As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Steam] Thread - Persona 3 now available!

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I think I've only ever played a single game to completion with the steam controller and it was the back to the future game when I was ill and horizontal. One hand only, thumb and pointer was all that was needed to point and click.

Playing through Supraland right now. Weirdly it's listed as unsupported on Deck, and apparently it's because it runs horribly on Linux by default. Not to mention the starting menu doesn't work with buttons and kept asking me to press F11.

The fix ended up being to fiddle with the game profile on deck to run at a lower rez and then use FSR to fake it, but it runs smooth now.

This will be my first FPS I play with a Steam controller. I've played point and click adventure games with it in the past and it works great with those; I set one pad to high sensitivity to get the pointer across the screen fast and the other to low sensitivity for fine movements.

I'm going with Valve's recommended configuration for Half-Life 2 and the way they have it set up is you rest your thumb on the right pad to activate motion controls while moving around on the same right pad works as mouse look. It's weird.

• Options
    AntoshkaAntoshka Miauen Oil Change LazarusRegistered User regular
    I was just minding my own business, getting back into WoW (again), when out of nowhere, I was Kiwi'd
    uJQg2uR.png

Thanks, @Pixelated Pixie!

n57PM0C.jpg
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Toy Soldiers complete done.

WW1 setting scratched an itch and cold war was kind good but....I'm not satisfied.

• Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Here's a steam key for Star War: The Force Unleashed if anyone wants it
    MHFTH-JBVEY-VK7IA

Thetheroo on
  • Options
    HevachHevach Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Thank you, Thetheroo. I still have the 360 version literally sitting in the tray of my red ringed console swearing some day I'll get back to it with one of the more robust versions of the console, and here like ten years later...

Well, that just leaves Lost Odyssey in my 360 backlog, everything else is now in my PC backlog where I have a lot less excuses.

Hevach on
  • Options
    Oof, rebuild 3 still scratches itches.

Turned the difficulty down and had fun, actually started wiping out factions.

Took pride wiping out cult faction because they convertes my half zombie husband to their religion and he killed himself to be one with the ascended

• Options
    Oof, rebuild 3 still scratches itches.

Turned the difficulty down and had fun, actually started wiping out factions.

Took pride wiping out cult faction because they convertes my half zombie husband to their religion and he killed himself to be one with the ascended

I've long forgotten what game you've been playing and these posts read like such delightful nonsense.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/k_IwHYDy2ns
    I played that for a while but am taking a break

Massacres this and i see it when i close my eyes
    https://youtu.be/e_NJvGjjSYg

https://youtu.be/-XlzCqoDeEw
    Revistes this but now i am uninstalling because I was up for *massacres horde of 75 zombies* hours

• Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 is free on Rebellion's shop if you use promo code "rebel30" at checkout. Some keys appear to be duplicated, if this happens just send them a support ticket and they'll replace it.

I played the game last week and it's still fun. It doesn't have much of a story and the game can be challenging at times even on normal difficulty. Xenomorphs spawn infinitely in Marine and Predator campaigns and they move very fast even one of them can kill you in a few seconds, you have limited number of saves ( can be fixed with a cheat code). Other than that it still holds up, exploding xenons in a dangerous mess of acidic gibs with your trusty pulse rifle is still satisfying.
    Also there's a Redux mod that bumps up the graphics considerably.

• Options
    Florin wrote: »
    Aliens versus Predator Classic 2000 is free on Rebellion's shop if you use promo code "rebel30" at checkout. Some keys appear to be duplicated, if this happens just send them a support ticket and they'll replace it.

I played the game last week and it's still fun. It doesn't have much of a story and the game can be challenging at times even on normal difficulty. Xenomorphs spawn infinitely in Marine and Predator campaigns and they move very fast even one of them can kill you in a few seconds, you have limited number of saves ( can be fixed with a cheat code). Other than that it still holds up, exploding xenons in a dangerous mess of acidic gibs with your trusty pulse rifle is still satisfying.
    Also there's a Redux mod that bumps up the graphics considerably.

THIS is without a doubt the most necessary game to have in your library! Holy shit!

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Man, that game.

17 year old me was super excited to get it. Bought it when the family took our monthly shopping trip out to where video games were actually sold. 2 hour drive home.

Launched onto my PC, installed it, and it crashed loading the first level of any campaign. I was so pissed off. Installed it on the family PC, it still crashed.

A week or so later my dad came home from work and says he things he figured it out - some virus doing the rounds those days was crashing the game.

Ran anti virus, and all our PCs had it. Cleaned them, launched the game… and I got into the xenomorph campaign.

All night I was scampering around biting heads off. Ecstatic.

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    I remember playing as the alien, dropping down right in front of some hapless colonist, who took one look and, paralysed with fear, then started to cry. I've never, ever seen a moment quite like that in any other game.

• Options
    I have uninstalled rebuild 3 because I should do other things this week and this final mission will probably be huge and tiresome

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular
    Goddammit, I started playing Pathfinder again.

I blame @Pixelated Pixie for shoving it back into my goddamn brainpan.

"You've played for 44 more hours, would you like to edit your (bad) review?"

No.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Sounds like fallout 4 for me.

“This game is so bad, I have played 400 hours so I should know.”

