As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Profile Title

sponospono Mining for Nose DiamondsBooger CoveRegistered User regular
Here's a weird one - my profile title changed to "With California Extreme starting in less than 24 h" and I can't change it to anything else.

I've tried changing it on a mobile Chrome version 108.0.5359.79 and on desktop Firefox version 107.0.1

Any ideas?

640qocnq4ske.gif

• knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Click on your name to view profile

To edit your profile there should be a little drop menu type thing to the right of your reactions

From there you can change Title and Location

It will require your password

I just did this myself to see if it was working

( also you can just click the gear on the upper right corner that will bring up a drop menu with edit profile, view profile, etc on it)

knitdan on
    “I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    Yeah I did that, the form said it saved, and the title is still the same California extreme nonsense

640qocnq4ske.gif
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    yea mine went back to an old one i had a decade ago and now i can't edit it in any way

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    i also am unable to change my title and location and have it actually stay changed

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • ArbitraryDescriptorArbitraryDescriptor changed Registered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »
    i also am unable to change my title and location and have it actually stay changed

How long does it stay changed?

• ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Chanus wrote: »

How long does it stay changed?

it appears changed when it says changes saved but reverts as soon as i look at it

• sponospono Mining for Nose Diamonds Booger CoveRegistered User regular
    My title is back to normal! I didn't do anything to fix it

640qocnq4ske.gif
    changing mine still doesn't actually save even though it appears to

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    I'm also unable to change my location. It acts like it saves the new one (even says "changes saved" or whatever), but it never actually changes it.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    I've been trying all week to change my title and discovered I am also affected by the 'unable to change title' bug.

As with others, I can access the profile panel, enter password, and receive a popup noting changes have been saved, but the update never takes effect and the Title is always reset back to its previous value when loading forum pages or re-entering the profile edit page.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • DysDys how am I even using this gun Registered User regular
    Having been made to use the desktop version of the site for the first time in awhile, I have found that I am also affected by this bug!

Attempting to change it or remove notifies me that it is saved, but nothing actually winds up having changed.

• destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    yup, changing title hasn't worked for me for years.

I can change my location just fine...
    but title does exactly the same "change it, input my password, notify that changes are saved. but reload or refresh page and it's not altered in any post."

steam_sig.png
  • TetraNitroCubaneTetraNitroCubane The Djinnerator At the bottom of a bottleRegistered User regular
    I am currently unable to change my title or location

Seems to be the same behavior documented here