As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Warframe] WHEEE x69

• furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Played some crossplay with my son tonight. It worked really well. Shame we can't add friends but at least we can just stay grouped up. He hit MR4 but that doesn't unlock anything neat. 5 is when the good guns start to show up. I took him to hydron and we did two rounds but then it was bed time. It sucks that I can't trade him mods. Also sucks that I can't find him a clan. He could really use access to those goodies. We had fun and are going to continue tomorrow after work and school.

sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Played some crossplay with my son tonight. It worked really well. Shame we can't add friends but at least we can just stay grouped up. He hit MR4 but that doesn't unlock anything neat. 5 is when the good guns start to show up. I took him to hydron and we did two rounds but then it was bed time. It sucks that I can't trade him mods. Also sucks that I can't find him a clan. He could really use access to those goodies. We had fun and are going to continue tomorrow after work and school.

Hek and Vasto disagrees with you assessment of MR4 guns. Although most of the goodstuff at tier 4 are Lab weapons (guandao, nikana, venka, nukor).

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • EtiowsaEtiowsa Registered User regular
    Holy shit, I'm never gonna make these zariman weapons. I'm incapable of finding a squad that'll stay for a full reward rotation. Everyone will cut at wave 1 or for some fucking reason, wave 3. My brain hurts.

• tastydonutstastydonuts Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Does a void angel spawn at wave 3 of what you're doing? It's drop void angels for Nightwave so maybe they're just doing that. I guess the ravenous counts as a void angel... that... changes things :V

I need 15 pinions quickly... so... sorry if I we crossplay xD

tastydonuts on
    “I used to draw, hard to admit that I used to draw...”
    Ravenous void angels don't drop pinions.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    Ravenous void angels don't drop pinions.

well, that's disappointing... but time saving.

• DivideByZeroDivideByZero Social Justice Blackguard Registered User regular
    Don't forget to check Yonta for voidplume trades, it's always an upgrade to whatever plume you're trading in and updates 3x daily. You should be swimming in Thrax plasm and Voidgel orbs after a few missions so always buy whatever doesn't cost Lanthorns.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKERS
    Yeah, I'm doing those when I remember the timer has reset, too many stock and bounty timers... :U

Also if you're been doing Zariman missions for a while do yourself a favor and check your foundry to see if you can build the Parallax landing craft. The air support marks every voidplume, syndicate medallion, ayatan sculpture, kuria, and rare crate in a decent radius. It is game changing.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Also if you're been doing Zariman missions for a while do yourself a favor and check your foundry to see if you can build the Parallax landing craft. The air support marks every voidplume, syndicate medallion, ayatan sculpture, kuria, and rare crate in a decent radius. It is game changing.

Ooh, been wondering about what did that. And I also finished building the Parallax yesterday.

• dporowskidporowski Registered User regular
    The absolute quickest route to pinions is spamming the exterminate or Mobile Defense; there's always going to be an angel somewhere in the tileset, and both of those let you pause what you're doing and gank an angel real quick. (And if you have a good amp, they're very soloable too.)

...and I also finished a 2-2-3 amp today, so let's see what all the fuzz is about.

dporowski wrote: »
    The absolute quickest route to pinions is spamming the exterminate or Mobile Defense; there's always going to be an angel somewhere in the tileset, and both of those let you pause what you're doing and gank an angel real quick. (And if you have a good amp, they're very soloable too.)

I do exterminate as bounties because it seems that they do the old thing when you can truly clear the exterminate maps out upon completion and just explore. The sweet peace it brings... :V

I don't think they fixed it so exterminate works the old way on other maps though, right?

• Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    The irony about those pistol skins, IMO, is that by the post-Orokin era, they're all about as archaic as the flintlock.

I'm pretty sure that they would have been as archaic as the flintlock even in the pre-Orokin era. Human civilization went to space, became the Orokin empire, flourished (as much as an utterly corrupt and decadent regime can flourish) and rose to heights where the leaders believed they were god, commited acts of hubris, warred against their creations, fell, experience a second dark age that lasted long enough that Warframes (the elite weapons of the previous war) became myths and religion before they were revived by some reclusive order of warframe worshipping cultists and their messianic leader the Lotus.

Archaic weapons are kind of the point lorewise. There's fluff somewhere about needing to break out armament too primitive for the Sentients to automatically assimilate for themselves. Void energy did the heavy lifting but dusting off the museum pieces to surprise the Sentients was a part of it too apparently. Warframe is just so far off that even sci-fi weapons are archaic in lore.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
    dporowski wrote: »

I do exterminate as bounties because it seems that they do the old thing when you can truly clear the exterminate maps out upon completion and just explore. The sweet peace it brings... :V

I don't think they fixed it so exterminate works the old way on other maps though, right?

