As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Credits roll.

Damn that last act is great. Long, LONG walk, but they do fill it nicely with dialog.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    So this happened today. Didn’t know it was possible
    p0g34valh0cy.png

I've gotten 3 before it's incredibly uncommon though

Also 6 start raids do not fuck around. A Corviknight fucked my day up this morning
    However I have found a solid counter for dragons in my support Sylveon and am looking into more options in that vein. Shell smash white herb Torkoal with drought is looking likely

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Finally saw a shiny, but it was on a ridge above me and it wouldn't let me throw my pokeball at it. By the time I made it around the corner like 5 feet away and could run up the hill it had despawned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in5H8Zg4jME

Edit: And then I was doing a Psyduck outbreak hoping to see a shiny Psyduck

And there's just a shiny Buizel hanging out.

So I have a shiny now yay!

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • CruorCruor Registered User regular
    I had ridiculous luck last night. I was running around the endgame area looking to fill out my 'dex, and I stumble into a shiny Zweilous. Neat, my first full-odds shiny in a long time! Then about 10 minutes later I run into a shiny Garganacl. Then, to close the night out, I get a shiny Rufflet from mass outbreak. Luckiest I have ever been in a Pokemon game.

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Just saw a funny video on Showdown with a neat strategy with Skeledirge.

Sing and Blunder Policy.

Skeledirge has bonkers Special Attack sweeping potential with Torch Song, but it doesn't have the best speed. Blunder Policy doubles the user's speed if they miss with a move. So you use Sing, which has 55% accuracy. Either you hit it, and get a free turn to attack and boost off of sleep or a switch, or you miss and get double speed. It's a hilarious, and very on-brand, strategy for Skeledirge. Makes me wonder if I wanna do that or use Throat Spray.

Final area mons:
    It seems just a bit weird to me that the Ancient pokemon, who all have the Protosynthesis ability to boost their stats in the Sun, do not include any Fire types.

Granted, all of them can Tera into Fire types, and several learn powerful Fire moves, but you'd expect them to be a bit more sun-team themed for some of them.

I think the most fitting of Sun would probably be Slither Wing, since it can learn Flare Blitz *and* Morning Sun

In comparison, the Future pokemon include more than one Electric type, to make use of Electric Terrain.

• CruorCruor Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Enlong wrote: »
    Final area mons:
    It seems just a bit weird to me that the Ancient pokemon, who all have the Protosynthesis ability to boost their stats in the Sun, do not include any Fire types.

Granted, all of them can Tera into Fire types, and several learn powerful Fire moves, but you'd expect them to be a bit more sun-team themed for some of them.

I think the most fitting of Sun would probably be Slither Wing, since it can learn Flare Blitz *and* Morning Sun

In comparison, the Future pokemon include more than one Electric type, to make use of Electric Terrain.
    I think the Sun is good for most of them, really. Great Tusk and Sandy Shocks appreciate Sun for weakening Water moves. Flutter Mane, Scream Tail, and Roaring Moon all get good fire move coverage to help check Steel types that might threaten them otherwise. Slither Wing you mentioned. Brute Bonnet...well, synthesis benefits, and maybe you could get a surprise KO off of an unexpected Solar Beam? Otherwise Brute Bonnet doesn't really benefit that much from sun.

Cruor on
    Cruor wrote: »
    Final area mons:

I think the Sun is good for most of them, really. Great Tusk and Sandy Shocks appreciate Sun for weakening Water moves. Flutter Mane, Scream Tail, and Roaring Moon all get good fire move coverage to help check Steel types that might threaten them otherwise. Slither Wing you mentioned. Brute Bonnet...well, synthesis benefits, and maybe you could get a surprise KO off of an unexpected Solar Beam? Otherwise Brute Bonnet doesn't really benefit that much from sun.
    Heck, Brute Bonnet probably hates Sun in general due to boosting the Fire moves it's weak to

• Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I am loving this game so much!

Every Pokemon game has that one Pokemon that annoys you because it appears everywhere...in this one, it's that stupid grasshopper pokemon. They are everywhere and are so annoying!

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Before playing Scarlet: “Well, Koraidon looks pretty friggin’ silly, running like that. But I like the version exclusives more, so I’ll get Scarlet.”

After beating Scarlet: “Koraidon is my little guy and I would kill for him.”
    His name is Peanut Butter. < 3

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    I was bored and saw a Dragalge outbreak. Kill 60+ of them. Eat a quick Shiny/encounter dragon sandwich. Do a few quick resets, turn around and ran into a Red Gyarados. Caught him immediately because I had a friend who really really wanted one so I gave it to them. Luckily was still able to get 2 Dragalges from the rest of the sandwich.

Also the most annoying pokemon in the game is the stupid psychic fish in the lake. Reminds me of the sharpedos in the sword/shield dlc just booking it for you out of nowhere.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    I am loving this game so much!

Every Pokemon game has that one Pokemon that annoys you because it appears everywhere...in this one, it's that stupid grasshopper pokemon. They are everywhere and are so annoying!
    Evolve Nymble and regret your words and deeds.

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    I have 20 Herba Mystica drops recently... not one sweet one still. But I got back to back ability patches.... like what? heh.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Do you ever get prompted to deal with the mystical stakes and ruinous temples, or is that completely up to you?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
    Turambar wrote: »
    Do you ever get prompted to deal with the mystical stakes and ruinous temples, or is that completely up to you?

History class/teacher points you to it.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Turambar wrote: »

History class/teacher points you to it.

Cool, ty

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • KandenKanden Registered User regular
    Took a little bit but finally got a shiny Iron Hands in a beast ball. Fair warning sandwich powers don't stay through a reset, I found it in like 5 minutes, was gonna go hunt the Tyranitar after but I guess I can't complain too much.

