As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[BATTLETECH/MechWarrior] Stompybots? Stompybots. STOMPYBOTS! MW5 on Steam NOW!

• Options
    monkeykinsmonkeykins Registered User regular
    About to finish up my BEX career... finally snagged a Stalker for my first Assault.
    Guess I'll start a new one, further into the future.

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    So I was looking at the Locusts and noticed that the 1V has -50% energy cooldown, +10% range, -35% laser duration (and -50% overheat damage, but eh). I have never slapped a large pulse laser on anything so quickly, now I can be an annoying shit at range.

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Glal wrote: »
    So I was looking at the Locusts and noticed that the 1V has -50% energy cooldown, +10% range, -35% laser duration (and -50% overheat damage, but eh). I have never slapped a large pulse laser on anything so quickly, now I can be an annoying shit at range.

I think the 1V used to be the one I had a ERLL equipped on it since the quirks allowed it to shoot so often you would swear it was a LPL. It used to be so much fun plinking everyone in that mech. Think it was my first 12 assist achievement as well.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    SiliconStewSiliconStew Registered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    monkeykins wrote: »
    Apparently I started my BEX campaign too early? I started in whatever the earliest year is, 3025 I think, assuming I would just farm until the clan stuff started. But one of the load screens said something about starting that early would take 100+ hours of gameplay to get that far...

Yeah... the length of a regular career game is 1200 days and can take a very long time; you're probably going to do 200-250 contracts over that time.

From 3025 there is going to be ~9000 days before clan stuff starts showing up.

Between travel time, refit time, and injury time you can burn a lot of days, and with sufficient money to burn you can just let the clock spin as long as you want. But yeah, that's a long, long road to hit 3050.

I'd probably just get to a point you'd call a success with for this run and start a new career at the later date. Biggest downside is you will reset your flashpoint progress. You could potentially use the save editor to give you back some of your mechs and pilot xp so you weren't starting completely from scratch, I just don't know how compatible it is with the BEX changes.

Just remember that half the people you meet are below average intelligence.
  • Options
    I never made it to a flashpoint in my BEX career. They were all too far away and I was worried about my pilot affinities.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Random campaign two skull battle mission for pirates, a random Wolverine punch spells the end for my Centurion pilot. I think I'm correct in saying that in all my hours of BATTLETECHING, this is Dekker's first fatality with me.

TlCRSr2.png

RIP.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    OrcaOrca Also known as Espressosaurus WrexRegistered User regular
    And he wasn't even piloting his Spider? Unfair!

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    12 new missions
    Crusader (11 variants)
    Rival mercenary mechanic
    Expanded active mech roster(?!)
    Various qol and ai improvements

• Options
    NipsNips He/Him Luxuriating in existential crisis.Registered User regular
    Oh, they're also bringing the Hatchetman to MWO.

How TF is THAT going to work?

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Poorly but who cares?

edit: like seriously we have all these models from the other games just sitting around and you expect us not to use them?

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    AvalonGuardAvalonGuard Registered User regular
    Hatchet man’s hatchet will be a bolt on. No melee coming.

• Options
    I had melee last time I played MW5, but I think that came from a mod

• Options
    MW5 has melee standard

• Options
    NGL, Hatchetman is throwing me for MWO. I mean, makes sense with having the model but a mech famous for melee in a game with no melee is, uhhhhh

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Some info re: what to expect with the Hatchetman, and potential future stuffs:

First, link to the page where you can see the specs, some wild hardpoint inflation (3F gains 2 Energy in the right arm, an additional Ballistic in both the right torso and left torso for a total of 3 Ballistic points): https://mwomercs.com/hatchetman

EDIT: One of the variants is officially from the Dark Age, hrm.

Re: Potential future stuff

Nobody on
  • Options
    Stone Rhino is.... not exactly the spiciest addition, is it? Doesn't get the blood pumping. It's a rad chassis, but like, we have so many big gun boats already.

Reading up on the Hatchetman variants is also giving me a hrrrm moment. No idea how they're gonna make that thing stand out in the game.

I'm a firm believer in "more mechs is better", though, so, you know, why not. I'm not gonna be mad or whatever. Just wish it was something to get more excited about.

As for the Rasalhague DLC, I find myself disappointed that the scope wasn't larger, but if we're gonna go with more pre-invasion I'm super happy it's Rasalhague.

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    MW5 has melee standard

I got the streams crossed and thought they were adding it to MW5

• Options
    So, I'm honestly kinda delighted PGI is still being given the runway to add to MW5. I'll happily take more content.

