As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Today's weird-ass weapon (or possibly weird ass-weapon) to level: the Simulor.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    I'm sorry. It sucks. The Synoid Simulor used to be the polar opposite of sucks, by comparison, but then they (probably rather rightly) realised that giving Mirage a bazillion splodey flashbang effects like it did was maybe "a little bit much" so now it's kinda "meh".

The version you're working with, nah, just sucks. You should try the Mutalist Quanta/Quanta; I hear they don't suck, but their mechanics are... Bonkers is not strong enough IMO.

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
    dporowski wrote: »
    I'm sorry. It sucks. The Synoid Simulor used to be the polar opposite of sucks, by comparison, but then they (probably rather rightly) realised that giving Mirage a bazillion splodey flashbang effects like it did was maybe "a little bit much" so now it's kinda "meh".

The version you're working with, nah, just sucks. You should try the Mutalist Quanta/Quanta; I hear they don't suck, but their mechanics are... Bonkers is not strong enough IMO.

The history behind that is great. People talk about how broken it used to be on the PC version, but back when the Switch version first launched, Simulor on Mirage was actually bugged to deal overflowing damage to everything on the entire level. It took them an embarrassingly long time to fix it as well.

• FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    At least archimedian Yonta is my guarantee against being screwed over by extreme RNG. I'm looking at you Orb Mother and your refusal to drop a certain component for me.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    The irony about those pistol skins, IMO, is that by the post-Orokin era, they're all about as archaic as the flintlock.

The irony about those pistol skins, IMO, is that by the post-Orokin era, they're all about as archaic as the flintlock.

I'm pretty sure that they would have been as archaic as the flintlock even in the pre-Orokin era. Human civilization went to space, became the Orokin empire, flourished (as much as an utterly corrupt and decadent regime can flourish) and rose to heights where the leaders believed they were god, commited acts of hubris, warred against their creations, fell, experience a second dark age that lasted long enough that Warframes (the elite weapons of the previous war) became myths and religion before they were revived by some reclusive order of warframe worshipping cultists and their messianic leader the Lotus.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
  • tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    Pain.... so much pain. I remembered being able to solo Exploiter Orb, so I attempted it. It... did not go well. I was using my Acceltra and working on this Laetrum thinger but I figured it would be okay. It was not. Amusingly, as I was typing this post out the Acceltra part seemed familiar and well...

6odjj4a6xct0.png

It seems I did not learn that lesson. This time I got annoyed and aborted to swap weapons (so many ammo pizzas wasted), and so I opted to use the Bubonico instead (should have swapped to a hitscan but I don't remember which hitscan was good). Smooth phase 1 again, was able to build the heat up and down her. I do the QTE. I attack the weakspot with the bubonico no damage. So I swap to the Laetum... also no damage. So I swap into the operator and it's doing chip damage... so... I try one last thing... my Hirudo that I haven't felt like swapping out. It hurts her normally.

and so, after a 30 minute adventure, the Exploiter Orb was defeated. the good thing is I got two Lazulites. the bad thing is, even if I cap out my daily rep I'll be 1,000 short of the next rank. :U

“I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
  • DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    For this week's Nightwave elite weekly, a radiation modded Laetum is hilariously effective on level 70 Thumper Domas.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
    For this week's Nightwave elite weekly, a radiation modded Laetum is hilariously effective on level 70 Thumper Domas.

200% strength Caliban and mod for blast is my jam. One fusion strike to strip away all armor. Then blast for maximum damage against machinery.

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular

200% strength Caliban and mod for blast is my jam. One fusion strike to strip away all armor. Then blast for maximum damage against machinery.

I like using Nova to lock it down, the Laetum doesn't even need an armor strip, it's dead before using even 15% of the incarnon charge. Never even gets off its quake.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
    edited December 2022
    Pain.... so much pain. I remembered being able to solo Exploiter Orb, so I attempted it. It... did not go well. I was using my Acceltra and working on this Laetrum thinger but I figured it would be okay. It was not. Amusingly, as I was typing this post out the Acceltra part seemed familiar and well...