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Random non-Steam and non-VO related thought of the day:
    While I don't use it often, I was quite pleased to learn how to add a "™" to my text on PC. It makes all the "soon™" so satisfying.

For those interested, you simply hold Alt, then type 1, 5, 3, 0 and release Alt. Viola! Instant ™

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    While I don't use it often, I was quite pleased to learn how to add a "™" to my text on PC. It makes all the "soon™" so satisfying.

For those interested, you simply hold Alt, then type 1, 5, 3, 0 and release Alt. Viola! Instant ™

Remembering those shortcuts is definitely quicker (and, yes, more satisfying) than using the archaic character map. That's a part of Windows I always wish would get a usability update (dunno if it did in 11, I'm still on 10).

Jazz on
  • Options
    Jazz wrote: »

Remembering those shortcuts is definitely quicker (and, yes, more satisfying) than using the archaic character map. That's a part of Windows I always wish would get a usability update (dunno if it did in 11, I'm still on 10).

I downgraded back to 10, but the first release of 11 still had the same basic character map that's been largely unchanged since... I want to say Windows 95 or 98?

• Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular

The emoji board (WIN+period) has a tab with characters like ™

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Someone had a meme describing you favorite game badly

I enjoy several homeless simulators, one set in a city, the other the English countryside

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    tsmvengy wrote: »

I learned something new today! Whew! Now to learn nothing more.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular

Rock collector goes on god-killing spree.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
  • Options
    NEO|Phyte wrote: »

Rock collector goes on god-killing spree.

*looks at avatar*

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular

Local miscreant cuts down grass, shatters pottery, then kills the local wildlife.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    So is the EA App just busted, currently? I can't even log in, and that's after resetting my password.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    So is the EA App just busted, currently? I can't even log in, and that's after resetting my password.

They had a thing that actually finally worked in Origin, so of course they had to nix it and make something that breaks all the time.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    tsmvengytsmvengy Registered User regular
    edited December 2022

I learned something new today! Whew! Now to learn nothing more.

I knew the emoji board existed, I only found out today that it had other characters! Go Steam Thread!
    the-more-you-know.gif

tsmvengy on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    SPECIAL Pansexual tornado breaks laws of man and beast to gather a posse and commit a nuclear act of violence to fix their garden.....at least when i played it

• Options
    ThawmusThawmus +Jackface Registered User regular

It's been working for me, but what I do is I just launch the installer via Steam, then launch the launcher, then launch the ME:L launcher, then launch Mass Effect, and then I never exit the game just suspend my Deck.

Twitch: Thawmus83
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular

Angry girl says fuck the church after her parent-figure sacrifices her brother to god

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    I was actually following that guide from Gaming On Linux on Youtube to install EA via the Heroic launcher. I got to the very last step, which is logging in, and it doesn't let me log in. I can't even log in via a computer either.

edit: Figured it out. Email address is case sensitive.

double edit: Nope, seems like I get the "technical difficulties" error on the Deck if I try to log in that way. But it works on my laptop and phone now, for some reason.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    edited December 2022

I enjoy several homeless simulators, one set in a city, the other the English countryside

Juvenile runaway enters God into brutal animal fighting tournament.

Hevach on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Madican wrote: »

Angry girl says fuck the church after her parent-figure sacrifices her brother to god

Oh hey, one I recognize! And enjoyed the hell out of.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Jesus at the end of time sits in a bar, mixing drinks.

A clcok counts down a band of heroes bursts through the doors, alongside the would be god that wronged them.

He engages both sides in coversations, offers a drink to set the match, then engages them in a battle

With the power of music!

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular

Hard to choose a favorite.

Perhaps between "Girl learns that coping mechanisms also teach you how to air dash" and "enthusiastic subordinate has comedic banter with their boss to the backdrop of religious wars and attempted genocide".

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    MorninglordMorninglord I'm tired of being Batman, so today I'll be Owl.Registered User regular
    I was trying to do Godhand but "local homeless bum has arm replaced with a gods, beats up demons" is like, the literal plot...

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • Options
    Drascin wrote: »

Perhaps between "Girl learns that coping mechanisms also teach you how to air dash" and "enthusiastic subordinate has comedic banter with their boss to the backdrop of religious wars and attempted genocide".
    Valkyria chronicles?

• Options
    edited December 2022

True, I'd forgotten that! I've noticed using it quite frequently for WhatsApp on PC it appears to miss out at least one emoji I tend to use fairly frequently, which is annoying; but I'd forgotten its special character tab, thanks for the reminder!

Jazz on
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Drascin wrote: »

Valkyria chronicles?

No, Valkyria is just standard European wars of conquest mostly. The first one I'm pretty sure of, the second I'm drawing a blank.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Teenager gets force-fed a bug, then forms an army of monsters, and proceeds to punch all the gods in their collective faces, often literally.
    (Alternatively, news reporter brain washes the entire universe with her funky moves to save the very people she's hypnotizing.)
    I was trying to do Godhand but "local homeless bum has arm replaced with a gods, beats up demons" is like, the literal plot...

Well, the problem is, it's just a game about punching people...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JBqB5LUKh8A

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
This discussion has been closed.