As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The [Lego] Thread - Adults Welcome

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    dxaam8unctnx.jpg
    The result of the LEGO Ideas competition What does family mean to you? has been announced.

The winning entry is Your Family Tree by Bulldoozer, which will join the every-growing backlog of Ideas sets yet to be released, so expect to see it sometime in 2024.

https://brickset.com/article/86692/lego-ideas-x-target-winner-announced

• Options
    AkimboEGAkimboEG Mr. Fancypants Wears very fine pants indeedRegistered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »
    dxaam8unctnx.jpg
    The result of the LEGO Ideas competition What does family mean to you? has been announced.

The winning entry is Your Family Tree by Bulldoozer, which will join the every-growing backlog of Ideas sets yet to be released, so expect to see it sometime in 2024.

https://brickset.com/article/86692/lego-ideas-x-target-winner-announced

They should absolutely portray older style of minifigs for the photos of the earlier generations. Just straight up blank smiley faces without hair pieces.

Give me a kiss to build a dream on; And my imagination will thrive upon that kiss; Sweetheart, I ask no more than this; A kiss to build a dream on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    There is a leaked photo of a supposed new Tie Bomber. Only the second Lego Tie Bomber ever. 20 years between kits. I don’t want to get my hopes up in case it isn’t true.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    There is a leaked photo of a supposed new Tie Bomber. Only the second Lego Tie Bomber ever. 20 years between kits. I don’t want to get my hopes up in case it isn’t true.

I saw some youtubery saying that a TIE Bomber was coming.
    It is too late for me, my hopes are already growing engorged.

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    They haven't made a Tie Interceptor in even longer.

• Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    They haven't made a Tie Interceptor in even longer.

Tie Bomber was 2003. Tie Interceptor was 2006 and they did make that red First Order one that kinda counts.

We also need a new Tie Interceptor, but give me a bomber first.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    I don't know maybe we should get another x-wing instead

perhaps another 11 or 12 models of them

in a row

• Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular

in a row

I need my UCS XWING

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options

in a row

5 more Luke's Landspeeders.

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular

in a row

The landspeeder doesn't even look cool so I don't understand how that keeps happening, at least the X-Wing is dope looking.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Magell wrote: »

in a row

The landspeeder doesn't even look cool

Bite your tongue! :D

• Options
    webguy20webguy20 I spend too much time on the Internet Registered User regular
    Yea the land speeder is awesome.

Steam ID: Webguy20
    Origin ID: Discgolfer27
    Untappd ID: Discgolfer1981
  • Options
    chromdomchromdom Who? Where?Registered User regular
    The landspeeder is the 1977 Pontiac Firebird of the Star Wars galaxy.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    chromdom wrote: »
    The landspeeder is the 1977 Pontiac Firebird of the Star Wars galaxy.

Complete with panels in just primer.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    So because of the chain breaker lance for 40k disaster. I am in need of another present. I saw the transformer Lego set (phone will not let me spell prime's name) I have a discount of 25%form work so 170 becomes 130ish before or after tax the deep discount poorly explains this tax is .0768... As I could get it and another set

• Options
    MegaMan001 wrote: »

in a row

I need my UCS XWING

My brother is very made that I have the original one and he doesn't

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Okay it was a lot easier to make a live one of these than a dead one. Just so much nitty gritty work to make anything look organic.

I can tell already that it wouldn't be terribly fun to build, and probably obscenely expensive, but I'm committed to at least completing the design on principle.

0e42abqvvc4k.png

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Brainleech wrote: »

in a row

I need my UCS XWING

My brother is very made that I have the original one and he doesn't

I've looked at the one with clone wars Yoda on the front, but it doesn't have the little sticker stat sheet, right? Doesn't count.

Need a full on UCS XWING and BWING to finish my collection.

• Options
    I think he means this one:

7191-1.png

Which I own because my roommate in college owed me for 3 months rent, and we settled on his UCS X-wing, UCS Tie Interceptor, and Millenium Falcon (the UFO one).

• Options
    RaijuRaiju Shoganai JapanRegistered User regular
    New Lego Modular building got leaked: Jazz Club with a smaller pizzeria build on the side. Looks decent if a bit on the small side and I do dig the lounge singer and band members with their instruments. The Jazz Club itself looks more like a movie theater with its marquee signage, which I do like since it sorta resembles the Palace Cinema (I still kick myself for passing on that set). Looking forward to seeing photos of the interior.

• Options
    I am still upset the cinema was so small

• Options
    edited December 2022
    I actually built a small MOC of a concert stage complete with punk singer/guitarist, backup guitarist, bassist, drummer, keyboardist, and DJ with turntable (the last three being the robot minifigs from the failed Vidiyo theme). I really hope the interior of the Jazz Club has a spacious stage where I can place my punk band. Who says it has to be just a jazz club despite the prominent signage? :smile:
    Brainleech wrote: »
    I am still upset the cinema was so small

I've seen folks upgrading that set's interior with concessions, red carpet, and additional tiered row seat along with a stage space to place a real smartphone to simulate the movie screen.

Raiju on
  • Options

7191-1.png

Which I own because my roommate in college owed me for 3 months rent, and we settled on his UCS X-wing, UCS Tie Interceptor, and Millenium Falcon (the UFO one).

I've never seen that before!