6odjj4a6xct0.png

It seems I did not learn that lesson. This time I got annoyed and aborted to swap weapons (so many ammo pizzas wasted), and so I opted to use the Bubonico instead (should have swapped to a hitscan but I don't remember which hitscan was good). Smooth phase 1 again, was able to build the heat up and down her. I do the QTE. I attack the weakspot with the bubonico no damage. So I swap to the Laetum... also no damage. So I swap into the operator and it's doing chip damage... so... I try one last thing... my Hirudo that I haven't felt like swapping out. It hurts her normally.

and so, after a 30 minute adventure, the Exploiter Orb was defeated. the good thing is I got two Lazulites. the bad thing is, even if I cap out my daily rep I'll be 1,000 short of the next rank. :U

I just spammed Profit Taker 4. Less toroid per run, also much less annoyance per run. And half the time someone's got a Zenith, which makes the pylons seriously funny.

Edit: Also, if you haven't maxed Little Duck, just go get a booster, a Nekros, and hang out in the Spaceport for... A while. Those little green fucking toroids are the worst.

dporowski on
  • dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    Why is RNG so cruel sometimes. Normally, I'm not looking for trouble in POE but those damn Thumpers will always show up. But today I WAS looking for trouble and 3 level 50 missions later .... NOT ONE OF THE FUCKERS SHOW THEIR FACE. I could feel the game snickering at me with a NOPE ... no thumping for you today, LOL. As soon as I'm not looking for them anymore ... I'll feel that tap on my shoulder ... remember me?

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    The best way to find a thumper is to go fishing and mind your own business. Guarantees you get like, 9 of them dropped on your head.

edited December 2022
    dporowski wrote: »

6odjj4a6xct0.png

I just spammed Profit Taker 4. Less toroid per run, also much less annoyance per run. And half the time someone's got a Zenith, which makes the pylons seriously funny.

Edit: Also, if you haven't maxed Little Duck, just go get a booster, a Nekros, and hang out in the Spaceport for... A while. Those little green fucking toroids are the worst.

lol. much like back in 2020, I got bored farming toroids on my Nekros and figured why not do that? I did try to do it pub before opting to solo but that run fizzled before it even started... history repeated through and through.

got my thumper while doing a narmer bounty in pub. poor guy :<

tastydonuts on
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    jothki wrote: »
    Lua's Prey is out, and I can now safely confirm that major patches aren't going to get me to open the game back up. It's been a fun ride.

You're finally free.

How I envy you.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    Grendel's changes are good for him but is also yet another example of how bad Status 2.0 has been for the game. And hey, yet another full armor-strip ability, because DE keeps letting enemies with 95%+ damage resistance from armor be a thing.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • DacDac Registered User regular
    DE buffs, DE breaks.

Prolonged Paralysis only applying at +100% duration on stun instead of displayed +200%. And now is bugged and not applying ability strength.

JFC is it too fucking much to ask that they test this shit once?

Off I go to file another bug report that will probably be ignored.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Crossplay with Playstation and Switch is live

Jeix wrote: »

I'm concerned about how this will affect Conclave balance. Won't Switch players have a huge advantage due to having access to motion controls?

Okay, yeah, I'm not really concerned about Conclave balance.

Dac wrote: »
    Grendel's changes are good for him but is also yet another example of how bad Status 2.0 has been for the game. And hey, yet another full armor-strip ability, because DE keeps letting enemies with 95%+ damage resistance from armor be a thing.

just think of the armor as shields that don't regenerate and still allow the enemy to take damage~

• HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

I'm concerned about how this will affect Conclave balance. Won't Switch players have a huge advantage due to having access to motion controls?

I honest to god had to think for a moment to remember that
    A- Conclave is a thing that already existed rather than something new
    B- What it was

I see they have decided to make up for the dreadful combination of tiles they used in ESO last week :O

• Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular

I honest to god had to think for a moment to remember that
    A- Conclave is a thing that already existed rather than something new
    B- What it was

• KeitreKeitre Registered User regular
    I've been playing on PS4 for quite a while, but kind of fell off on account of all my friends quitting. I've got more friends on PC and we're basically just waiting for cross-save so we can all get together and start playing again without half of us giving up a bunch of progress. Haven't played in a while, and I've got a couple of potentially stupid questions.

