As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Solasta] 5e Tactical Adventures fully released on Steam and Gamepass

1235»

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I'm kind of really confused about Skyrim Anniversary Edition. Anyone able to fill me in or point me in the right direction?

What I've heard is that if we already own Skyrim on Steam, we'll get an automatic upgrade to the anniversary edition, but that only includes the core updates (like fishing, etc.). There's some creator's club or something that I never got into and that will be $40? Can someone help me out here?

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    I'm kind of really confused about Skyrim Anniversary Edition. Anyone able to fill me in or point me in the right direction?

What I've heard is that if we already own Skyrim on Steam, we'll get an automatic upgrade to the anniversary edition, but that only includes the core updates (like fishing, etc.). There's some creator's club or something that I never got into and that will be $40? Can someone help me out here?

Wrong thread?

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    But you should play Solasta anyway Drez.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    kime wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »

Wrong thread?

Yes.

But you should play Solasta anyway Drez.

Yes.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    There is a contest to play and explore Vel Explorer, you can get $25 just for being a thorough explorer and giving feedback to the creator:

https://medium.com/@vel8b8/solasta-player-contest-crown-of-the-dungeon-explorer-9ff02d122abc

ZrA8Mok.png

There is also a contest to create your own dungeon on just one small map, 50x50. Forgive any oddness in the contest rules/explanation, the creator is French and is doing his best :)

https://bit.ly/CODM2rules

auZ5RLm.png

These people are on the official Discord and questions/discussion can take place more easily there for more info.

https://discord.com/invite/uu8utaF

• Options
    OchoOcho Registered User regular
    @UncleSporky Congrats on your win in the mapping contest, dude.

Steam ID : Ocho
  • Options
    Ocho wrote: »
    @UncleSporky Congrats on your win in the mapping contest, dude.

Thanks! This game didn't really make big waves on PA so I didn't want to bump it just to toot my own horn. But if anyone's interested this was the map I made for the contest, about an inn you stumble across with some sketchy inhabitants. It's also on Nexus if people don't have the Steam version.

This is the first map I was going to enter which is about escaping from a prison, but I used some direct file editing tricks to do things not possible from within the in-game editor (overlapping objects, putting things outside of rooms), so they weren't going to allow me to enter it. But the second one turned out better anyway.

• Options
    McHogerMcHoger Registered User regular
    Got an email again with a bunch of new stuff coming.
    Co-op!
    New Campaign DLC with new subclasses for every class!
    New Quest, Dialogue, and Custom Loot systems for the Dungeon Maker!

• Options
    New DLC looks soooooo good. And it's gonna make custom campaigns miles better (and they were already fun). I'm so excited!

They're doing a stream to show off the multiplayer, I believe, in about ~15 minutes https://www.twitch.tv/tacticaladventures/

Steam profile
  • Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Does this mean you can essentially start making tabletop campaigns to play with friends?

• Options
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Does this mean you can essentially start making tabletop campaigns to play with friends?

The big thing is that there's no "Dungeon Master" mode. As in, you can create the campaign and set everything up the way you want, but you can't control or change anything when people are playing it. Monsters, conversation checks, etc. all have to be decided ahead-of-time, and then it'll just do what you've set it to.

That's not a horrible situation at all. Right now, people have made some really cool custom campaigns, and that's without the new quest or dialogue features! And, of course, no multiplayer!

So.... yeah, the short version is that yes, you'll be able to create a campaign and then run through it with your friends, with all of you controlling a character.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Hey, Solasta is half off on GOG! https://www.gog.com/en/game/solasta_crown_of_the_magister

It's worth it at full price, but that's a steal at half price. And, of course, there's a brand new DLC campaign coming out soon, so it's a good time to join!

Steam profile
  • Options
    In celebration of the new DLC released today (and free multiplayer!), Solasta and the first DLC are both 60% off! https://store.steampowered.com/app/1723950/

Steam profile
  • Options
    I really like the new Rogue and Wizard subclasses.

• Options
    DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    So I picked this up on sale.

No monks? Boo.

Anyway, is this one of those games where NPCs notice you're looting their containers? I'm in the first major dungeon and I think I've missed out on some stuff because I didn't want to piss off the locals, and when they joined my team we got pushed into the next section before I could raid the weapon rack.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular

No monks? Boo.

Anyway, is this one of those games where NPCs notice you're looting their containers? I'm in the first major dungeon and I think I've missed out on some stuff because I didn't want to piss off the locals, and when they joined my team we got pushed into the next section before I could raid the weapon rack.

No. In general anything that is visible can be looted freely. The game is too structured to have you attack things that aren’t enemies. This both to its credit and detriment.

You will always be able to go back (and can fast travel to map points in “mission” too) except in the tutorial which has no important loot. It’s a bit harder in that first dungeon for a few reasons but you can go get the loot again. Additionally you will be back there for some side quests later.

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »

No monks? Boo.

No. In general anything that is visible can be looted freely. The game is too structured to have you attack things that aren’t enemies. This both to its credit and detriment.

You will always be able to go back (and can fast travel to map points in “mission” too) except in the tutorial which has no important loot. It’s a bit harder in that first dungeon for a few reasons but you can go get the loot again. Additionally you will be back there for some side quests later.