BUT

Having recently been playing BATTLETECH, it makes me sad that we're likely never going to see any more DLC for it, and the chances for a sequel are *stares blankly into the middle distance*.

C'mon, Paradox, let Jordan run free again!

JXUBxMxP0QndjQUEnTwTxOkfKmx8kWNvuc-FUtbSz_23_DAhGKe7W9spFKLXAtkpTBqM8Dt6kQrv-rS69Hi3FheL3fays2xTeVUvWR7g5UyLHnFA0frGk1BC12GYdOSRn9lbaJB-uH0htiLPJMrc9cSRsIgk5Dx7jg9K8rJVfG43lkeAWxTgcolNscW9KO2UZjKT8GMbYAFgFvu2TaMoLH8LBA5p2pm6VNYRsQK3QGjCsze1TOv2yIbCazmDwCHmjiQxNDf6LHP35msyiXo3CxuWs9Y8DQvJjvj10kWaspRNlWHKjS5w9Y0KLuIkhQKOxgaDziG290v4zBmTi-i7OfDz-foqIqKzC9wTbn9i_uU87GRitmrNAJdzRRsaTW5VQu_XX_5gCN8XCoNyu5RWWVGTsjJuyezz1_NpFa903Uj2TnFqnL1wJ-RZiFAAd2Bdut-G1pdQtdQihsq2dx_BjtmtGC3KZRyylO1t2c12dhfb0rStq4v8pg46ciOcdtT_1qm85IgUmGd7AmgLxCFPb0xnxWZvr26G-oXSqrQdjKA1zNIInSowiHcbUO2O8S5LRJVR6vQiEg0fbGXw4vqJYEn917tnzHMh8r0xom8BLKMvoFDelk6wbEeNq8w8Eyu2ouGjEMIvvJcb2az2AKQ1uE_7gdatfKG2QdvfdSBRSc35MQ=w498-h80-no
  • Options
    Nips wrote: »
    So, I'm honestly kinda delighted PGI is still being given the runway to add to MW5. I'll happily take more content.

BUT

Having recently been playing BATTLETECH, it makes me sad that we're likely never going to see any more DLC for it, and the chances for a sequel are *stares blankly into the middle distance*.

C'mon, Paradox, let Jordan run free again!

Battletech is so good. Battletech 2 would make me so, so happy

Especially if we got a clan invasion out of it (though balance could be a pain)

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    Battletech grand strategy next.

• Options
    Stone Rhino is.... not exactly the spiciest addition, is it? Doesn't get the blood pumping. It's a rad chassis, but like, we have so many big gun boats already.

Reading up on the Hatchetman variants is also giving me a hrrrm moment. No idea how they're gonna make that thing stand out in the game.

I'm a firm believer in "more mechs is better", though, so, you know, why not. I'm not gonna be mad or whatever. Just wish it was something to get more excited about.

As for the Rasalhague DLC, I find myself disappointed that the scope wasn't larger, but if we're gonna go with more pre-invasion I'm super happy it's Rasalhague.

I freely admit I'm 100% there the minute they open Stone Rhino preorders.

but from a game balance perspective, it does give another 100 ton Clan assault (which there are currently only two).

• Options
    edited November 2022

I've never played a Crusader Kings, but I've heard amazing stories, so I could get behind this idea.

That said, I'd be super jazzed for a BATTLETECH 2 that just expands on the ideas and functionality in the first game, and wasn't built on an infinite pile of impossibly-long to load json files.

Nips on
  • Options

I freely admit I'm 100% there the minute they open Stone Rhino preorders.

but from a game balance perspective, it does give another 100 ton Clan assault (which there are currently only two).

Hm, yeah, I guess thinking about it, there aren’t that many mechs that directly fit the niche out of the box. I’ve just seen so many players turn their mechs into sniper boats that it kinda feels overloaded when it actually isn’t.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    This has been an uncommonly rough campaign so far for getting kicked in the head...

TcyEQ2X.png

(First mission after getting Tactics to lvl 9 too. :grimace: RIP Medusa.)

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »
    This has been an uncommonly rough campaign so far for getting kicked in the head...

TcyEQ2X.png

In my Current BEX campaign I had an armless (and side torso-less) Catapult limp up (it was down a leg as well) to my full health mech and headbutt someone to death. It was as infuriating as it was impressive.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    Bullhead wrote: »

TcyEQ2X.png

In my Current BEX campaign I had an armless (and side torso-less) Catapult limp up (it was down a leg as well) to my full health mech and headbutt someone to death. It was as infuriating as it was impressive.

That's one brave pilot!

