As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Hearthstone] Wizzing Toys for Everyone

• Options
    emnmnmeemnmnme Registered User regular
    Wait, what happens if the Death Knight plays against Warlock Kel'thuzad or Paladin Arthas? Any special dialog?

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    forty wrote: »
    I've seen some unbalanced weekly brawls before but god how did they think Priest was okay to go live like that
    What's the Brawl this week? And what's wrong with Priest?

It's a set of premade decks based on the class you choose.

Priest starts with the 40 deck/health minion (no one else does), the "Start of Game: Shadowform" minion, a deck full of removal/resurrect and "discover from your opponent's deck" cards, and a Blackwater Behemoth just for good measure. You just can't set up anything they can't instantly deal with.

Specifically it's the new deck recipes they added to the game, with all of the iconic balance thereof

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    This shockspitter card needs to go to 3 mana 3/3 asap

Also fucking ban Brann from standard

• Options
    AlphagaiaAlphagaia Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Beasteh wrote: »
    This shockspitter card needs to go to 3 mana 3/3 asap

Also fucking ban Brann from standard

Bran with Astalor Bloodsworn is insane, especially on turn 10, but turn 5 already gives you a definite edge as it it gives you access to two 8 mana cards that deal 16 damage, while plaving more threats and armor in their way first.

Edit: Shockspitter seems oke-ish to me. It folds to agro, life gain and big boards. Feels like the typical 'meta isn't defined but this deck is solved earlier angst' to me which we always get the first few weeks of a new expansion.

Alphagaia on
    Wanna try my Mario Maker levels?

Shoot m to BITS (hold Y) [hard] C109-0000-014D-4E09
    P-POWER Switch Palace 3838-0000-0122-9359
    Raiding the Serpents Tomb 1A04-0000-0098-C11E
    I like to move it, move it FCE2-0000-00D7-9048

See my profile here!
  • Options
    now THIS is a deck that will put hairs on your chest, I'm 11-0 with it so far

### XL Jackpot
    # Class: Rogue
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (0) Preparation
    # 1x (0) Shadow of Demise
    # 2x (0) Shadowstep
    # 2x (1) Blackwater Cutlass
    # 1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
    # 2x (2) Jackpot!
    # 1x (2) Maestra of the Masquerade
    # 2x (2) Perjury
    # 2x (2) Potion Belt
    # 1x (2) Potionmaster Putricide
    # 2x (2) Reconnaissance
    # 2x (2) Sketchy Stranger
    # 2x (2) Tooth of Nefarian
    # 2x (2) Wicked Stab (Rank 1)
    # 2x (3) Ghastly Gravedigger
    # 1x (3) Prince Renathal
    # 2x (4) Swiftscale Trickster
    # 2x (5) Contraband Stash
    # 1x (5) Queen Azshara
    # 2x (5) Wildpaw Gnoll
    # 1x (6) Crabatoa
    # 1x (6) Theotar, the Mad Duke
    # 1x (7) Tess Greymane
    # 1x (8) Shadowcrafter Scabbs
    # 1x (9) The Sunwell
    # 1x (10) Sire Denathrius
    #
    AAECAd75Awyh+QP7igTYtgTbuQTp0AS42QSX7wTMoAXooAXUoQWLpAXipAUOqusDvYAE9p8E958EuqQE+6UE7KcE+awE1bYEkt8Ew+ME9+0E+fEE36AFAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• Options
    lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    Signature cards look terrible. The art is good but the overall aesthetic of them is just bad. The gray and the black is bad. I hadn't read much up on them before as I've been interested in Marvel Snap but whenever I got one I thought, is this a special thing? Maybe if they did the movement thing as Diamond does it might be better but currently I'd rather get a golden legendary.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited December 2022
    Damn, this expansion added 3 4 Outcast cards to DH. For reference to how much Team 5 has been ignoring the mechanic lately, Nathria added 0, Voyage added 1, Alterac Valley added 0, Stormwind added 1, and Barrens added 2.