No clue, I'm afraid; that's the only one I've done it on.

The irony about those pistol skins, IMO, is that by the post-Orokin era, they're all about as archaic as the flintlock.

I'm pretty sure that they would have been as archaic as the flintlock even in the pre-Orokin era. Human civilization went to space, became the Orokin empire, flourished (as much as an utterly corrupt and decadent regime can flourish) and rose to heights where the leaders believed they were god, commited acts of hubris, warred against their creations, fell, experience a second dark age that lasted long enough that Warframes (the elite weapons of the previous war) became myths and religion before they were revived by some reclusive order of warframe worshipping cultists and their messianic leader the Lotus.

Archaic weapons are kind of the point lorewise. There's fluff somewhere about needing to break out armament too primitive for the Sentients to automatically assimilate for themselves. Void energy did the heavy lifting but dusting off the museum pieces to surprise the Sentients was a part of it too apparently. Warframe is just so far off that even sci-fi weapons are archaic in lore.

2pl12q0k7wum.png

• kralizecckralizecc Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Etiowsa wrote: »
    Holy shit, I'm never gonna make these zariman weapons. I'm incapable of finding a squad that'll stay for a full reward rotation. Everyone will cut at wave 1 or for some fucking reason, wave 3. My brain hurts.

So far as I am aware there is only one weapon that requires parts as drops from zarimen missions. The aeolak or something? The overpowered weapons are all purchased from the faction weapon dude but required void feathers and whatnot to craft.

I did almost ALL my void feather and resource harvesting doing the zariman exterminate node, solo. Doing it solo lets you fully explore, learn the tileset fully and open every loot container to get more lanthorns than you'll ever use by the time you get enough void pinions.

It was very slow and easy on ivara and quite pleasant doing it while listening to sean carroll talk about the arrow of time. Often times, the exterminate node is a bounty from the zariman bounty giver, which I will take over simply doing the node naked unless the bounty requirement is doing the node in less than 5 minutes. I like to get all the loot and it has payed off, I've never been short or even close to it for doing all the crafting.

We may not be on the same platform, but my operator can usually one shot the angels, hit me up if you want to try some with a team mate but not feel the need to rush. My in game name is severenn and I'm also in the discord

kralizecc on
    In warframe on PC my name is severenn
    kralizecc wrote: »
    Etiowsa wrote: »

So far as I am aware there is only one weapon that requires parts as drops from zarimen missions. The aeolak or something? The overpowered weapons are all purchased from the faction weapon dude but required void feathers and whatnot to craft.

I did almost ALL my void feather and resource harvesting doing the zariman exterminate node, solo. Doing it solo lets you fully explore, learn the tileset fully and open every loot container to get more lanthorns than you'll ever use by the time you get enough void pinions.

It was very slow and easy on ivara and quite pleasant doing it while listening to sean carroll talk about the arrow of time. Often times, the exterminate node is a bounty from the zariman bounty giver, which I will take over simply doing the node naked unless the bounty requirement is doing the node in less than 5 minutes. I like to get all the loot and it has payed off, I've never been short or even close to it for doing all the crafting.

We may not be on the same platform, but my operator can usually one shot the angels, hit me up if you want to try some with a team mate but not feel the need to rush. My in game name is severenn and I'm also in the discord

Both Hespar and Aeolak require zariman drops.

edited December 2022
    TIL that they left the "automatic failure" thing in Exterminate missions. Was exploring and blowing up all the crates and boxes. Satisfied there was nothing left I started the Angel. Last bar... and this happens:

7iwrtg37zbmc.png

Mission Failed. >_>

edit: it knocked me out of my frame before I could double Reave it. >\

tastydonuts on
    Every time I've done a time limit exterminate, I go back and spend all the time looting and have never had a failure or problem. Though I do also always kill the angel as soon as it shows up, never waited until the timer was done. I prefer to do them slowly from the outset though so I've only done a dozen or so timed missions.

I went through the bounty kills and was just exploring and all... but by the time I started the angel there just wasn't enough time to complete it. As I assumed I wasn't pressed for time, I didn't fight it like I was... I actually melee'd down the second bar... while I was doing the void part the game went "oh hey you have 30 seconds until mission failure!"

