As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    xfn5sphcl07f.png

8 years.

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    Hey, not everyone is so compulsive, they needed to do some research first.

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Poor DK couldn't even win in his debut Wronchi video.

Anachronos is a nice intersection of cool flavor and an interesting mechanic. Also something that will be super annoying to have played against you.

• Options
    bwaniebwanie Posting into the void Registered User regular
    apparently i'm only a 20 pack player.

Yh6tI4T.jpg
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    has anyone else been unable to claim a portrait at the end of the reward track? When I try to select one nothing happens

I don't care so much about the portraits but the exclamation point just sits there, taunting me

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    has anyone else been unable to claim a portrait at the end of the reward track? When I try to select one nothing happens

I don't care so much about the portraits but the exclamation point just sits there, taunting me
    Yeah, it's a bug that got introduced in one of the more recent patches. Supposedly it won't be fixed until the rewards track rollover with the new expansion, at which point you'll have the portrait choice thrust at you (I think) upon login.

I'm glad I hit 100 before the bug because I would be super annoyed by it.

Edit: I am guessing adding DK to the game is what broke it. I'd imagine some prep work they did in adding another class to the possible reward portraits (but not actually going all the way and adding it to the UI layer) fucked something up in the code that's supposed to claim your choice.

forty on
  • Options
    They are running the DK demonstration/tournament thing on Twitch right now.

Drops for two packs a day are turned on if you care to load up a tab on mute for a bit.

• Options
    edited November 2022
    DK has a ton of synergy with Infuse with all the reborn, Risen stuff from corpses, hero power, etc.
    The Judge wrote: »
    They are running the DK demonstration/tournament thing on Twitch right now.

Drops for two packs a day are turned on if you care to load up a tab on mute for a bit.
    It looks like only one pack to me.

forty on
  • Options
    Weird - the icon has a 2 on it in the Drops/Awards area, but I haven't seen them load into HS yet so cannot confirm either way.

• Options
    antheremantherem Registered User regular
    Weird - the icon has a 2 on it in the Drops/Awards area, but I haven't seen them load into HS yet so cannot confirm either way.

It's one pack if you watch today, and another if you watch tomorrow.

• Options
    Cross posting from the Overwatch thread: https://investor.activision.com/news-releases/news-release-details/blizzard-entertainment-and-netease-suspending-game-services

Vast majority of Blizzard's live service games (Hearthstone included) will no longer be available in China as of January.
    IRVINE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nov. 16, 2022-- Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. announced today that it will be suspending most Blizzard game services in mainland China due to the expiration of the current licensing agreements with NetEase, Inc. on January 23, 2023. This includes World of Warcraft®, Hearthstone®, Warcraft® III: Reforged, Overwatch®, the StarCraft® series, Diablo III®, and Heroes of the Storm®. Diablo Immortal® co-development and publishing is covered under a separate agreement between the two companies.

Blizzard Entertainment has had licensing agreements with NetEase since 2008, covering the publication of these Blizzard titles in China. The two parties have not reached a deal to renew the agreements that is consistent with Blizzard’s operating principles and commitments to players and employees, and the agreements are set to expire in January 2023.

We will suspend new sales in the coming days and Chinese players will be receiving details of how this will work soon. Upcoming releases for World of Warcraft: Dragonflight, Hearthstone: March of the Lich King, and season 2 of Overwatch 2 will proceed later this year.

“We’re immensely grateful for the passion our Chinese community has shown throughout the nearly 20 years we’ve been bringing our games to China through NetEase and other partners,” said Mike Ybarra, president, Blizzard Entertainment. “Their enthusiasm and creativity inspire us, and we are looking for alternatives to bring our games back to players in the future.”

• Options
    edited November 2022
    Thread title switch took me a sec, but well played.

Edit: Ah yes, they finally showed the usual Druid card that makes everyone go WHAAAAAAAT?:

a1t1a07363d0.png

The Judge on
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    "it's"

:|

forty on
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited November 2022
    Thread title switch took me a sec, but well played.

Edit: Ah yes, they finally showed the usual Druid card that makes everyone go WHAAAAAAAT?:

a1t1a07363d0.png

Was about to start screaming about doomsayer but realized it's just beasts, that's an interesting card at least

Edit: ok so a quick search through standard neutral beasts and theres

Shellfish at 4 for 7/7
    Helmet Hermit at 1 for 4/3

Both of those are bonkers

ObiFett on
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    If this is included anywhere I can see this happening in 1-mana decks where the Druid is all of the sudden gaining 10 armor per turn for 1 mana.

• Options
    Donnicton wrote: »
    If this is included anywhere I can see this happening in 1-mana decks where the Druid is all of the sudden gaining 10 armor per turn for 1 mana.
    ?

• Options
    If you buff the minion, like say a 1 mana 1/1 token into a 10/10, then the cost is 1 and the bonuses are 10.

• Options
    Mimic Form uses the base stats though -- and I assume the base cost, although it's a bit ambiguous in the wording.

• Options
    Mine Rogue is still fun when you hit those highrolls. Took it for one last spin (maybe? dunno if it'll be much good next expansion) tonight and went like 4-1 with it finishing out the weekly quest.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Need help with a friend challenge - anyone on this AM and want to help? Idx86#1456 is BNet tag.

Edit: Taken care of, thank you!

