As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Penny Arcade - Comic - Splinter Celluloid

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin

Splinter Celluloid!

Penny Arcade - Comic - Splinter Celluloid

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

• Options
    HighPriestofZuulHighPriestofZuul Registered User regular
    I know some people who keep saying time after time for almost a decade that Ubisoft surely must be working on a new Splinter Cell, and that at any point they'll be saying something about it.

Well, they've been working on a new Splinter Cell, and they've finally said something about it.

Between this and the remake and the VR thing, I hope they're happy. YOU ASKED FOR THIS

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    The Sandman has had a lot of success with the audio adaptation, so I don't think the idea of making modern radio plays is bad. I *do* think the idea of making a radio play of Splinter Cell is bad.
    Metal Gear? Now that I could seehear.

• Options
    dennisdennis aka bingley Registered User regular
    I know some people who keep saying time after time for almost a decade that Ubisoft surely must be working on a new Splinter Cell, and that at any point they'll be saying something about it.

Well, they've been working on a new Splinter Cell, and they've finally said something about it.

Between this and the remake and the VR thing, I hope they're happy. YOU ASKED FOR THIS

xacfiar141uv.png

• Options
    OverkillengineOverkillengine Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »
    The Sandman has had a lot of success with the audio adaptation, so I don't think the idea of making modern radio plays is bad. I *do* think the idea of making a radio play of Splinter Cell is bad.

I could hear the Codec ring. And that damn alert noise.

• Options
    YoungFreyYoungFrey Registered User regular
    YoungFrey wrote: »

I could hear the Codec ring. And that damn alert noise.

And somebody yelling "Snake!!!" with no response at every episode cliffhanger.

• Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    A lot of the better audiobooks are basically radio plays with either full casts or one or two talented voice actors doing all the characters. Considering that Audible's pricing model is apparently successful audiobooks must be doing pretty decent business right now.

• Options
    Anon von ZilchAnon von Zilch Registered User regular
    Don't be fooled by all the fancy marketing, Horlick's Drink Powder is just cocaine.

• Options
    V1mV1m Registered User regular
    Don't be fooled by all the fancy marketing, Horlick's Drink Powder is just cocaine.

It's not just cocaine. It's pretty well cut.