violet spoiler
    Operation starfall is really the game wanting you to make some bullied kids day worse isn't it ?

not...really! I don't know if you've finished the plotline, but:
    it's about the director of the school realizing the school dropped the ball and recognizing that the kids did nothing wrong

And also!
    The big boss of Team Star fears that they (the team) became the very bullies they sought to stop.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/ohJrpHUoZ10

Hey it's the thread title! I saw Seth Rogan as Donkey Kong!

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    here's just the trailer, April release for the US:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMYg69DfFLs

I really like the new look for DK, Peach's face is kinda weird tbh? I dunno
    the "wahoo" did not sound good lol

• Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    Okay I really like that they included Mario Kart.

Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Good grief, the voice work in this trailer convinces me even more this is Nintendo going "We want our own version of the Lego Movie!" even though they didn't need to do that.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Options
    Magic PinkMagic Pink Tur-Boner-Fed Registered User regular
    just let mario be italian, for crap sake

• Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Gonna be watching that in French some time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j34CVLLMGSo

• Options
    cursedkingcursedking Registered User regular
    His half hearted letsa go is so sad

Types: Boom + Robo | Food: Sweet | Habitat: Plains
  • Options
    Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    Outside of Chris Pratt's Mario, I think it looks like a fun movie. I'm guessing that the stake of the Mushroom Kingdom is put up for grabs in a series of challenges as to avoid direct conflict with Bowser's army, hence the platforming training and kart sections. Probably not going to run to the theaters to see it, but I'll give it a go on whatever streaming platform it eventually comes to.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Options
    EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Fig-D wrote: »
    Outside of Chris Pratt's Mario,

Thatsa lotta caveat.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    cursedking wrote: »
    His half hearted letsa go is so sad

The first time I saw the trailer, I legitimately thought he said "that's a car" and it confused me until the second viewing.

Donnicton on
  • Options
    BedigunzBedigunz Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    The trailer looks like this movie is going to have a ton of locations and stuff from the games (though it'll probably be mostly cameos and "blink and you'll miss it" stuff).

Big question is what will the inevitable post credit scene be?

My guess: Rosalina
    My hope: Geno and Smithy
    0 chance in hell: Bowsette

Bedigunz on
    cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    Bedigunz wrote: »
    The trailer looks like this movie is going to have a ton of locations and stuff from the games (though it'll probably be mostly cameos and "blink and you'll miss it" stuff).

A shot of Bowser Jr. holding his dad's dead body and swearing revenge on Mario

• Options

A shot of Bowser Jr. holding his dad's dead body and swearing revenge on Mario

Post credit scene of second movie is Bowser Jr licking his wounds and then all the Koopa Kids come in.

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    FCD wrote: »
    Man, I just realized there's still no Dragon-type eevelution. C'mon, Game Freak. Just give us a Drakeon already. C'mooooon.

there's no ghost either

Eevee's evolutions are all types that were Special before the Physical/Special split (plus Fairy which probably would have been Special if it existed back then). Dragon's the only one left, Ghost was always Physical.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
  • Options
    TamerBill wrote: »
    Magic Pink wrote: »
    Man, I just realized there's still no Dragon-type eevelution. C'mon, Game Freak. Just give us a Drakeon already. C'mooooon.

there's no ghost either

Eevee's evolutions are all types that were Special before the Physical/Special split (plus Fairy which probably would have been Special if it existed back then). Dragon's the only one left, Ghost was always Physical.

ghost is coolest tho we need more ghost everything

• Options
    FCDFCD Registered User regular

Wart and Sub-con. Aim for the stars, I say!

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • Options

Wart and Sub-con. Aim for the stars, I say!

A new darkness looms over the horizon.

Mario looks directly at the camera and in a grim voice, states that we need a new TYPE of hero.

Smash-cut to a title screen.

Super Mario 2: Mario Teaches Typing

cdmAF00.png
    Coran Attack!
  • Options
    OptyOpty Registered User regular
    The first trailer set the movie up as more adventure than comedy while the second set it up as more comedy than adventure. I wonder what it'll actually be in the end.

• Options
    Opty wrote: »
    The first trailer set the movie up as more adventure than comedy while the second set it up as more comedy than adventure. I wonder what it'll actually be in the end.

Bad.

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »
    here's just the trailer, April release for the US:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMYg69DfFLs
    is this what the youths call "cringe"?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    it's fun to imagine alternate eeveelutions but now that we're in the era of "we're launching with like 400 pokemon and that's it" i don't think i actually want any more. it's a lot of slots locked in to each game and i'd rather more flexibility

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Give eeveelutions the same number of slots but dont let the old ones work anymore

The cosmic rays make eevee immune to fire stones, but now it can evolve into a bug!

Edit or just remove all the evolution stones, or at least the old ones. Consign them to the pit of bad evolution ideas

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Give eeveelutions the same number of slots but dont let the old ones work anymore

The cosmic rays make eevee immune to fire stones, but now it can evolve into a bug!

Edit or just remove all the evolution stones, or at least the old ones. Consign them to the pit of bad evolution ideas

Hey they did away with Incense this gen, so I guess anything could happen

• Options
    edited December 2022
    it's fun to imagine alternate eeveelutions but now that we're in the era of "we're launching with like 400 pokemon and that's it" i don't think i actually want any more. it's a lot of slots locked in to each game and i'd rather more flexibility

I'm surprised it's apparently not a mandate to make new ones, considering how much merch they have.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Options
    you gotta pace it out carefully. more hype if you don't know if it's coming

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Everyone wants new Eevees but then they give us a bipedal, swole Fighting Eevee (Lifteon) and then we'll all be sorry

• Options
    ZonugalZonugal (He/Him) The Holiday Armadillo I'm Santa's representative for all the southern states. And Mexico!Registered User regular
    Give me Lifteon

Ross-Geller-Prime-Sig-A.jpg
  • Options
    champeon is right there

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    Fuck

• Options
    i also think a fighting eevee should have a bipedal appearance but not for the reasons you think

when you think about the shape eevee ears, eevee tails usually take, you know what i think there's room for in the eevee line?

a kangaroo

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Moth 13Moth 13 Registered User regular
    We've gone three gens without a new Eeveelution now. I think we're due one.

• Options
    Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    If they do a new one it has to be Dragon. That's the only OG special typing that never got one

• Options
    GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Normal type eevelution.

• Options
    Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Pokemon in-game trade spoiler
    There is something funny how the first games after the sinnoh remake has an trolling-free haunter trade