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    this deck is really silly, outhealed/stalled an aggro dh with the nuts opener into his big finishers

### BFF
    # Class: Death Knight
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (0) Horn of Winter
    # 2x (1) Body Bagger
    # 2x (1) Noxious Cadaver
    # 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
    # 2x (2) Defrost
    # 2x (2) Frost Strike
    # 2x (2) Harbinger of Winter
    # 1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
    # 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
    # 2x (3) Glacial Advance
    # 2x (3) Howling Blast
    # 2x (3) Nerubian Vizier
    # 1x (3) Prince Renathal
    # 2x (3) Soulbreaker
    # 2x (4) Remorseless Winter
    # 2x (4) School Teacher
    # 1x (4) Thassarian
    # 1x (5) Queen Azshara
    # 2x (5) Rime Sculptor
    # 2x (6) Gnome Muncher
    # 1x (6) Overseer Frigidara
    # 1x (7) Patchwerk
    # 2x (8) Boneguard Commander
    # 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
    #
    AAECAfHhBAjbuQTp0ASY1ASJ5gSX7wTipAXLpQXMpQUQlrcE6uME7eME9eMEguQEseYE0e0Eh/YEiPYEsvcEs/cEvvcEtIAFtYAFxIEFopkFAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• Options
    I had 6.5k gold saved up for this expansion, I saw the Path of Arthas for 2k gold that had three legendaries and a few epics included, but that the cards also weren't available in packs? The exclusivity seems really dumb, but I have so much gold I just said fuck it. 3 legendaries for 20 packs worth of gold seems like a great deal.

sig.gif

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    I can't open my packs. :neutral:

I'll return to the game tomorrow.

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    emnmnme wrote: »

@emnmnme Fun story about that. Standard packs were bugged so the drop rate was through the roof. Blizz freaked out and disabled them before more people got tons of golden legendaries and signature cards. So that's why it happened. Crashed my game as I just finished with the DK prologue and couldn't hit end turn.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    lwt1973 wrote: »

@emnmnme Fun story about that. Standard packs were bugged so the drop rate was through the roof. Blizz freaked out and disabled them before more people got tons of golden legendaries and signature cards. So that's why it happened. Crashed my game as I just finished with the DK prologue and couldn't hit end turn.

oh, is this why I got a signature legendary out of my first and only classic pack?

• Options
    Damn, I have several Standard packs from saving up the last couple months of tavern brawl rewards. Wish I'd heard about that before it got fixed. :(

• Options
    They're probably going to roll that back anyway.

• Options
    lol ok so if you're f2p and want to buy path of arthas with gold (2k) it's HIDDEN inside the golden path of arthas bundle

i wonder how many people just ponied up the money because they couldn't find the free version

scummy as fuck

• Options
    I think they've been doing it that way with the mini-sets as well.

• Options
    Pack opening seems fixed even though the warning still shows up? Almost afraid they overcorrected now, so gonna wait until tomorrow to open.

sig.gif

• Options
    Shockspitter Hunter seems crazy strong.

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    lwt1973 wrote: »

oh, is this why I got a signature legendary out of my first and only classic pack?

It gave me 4 signature legendary and a golden legendary. In 8 packs.

Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    DK has a 64% arena winrate lol

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

I had the pack bug yesterday, which was nice. But then I went to buy more packs, and I couldn’t actually find March packs in the store. They literally weren’t there. So I bought 88 more Standard packs with my gold, and then couldn’t open them. Today I opened them: 2 Golden Legendaries, 8 other Legendaries, in those 88 packs.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Man, I had a work lunch yesterday and missed out on all the bugged pack fun. I have 45 packs to open this morning after the kids get off to school. Fingers crossed for some good luck.

Edit: Really good haul out of 45 packs. Here's what I pulled:

Blood Matriach Liadrin (signature)
    Overlord Drakuru
    Bonelord Frostwhisper
    Devourer of Souls

Add in the three legendaries I picked up from the Path of Arthas for 2k gold, I'd say 7 legendaries for 6.5k gold is pretty good value for a F2P'ish player (I usually pay cash for the minisets). Loads of epics too. Not sure if any are worth a shit, but I never disenchant anything and it's funny how cards that don't seem to be good today end up being usable in future expansions. Or at least fun for meme decks.

Edit 2:

Just got ANOTHER legendary from my first pack on the Reward Track: Dar'Khan Drathir. He's a signature legendary too.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

• Options
    I've seen some unbalanced weekly brawls before but god how did they think Priest was okay to go live like that

• Options
    edited December 2022
    I've seen some unbalanced weekly brawls before but god how did they think Priest was okay to go live like that
    What's the Brawl this week? And what's wrong with Priest?

forty on
  • Options
    Beasteh wrote: »
    ready for dks to be a bullshit broken class on launch

i haven't logged into HS in over a month and am probably done with the game, played practically nonstop since 2016 and i've moved on at this point
    So far DK seems... fine? Doesn't seem to be OP at all, seems like team 5 got the tuning on the class fine if the goal was to not have DKs blowing everyone out like DH was.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    What's the Brawl this week? And what's wrong with Priest?

It's a set of premade decks based on the class you choose.

Priest starts with the 40 deck/health minion (no one else does), the "Start of Game: Shadowform" minion, a deck full of removal/resurrect and "discover from your opponent's deck" cards, and a Blackwater Behemoth just for good measure. You just can't set up anything they can't instantly deal with.