And 3 of the new Outcast cards are based around Outcast synergy, when DHs basically haven't been playing Outcast cards at all since rotation.

forty on
  • Options
    What the hell?
    qq6ia32t582z.jpg
    zc754kp9mis6.jpg

• Options
    What the hell?
    qq6ia32t582z.jpg
    zc754kp9mis6.jpg

e33eob7o5okr.jpg

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    What the hell?
    qq6ia32t582z.jpg
    zc754kp9mis6.jpg
    What about those images is eliciting the "What the hell?"? What am I missing?

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    What the hell?
    qq6ia32t582z.jpg
    zc754kp9mis6.jpg

There's a bug with the Lich King intro quests where it will start you on mission 2, run you through to mission 4, then loop you back to mission 1 and then give you the unlocks upon completing that. Had that happen to me too.

• Options
    It crashed my game after I beat the fourth stage so I reloaded the client and it had unlocked DK

• Options
    YiliasYilias Registered User regular
    I was going to wait on the 80 pack 'preorder' since ot runs through Monday, but I can't see it in the shop now. If I go to the website it says I already bought it, but I don't think I did and I don't have the portrait or enough unopened packs. Maybe because I got Path of Arthas for gold and that's part of the bundle? Any ideas aside from message support that I would like them to take my money?

Steam - BNet: Yilias #1224 - Riot: Yilias #moc
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    These manathirst cards are pretty good for Quest Priest. You can have your dud 2 mana cards mean something on turn 20.

emnmnme on
  • Options
    ronzoronzo Registered User regular
    44 packs with gold, only pulled 2 legendaries. Nearly as bad as that can go really, damn.

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I am living right, just got Astalor for my free legendary on Level 20 of the reward track.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    I did my big gold dump into packs and openings last night. Probably around 135 Lich King packs opened. Got what seemed like an adequate number of legendaries for the amount of packs I opened (I've stopped tracking every legendary I open, meh), but hardly any of what appear to be the "good" ones so far. I think Anub'Rekhan is probably the best one I got, but that's made for expensive Renethal ramp druid. Didn't get the DH Scythe, Rogue Putricide, or what is far and away the most generally useful of this set, Astalor.

Still WTB mass pack opening option. Or at least an animation skip option to speed it up.

And thanks for the advice on picking Priest in the brawl. It was a slow attrition game against a Warlock, but I won it just before he hit fatigue. I think I was still at 40 life at the end.

• Options
    Yilias wrote: »
    I was going to wait on the 80 pack 'preorder' since ot runs through Monday, but I can't see it in the shop now. If I go to the website it says I already bought it, but I don't think I did and I don't have the portrait or enough unopened packs. Maybe because I got Path of Arthas for gold and that's part of the bundle? Any ideas aside from message support that I would like them to take my money?
    I was curious what happened if you bought the Path of Arthas before the mega bundle, but couldn't find any discussion about that specific scenario via Google. It wouldn't surprise me if that is the problem in your situation, though.

• Options
    The JudgeThe Judge The Terwilliger CurvesRegistered User regular
    Wow, quick patch:

Shockspitter increased from 2 mana to 3 mana

Denathrius now requires Infuse (2) instead of Infuse (1)

Last pint: Turmoil CDA / Barley Brown's - Untappd: TheJudge_PDX
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Delduwath wrote: »
    What the hell?
    qq6ia32t582z.jpg
    zc754kp9mis6.jpg

There's a bug with the Lich King intro quests where it will start you on mission 2, run you through to mission 4, then loop you back to mission 1 and then give you the unlocks upon completing that. Had that happen to me too.
    Yep, this. Also it showed the reward chest as open after beating the "third" mission, before I had completed the scenario.

The Judge wrote: »
    Wow, quick patch:

Shockspitter increased from 2 mana to 3 mana

Shockspitter Hunter seems crazy strong.
    I guess so! RIP

forty on
  • Options
    The Judge wrote: »

Oh, shit, he eventually was murdered.

