As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Pride and Prejudice and Goncharov [Movies]

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    They're gonna lean hard into the "Female deuteragonist who's way more competent than the main character but has to be second-in-command because of reasons" trope in here, huh

• FCDFCD Registered User regular
    Lego Movie all over again, yup.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    I would like to enroll for the next semester

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I think Peach's voice sounds way worse than Mario.

Pratt at least sounds like he's trying. There doesn't seem to be any emotion in Taylor-Joy voice..

• Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    Who do we think is gonna play Wario and Waluigi when they show up in the post credits?

I'm betting on Willem Dafoe and Paul Giamatti

• StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Who do we think is gonna play Wario and Waluigi when they show up in the post credits?

If only

The cursed money says that it will just be Pratt doing Wario as well

• DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    Josh Gad as Wario

Vin Diesel as Waluigi

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot I'm your Huckleberry YOU'RE NO DAISYRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    Dafoe and Giamatti are so perfect for Waluigi and Wario.

• TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    I like the orchestral version of the mario theme

Kathryn Hahn just popped into my head as the absolute perfect Waluigi

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    The voice acting for Mario and peach are truly dreadful but what I can't get over is all of the stock illumination gags. The first trailer really had me convinced that it was going to be more like a Pixar joint but this one fully confirmed that we can expect exactly the kind of dumb billshot you would expect from this studio. I bet they're just keeping all of the pop culture references out of sight for the trailers.

Quire.jpg
    Kathryn Hahn just popped into my head as the absolute perfect Waluigi

But then who would play Captain Syrup?

Oh, and obviously, Hailey Steinfeld as Princess Daisy. You're welcome.

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »

I would bet more on Danny DeVito for Wario, he's done more voice work than Dafoe

• SirToastySirToasty Registered User regular
    Matt Berry as Wario

I can't do better than Dafoe as Waluigi

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Danny DeVito and Willem Dafoe is a potent combination I don't think the mortal world is prepared for

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    I will be playing the part of Wario and this other taller Wario. I think you will all appreciate the work I have put into the voices.

*normal Northern English accent*

Ayup, it’s me, Wario. How about we have a nice cup of tea, Mario? Also: I am quite a greedy person.

• The Zombie PenguinThe Zombie Penguin Eternal Hungry Corpse Registered User regular
    I would vastly prefer seeing Competent mario, which apparently we're not getting going by that trailer, so booooooooooo boooooooooo boooooooo.

Okay, back to actually useful takes: i finally watched Knives Out. it was good! I likedi t a whole lot! Daniel Craig was clearly having a ton of fun. Very keen to see Glass Onion, if only for Janelle Moanae.

Ideas hate it when you anthropomorphize them
    Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/TheZombiePenguin
    Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/thezombiepenguin/
    Switch: 0293 6817 9891
    Man. Man. Listen, I’m not going to harp on but picture a movie where Mario is a fearless speed-running rubber ball and the plot of the movie is Peach trying to point this chaotic little man who only speaks WAHOO in the right direction. I think that would be hilarious.

• rhylithrhylith Death Rabbits HoustonRegistered User regular
    Saw Glass Onion last night. Movie was great, laughed a ton, theater was packed for a Tuesday night.

Netflix is leaving so much money on the table at this point by forgoing theatrical when they make a movie like that.

Today’s movie is Slash/Back

Maika and her ragtag group of friends discover an alien invasion in their tiny arctic hamlet, and it's up to them to fight back using makeshift weapons and horror movie knowledge.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Me after the first teaser: Okay, Pratt's Mario voice is pretty dire, but maybe it's just that one badly delivered line.

Me after this new trailer: Oh, it's even worse and more apathetic than I feared.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
    This movie is an Inuit slasher with Inuit actors and an Inuit director.

Excellent

• MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Me after the first teaser: Okay, Pratt's Mario voice is pretty dire, but maybe it's just that one badly delivered line.

Me after this new trailer: Oh, it's even worse and more apathetic than I feared.

It's just so lifeless. And I don't know what would be worse to have a lifeless Mario.

The wahoo sounded exhausted.

Movie looks great, sounds awful.

I am in the business of saving lives.
    This movie is an Inuit Attack the Block mixed with The Thing.

It’s excellent so far

• Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    I thought Slash/Back was fun and charming. 3 cool-looking aliens try to take over an Inuit community only the kids seem to recognize the true danger of, a concept I love

The cons I had were, a) something felt off with the pacing in the second half, like I knew it was only 83 minutes but also it felt like even that was a stretch, but also b) part of it may have just been that it was the third film I watched that weekend, and the other two were Tar and The Wonder

Definitely watch Tar and The Wonder

Sweeney Tom on
    I thought Slash/Back was fun and charming. 3 cool-looking aliens try to take over an Inuit community only the kids seem to recognize the true danger of, a concept I love

The cons I had were, a) something felt off with the pacing in the second half, like I knew it was only 83 minutes but also it felt like even that was a stretch, but also b) part of it may have just been that it was the third film I watched that weekend, and the other two were Tar and The Wonder

Definitely watch Tar and The Wonder

Fine! I will

• AtomicTofuAtomicTofu She's a straight-up supervillain, yo Registered User regular
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    I get that Pratt is lifeless, and I agree that Peach's voice is way off, but I'm just so relieved it's a Mario movie in the Mushroom Kingdom with no "What if they end up in Vegas" or "What if real life Adam Sandler shows up" that I'm still hopeful. It's going to be stupid and fan service-y but I'll admit I'll probably see it.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    Man. Man. Listen, I’m not going to harp on but picture a movie where Mario is a fearless speed-running rubber ball and the plot of the movie is Peach trying to point this chaotic little man who only speaks WAHOO in the right direction. I think that would be hilarious.

Yah, I wish they paid TerminalMontage to make a feature movie too

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
  • asofyeunasofyeun Registered User regular
    AtomicTofu wrote: »

i'm rooting for the bear, as i think everyone is

• Bloods EndBloods End Blade of Tyshalle Punch dimensionRegistered User regular

Werner herzog voice: Cowards. Cast a real bear with a drug problem

• see317see317 Registered User regular
    https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuWEEKeJLMI

How could you make this movie and not feature the line "B.E.A.R. to say no to drugs" in the trailer?

• MaddocMaddoc I'm Bobbin Threadbare, are you my mother? Registered User regular
    My hot Mario movie trailer take is that I think Taylor-Joy's Peach is fine?

Like it's a less "loud" performance than a lot of the other characters but I feel like that is kind of to be expected

• KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular

hell yeah hell yeah HELL YEAH

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    oh hey, I recognize that one guy in the Cocaine Bear trailer playing an EMT
    https://youtu.be/P7KBcsdPhxA

• RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I feel like Cocaine Bear is the spiritual sequel to Snakes on a a Plane

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
This discussion has been closed.