I actually found a spot where they notice if you loot their containers.
    The vampire lady in the Dark Castle can be talked to instead of fought (which is good because she's tough), but if you want her Doom Gems and recipes, she'll say, "Do you think I'm an idiot?" and attack. I was like, "...Yes? Everyone else is."

I have been plowing through this game and I got to the volcano.
    I got to a point where I lucked into an ambush point against the boss, but I had to do it without support from the orcs beyond the shaman lady. I did it, but it turned out it was a load bearing boss and the volcano erupted. I escaped, but the orc shaman was gone and my party was like, "Dead orcs whatever, let's go." Only my dwarf cleric even halfway acknowledged that the orcs did us a solid and seemingly died for it.

So I reloaded, and didn't use the ambush. I united the orc tribes under my guy Brok, and we went in... amusingly even though I united four tribes it was still just the chief, shaman, and my team in the last encounter, which is essentially what we started with. But no, load bearing boss, dead orcs. (I also tried the ambush after uniting the tribes, same result).

I have to say, I've lost a lot of respect for my team. Yes, they're astonishing murderhobos of rare caliber, but those orcs were stand-up folks, at least the ones that weren't co-opted by soraks or corrupted by gemstone power. Seems like they should have felt worse about cynically uniting their society in the face of an existential threat and then just let them get burned alive by lava.

• Options
    Got around to the Lost Valley DLC and it was okay. Honesty, it's slightly better than the main campaign but not enough to change anyone's opinion about the game.

I played with the Commander Fighter and Court Mage Wizard, which were both decent support/tanks. The Circle of Balance Druid was okay. The circle spells you get make the Druid a pretty decent healer. I used the Hoodlum Rogue which I liked a lot. Sneak attacking with a two-hander, this class can hit like a truck. I thought it was going to end up being a bit fragile but with Cunning Action, you can get in and get out of melee pretty easily. Definitely a class I would play with again.

• Options
    McHoger wrote: »
    Got around to the Lost Valley DLC and it was okay. Honesty, it's slightly better than the main campaign but not enough to change anyone's opinion about the game.

I played with the Commander Fighter and Court Mage Wizard, which were both decent support/tanks. The Circle of Balance Druid was okay. The circle spells you get make the Druid a pretty decent healer. I used the Hoodlum Rogue which I liked a lot. Sneak attacking with a two-hander, this class can hit like a truck. I thought it was going to end up being a bit fragile but with Cunning Action, you can get in and get out of melee pretty easily. Definitely a class I would play with again.

Needed a break from Daemonhunters, so I started a Lost Valley campaign. Half-orc ginsu ranger, academic high elf wizard, beast totem druid, and hoodlum halfling rogue. Kinda feel like I screwed up with the halfling because she only has 10 str so she can't use the non-finesse martial weapons well, but then I remembered that gauntlets of ogre power exist, so I'm toughing it out.

• Options
    McHoger wrote: »

Needed a break from Daemonhunters, so I started a Lost Valley campaign. Half-orc ginsu ranger, academic high elf wizard, beast totem druid, and hoodlum halfling rogue. Kinda feel like I screwed up with the halfling because she only has 10 str so she can't use the non-finesse martial weapons well, but then I remembered that gauntlets of ogre power exist, so I'm toughing it out.

I'm not sure how much quest rewards are randomized, but I got 3-4 strength manuals.

• Options
    CarpyCarpy Registered User regular
    This dropped on Xbox earlier this month (not sure on other consoles), base game is on Gamepass with, I'm assuming, all the dlc available for purchase. PC cross play as well

• Options
    RiboflavinRiboflavin Registered User regular
    Late on this one but a sale got me.

Is there something wrong with flaming orb or do I misunderstand it?

It seems like it burns only the enemies I attack it with.

If F is friendly, O is Orb, and X is enemy:

X
    OX
    XF

If I attack one of the X's he gets burnt, If I end a turn like the picture, at the end of turn it only burns my Friendly Character.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Riboflavin wrote: »

X
    OX
    XF

If I attack one of the X's he gets burnt, If I end a turn like the picture, at the end of turn it only burns my Friendly Character.

I haven't played Solasta in quite a long while now, but if it's the flaming sphere spell and it works like the PNP version, it only damages enemies that end their turn next to it, or enemies you ram with it on your turn. If they are ending their turn next to it and not taking damage, then it's bugged.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    RiboflavinRiboflavin Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Riboflavin wrote: »

X
    OX
    XF

I haven't played Solasta in quite a long while now, but if it's the flaming sphere spell and it works like the PNP version, it only damages enemies that end their turn next to it, or enemies you ram with it on your turn. If they are ending their turn next to it and not taking damage, then it's bugged.

Ooooooo, I just misunderstood it. I thought it burnt whoever IT ended its turn with. No wonder all those guys give me opportunity attacks. They're fleeing the fire.

Also, is there anyway to a make a person walk in particular squares? Often I want to change their pathing in combat.

Riboflavin on
  • Options
    Wow, they really redid that final fight of the original campaign huh. Both the dragons got killed and both my Bard and Warlock went down. The in the second faze my monk got dropped pretty quickly. Probably wouldn't have made it if my Barbarian didn't have like 30 AC.