I've noticed parts tend to sell for more on PS4 than on PC, and plan on logging in to trade off most of my duplicate parts before the merge so I can take that and splurge on cheaper stuff afterwards. Is this a good idea?

And I'll apologize in advance if this has already been answered in the thread, but I couldn't find a way to search just this thread, and saw no mention in the OP. Are there any plans for a PA alliance if all the disparate PA clans are suddenly on the same servers together?

edited December 2022
    Well well well ... initial crossplay between PC, Xbox, PS, and NS is still live and not as buggy as I was expecting. I didn't expect an extended test so ... early(?). I was surprised to login and actually see people in recruitment chat ... *gasp* recruiting. It had degenerated to bored people from region chat coming into recruitment chat and having ... conversations. Get a room dammit. That being said I got my cross-play willie wet last night and it felt better than doing it by myself ... Wait ... pause? NO PAUSE.

Now to finally wrangle some people to dive into the content that I put on the back-burner because although I could do it solo ... it's more palatable with a friend. I'm not disparaging against my specters but you guys are DUMB AF.

dipuc4life on
  • kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    Keitre wrote: »
    I've been playing on PS4 for quite a while, but kind of fell off on account of all my friends quitting. I've got more friends on PC and we're basically just waiting for cross-save so we can all get together and start playing again without half of us giving up a bunch of progress. Haven't played in a while, and I've got a couple of potentially stupid questions.

I've noticed parts tend to sell for more on PS4 than on PC, and plan on logging in to trade off most of my duplicate parts before the merge so I can take that and splurge on cheaper stuff afterwards. Is this a good idea?

And I'll apologize in advance if this has already been answered in the thread, but I couldn't find a way to search just this thread, and saw no mention in the OP. Are there any plans for a PA alliance if all the disparate PA clans are suddenly on the same servers together?

Cross play across the four platforms exists at the moment, you guys can all play together right now. There are no cross play clans or dojo visits unfortunately, and the cross save feature which I assume is what they'll need before cross platforms clans can exist, has no eta and is estimated to take a while by most randos on the internet. I'm not certain we can all have cross platform friends, but weather we can or not we should all list our names here or perhaps a google doc so we can send messages that could perhaps be relayed to various clan chats like before our alliance started.

In regard to when to sell or buy, I can't really offer anything useful. You may know more about a potential merger than I do, but so far as I know they have no specific timeline or even plans for cross save to merge real money currencies. Nobody knows how that's going to work especially with sony.

We have a sizable clan alliance on pc already, I can't quite remember off the top of my head but someplace between 12 adn 17 clans? When they do enable cross platform clans or alliances I assume we'll all connect or if we can't we'll find work arounds or ways to resolve the issues preventing it.

In warframe on PC my name is severenn
  • furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    I thought I was free but crossplay has brought me back. My son has been playing on his Xbox and I was far too invested in my PlayStation account to start over. But now we can play together. I can even trade him cool stuff. Also when I logged in I got a 50% off and 100 plat for some reason so werewolf girl is mine now. I wasn't sure which of the frames I don't have would be the worst to farm but I am away from my PlayStation all weekend and didn't want to lose the coupon.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
    No crossplay trade yet, or specifically planned yet.

kralizecc wrote: »
    No crossplay trade yet, or specifically planned yet.

it's the only cross that really matters... market prices on the other platforms are so much better than xbox... :P

Well, as the last surviving member of the Switch PA clan (Rest in Peace @Jothki :p ... wait ... you ARE still around) I'd definitely be down for some spacemans shooting and looting. So a list of the active people in each of the clans and/or group activity request would make my day.

I'll even start with my own IGN ONVEBAL from Switch ... looking for ltr ... I mean group to do some stuff with (but not the new new stuff because I haven't done the new war yet because it takes hours and I don't have the time to do it in one sitting so that means I haven't done any of the new stuff *takes breath* ... run on sentence). And now I sound desperate *sigh* ... I'm just excited is all.