• Options
    BigPointyTeethBigPointyTeeth run away! run away! MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    I stumbled across a lone probe droid at Target, which was awesome! My daughter and I have been putting sets together lately, spending some time together before I leave for a few months for work.

So, yesterday, I let her pick out a set (she picked an Avatar one), and I finally decided to buy Optimus Prime. Got home, opened it up, which came open rather easily, but I thought nothing of it. Then saw there was no instruction book. And then realized that the bags in there were all full of random pieces, and had been heat sealed back up. I was so angry. Unfortunately, the last Prime had been snapped up when I took it back in to exchange it, so I had to just return it instead.

I'm strangely glad it happened to me, who was going to open it immediately, than someone else who was Christmas shopping. Still, though, so mad at the kind of asshole that'd do that.

I might just grab the Fender set for the moment. I look at that everytime I pass by it and think if I have the money to spare, which until lately meant I was leaving it behind. Gonna do it up black to match mine, which was a present from my wife way back when we were dating, like, shit, damn near twenty years ago.

Later this week we're planning on going up to the cities to have a bit of a fun day, which will include the Lego store. I fully intend to spend a little foolishly there, so I'm not too terribly upset about Prime in the end.

Anyway, after a bit of a hiatus and a job change, I'm back on board the Lego train. Which my daughter still wants, so maybe that'll be a birthday present when I come home.

Also, what's this I hear about a new Tie Bomber? I will snap that up with no hesitation.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular

7191-1.png

It’s the OG UCS set (along with the TIE Interceptor).

• Options
    ronzo wrote: »

7191-1.png

It’s the OG UCS set (along with the TIE Interceptor).

It's very cool. It predates my Lego fandom by like a decade, though.

We are definitely due a new UCS XWING then! Twenty years too long.

• Options
    The last one, 10240, ran from June 2013 to Dec 2015. Although funnily enough, I think the set that has the most UCS versions is the Rebel Blockade Runner, at 3.

• Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    Give me a UCS Fondor (Luthen’s ship from Andor)

Hell, just give me a regular set of it.

• Options
    ForarForar #432 Toronto, Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    I've finally started building the Tallneck, and it has been quite an experience.

8 bags, the first 3 of which are the base. I managed to do #4, which seems to be much of the Torso (I mean, that's what it is, but knowing what we're working towards I suspect there's a bit more detailing and bulk yet to come as the legs and neck itself come together).

The Aloy minifig even has a little circle in her hairpiece to show off the Focus on the side of the head, A+ work there guys.

First they came for the Muslims, and we said NOT TODAY, MOTHERFUCKER!
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Forar wrote: »
    I've finally started building the Tallneck, and it has been quite an experience.

8 bags, the first 3 of which are the base. I managed to do #4, which seems to be much of the Torso (I mean, that's what it is, but knowing what we're working towards I suspect there's a bit more detailing and bulk yet to come as the legs and neck itself come together).

The Aloy minifig even has a little circle in her hairpiece to show off the Focus on the side of the head, A+ work there guys.

The custom headpiece having the focus glow on it, combined with the printing, is just a remarkable touch.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Forar wrote: »

I love the set but the Tallneck itself is awkward and was really hard to figure out how it attached to the base and how the legs should be set up. Definitely a display piece and not a playset (which is fine with me).

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    I love my Tallneck. It was a great build, and he's prominently displayed atop my bookshelf so he can run routine scans of the living room and let me know when a good fetch quest opens up.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    Give me a UCS Fondor (Luthen’s ship from Andor)

Hell, just give me a regular set of it.

2Bricks made a playscale Fondor Haulcraft MOC that looks pretty good. Even includes the sliding twin lightsaber blades that emit from the sides of the ship.

https://youtu.be/YHGk1MW_zIY

• Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    Succulents done! Lots of tiny fiddly bits, but I really like how it comes together at the end.

There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Back to working on the Starry Night project...

Easily my biggest complaint about lego's bigger sets is the tendency to spread out "Bag #X" over Y number of bags. I've lost count of the number of times over various sets where I'm sure I'm missing piece I need, only to go back diving into the box and find a 5th "Bag#6". Couldn't they label them 6A, 6B, etc?

I think from now on whenever I unbox any new set I'm going to make my first order of business sorting all the same-numbered bages into stacks and rubber-banding them together.

edit: Bag#6 done finally though. All just painting-frame and backside structural support, but... It stands up now!
    s1jarcjpqscp.png

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • Options
    AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    Jazz club has officially been announced.

Something is very screwy with me these days when I see the price and go "oh, that is cheaper than I was expecting!"

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    tbHILKbl.jpg
    vyfAGfOl.jpg
    EYOTOozl.jpg
    6fHvpTvl.jpg
    rY612iCl.jpg

Brolo on
  • Options
    [Expletive deleted][Expletive deleted] The mediocre doctor NorwayRegistered User regular
    Calling your jazz club "Jazz Club" speaks of a lack or creativity, I feel.

Sic transit gloria mundi.
  • Options
    BigPointyTeethBigPointyTeeth run away! run away! MinnesotaRegistered User regular
    That's not a Tie Bomber!

Also, Walmart had an Optimus Prime for $145 online, so tomorrow I will have so many new sets to build. Well, like, two, probably, but that's more than I currently have!

• Options
    That's not a Tie Bomber!

I don't know. I could see plenty of people in ties bombing there.

This discussion has been closed.