I am a big fan of the shiny coloration for all of Violet's Area Zero pokemon.

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Official VGC/online ladder rules are finally out; they're doing series again.

First one is through the end of January, regional dex only (so no Charizard when he shows up in a few days), and paradox pokemon (the past/future area zero forms), the ruinous quartet + box cover legends are all banned.

Kinda surprised they are actually banning paradox + ruinous mons for now, but hey at least you don't have to account for Flutter Mane + Chi Yu during every step of team building. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go completely rework my "fuck over Flutter Man + Chi-Yu as much as possible" team from scratch...

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Today is absolutely great.

Shiny Iron hands and Shiny Tatsugiri. Iron hands took 3 hours of resetting sandwiches to find but Tatsugiri only took one sandwich. I love hunting new shiny so much.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Ver. 1.1.0 (Releasing December 1, 2022)

Season 1 of Ranked Battles will kick off, allowing you to enjoy Ranked Battles through the Battle Stadium.
    Please check the in-game notice for more details about Ranked Battles Season 1.
    An issue has been fixed that caused the music to not play correctly during the battles with the Elite Four and the Top Champion in the Victory Road path.
    Other select bug fixes have been made.

We are aware that players may encounter issues that affect the games' performance. Our goal is always to give players a positive experience with our games, and we apologize for the inconvenience. We take the feedback from players seriously and are working on improvements to the games.

https://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/60277/p/989

CorriganX on
    n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
    That "other select bug fixes" is gonna have people speculating hard.

So something that only recently hit me. There are no Fossil pokemon in Scarlet/Violet. Which is a first for the series; even the messed up Bone Wars-inspired mons in Sword/Shield were still technically Fossil mons.

(story stuff)
    Which makes total sense, really. The entire endgame in Scarlet is about a machine bringing super-ancient Pokemon into the modern day. But it's a full-blown time machine instead of a fossil reviver. So we have the equivalent to fossil pokemon in the form of the ancient Paradox pokemon

Jubal77 wrote: »
    I have 20 Herba Mystica drops recently... not one sweet one still. But I got back to back ability patches.... like what? heh.

The flavor of the herb doesn't matter despite what people are saying
    Also all you get for that quest is a picnic cup.

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

First one is through the end of January, regional dex only (so no Charizard when he shows up in a few days), and paradox pokemon (the past/future area zero forms), the ruinous quartet + box cover legends are all banned.

Kinda surprised they are actually banning paradox + ruinous mons for now, but hey at least you don't have to account for Flutter Mane + Chi Yu during every step of team building. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go completely rework my "fuck over Flutter Man + Chi-Yu as much as possible" team from scratch...

liEt3nH.png

I may or may not have my switch in airplane mode until I finish duping 200+ ability patches

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    Ah shit, I still don’t have an ability patch to dupe, RIP me

Working on making an extra jacked Daschbun.

People been talking a lot of smack about it, feel like I have something to prove now.

What moves do you recommend for Daschbun?

• Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Jubal77 wrote: »

The flavor of the herb doesn't matter despite what people are saying
    Also all you get for that quest is a picnic cup.

Oh I know just havent got one to give to cooking teacher in all my time in the end game so far.

Jubal77 on

I may or may not have my switch in airplane mode until I finish duping 200+ ability patches

I may or may not have already done this but with Patches , Bottle caps , Held items.

I may or may not be thinking of doing more before the patch hits.

Don't forget though while you may or may not be doing this that ability patches sell for 125,000 each so fill up your wallet.

Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Working on making an extra jacked Daschbun.

People been talking a lot of smack about it, feel like I have something to prove now.

I wanted to try out something with Daschbun + Lava Plume spam, but haven't got around to messing with it yet. Something like Snarl/Body Press/Helping Hand/Protect next to a Torkoal or Armarouge sounds funny.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
    I can't handle people talking smack about Daschbun.

Fairy type? It's ability well-baked body is frigging great.

IT'S A DOGGO

edited December 2022
    Zunde wrote: »
    I can't handle people talking smack about Daschbun.

Fairy type? It's ability well-baked body is frigging great.

IT'S A DOGGO

I just wish it had better HP, mostly. I love it all the same. That ability and baton pass could be really rude though.

Polaritie on
    it's your classic early game 'mon that you just have to give your big boss salute to, too much focused on early game stuff to really get there, like all our beloved bugs

liEt3nH.png
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    If I had seen its evolution earlier I might have given it a chance but fidough is a crime against god and nature and I immediately avoided all of them forever

Lucedes wrote: »
    Ah shit, I still don’t have an ability patch to dupe, RIP me

Even if you fail as long as you aren't hosting you get the rewards from a 6 start raid.
    This is good because a lot of people are not good at 6 star raids

If I had seen its evolution earlier I might have given it a chance but fidough is a crime against god and nature and I immediately avoided all of them forever

Their design is a bit underdone, but they just need some time to prove themselves.

• Romantic UndeadRomantic Undead Registered User regular
    Hey guys! I just noticed my starter Skeledirge has this handshake icon on its stats page. What's all that about? Is it just to signify he was my starter?

3DS FC: 1547-5210-6531
    that's one of the game's marks, which causes a pokemon to have a unique title. for example, if a pokemon is as small as it can possibly be, and you show it to the size rater in mesogoza, they get an icon known as the Mini Mark that causes them to come in with the title "the Teeny"

the handshake icon represents that that pokemon has reached Maximum Friendship with you, and has the title "the Great Friend"

you can change a pokemon's mark on the third page of its summary, and there are an assortment of marks - most of which are only randomly on a pokemon you catch, similar to how shiny pokemon are random

liEt3nH.png