I think a good idea would be to get discord on whatever folks post to the forums with, and use the pa discord warframe text channel. Not sure if switch makes for easy typing or not, but sending whispers to tons of usernames without a communal chat may be super time consuming.

Got a Voruna + Volnus Prime build that at least lets me handle regular enemies on Steel Path, but Eximoose still wreck me.

edited December 2022
    https://discord.gg/ZU8sshnZ

This link will expire in 7 days. It is a link to the penny arcade forums discord server, not sure how official it is but it's for sure not the official server used for pax etc. It's the only pa server I've known for gaming and whatnot though.

If anyone across the platforms wants to organize, I'd get this setup on a phone, computer, whatever you use to post here and use the #space_robutts chat channel to do it.

We cannot add friends across platforms yet, or join clans, or even visit dojos so we'd have to use some external list of names to send whispers to and organize like a game of telephone. Having one chat, much like the alliance chat, will make it a lot easier even if it's not on the device you're using to play the game.

I put all the other channels on mute and get no app alerts from anything but folks typing in that specific channel so if anyone needs help with anything or just wants to squad up, ping me there and if I'm home I'll get in the game.

EDIT: I know you cannot invite folks to your clan from other platforms, but I don't know if that's the case with alliances. If any of you non pc folks have a clan that isn't in an alliance post the exact spelling of the clan name here and I'll try to invite you to ours.

kralizecc on
    Is this discord different from the one that's like, all sub-threads for each game and stuff?

Is this discord different from the one that's like, all sub-threads for each game and stuff?

No idea, but it's the one in every warframe thread since the start that I know of. I assume it's in many other game threads here as tons of pa forum folks are in it.

dipuc4life wrote: »
    Well, as the last surviving member of the Switch PA clan (Rest in Peace Jothki :p ... wait ... you ARE still around) I'd definitely be down for some spacemans shooting and looting. So a list of the active people in each of the clans and/or group activity request would make my day.

I'll even start with my own IGN ONVEBAL from Switch ... looking for ltr ... I mean group to do some stuff with (but not the new new stuff because I haven't done the new war yet because it takes hours and I don't have the time to do it in one sitting so that means I haven't done any of the new stuff *takes breath* ... run on sentence). And now I sound desperate *sigh* ... I'm just excited is all.

Posting about the game requires a significantly lower time commitment than actually playing it, yeah.

edited December 2022
    ah understood...

Playing the catch up to old content game, I just started off a Sister and she has an Envoy but apparently you don't actually need to bag sisters to get their weapons? But... while I decided that I was going to spare my first sister... she's "Folksy" and now I'm torn.

Also the loop for the sisters is killing her dog over and over again until she gets mad? o_o

edit: will be sparing. too affable.

tastydonuts on
    dipuc4life wrote: »
    Well, as the last surviving member of the Switch PA clan (Rest in Peace Jothki :p ... wait ... you ARE still around) I'd definitely be down for some spacemans shooting and looting. So a list of the active people in each of the clans and/or group activity request would make my day.

Posting about the game requires a significantly lower time commitment than actually playing it, yeah.

Which is why I only give it about an hour an change per session. That's why I'm always behind the curve. That being said I'll probably still be behind the curve for the foreseeable future ... just will be checking off bucket-list items as I go now.

• IanatorIanator Gaze upon my works, ye mighty and facepalm.Registered User regular

Can confirm that this does seem to be the same server discussed in one of the G&T stickies.

steam_sig.png
    Twitch | Blizzard: Ianator#1479 | 3DS: Ianator - 1779 2336 5317 | FFXIV: Iana Ateliere (NA Sarg)
    Backlog Challenge List
    My grod. When it gets buggy, it gets really buggy. Had a game where WASD worked, I couldn't jump or hit escape, aim-gliding kept me locked zoomed in with my primary until I melee'd with MMB, etc etc.

This discussion has been closed.