• Options
    damn i wonder what the internal data was showing for shockspitter that it got hit this fast

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    Update from Celestalon on Twitter: Grim Patron and Gruntled Patron have been temporarily banned from ranked play due to the Corpse Explosion interaction.

(crashes the client and makes you skip your next turn because it constantly generates and spends corpses until it hits the resolve limit which is like 50)
    damn i wonder what the internal data was showing for shockspitter that it got hit this fast

it was oppressive as fuck considering how easy it was to fish for and duplicate for an easy turn 6 otk

Beasteh on
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Update from Celestalon on Twitter: Grim Patron and Gruntled Patron have been temporarily banned from ranked play due to the Corpse Explosion interaction.

(crashes the client and makes you skip your next turn because it constantly generates and spends corpses until it hits the resolve limit which is like 50)

it was oppressive as fuck considering how easy it was to fish for and duplicate for an easy turn 6 otk

It was pretty neat being at fifty and then turn seven rolling around and being dead.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    The Shockspitter nerf reminded me to check for full refund cards, which is good because I had forgotten to dust my Ice Revenants, of which I apparently had two golden copies. Score!

Shockspitter Hunter was crazy, but I wasn't really seeing that much of it on high legend Twitch streams. Nohandsgamer was dominating with it for a while, but then started running into decks that seemed to beat it, like Miracle Rogue, Beast Hunter, and possibly a couple other things I can't recall now (this was a couple days ago). Might have been some aggro decks like aggro druid and imp warlock?

Edit: I could see this being at least in part a feels nerf, because it does feel miserable to get spiked down to dead by an empty board (or with taunts in the way) from full health (even 40) before turn 10.

forty on
  • Options
    The Shockspitter nerf reminded me to check for full refund cards, which is good because I had forgotten to dust my Ice Revenants, of which I apparently had two golden copies. Score!

I had a golden Shockspitter myself, so yeah, free Epic right there.

• Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited December 2022
    I find it weird they didn’t create a keyword for Death Knight that says the minion doesn’t leave a corpse. I know some cards have it spelled out.

Then Corpse Explosion can say “Give all of your minions Decayed.” and go on from there. Bam, infinite chain broke and only a mild nerf to the card overall in normal usage.

Sterica on
    YL9WnCY.png
  • Options
    edited December 2022
    They need to do something to rein in druid and rogue

Ramp doesn't care about the Denathrius nerf and rogue has a 9/3 sword and an 11/11 stealthed ghost on turn 5 anyway

Nerf guff (properly this time), nerf the rogue location and weapon girl, yeet Brann from standard, and maybe we will start to see a healthy meta develop

PS Death Knight seems super unimpactful rn, BBB control commits the cardinal sin of being boring as well as bad, unholy is a bad version of aggro druid, frost doesn't quite get there with Renathal decks around

It lacks good finisher cards now that Daddy D is no longer a viable wincon

Beasteh on
  • Options
    I doubt we see brann nerfs before the holidays, just due to the knock-on effects to the non-busted classes. I would be surprised if it gets banned before the rotation in March, but maybe it could eat a small mana nerf?

• Options
    4 mana would help a lot so its harder to do stuff like brann + patchwerk/mograine

• Options
    ronzo wrote: »
    44 packs with gold, only pulled 2 legendaries. Nearly as bad as that can go really, damn.

I forgot to mention that I pulled both Warrior legendaries from packs. Maybe one day those will be useful....

• Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    This deck is pretty NEAT. I’m reliably getting the combo off on T7. As long as you have 11 mana (Guff, coin, innervate) you can Brann —> Anub —> Astalor —> Astalor —> Astalor some more and just blow people up out of nowhere. I’m not sure Wrath belongs in the deck, but both modes of it have been useful, so I’m a little torn.

