As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The little crystal turtle [Pokémon] is pretty cute.

• akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Hmm, can I not nickname pokemon I’ve caught in tera raids? I have this Corrosion Glimmora I wanna name Lucretia.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • Jubal77Jubal77 Registered User regular
    Man ive done raids all night and not one herb mystica.... i must be really unlucky....

?

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    If you're doing the event Mimikyu and Flogres i believe they don't drop Mystica so i have been avoiding them.

• ChallChall Registered User regular
    Hey I caught Charizard after about 5 or 6 tries. I got a group with Flutter Mane doing damage, two Sylveons screeching and my Azumarill doing Light Screen, Helping Hands and heal cheers.

It's weird to have a Pokemon game where you have to think in terms of MMO parties, like having a primary damage dealer, 2 debuffs and a healer in the party

• EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    It’s a neat idea, though. Treating it as an actual raid. And Pokémon can do enough different roles that it kinda works.

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I wanted to catch Charizard solo, and it turned out unlocking the raid was way harder than beating it. Clearing the 5 star raids took me a bunch of attempts, and a bunch of failures. Then Fluttermane took Charizard down with full health and half the time limit left.

If anyone else wants to solo it:
    Fluttermane, hyper training to max IVs, fill it with carbos and calcium, give it a stealth cloak. Calm mind 3 times, draining kiss to refill health when you need it, moonblast when your health is fine.

• ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Got a Charcadet outbreak and pulled 2 shiny out of it. (Would have been three but i accidently went into picnic mode when i tried to save a despawned it)

So uh.. Ceruledge's shiny is kind of a scam.

• KupiKupi Registered User regular
    Chall wrote: »
    Hey I caught Charizard after about 5 or 6 tries. I got a group with Flutter Mane doing damage, two Sylveons screeching and my Azumarill doing Light Screen, Helping Hands and heal cheers.

It's weird to have a Pokemon game where you have to think in terms of MMO parties, like having a primary damage dealer, 2 debuffs and a healer in the party

I'll note that the official competitive format (doubles) has a number of these dynamics, albeit in miniature. Screens, spreading debuffs, speed and turn order control, and so on have far more utility with two monsters on the field.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
    Zunde wrote: »
    If you're doing the event Mimikyu and Flogres i believe they don't drop Mystica so i have been avoiding them.

I did some. I didnt see that so ill stick to the other colors I guess heh.

Also if anyone wants to trade a set of violet paradoxes for my scarlet ones and a trade back of the extra bikemon I would appreciate it. Online areas have dried up for trading with all the duping, easier end game breeding, etc.

• Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    Got the game and was pleases to discover 1) Paldean Wooper can be found very early on and 2) there are tons of bugs and fairies for Paldean Wooper to steamroll. Also very pleased to learn that this Poison/Ground pokemon has Water Absorb.

• King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Oh hey you can get regular Wooper

Big bois are going on the prowl

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    BTW I haven't even gotten to the school yet but I want Great Tusk as soon as possible because it looks friggin rad. What's the fastest way to beeline to having a Dire Donphan?

• ph blakeph blake Registered User regular
    Hexmage-PA wrote: »
    BTW I haven't even gotten to the school yet but I want Great Tusk as soon as possible because it looks friggin rad. What's the fastest way to beeline to having a Dire Donphan?

I've got some bad news
    final area of the game, accessible after beating all 3 story branches

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    ph blake wrote: »

I've got some bad news

Not actually true. This particular one can be caught earlier, in the desert, after a certain badge.

liEt3nH.png
  • ph blakeph blake Registered User regular

I've got some bad news

Not actually true. This particular one can be caught earlier, in the desert, after a certain badge.

Oh, I thought that was also unlocked once you hit area zero, didn't realize the checkpoint was earlier.

7h8wnycre6vs.png
  • I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular

I've got some bad news

Oh, I thought that was also unlocked once you hit area zero, didn't realize the checkpoint was earlier.
    Yeah you can functionally catch each Titan like immediately after their initial defeat. I caught the stork five minutes after I killed 'im.

liEt3nH.png
    Jubal77 wrote: »

Also if anyone wants to trade a set of violet paradoxes for my scarlet ones and a trade back of the extra bikemon I would appreciate it. Online areas have dried up for trading with all the duping, easier end game breeding, etc.

@Jubal77 I'd love to swap for the Scarlet paradoxes, I'm on now if you want

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Fun tidbit: if you poison a wild tera pokemon, it'll kill them without breaking their crystal form so...yeah, don't do that.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile

Jubal77 I'd love to swap for the Scarlet paradoxes, I'm on now if you want

Thank you so much Chall! That is my shiny charm gotten!

Jubal77 I'd love to swap for the Scarlet paradoxes, I'm on now if you want

Thank you so much Chall! That is my shiny charm gotten!

And thanks to you for completing mine!

• initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    does anyone know why it might be that i am able to join other people's pokemon raids but opening up mine has no one joining? It's been doing this since yesterday. I am 1) online, 2) selecting the Let anyone join option

I AM able to join other people's raids so it's not just like an "online no work" thing

edited December 2022
    Are they 5*? My 5*s tend to not fill up either I think most people are soloing them. Ive also noticed today hiccups in online fights.

Edit: Got my Iron Hands done. So fun. Much solo.

Jubal77 on
    Is Iron Hands just the one Belly Drum then Drain Punch man win? Maybe I’ll build that.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong, but built the same as guides I’m just not seeing the big one-shots from either my Perrserker or Gholdengo. I did all the mint, bottlecapping, EV training etc. Maybe I’m just having bad luck with the NPC helpers?

edited December 2022
    The gholdengo solo was more volatile yeah. I have had much more stability with the Iron Hands and Azumaril. I havent bothered with the Perrserker cause it is yolo.

Jubal77 on
    Also do shiny sammich work on egg hatching?

does anyone know why it might be that i am able to join other people's pokemon raids but opening up mine has no one joining? It's been doing this since yesterday. I am 1) online, 2) selecting the Let anyone join option

I AM able to join other people's raids so it's not just like an "online no work" thing
    I've kind of been actively avoiding other people's raids and I wouldn't be surprised if other people were aswell.

Right now, choosing something to get a "communicating" message for like three minutes only to then be told the raid no longer has any vacancies is pretty annoying.

edited December 2022
    akjak wrote: »
    Also do shiny sammich work on egg hatching?

No. Shiny Charm and Masuda only. But it instantly gets you to 1-512.

Edit: The sandwiches for breeding you can use the egg power to fill your boxes with eggs faster.

Jubal77 on
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »

I've kind of been actively avoiding other people's raids and I wouldn't be surprised if other people were aswell.

Right now, choosing something to get a "communicating" message for like three minutes only to then be told the raid no longer has any vacancies is pretty annoying.

It's kind of impressive that they made it worse than trying to join SwSh raids

• RamiRami Registered User regular
    I noticed the Charizard was only available for 2 days so I grabbed the only Azumaril I had from out of my box, fed it all of my XP candy to get it to 100, then taught it misty terrain and rain dance because they seemed like they would be helpful.

I tried hosting an online raid with it, misty terrain was useless because it never used a dragon attack. Rain dance just meant I got 2 hit killed by the now 100% accurate hurricane.

So I hosted a second online raid and just spammed play rough. Got burned immediately. Felt like a lost cause really, but then after we all fainted the first time our terra orbs were up, and it turns out that azumaril and 2 sylveons all firing off terra fairy attacks melts its HP pretty much instantly. I think we took it from 70% to 0% in less than 10 seconds.

I did wonder if maybe I should hold out for a female charizard so I could use a rare apricot ball and be able to pass it down through breeding, but eh

100% catch rate for raids was absolutely the right call though. Fuck, I remember doing GMax Lapras raids 15 times in a row and never catching the damn thing.

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    First shiny hunt using outbreaks took ~18 min to find Shiny Forretress. Nice.

I’m now breeding HA Sprigatitio with Ally Switch and Petal Blizzard (cuz why not). Should all have high IVs, but I haven’t hit a good nature yet.

Lemme know if you want one. Gonna breed up a box or two and surprise trade ‘em on xmas.

• PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Found my first shiny in this today. Ghastly. So many of these things are barely different...

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • KizmittKizmitt Registered User regular
    I found a shiny jumpluff and memento is the most devastating move.

edited December 2022
    Polaritie wrote: »
    Found my first shiny in this today. Ghastly. So many of these things are barely different...
    Look up Armarouge and Cereledge's shinies.

The disappointment is overflowing.

Dr. Chaos on
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    Yeah I was looking up shiny versions of the new pokemon and so many of them are terrible, slight recolours and barely noticeable at all. Never understood the shinies that are barely discernible from the OG, what's the damn point of them at all?

Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
    My favorite shiny of all time is still Trevenant.

I got a shiny Slowking from a raid and didn't even notice until a day later. I guess they don't even sparkle in raid battles?

• AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    I don't intend to shiny hunt in this game because there's no sparkle and I'm colourblind, so it's damn hard to tell the difference sometimes.

• TurambarTurambar Independent Registered User regular
    Rami wrote: »
    I did wonder if maybe I should hold out for a female charizard so I could use a rare apricot ball and be able to pass it down through breeding, but eh

100% catch rate for raids was absolutely the right call though. Fuck, I remember doing GMax Lapras raids 15 times in a row and never catching the damn thing.

Doesn't breeding a male with a Ditto pass down the ball?

Steam: turamb | Origin: Turamb | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar | Warframe(PC): Turamb
  • CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    akjak wrote: »
    My favorite shiny of all time is still Trevenant.

I had no idea that sandygast/pallossand were goth versions. I found out and was like 'omg thats great' then it hit midnight and a friend had an outbreak for sandy and went out and caught one. Im so hyped.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.