Had it not knocked me out of my frame that would have been a different post. :V

edited December 2022
    If you're scavenging for Zariman resources, the absolute best frame you can bring is a box-breaker Xaku build, max range and efficiency, dump duration, spam 4, bring lots of Loot radar and Helminth on Greedy Pull if you're feeling extra lazy. Lanthorns for DAYS.

edit: also bring the cat that digs up rare resources.

DivideByZero on
  • JeixJeix Registered User regular
    Huh, Warframe is launching an ios beta. No progress saved but here's the sign up if anyone wants to test it out. https://www.warframe.com/ios

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Huh. Wonder if a phone version is a directive from the Ownership.

BahamutZERO.gif
    They've been talking about an iOS client for a while iirc. Bet it'd eat your battery, but don't see why it couldn't work; the various play-anywhere/streaming solutions seem to be doing nicely.

Tencent has lost a lot of market value the past few years, plus support... so idk..

weird that they have the Iphone 11 and XR... but not the SE (2022). Though I guess display size/res was a large factor in that consideration?

edited December 2022
    so I just discovered that they added the option to invert tap/hold abilities?! how these things worked drove me up the wall when I ran Vauban a ton... I guess I can try him again now. :O

edit: spoke too soon. doesn't seem to work.

tastydonuts on
    Not only can you invert tap and hold, you can do so for each individual frame and power. works fine for me, been this way for a long while now on pc.

edited December 2022
    yeah, unfortunately it doesn't seem to work on Xbox, or at least it didn't for me. Tried setting just the frame to "invert", no joy. Set the default to "invert" too, but it still didn't work. :V

tastydonuts on
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    Maybe it just applies to cycling abilities?

Vauban's 2 is a cycling ability (different mines)... changing it around wasn't doing anything. I would set it, confirm and then when I played the control didn't change. When I went back to the menu, it still showed my choice as "inverted" too. But having switched to a few different frames and some missions later, I tried to set it again and now it's working? I'll take it.

Managed to get a Xaku Chassis to drop too, so I'll have that frame in several days shortly.

• DacDac Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Nourish is such a good subsume now for weird shit. e: And I should mention just good in general.

Like the global bonus to energy return applies to things like Hunter Adrenaline/Rage. That might genuinely make some Quick Thinking builds a lot more feasible.

Dac on
    Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    Over in the Steam thread, the current forum game is to describe your favorite game(s) badly. Here's my version:

"Teenage science experiment befriends mutant cyborg(s) and team up to slaughter their way through hordes of cloned soldiers, robots and wage slaves, and cancer monsters."

odb0lxbv9i7h.png

...and yet he's sitting at max rank in my inventory. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    One hilarious but kind of expected thing I've noticed about cross-play is that Switch players always load in and out of missions dead last. It's to the point that 9 times out of 10 when cracking relics I'll load into the mission and the mission is already over ... and I'm the host. Now let me just run over, collect the trace, crack the relic, and run to extraction before the timer runs out. And here I thought players were speedy in running missions on Switch. Those PC players will make you rethink your life decisions. I don't think I can run Eidolons in a public squad guys because by the time I load in Harry is already crying ... wow.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    Can you use an external SDD with a switch?r

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    no, has to be an SD card or the built-in memory.

BahamutZERO.gif
    yeah, I just poked around further and it seems there's a speed cap on the SD cards too so internal is the fastest option. weird.

• dipuc4lifedipuc4life ... In my own HeadRegistered User regular
    I AM using the internal memory but everything loads S L O W L Y for the switch ... well slowly compared to everything else, LOL.

I've even had cases where the mission completes and before I can get past the mission complete screen I'm loading into the next mission. I'm literally getting dragged into missions because of the loading time. I mean, I didn't even give consent before I was whisked away to goodness knows where.

NNID: SW-6490-6173-9136
    Playstation: Dipuc4Life
    Warframe_Switch IGN: ONVEBAL
    So, not very impressed with the Perigale.

12 round mag on a sniper rifle isn't bad, but it shoots in four round bursts so you really only get three shots. Ammo max is 24 for everyone except Voruna who gets 48. Four consecutive headshots (including multishot) procs 100% ammo efficiency for four seconds.

Sounds not bad, only unless you are in Steel Path the enemy is probably dead from your teammates AOEs by the time your hits land, so I hope you enjoy the interminable three second reload.

For solo it's not too bad, but I wouldn't use this on any frame but Voruna for the Sniper Wolf memes.

This discussion has been closed.