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    monkeykins wrote: »
    Bullhead wrote: »

TcyEQ2X.png

That's one brave pilot!

He was in full panic mode too, I had expected him to eject like 2 rounds before but he kept on keeping. Bastard.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    The map dev has been active in the cauldron feedback discord, going over map complaints

Solaris appears to be a current focus, specifically improving frame rate.

Apparently the building windows are particle effects

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    https://www.humblebundle.com/books/introduction-to-battletech-catalyst-game-labs-books
    NGL, Hatchetman is throwing me for MWO. I mean, makes sense with having the model but a mech famous for melee in a game with no melee is, uhhhhh

The words you're looking for are "par for the course".

• Options
    Heffling wrote: »
    https://www.humblebundle.com/books/introduction-to-battletech-catalyst-game-labs-books

The words you're looking for are "par for the course".

Yeah.

Though to be fair from what I’ve seen from Cauldron members, it was Hatchetman or no new chassis for a while. They don’t have the artist yet to do a new chassis from scratch.

• Options
    Phoenix-DPhoenix-D Registered User regular
    Setting up the joystick for Mechwarrior 5. Phantom button presses even with everything unplugged. Kay, fine, I'll bind everything to keyboard commands. Certain commands just...will...not...trigger. Despite the tester software clearly showing it, despite being able to write that button press into Notepad.

solution? Make a macro that holds the button for 0.01 seconds, then releases it. That works. Never change, PGI.

• Options
    Ninja Snarl PNinja Snarl P My helmet is my burden. Ninja Snarl: Gone, but not forgotten.Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Nips wrote: »

I've never played a Crusader Kings, but I've heard amazing stories, so I could get behind this idea.

That said, I'd be super jazzed for a BATTLETECH 2 that just expands on the ideas and functionality in the first game, and wasn't built on an infinite pile of impossibly-long to load json files.

Something between Stellaris and Crusader Kings would honestly make for something pretty amazing. Mechs could be available in limited numbers and be proper powerhouses, the desperation to protect jumpships could limit combat to mostly ground battle, and randomizing things like finding tech caches could let you have things like Star League tech breaking out just a couple hundred years after the League falls. What's that, Clans? It's not fair that even though you launched the invasion a century early that every fight is against Steiner scout lances sporting year 3100 tech? Oh, and we reunited the IS 50 years before you got here? That's a real shame. Your tech base would be limited by what factories you have access to and instead of pumping out massive mech blobs to stomp everything, you have to carefully conserve and update them such that you might have the same mechs in service for centuries because you literally cannot replace them do to an invasion you couldn't stop. Lost a couple laser factories early on but snagged a pile of A/C factories? Whelp, your military is now heavy on ballistics, better lean into it. Got a cheap source of LRMs? Your spam will blot out the sun.

The Clans themselves could be an awesome randomized event for almost any time period past a couple centuries or so after the Star League falls. Always an enemy faction, not playable, and their appearance inevitably causes a shakeup of alliances and tech. Then when you've got something like an elite force of salvaged Clan mechs, that shit can have a major impact with just a few mechs.

And driving it all is the objectives of your given faction and the need to have fitting leaders, which is where you can fold in all the Crusader Kings stuff. Each faction would start you with different government types, plus pre-set infrastructure depending on the time period you start in.

Ninja Snarl P on
  • Options
    MWO:

MWOCOMPCS22GF - code for a DWF-C and mech bay, valid until 1600 UTC tomorrow (Sunday)

Code given at end of stream for comp finals

• Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    I'm doing a new Battletech playthrough with the DLC and JK-varients mod. Great fun, but I'm really having to grind missions to unlock new and heavier mechs since there's like, 4 of every model, and my pilots and gear isn't at the place where I can reliably snipe legs and cockpits. Im just buying default parts at the store for the basic models.

On that note, in Battletech what would be the mech analog to the Destroid/Konig Monster? Stalker? Bullshark? King Crab? I plan on eventually running a Stinger, Warhammer, Archer and Rifleman gang with the occasional substitute like an Atlas or Highlander.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    Probably Bullshark is the closest in the HBS game

• Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    Boy, I sure love playing Conquest in MWO. Did you lose, but you played the objectives? Congrats, not only did you not get to brawl, you're losing rank because your damage is too low. Reward playing the objectives? Get out of here scrub.

• Options
    I love losing rank. Less chance to run into passive sniping games and more chances for people to ignore the pair of SRM pakhets that walked casually behind their lines

• Options
    Definitely the Bullshark with its huge artillery cannon.

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    I am so bad at this game.

tm1gqb7py5lp.png

I don't want to think about how many games/years that took me.

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991