2x (0) Aquatic Form
    2x (0) Innervate
    2x (1) Planted Evidence
    1x (2) Astalor Bloodsworn
    2x (2) Chitinous Plating
    2x (2) Dew Process
    2x (2) Earthen Scales
    2x (2) Jerry Rig Carpenter
    2x (2) Moonlit Guidance
    2x (2) Wrath
    1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
    2x (3) Wild Growth
    2x (4) Widowbloom Seedsman
    2x (5) Nourish
    1x (5) Wildheart Guff
    1x (8) Anub'Rekhan
    2x (8) Crypt Keeper

Code: AAECAc6LBQSJiwSY1AS+mAXipAUNr4AEsIAEiZ8Erp8E2p8ErsAEgNQE1t4Ewd8EhO8EtpgFu5gF2qEFAA==

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    shit out wide boards every turn, snack on ramp druids that flail to stop you only to take 40+ from grave strength

### UUU Aggro
    # Class: Death Knight
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    # 2x (1) Arms Dealer
    # 2x (1) Banshee
    # 2x (1) Body Bagger
    # 2x (1) Foul Egg
    # 2x (1) Irondeep Trogg
    # 2x (1) Skeletal Sidekick
    # 2x (2) Battlefield Necromancer
    # 2x (2) Bonedigger Geist
    # 2x (2) Necrotic Mortician
    # 2x (3) Anti-Magic Shell
    # 2x (3) Chillfallen Baron
    # 2x (3) Hawkstrider Rancher
    # 2x (4) Grave Strength
    # 2x (4) Nerubian Swarmguard
    # 2x (5) Army of the Dead
    #
    AAECAfHhBAAP4aQEhuQEkOQEkeQEkuQE0/EEhfYEh/YEsvcE3YIFkpMFoJkFk50FrqEFhaoFAA==
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

• Options
    I doubt we see brann nerfs before the holidays, just due to the knock-on effects to the non-busted classes. I would be surprised if it gets banned before the rotation in March, but maybe it could eat a small mana nerf?

https://preview.redd.it/ywwfaayvih5a1.png?auto=webp&s=6e9a8a61d665523c35f79e8cd3a35afa4807cd8a

I may have been wrong!

• Options
    edited December 2022
    shit out wide boards every turn, snack on ramp druids that flail to stop you only to take 40+ from grave strength

### UUU Aggro
    # Class: Death Knight
    # Year of the Hydra
    #
    AAECAfHhBAAP4aQEhuQEkOQEkeQEkuQE0/EEhfYEh/YEsvcE3YIFkpMFoJkFk50FrqEFhaoFAA==
    #
    I think I played that exact deck to knock out my weekly ladder wins quest yesterday. I was looking for a DK deck that wouldn't require crafting any legendaries, and then I found this cheapo one that I already had all the cards for. I think I went 4-2 with it.

I think it's probably an average aggro/zoo deck, but my relative success came from facing, as you mentioned, a couple of ramp Druids, and also some jank (like a Hunter trying to play post-nerf Shockspitter). Like I'm guessing that Imp Warlock and Aggro Druid probably do the job better, but I wanted to do something with the new class.

forty on
  • Options

https://preview.redd.it/ywwfaayvih5a1.png?auto=webp&s=6e9a8a61d665523c35f79e8cd3a35afa4807cd8a

I may have been wrong!
    I'm curious what turn 7 Brann OTK from an empty hand that person is referring to.

• Options

I may have been wrong!
    I'm curious what turn 7 Brann OTK from an empty hand that person is referring to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-ih6dcuaYc

• Options
    If you've got Vandar Stormpike and this dude
    140ttx2e1g4d.png
    can big fat Demon Hunter be a viable deck?

• Options
    no the tools just aren't there. the stats of the demons aren't the problem, the deck is just so glacially slow and doesn't have good battlecry effects with their big guys

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    i am so fucking tired of brann still being in standard, druid being the most egregious abuser since they can ignore having 10 max mana and can also spend armor on cards instead of mana